1 North New York Road
Absecon, NJ 08205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.smithvilleinn.com/
- Phone: 6096527777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 8:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Bellino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available to accommodate your group from 10 to 200 guests. Custom menus. Free Consultation. Call today.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Cramer 6096527777
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music every Wednesday night in the Baremore tavern 7:00 PM-Close. Enjoy the music of Lenny Mitchel performing live on our grand piano every Friday & Saturday night.
- Special Events: Smithville Inn specializes in private events from 10-200 guest. Weddings, Showers, Anniversary's, Graduations, Holidays, Birthdays & More. Contact our event manager Heather@Smithvilleinn.com for more details.
- Cross Street: Route 9 & Moss Mill Road
- Public Transit: New Jersey Transit bus stop located directly across from the Smithville Inn.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Smithville Inn is located in Historic Towne of Smithville - Ample free parking & complimentary valet service for all functions.
A word from Smithville Inn
Old world charm meets new world hospitality in this lovely lakeside landmark. A longtime locals favorite serving award winning classic continental cuisine with a modern flair. The restaurant, resurrected from an uncertain future in 1997 by the combined efforts of the Coppola & Bushar families, has since reclaimed its spot among the favorite dining locations in the Atlantic City area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Smithville Inn - Best Restaurants in Galloway ›
Smithville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)scenic view (78)romantic (56)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (38)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (33)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (26)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Not many leftOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Great place for those who enjoy white table clothes, good food and service which are hard to find these days. Good quality at competitive prices;scenic views with mature guests.. Soft ;piano music during dinner. Excellent for all occasions;small parties and large groups Decor with candles and flowers.Special Features:
- Favorite Place for Sunday BrunchgoldenoldieDined on 9/7/2014We took out of town visitors to the Inn for Sunday brunch. Since they had never been there before, we asked for a window table when we made the reservation. We were graciously accommodated. The restaurant was very busy, but we were seated promptly. We had a very friendly and efficient waitress. Our guests marveled at the extensive array of food available. After surveying the many choices, they had made to order omelettes and savored every bite. Their second round was the dessert table. So many choices - decisions, decisions, decisions. We were happy they enjoyed it so much because it is our favorite neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Obviously not a place for the common folk. What's with the Valet Parking?Special Features:
- Excellent LobsterLarryRVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have been here many times for Happy hour and also for lunch. This was the first time we did dinner and were not disappointed. They had a Lobster special that came with a salad, corn on the Cobb and a baked potato for $20. Can't beat it. Plus the Lobster was cut so most of the work was already done for us. They also had a nice wine list that was reasonably priced as well as a nice selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014We could not have asked for better service or food, outstanding on all counts. Piano music and female vocalist, beautiful, memorable. The perfect evening. Thank You!Special Features:
- Chicken Pot Pie...the best aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I first visited the Smithville Inn around Christmas of 1963. We have continued throughout 51 years of marriage to enjoy this wonderful restaurant..... Our visits to this historic Inn and Restaurant never disappoint. The Smithville is one of the few remaining South Jersey restaurants which has withstood the test of time and continuously provide a menu with great choices, excellent food, good service and a memorable dining experience. Last Thursday, my wife and I both ordered and thoroughly enjoyed the Chicken Pot Pie...without a doubt, the best around. The addition of live diner entertainment (lounge singer and piano player) beginning early Thursday evening provided encouragement for us to stay a while...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMaureenVIPDined on 9/3/2014We were looking for a nice place for my birthday dinner. I had been here about fifty years ago with my grandparents. It is such a nice place so quaint and historic. The menu was great. I had shrimp with pasta and it was very good. The house salad is huge!! Enough to split and they even gave a piece of cake to the birthday girl.. Very enjoyable night and can't wait to go back. There is a village of shops so make it there early and finish with a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Anniversary BrunchMrswwwDined on 8/31/2014The brunch at smithville inn is one of our favorites. Relaxing, good food, beautiful scenery and good service! Thanks for a wonderful anniversary experience :)Special Features:
- Lunch at SmithvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We took some out of town visitors for lunch at Smithville. They were very impressed with the food and the level of service as we know they would be. This is a very special place.Special Features:
- Lobster SpecialNickletDined on 8/29/2014The Smithville Inn is a beautiful old restaurant. We chose to go with friends during the summer for the Friday night lobster special. One and a half pound lobsters are $20 and include salad, a baked potato and corn on the cob. It was excellent and very moist. We also had two pasta dishes - the braised short rib one and the shrimp aioli. Everything was delicious. We like this restaurant because they use vegetables that have been locally grown. An excellent value for your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific RestaurantLABATDined on 8/29/2014We have been to the Smithville Inn for both the Sunday brunch and the Friday Night $20 lobster special. We called ahead and asked for all four of our lobster dinners to be chilled. We arrived and as we were seated the waitress already knew that we had chilled dinners. The appetizers were terrific, the salad crisp and fresh, and the lobster dinner was perfect. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and made to feel welcomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2014Great food and we were made to feel welcome... Michael provided excellent service and recommendations; all four in our party enjoyed appetizer, entree, and dessert selections. We had dinners at three high-end restaurants in the area this week, and can say without reservation that the best and most enjoyable experience was our dinner at the Smithville Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBeautifulVIPDined on 8/27/2014As always Smithville Inn is one of the best restaurants in South Jersey!!!!!!! You will not be disappointed!! Great food, great wine selections!Special Features:
- We have not eaten here for years.SuzegalVIPDined on 8/25/2014Service was friendly. Long time between courses, always with an excuse. We are not fussy eaters but have a major interest in fine dining. This is a very pretty place. It's an old fashioned restaurant. I haven't been to a restaurant in years that still offers a relish tray (apple butter, cottage cheese and cranberry). This was a very nice surprise. BUT-it took forever. I ordered Rack of Lamb medium rare ($36). It was well done! My husband's veal melanese was dry and inedible. Such a shame as it was very well presented. We did not want to order anything else. It had been 2.5 hours already. I declined a replacement. They comped us one dessert. There are so many restaurants around. We don't need to go there again.
- Charming Smithville InnKarenCDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance is quaint and comfortable elegance. Wait staff is outstanding. Will definitely come back and tell others. The village is perfect for walking after dining.Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 8/22/2014Had a great lobster dinner for $20. Great surprise. We took our time and did not feel rushed. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Good food with great view at the window. Menu was also a very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014This has become a beautiful tradition while our family vacations at the shore each year! Already looking forward to next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryJudyMdiningbliss1623Dined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our lunch very much, our table faced a nice window with a nice view of greenery. Service was good. The waitress was pleasant and helpful. The online reservation application was easy to use and a prompt confirmation was issued to us.Special Features:
- very disappointedverydisappointedDined on 8/14/2014My daughter and I were quite disappointed with our meals. Both of us had a dish that I ncluded pasta or noodles and it seems as though they came out in a whole clump. My dish was not what I expected. I ordered Ahi tuna and it came out breaded and my daughter had a dish with shrimp ai oi and all she ate were the shrimp.Special Features:
- JB389Dined on 8/12/2014Server and manager very engaging. Took an international group of 7 there and everyone found something they could enjoy. Portions are very large!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place was near empty ...Violoncelle74VIPDined on 8/11/2014thought maybe because later (8:30) on a Monday night. Our server was very pleasant. That was the high point. Fried heirloom tomatoes were pretty good. My son liked his peanut butter chocolate dessert and my wife thought the carrot cake was good. Not much else to recommend food wise. "Pork belly" was actually bacon. Duck confit was beyond dry and tough. Had fond memories from a visit 50 years earlier as a child. Sadly will not be returning.
- Smithville DiningGustaveDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been at the Inn in a few years as everything we once loved about it changed when the casino's bought it. The table we were given was a scenic view of the pond and the interior of the inn was warm and rustic as we remembered. The serving staff was very attentive and warm. Every process was done with taste and decorum. The ladies of our party totally enjoyed their meal of the special panko encrusted salmon which was done to perfection. However the dinners served to the men were only fair. We ordered the shrimp and scallops over pasta. The three shrimp and three scallops did not warrant the price of the dish. The chef appears to concentrate on the specials and not the menu items. Overall the dinner was excellent.Special Features:
- getaway dinnerLoveFarmtoFork2Dined on 8/8/2014Spent a couple of nights at the Colonial Inn, had dinner one night at Smithville Inn. Hostess was prompt and very kind. Server was hospitable, knowledgeable and willing to help. Food was excellent. Had a nice leisurely dinner, never felt rushed and staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencexxxxxxxxxxxxxDined on 8/8/2014Haven't been to Smithville Inn in some time. We both fancied Lobster and took advantage of the Friday Night offering of Lobster. We were both very pleased with the entire dinner right down to a fabulous dessert. We made a reservation, and I glad we did. The Dining Room was packed when we left. The service was super and even with a couple of drinks the bill was not bad. Will we come back again? You bet we will!Special Features:
- Nice eventOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated a 70th birthday in the private room - the room was charming, food was great - but truly the service that stood out. Bobby was our server, and was on the mark throuhgout the event - including addressing all the challenges a one year old could muster up. Truly appreciate the personalized and professional service!Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerjbhomemaker1Dined on 8/1/2014My family and I came for dinner for the Friday lobstet dinner special which was delicious! I greatly appreciated that the body of the lobster was cut open horizontally so I only to crack the claws. The dinner came with a crisp, chilled garden salad and baked potato with sea-salted skin. My daughter's pot pie was large and tasty. The crust was flakey and flavorful. However, dumplings inside were a surprise she didn't like. My husband enjoyed large sea scallops over pasta. Our server was nice, but was tired from working all day. It was difficult for her to serve because our table was close to another on one side. She knocked my husband's full glass of water all over him. We did enjoy our window seat view of a fountain and pond.Special Features:
- Very nice lobster dinnerExcellentVIPDined on 8/1/2014My friend and I were very happy with our experience here. The food was very good. We might have waited a tiny bit too long for our dinner, but it was delicious. We've been there a few times and the food and service is always excellent. This was even more impressive because they also had a wedding taking place. There was a table with two young children making the usual noise and little mess, and the manager invited them to come visit again. The manager and our waiter constantly checked on us. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014For a restaurant that his been around for years , we were pleasantly surprised We enjoyed our experience I just hope that they maintain the restaurants appearanceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Smithville InnBill592014Dined on 7/25/2014Went there for the Friday Night Lobster Dinner - was not diaspponited - well prepared - worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Our waitress paced our lunch service perfectly, seeing that my friend was celebrating her birthday and opening a birthday gift. Thank you for not being intrusive.Special Features:
- It been a while,still a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Laura, our waitress was exceptional. Great place for a couple to enjoy the each other, ambiance and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiGiDined on 7/19/2014Smithville Inn is a great place to have a delicious lunch with family and friends. All the dishes looked magnificent and it is hard to pick one out of many. There was no negative comments heard about the food or the service. All the servers were very pleasant and accommodating. Another plus is it's located amidst little shops which have many different things to choose from. If you want to have a lovely day out this is the place to go.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014I've been searching for an elegant old school restaurant. This is it! Great food, great service, and the singer and pianist were terrific. It brought back so many happy memories of times past. A touch of class that many new upscale restaurants have forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!BeautifulVIPDined on 7/16/2014You will always be satisfied at Smithville!!!!!!! Best Restaurant in South Jersey!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticforty2jDined on 7/5/2014I was married here, and make it back for nearly anniversary; this was our 11th. They prepare a range of foods from many cuisines, and excel at all. At this visit, both the prime rib and paella were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smithville Inn as Perfect as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We go to the Smithville Inn several times a year. We were married there, spend anniversaries there etc. Smithville Inn never ceases to amaze us with there delicious, unique cuisine. Total dining perfection all around! It's truly home to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and FunQualityFirstVIPDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed another wonderful meal at Smithville. It is consistently good. The quiche was exceptional. Service was friendly and attentive but not obtrusive. We even had dessert, which was a special treat for a midday lunch. One of the better dining spots at the Jersey shore.Special Features:
- APRILNJFishHawkDined on 7/3/2014April sings standards on Thursday evenings. Adds another asset to this very nice establishment. We recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere, Mediocre FoodlongwaytogoforthisfoodDined on 6/29/2014The breakfast brunch has a lot to offer as far as the variety of food. However, only a few stand-outs in the taste department. The souci was so bad, my family said Shop Rite souci tastes far better. The hot fruit desserts were very good--the peach & apple cobblers, although the other desserts were ordinary. The mashed potato bar was impressive. The green beans were fabulous as they were not overcooked. The salad offerings were sparse. The meat carving section, mini Belgian waffle station and omelet stations were good--I especially appreciated the fresh strawberries and whipped cream for the waffle.