75 Forks Market Road
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0A2Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.smithrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (204) 944-2445
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday- Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Svenne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Inn at the Forks is proud to provide Outside Catering for indoor and outdoor events for 10-1500 people. We specialize in corporate receptions, themed functions and 100% Green
- Private Party Facilities: The Solstice room, which connects to SMITH, can be booked for private restaurant functions. Two walls of large picture windows allow for a view of The Forks grounds and make for a bright and inviting dining experience. Please contact us for group menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Mulder 2049263895x
- Entertainment: Coming soon
- Public Transit: The Forks Market is serviced by Winnipeg Transit’s the Downtown Spirit, route #38. Winnipeg Transit routes #14, 19, 53, 54, 55, 57, 59, & 68 all stop just a five minute walk away.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: All parking at The Forks Market is owned and operated by The Forks. The multi-level parkade and surrounding outdoor parking is free to guests of the area merchants, unless otherwise indicated.
A word from SMITH
A new culinary experience built on craftsmanship and a dedication to the finer points. SMITH celebrates the truth of honest food created from the diversity of the lands and waters of our great country. We focus on local, seasonal, and the products of Canada.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
SMITH - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
SMITH reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (33)special occasion (24)good for groups (24)hot spot (19)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)Show More
- we were very disappointmentKarenDined on 11/23/2014We feel that the Chef should be creating appropriate seasonal sides to go with main dishes. We.were being nickel dimed into.purchasing sides that did not.pair well. Why change.from the Current excellent seasonal menus?
- Great new addition to the restaurant scene!GirlsnightDined on 11/20/2014Beautiful decor, excellent food and exceptional service. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed with the vegetarian options.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I was really looking forward to eating at SMITH but I ordered the expensive butternut squash tart entree and was very disappointed. It was not flavorful and there were very few actual pieces of squash in the dish; the whole pie/tart was butter crust and rice. I would definitely recommend changing this recipe or taking it off the menu and developing some fantastic flavorful vegetable entrees. Otherwise, the ambience and service were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can tell it's newOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014It took them 10 minutes to acknowledge us after being seated. Too long. Tables look like a cafeteria table. Lights too bright. Waitress was very friendly once she came but after meal was done took 20 min to get bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a nice little restaurantfoodie4life89Dined on 11/9/2014I would just like to start off by saying the ambiance and the service were truly excellent. Beautiful restaurant and the server was attentive and very good. Food was pretty good as well. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersYummyinmyTummyDined on 11/7/2014Waiter top notch, classy, professional, knew his menu, and funny to boot. Delicious cocktail menu though the autumn thyme deserves a taller glass for the price. Meals delic. as expected from Alex and portion size perfect for us. Food is real, earthy, comforting, and rich in layers of flavours. Loved all the fresh herbs. Pricing was fair for the high quality and level of service. Decor clean and not "busy" or distracting. We will return to experience more selections. We are intrigued with all the appys and sharing plates offered.Special Features:
- PfefferDined on 11/1/2014First time to Smith and I must say everything was amazing. I read other post that warned of terrible service. We were there this weekend on a Sat. night. The restaurant was completely packed. However the service was beyond exceptional. Our waiter paced our meal beautifully. There were drinks at our table within 5 minutes of seating. Our waiter knew when to come and when to leave us alone. The food was exceptional. We had a party of 6 and we were able to sample a little bit from each plate. All of us started with appetizers, followed by our main course and then dessert. The food was beyond perfect and delicious. Thank you Smith for such great food and service. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nite DinnerHeadiingleyCoupleDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I do a date night once a month and like to try new restaurants. Smith is now on our list as one to come back to. We really liked the ambience and the service was very good! Prior to dinner we sat in the bar area (the variety of seating options is great) and had a drink and appetizers - the pounded cheese plate is fabulous!! Would go back just for that! Also tried the potted country ribs but would not recommend them - did not like the flavour and found them a bit chewy. Our meal in the sunroom was delicious - I had a steak which was cooked perfectly and my wife had the Smith burger which she highly recommends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time @ SMITHEpicuriousDined on 10/25/2014I dined with a friend and we both were pleased with nearly all our choices. Starting with cocktails, we selected the Newly Fashioned and the Smoked Negroni, both were great; for starters we chose a selection of three of the five varieties of fresh oysters that were available accompanied by a glass of Prosecco. For our main course we both chose the rack of lamb (my benchmark for all first time restaurants). The lamb was exquisite, eight lovely chops done to a perfect medium rare. Our sides included the kale with bacon and onion, crispy kale, cauliflower with currants, baked cream corn and mashed potatoes. Chef Alex greeted us as we finished our meal. We ended our evening in the lounge with a cheese board and a tawny port.