1 North New York Road
Absecon, NJ 08205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.smithvilleinn.com/
- Phone: 6096527777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 8:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Bellino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available to accommodate your group from 10 to 200 guests. Custom menus. Free Consultation. Call today.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Cramer 6096527777
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music every Wednesday night in the Baremore tavern 7:00 PM-Close. Enjoy the music of Lenny Mitchel performing live on our grand piano every Friday & Saturday night.
- Special Events: Smithville Inn specializes in private events from 10-200 guest. Weddings, Showers, Anniversary's, Graduations, Holidays, Birthdays & More. Contact our event manager Heather@Smithvilleinn.com for more details.
- Cross Street: Route 9 & Moss Mill Road
- Public Transit: New Jersey Transit bus stop located directly across from the Smithville Inn.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Smithville Inn is located in Historic Towne of Smithville - Ample free parking & complimentary valet service for all functions.
A word from Smithville Inn
Old world charm meets new world hospitality in this lovely lakeside landmark. A longtime locals favorite serving award winning classic continental cuisine with a modern flair. The restaurant, resurrected from an uncertain future in 1997 by the combined efforts of the Coppola & Bushar families, has since reclaimed its spot among the favorite dining locations in the Atlantic City area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Smithville Inn - Best Restaurants in Galloway ›
Smithville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (73)special occasion (71)romantic (48)good for groups (47)great for brunch (35)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (30)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (21)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Charming Smithville InnKarenCDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance is quaint and comfortable elegance. Wait staff is outstanding. Will definitely come back and tell others. The village is perfect for walking after dining.Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 8/22/2014Had a great lobster dinner for $20. Great surprise. We took our time and did not feel rushed. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Good food with great view at the window. Menu was also a very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014This has become a beautiful tradition while our family vacations at the shore each year! Already looking forward to next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryJudyMdiningbliss1623Dined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our lunch very much, our table faced a nice window with a nice view of greenery. Service was good. The waitress was pleasant and helpful. The online reservation application was easy to use and a prompt confirmation was issued to us.Special Features:
- very disappointedverydisappointedDined on 8/14/2014My daughter and I were quite disappointed with our meals. Both of us had a dish that I ncluded pasta or noodles and it seems as though they came out in a whole clump. My dish was not what I expected. I ordered Ahi tuna and it came out breaded and my daughter had a dish with shrimp ai oi and all she ate were the shrimp.Special Features:
- JB389Dined on 8/12/2014Server and manager very engaging. Took an international group of 7 there and everyone found something they could enjoy. Portions are very large!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place was near empty ...Violoncelle74VIPDined on 8/11/2014thought maybe because later (8:30) on a Monday night. Our server was very pleasant. That was the high point. Fried heirloom tomatoes were pretty good. My son liked his peanut butter chocolate dessert and my wife thought the carrot cake was good. Not much else to recommend food wise. "Pork belly" was actually bacon. Duck confit was beyond dry and tough. Had fond memories from a visit 50 years earlier as a child. Sadly will not be returning.
- Smithville DiningGustaveDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been at the Inn in a few years as everything we once loved about it changed when the casino's bought it. The table we were given was a scenic view of the pond and the interior of the inn was warm and rustic as we remembered. The serving staff was very attentive and warm. Every process was done with taste and decorum. The ladies of our party totally enjoyed their meal of the special panko encrusted salmon which was done to perfection. However the dinners served to the men were only fair. We ordered the shrimp and scallops over pasta. The three shrimp and three scallops did not warrant the price of the dish. The chef appears to concentrate on the specials and not the menu items. Overall the dinner was excellent.Special Features:
- getaway dinnerLoveFarmtoFork2Dined on 8/8/2014Spent a couple of nights at the Colonial Inn, had dinner one night at Smithville Inn. Hostess was prompt and very kind. Server was hospitable, knowledgeable and willing to help. Food was excellent. Had a nice leisurely dinner, never felt rushed and staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencexxxxxxxxxxxxxDined on 8/8/2014Haven't been to Smithville Inn in some time. We both fancied Lobster and took advantage of the Friday Night offering of Lobster. We were both very pleased with the entire dinner right down to a fabulous dessert. We made a reservation, and I glad we did. The Dining Room was packed when we left. The service was super and even with a couple of drinks the bill was not bad. Will we come back again? You bet we will!Special Features:
- Nice eventOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated a 70th birthday in the private room - the room was charming, food was great - but truly the service that stood out. Bobby was our server, and was on the mark throuhgout the event - including addressing all the challenges a one year old could muster up. Truly appreciate the personalized and professional service!Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerjbhomemaker1Dined on 8/1/2014My family and I came for dinner for the Friday lobstet dinner special which was delicious! I greatly appreciated that the body of the lobster was cut open horizontally so I only to crack the claws. The dinner came with a crisp, chilled garden salad and baked potato with sea-salted skin. My daughter's pot pie was large and tasty. The crust was flakey and flavorful. However, dumplings inside were a surprise she didn't like. My husband enjoyed large sea scallops over pasta. Our server was nice, but was tired from working all day. It was difficult for her to serve because our table was close to another on one side. She knocked my husband's full glass of water all over him. We did enjoy our window seat view of a fountain and pond.Special Features:
- Very nice lobster dinnerExcellentVIPDined on 8/1/2014My friend and I were very happy with our experience here. The food was very good. We might have waited a tiny bit too long for our dinner, but it was delicious. We've been there a few times and the food and service is always excellent. This was even more impressive because they also had a wedding taking place. There was a table with two young children making the usual noise and little mess, and the manager invited them to come visit again. The manager and our waiter constantly checked on us. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014For a restaurant that his been around for years , we were pleasantly surprised We enjoyed our experience I just hope that they maintain the restaurants appearanceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Smithville InnBill592014Dined on 7/25/2014Went there for the Friday Night Lobster Dinner - was not diaspponited - well prepared - worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Our waitress paced our lunch service perfectly, seeing that my friend was celebrating her birthday and opening a birthday gift. Thank you for not being intrusive.Special Features:
- It been a while,still a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Laura, our waitress was exceptional. Great place for a couple to enjoy the each other, ambiance and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiGiDined on 7/19/2014Smithville Inn is a great place to have a delicious lunch with family and friends. All the dishes looked magnificent and it is hard to pick one out of many. There was no negative comments heard about the food or the service. All the servers were very pleasant and accommodating. Another plus is it's located amidst little shops which have many different things to choose from. If you want to have a lovely day out this is the place to go.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014I've been searching for an elegant old school restaurant. This is it! Great food, great service, and the singer and pianist were terrific. It brought back so many happy memories of times past. A touch of class that many new upscale restaurants have forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!BeautifulVIPDined on 7/16/2014You will always be satisfied at Smithville!!!!!!! Best Restaurant in South Jersey!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticforty2jDined on 7/5/2014I was married here, and make it back for nearly anniversary; this was our 11th. They prepare a range of foods from many cuisines, and excel at all. At this visit, both the prime rib and paella were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smithville Inn as Perfect as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We go to the Smithville Inn several times a year. We were married there, spend anniversaries there etc. Smithville Inn never ceases to amaze us with there delicious, unique cuisine. Total dining perfection all around! It's truly home to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and FunQualityFirstVIPDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed another wonderful meal at Smithville. It is consistently good. The quiche was exceptional. Service was friendly and attentive but not obtrusive. We even had dessert, which was a special treat for a midday lunch. One of the better dining spots at the Jersey shore.Special Features:
- APRILNJFishHawkDined on 7/3/2014April sings standards on Thursday evenings. Adds another asset to this very nice establishment. We recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere, Mediocre FoodlongwaytogoforthisfoodDined on 6/29/2014The breakfast brunch has a lot to offer as far as the variety of food. However, only a few stand-outs in the taste department. The souci was so bad, my family said Shop Rite souci tastes far better. The hot fruit desserts were very good--the peach & apple cobblers, although the other desserts were ordinary. The mashed potato bar was impressive. The green beans were fabulous as they were not overcooked. The salad offerings were sparse. The meat carving section, mini Belgian waffle station and omelet stations were good--I especially appreciated the fresh strawberries and whipped cream for the waffle.
- Old colonial charmTaylormeDined on 6/28/2014Great place! Best chicken potpie. The food is very good here. Never was disappointed in the 4 years I've been coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!LFalkVIPDined on 6/22/2014Nice brunch just like it used to be! Thanks for keeping everything the way it was in the 70's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!laujendav3Dined on 6/21/2014Went on a Saturday night (we did have reservations) sat right down. Waiter came over shortly after we sat for our drink order and give us the specials. Wait staff very attentive. Loved the piano playing (quite a variety). Food was really good. Felt very relaxed. View of small lake is nice. We've been several times before, usually for lunch. Never walk away unhappy.Special Features:
- Ovedue return.SiFireGuyDined on 6/20/2014Had been several years since I had been to the Inn. Just as I had remembered!Special Features:
- Great service and foodPleasantlySurprisedDined on 6/20/2014It was our first visit to this restaurant. We were pleased by the variety of options on the menu and our food was really good. We also thought the people who worked there were very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the experience as a couple and plan to bring our young teenage boys with us the next time.Special Features:
- Super ServiceTbarrDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and son here for Fathers Day. It was our first time dining at The Smithville Inn and we were very pleased with our experience. The waiter was fantastic, he was very knowledgeable of the menu, he was extremely friendly, fun with my son and really made us feel special. We enjoyed the food, we ordered appetizers and dinner and my husband ordered dessert, everything was very good. The waiter even put a candle in my husbands dessert. We will definitely be recommending this restaurant to friends and family and have every intention of doing dinner or maybe trying the brunch sometime in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent guests2FoodiesDined on 6/15/2014Smithville is our family's favorite place for Sunday brunch. We count on the quality food selection and the superior service. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch417girlVIPDined on 6/15/2014The restaurant was nice and the brunch had quite a bit of food. However we were dissapointed there weren't many healthier options. All of the meat was pork. There weren't any other options like turkey bacon or chicken sausage like a lot of places offer. Even the roast beef was being cut on the same board as the ham. So for someone that doesn't eat pork for religious reasons that meant that the roast beef wasnt acceptable either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Food was great and waiter was wonderful. Table was ready on time.loved itSpecial Features:
- FANTASTIC!!!BeautifulVIPDined on 6/10/2014We sat behind a young couple planning their wedding menu and taste testing asking "Heather" her recommendations. Since having our wedding at Smithville 3 years ago and knowing the expertise that the Coppola Family portrays it's no wonder their staff truly takes love and pride to each and every detail whether it be for a wedding, dinner, holiday function or sitting at the bar. The family and staff truly care about making it a special experience each and every time we are there. And from our personal experience I can honestly say that this is our favorite dining establishment. I can assure anyone planning a wedding or dinner party it truly will be a beautiful experience and something you will remember for a lifetime!!! Thanks again!!!!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch is a must!JPP36Dined on 6/8/2014If you're looking to spend some time walking around Historic Smithville and visiting the shops, there isn't a bad day to do so, however if it's a Sunday, make the Smithville Inn your first stop for the Sunday Brunch. A fixed price for an omelette station, carving station, entrees, bagels, salads, and the friendliest staff to assist you in any way. I experienced for the brunch for the first time this weekend and it was excellent. My only recommendation, make sure to save room for dessert because the Smithville Inn Bread Pudding is not to be missed.Special Features:
- weekendgetawayDined on 6/7/2014Steak was under cooked, I ordered the NY steak, and the pepper was so heavy I had to scrape it off my steak, and even then I couldn't finish because the pepper was so strong it ruined the flavor. The potatoes had a chemical flavor like the smell of children's play doh. The only good thing about out visit to the Smithville In was the coffeeSpecial Features:
- Reliably Good - Lobster a Treat!!QualityFirstVIPDined on 6/6/2014We really like this place, especially when they have their special lobster dinners. The lobsters were decent size and very fresh and nicely steamed. Reception and service are always pleasant and this time was no exception. Suzanne was our server and quite professional. The chicken potpie is one of my favorites and I heartily recommend it. My wife loves the fresh salmon.Special Features:
- Special eventCaptseanileDined on 6/6/2014I toke my wife there for our fiftieth anniversary , food was good service was fine , however when we mentioned that this was something special the best the server could do was give us free coffee. I not saying that they should have provided a cake but a least a free drink or afree dessert would not be asking too much of a fine restaurant . I guess the days of that kind of consideration are gone. I chose that restaurant for it ambience but too my surprise the village was closed on a Friday evening again I assumed too much. Next time I will do more homework.Special Features: