75 Forks Market Road
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0A2Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.smithrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 2049442445x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday- Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Svenne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Inn at the Forks is proud to provide Outside Catering for indoor and outdoor events for 10-1500 people. We specialize in corporate receptions, themed functions and 100% Green
- Private Party Facilities: The Solstice room, which connects to SMITH, can be booked for private restaurant functions. Two walls of large picture windows allow for a view of The Forks grounds and make for a bright and inviting dining experience. Please contact us for group menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Mulder 2049263895x
- Entertainment: Coming soon
- Public Transit: The Forks Market is serviced by Winnipeg Transit’s the Downtown Spirit, route #38. Winnipeg Transit routes #14, 19, 53, 54, 55, 57, 59, & 68 all stop just a five minute walk away.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: All parking at The Forks Market is owned and operated by The Forks. The multi-level parkade and surrounding outdoor parking is free to guests of the area merchants, unless otherwise indicated.
A word from SMITH
A new culinary experience built on craftsmanship and a dedication to the finer points. SMITH celebrates the truth of honest food created from the diversity of the lands and waters of our great country. We focus on local, seasonal, and the products of Canada.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SMITH reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)special occasion (9)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great food, large portions, nice wine list, beautiful décor and fantastic service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Winnipeg FaveJJWaltersDined on 10/4/2014This was my first time I had been to Smith. In fact, I didn't even know it existed (was a previously named restaurant). The renovations were very appealing from the old scene. Good, friendly staff. Helpful. Food was great and really enjoyed the a la carte menu. Very enjoyable and likely my new favourite restaurant in the city. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Will try again once it's settled inJtsmDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant is lovely to look at but all the hard surfaces in there make it very noisy when it is full of patrons. Although the our waiter was very attentive and friendly, the service from the kitchen was slow. Two of our four meals were quite cold and one of the four arrived much later than the others. The idea of shared sides is interesting but it adds up very quickly in price and makes the presentation of the entree plate very dull.Special Features:
- Great SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014What a great redesign of the Current. Food was delicious, service was excellent. Amazing design, and great menu. Would dine again. Restaurant was even able to accommodate a last minute change to our reservation so we could have a group of 10. Didn't affect service or quality of food. Briskett is to die for. So is the Smith Burger. Well the whole menu is really well developed.Special Features:
- Excellent menu brunchCanadaDanDined on 9/28/2014Truly outstanding place for all meals. Chef Alex is working his magic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PotentialSaltnPepperDined on 9/27/2014Arrived to a table already set with poured water. Previous guests had moved & they had not properly reset the table. No drink menus on the table, took a while for our server to come. Bread plates & butter knife but nothing offered. Ordered 4 starters, oysters were delicious, Baked Pork Belly was awful, it was served cold, the fat in the pork belly was white & cold. Stuffed Fired Olives and Beet & Endive Salad were good. Ordered 4 entrees to share - Elk was delicious, as was the Smith Burger but the Catch of the day Arctic Char was over cooked and dry and the Rack of Berkshire Pork was not edible as there was more fat than meat to the pork chop. Water was scarce. 4 sides were good. 2 deserts to share, cold apple pie with sauce. Food #letdownSpecial Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the SMITH reviews archive.