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!KevinDined on 10/25/2014This is our second visit. Selection and quality of food is excellent. Service was good. One small complaint - the noise level is quite high when the restaurant is full making it hard to have conversation with others. Will be back as there is still plenty of interesting items on the menu that we want to sample. I would recommend Smith!Special Features:
- Loved the food!FoodlvrDined on 10/24/2014We ordered 3 appetizers between the 3 of us, chicken livers, smashed cheese and baby ribs. These were tasty and very generously sized. So much so that we ordered just one entree with two sides to share afterwards! The brisket was fork tender. It was very loud were we were seated (by the windows). We were okay with it, but some diners would not like the noise level. As we were leaving, a band was playing and it looked lively and fun in the bar. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LunchNorborVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our work group of 10 had a late lunch on Friday, Oct. 24, 2014. The restaurant was very busy. Service was good especially considering some of the group arrived late. This newly decorated restaurant is very beautiful and modern. The food & beverage menus have sufficient options-something for everybody. I ordered the lunch special-pork baguette with fries-both had been sittting and were not hot. Others in the group were served the delicious fries hot-the way they should be. Another friend and I were served 6 oz glasses of wine when we had ordered 9 oz. The noise level is extremely high. Even when everybody else in the sunroom had left it was difficult to hear the conversation of our group-the main criticism.Special Features:
- Great family celebration at Smith!cam1965Dined on 10/23/2014Craft mock-tails for my daughter & great wine selection! We loved being able to choose two "proteins" (pickerel and beast of the day) and sample four "sides" on a big butcher block for all of us to share many new tastes. I had hesitated to book at Smith because I wanted to have a special night of appetizers and dessert and I didn't know that this would work in a restaurant with big steaks and side dishes but the sharing aspect of everything made it perfect and allowed us to enjoy many different aspects of the menu. Everything was delicious. The ginger flavour to the pickerel was divine - not overpowering but something very special. Other highlights were the mac & cheese and the kale roasted with bacon. Very attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great food, large portions, nice wine list, beautiful décor and fantastic service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Winnipeg FaveJJWaltersVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was my first time I had been to Smith. In fact, I didn't even know it existed (was a previously named restaurant). The renovations were very appealing from the old scene. Good, friendly staff. Helpful. Food was great and really enjoyed the a la carte menu. Very enjoyable and likely my new favourite restaurant in the city. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Will try again once it's settled inJtsmDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant is lovely to look at but all the hard surfaces in there make it very noisy when it is full of patrons. Although the our waiter was very attentive and friendly, the service from the kitchen was slow. Two of our four meals were quite cold and one of the four arrived much later than the others. The idea of shared sides is interesting but it adds up very quickly in price and makes the presentation of the entree plate very dull.Special Features:
- Great SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014What a great redesign of the Current. Food was delicious, service was excellent. Amazing design, and great menu. Would dine again. Restaurant was even able to accommodate a last minute change to our reservation so we could have a group of 10. Didn't affect service or quality of food. Briskett is to die for. So is the Smith Burger. Well the whole menu is really well developed.Special Features:
- Excellent menu brunchCanadaDanDined on 9/28/2014Truly outstanding place for all meals. Chef Alex is working his magic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PotentialSaltnPepperDined on 9/27/2014Arrived to a table already set with poured water. Previous guests had moved & they had not properly reset the table. No drink menus on the table, took a while for our server to come. Bread plates & butter knife but nothing offered. Ordered 4 starters, oysters were delicious, Baked Pork Belly was awful, it was served cold, the fat in the pork belly was white & cold. Stuffed Fired Olives and Beet & Endive Salad were good. Ordered 4 entrees to share - Elk was delicious, as was the Smith Burger but the Catch of the day Arctic Char was over cooked and dry and the Rack of Berkshire Pork was not edible as there was more fat than meat to the pork chop. Water was scarce. 4 sides were good. 2 deserts to share, cold apple pie with sauce. Food #letdownSpecial Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the SMITH reviews archive.