Smash Kitchen & Bar
804 Town Boulevard Suite
Atlanta, GA 30319Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Smash Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://h2sr.com/smash/
- Phone: 4048414221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11:30am-4:00pm, Sunday brunch: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday -Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Smash Kitchen & Bar
SMASH features classic American chophouse favorites in a casual Americana setting just steps away from H2SR’s popular sister concept, Noche Tequila and Tapas Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Smash Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (27)great for outdoor dining (26)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (24)special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (10)romantic (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Outstanding ExperienceNot2dayDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit to "Smash". As a Brookhaven resident, my wife and I had always noticed the vibrant scene as we ran or drove past the restaurant. It exceeded expectations! The staff was enormously gracious, and the menu offered something for everyone. Best fried chicken i have ever had! Everything from the appetizers, salad to the main course was perfect. A modern, clean, spacious atmosphere as well. A really enjoyable "vibe". We went strictly for dinner, but it would also be a great lunch or cocktail venue as well. We will definitely make many return trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JES72VIPDined on 8/20/2014Second time in Smash - the atmosphere, people, food and service were top notch - highly recommend!Special Features:
- Make sure you call first!BargirlVIPDined on 8/17/2014The one star rating I am giving them is based upon not being able to order brunch. While I had no issues with the food I was able to order and the service was excellent, it clearly states that they serve brunch until 3pm. Nowhere on their website does it say until 245 or if it's not busy we will no longer serve it. My reservation was for 245 and I was surprised when I was told brunch was no longer available and even more surprised when I found out they had stopped serving it at 230. I fully understand doing a last call for food when you are about to close for the evening but to cut off brunch at a time when a guest can go to multiple places and still be served brunch items at that time is asinine.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodnwineVIPDined on 8/9/2014The Food was fantastic. My first visit was amazing. great service and Food was awesome - especially the fried chicken. This time, the food was still great - but service started out good but then did not finish well. Server disappeared after our entrees were delivered and did not offer us dessert at all and three of the 5 were planning on getting dessert. Know that this is rare for this place so I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkStepitupDined on 8/8/2014Hostes Greeting was very Friendly. Waitress was not. very slow. food was ok.
- RBoesVIPDined on 8/7/2014Everything on the menu is very tasty! Smash kitchen and bar far exceed my expectations with their diverse menu and the chef really knows what he is doing. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 8/5/2014The Cobb salad is excellent. Everything on it freshly prepared. Service from all the staff is great. Scott and his team do a really great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Service - FreshRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 8/3/2014We went to brunch today at Smash. The restaurant is very nice décor. We had the Fried Green Tomato appetizer which was very nicely prepared. For lunch we had the Cobb Salad - what a salad. This is a very nice large salad. Every item on it was very fresh to the fresh corn. chicken, bacon, etc. Service from Camille was great. Entire staff very friendly and helpful. Everyone that passed our table refilled drinks and checked to see if we needed anything. Manager Scott and his team do an excellent job with food and service. We look forward to another visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly goodmkvvDined on 7/31/2014Service was fair. Food was excellent. Atmosphere was a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodLisatVIPDined on 7/12/2014It is in a very hip area. Great to people watch. Food is very good. Service is great. Prices are appropriate to the area.Special Features:
- Good for Basic FoodFoodProsVIPDined on 7/12/2014We liked that they offer basic, straightforward food: steak, mashed potatoes, ribs, etc. The mojito was strong. Huge kale salad and good. The fried green tomatoes would NOT be something I'd order again.Special Features:
- Why change good menu staples ??irishdinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014We go to Smash a lot …2-3 times a month & bring new people with us each time. Always pretty good food; ribs, fried chicken, cod & flatbreads Usually very good service However, they have a tendency to remove great staples from the menu. The cod was always a winner …half of our group would usually have the cod based on our recommendation. We turn up last week …it's OFF the menu?!? Why we asked, our waitress said they changed up the menu, but there have been many complaints since it was removed. They also removed the "winning sprouts" side dish a few months ago (big mistake). The excuse was they were not in season ??? Maybe the fried chicken liver starter can be removed instead! Give Smash a whirl. This could be a new favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 50 my foot!NotimpressedDined on 7/10/2014Sooo, every month my friends and I try a new restaurant. I chose Smash from a list of top 50 in the city. The owner must have bribed the the group who put the list together The ambience and location work well, and our server was great. Decor is cliched; most menu items though "creative" seem ill conceived. Fried chicken livers with cinnamon vidalia onions were and odd and unsuccessful pairing in addition to being undercooked - read still red! Pimento cheese on the signature burger is a miss because it simply became and oily mess. The shining stars were the ribs and the banana cake dessert. Both were delectable. Unfortunately, neither could get me to teturn.
- Pleasant eveningMaduboVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were a party of four. The restaurant was fairly quiet (maybe because of the long weekend), and so we could easily hear ourselves speak. The waitress was excellent, and the good was very good.Special Features:
- Good foodLisatVIPDined on 7/5/2014I was talked out of the crab cake for the ribs. Not sure why. I heard the crab cake was good and the ribs were more food than I could eat. They were good, but not what I wanted. I should have stuck to my first thought. The fried green tomatoes were delicious. The shrimp and grits were stellar. The fried chicken was good as well.Special Features:
- Good for foodies and picky kidsfoodiemomDined on 7/5/2014We went for my husband's birthday and were pleasantly surprised that a restaurant with some uniquely flavored dishes also had a kids menu which satisfied our picky eater. The service was very good and we are looking forward to dining their again soon.Special Features:
- Girls night outDiningdivaDined on 6/19/2014This place is in a nice location with great parking. I ordered the turkey burger and while it was good I think it was overpriced. My two friends ordered the skillet fried chicken with Mac n cheese and cole slaw. They loved the sides and thought the chicken was just ok. They allowed a man on the patio to have a dog. This was not ok with me.Special Features:
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 6/18/2014Waitress was great. One thing obvious - the restaurant implements tag team getting food to tables. Problem is on both appetizer and entree - plates are not cleared and patron is left juggling used plates and trying to make room for the food standing before you! This really needs to be addressed. Filet ordered med rare came out medium well. Kinda far off so that left one patron sitting and waiting. Med rare is warm red center - this steak had almost NO pink in it! That's a concern since our waitress extolled the chef on steaks. Still we will come back and back - love the place; maybe not order steak so even tho $34 is pricey for Smash menu really not so bad - unless it isn't cooked properly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placemkvvDined on 6/14/2014Food,service and ambience great. Help friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaf1960Dined on 6/14/2014friends and I went to Smash for lunch on Sat. It was not crowded and we got a good table: server was good and efficient; I got the special of the day which was fish and chips: I was brought one small piece of deep fried fish and a very large order of fries and a small cup of warm cole slaw; My other friend got the grilled fish sandwich, fries and cole slaw: She said her fish was not good . The other two people both got the prime rib sandwich which they said was very good.So if you go there do not get fish!!!Special Features:
- Great food, huge portion sizeschicagofanDined on 6/11/2014We visited for my daughter's birthday. I ordered the Cobb Salad. To be honest, I really hesitated ordering it, as it was $16 and I thought that was a bit pricey. Little did I know that it was enough salad for my entire family. I swear it had two breasts of chicken in addition to the egg, blue cheese, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, etc. It was wonderful, and even quite beautiful as well. The burgers come with a ton of fries, so that made my family happy. My son loved the mac and cheese and the pork chop too. This place is far from my home, but near to my kids and my parents, we will be back, hopefully soon.Special Features:
- Great for relaxing SundayNewATLFoodieDined on 6/8/2014Smash Kitchen and Bar definitely exceeded my expectations. They have a cool bar area where you can sit outside and I didn't expect outdoor seating but there it was! I wasn't in the mood for anything big but the beet salad I had was really good. I also had the mac and cheese but wasn't impressed. It was interesting because it was a little spicy but really not a good cheese flavor. I have to admit that I am somewhat of a cheese snob though since I lived in Wisconsin for a couple of years. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodDealmakerVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is the 3rd visit to Smash and the food has always been very good. Great staff!Special Features:
- cathyp1VIPDined on 6/2/2014always wonderful experience. this time, for a friend's 50th birthday.Special Features:
- COMICAL COBB SALADGrockerVIPDined on 5/31/2014If I were a horse your BIG COBB SALAD would be a treat. And due to the gargantuian sized serving bowl I wouldn't have to worry about side spills. However I am not a horse. I prefer not to eat out of an oats pail, but on human-sized dinnerware. Who can eat comfortably and in a dignified way when the salad bowl comes up to your chin? What were you thinking when you designed this dish? HUMANITARIAN RELIEF - that you could feed the world in one sitting? (the furthest thing from the mind of anyone comming to eat in this part of town) VALUE - the more in the bowl the better the buy? (ditto). Good customers will always take quality, served well and promptly over quantity. Otherwise: the Mac & Cheese was palatable. Next visit: we'll tackle meats.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDealmakerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Smash is an enjoyable Brookhaven restaurant with very good food. The fried chicken, mac & cheese and kale salad are winners. Nice to see Jeff the manager so visible.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantMelATLVIPDined on 5/21/2014The bar always fills up before the restaurant but the food is good too! I have had several fun girls night out there and the service and food have been great every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDHL1Dined on 5/19/2014First up, the service was GREAT! The food however left a lot to be desired . Suggestion: if you're going to serve Seared Rare Tuna, buy the best quality product! The cut we had was sinewy and tougher to chew that this dish should be. All the rest of the food seemed overcooked as though it had been reheated as apposed to cooked fresh to order and yet when it came out was on cold plates and the bacon for example was cold .. The impression we got was the front of the house was enthusiastic but the kitchen really did not share the enthusiasm. By the way it was a slow night so the kitchen was under no pressure.Special Features:
- food less than averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Service was good although staff not familiar with food ingredients for those with allergies. Food is overpriced for the quality/tasteSpecial Features:
- Brookhaven FanDaleDined on 5/16/2014This was our 4th visit and brought friends. Ron was a fabulous waiter and with just a small mention that the pork chop might be a bit on the salty side, Ron offered to correct, then had the manager out who comp'd our desserts to make up for it. A class act and we look forward to going back. Food is terrific! The fried green tomatoes and deviled eggs delicious. Rockin' hamburger! Fun bartenders. Definitely a place we'll enjoy going back again and again.Special Features:
- Mother's Day TreatdvineoneDined on 5/11/2014We had an awesome time on Mother's Day at Smash Kitchen & Bar. The setting was great. Server needs a bit more training. The server gave us menu suggestions based on what the "restaurant/manager suggests" and "what he suggests". He assumed because we are black, we would not like the Mac & Cheese. He said the Mac & Cheese is "okay, but its not cheesy, like how we make it." Several of us ordered the Mac & Cheese anyway and it was quite tasty. It was not very cheesy as it was more cream based, but it had great flavor. Also, my husband is vegetarian. There were several options for him, which we liked. However he selected 3 veggie sides. I suggest that the sides be plated on one plate to look more appetizing instead of 3 individual bowls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfying brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Four for noon brunch waited just a few minutes for our reserved table. Very good service overall. We started with deviled eggs (three egg halves, but served with abundant "sides" including pimento cheese (but too few crackers)). Excellent tasting bacon accompanied most dishes (including the deviled eggs!). Ordered sweet (a french toast interpretation) to very savory (a steak and eggs "benedict" dish), all enjoyed and plates cleaned. "Usual" breakfast dishes (eggs, bacon, and grits, huevos rancheros with hash browns) were quite tasty. The breakfast dishes were not accompanied by bread so ordered biscuits which were more cake-texture than dense scone-texture, so not a satisfying "southern" biscuit. We will return.Special Features:
- enjoyable dinnermikeVIPDined on 5/10/2014excellent food,attentive service;young energetic crowdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good choice for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/6/2014Have been here several times after work for cocktails and dinner. Food and service were great. Took some clients for lunch and it was disappointing. They seemed to be understaffed as there were not May people there and the service was slow. Music in bar was too loud for conversation, and foods was not cooked to proper doneness (steak & burger.) table had been wiped with a sour cloth so we had a funky smell going on too. I was not impressed and the lunch experience was not good for my out of town clients.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside dining in the neighborhoodGlutenFreeGal13VIPDined on 5/3/2014This is a good choice if you're looking to sit outside and enjoy a meal and glass of wine on a beautiful day. We'll go back and try some different items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinnerbradygtDined on 5/1/2014We brought a group of five here for my birthday. The food was very good. I got the prime rib, which was fine, but probably the worst order from the table. The smoked pork chop with mac and cheese was great and came out separate, not on top like some other reviewer complained about. The pretzel bread and deviled egg/pimento cheese/bacon apps we got were awesome. One of my vegetarian friends was there and happy. The cocktail list was interesting but a little fruity so we mostly stuck with regular drinks. I want to go back soon to try the brunch.
- The following 118 reviews are from the Smash Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- Smash was a smash!HollyzgaDined on 4/29/2014We loved it. My Mom and I got the Club Salads, which could serve 3 people. Great ingredients but absolutely the largest bowl I have ever seen. My boyfriend got the Pimento Cheese bacon burger and raved about it! Very cute decor. And of course perfect location. thanks Smash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doing the right thingDornDined on 4/26/2014Food was ok - nothing to write home about. Service was average at best. Nice ambiance. My party was four (4) late 40's and early 50's - each of us was carded when ordering an adult beverage. State authority problem? Not enough wait staff. Our wait person was clearly overwhelmed - too many tables. She lacked warmth, passion for anything and had no menu recommendations. Worse yet - we split the check and when I got home (me problem) I noticed the recommended tip % was for the full amount and not for my 50%. I tipped @ 20% so I "over-tipped" for an under-whelming night of food/service. The waitress had to know what I had done as a result of what was printed on check. Doing the right thing is always the best thing to do! #notgoingback
- not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/25/2014We have eaten here several times and it was always good. This time, not as good. They changed their fried chicken recipe and my husband was disappointed. Also, the french fries arrived cold and soggy, but they quickly brought a new hot and crispy order.
- MediocretriedandtrueDined on 4/23/2014The food was just mediocre. The ribs were devoid of flavor except for the sauce which was too sweet for my tastes. The Cod was very, very salty; if there were other more subtle flavors, the salt drowned them out. And the music was too loud to have a conversation without yelling across the table. I'd go back for drinks with a rowdy crowd, but not dinner.Special Features: