Small Bar, Division
2049 W. Division
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Small Bar, Division
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesmallbar.com/
- Phone: 7737722727
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Justin White
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: SmallBar Division was voted the #1 US Soccer bar in the nation in 2010. We offer the best domestic and international soccer to be found with a focus on US National Team, Chicago Fire and EPL favorites. Watch with us!
A word from Small Bar, Division
A timeless bar with one of Chicago's largest selections of craft beer, a solid list of handmade cocktails featuring small batch and local spirits and simple, handmade food. Chef Justin White will be rolling out a new gastropub menu July 1. Certified Beer Server Chad Lynd oversees our beer program and mixologist Graham Courter curates our cocktail menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Small Bar, Division reviews from OpenTable diners
- excellant food kitchen a littledukeoffoamDined on 7/29/2013excellant food kitchen a little slow noise level loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Acre Beer Pairing BrunchMcfarknDined on 5/26/2013Fabulous. Selection was excellent. All farm fresh and exquisitely prepared. And some very special beers. Great event. I really admire this hidden treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A spot for the younger setBaldeglDined on 5/4/2013A spot for the younger set to see and be seen on a strip where that is ok.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!PRudnickVIPDined on 4/5/2013Excellent food for a bar. It really doesn't feel like bar food, it's fresh ingredients and prepared in a unique way. The vegetable tart is phenomenal! The only downside is it's very loud, but it is a bar too, so I guess you just have to be prepared for it.Special Features:
- Fantastic. Great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Fantastic. Great service, great food. Wish I lived closer, I would go back often.Special Features:
- Small TimeTimeZoneTravelerVIPDined on 1/25/2013Other than every menu item having an "aioli" sauce on it, the food was great. We ordered the special and a popular appetizer, which both were sold out. That was disappointing. The draft beer selection was excellent; however, extremely over-priced. I would recommend the Scotch egg as it was fantastic. Everything else was just enjoyable, but not special.Special Features:
- The food was quite good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/19/2013The food was quite good and their beer list is incredible. Parking is impossible in this neighborhood, so be prepared to either valet or take a cab/public transportation. The service was pretty slow considering the place was full, but not packed, but since it was date night, I really didn't mind.
- The place was great!!! ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012The place was great!!! It is located on a side street so at first we thought our GPS was giving us bad directions... Once inside the place was unique and filled with a friendly, energetic crowd. The service was outstanding!! The choice of beers were excellent!! The food was mouth watering good!! I would highly recommend going off the beaten path for this one!Special Features:
- Excellent craft beer optionsKateVIPDined on 12/1/2012Excellent craft beer options and great menu. the food was delicious and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. We will definately dine at SmallBar again.Special Features:
- very nice craft beer list!needbigpantsVIPDined on 11/18/2012very nice craft beer list! I came looking for that, my only disappointment was that the most rare beers listed were gone. Service was a little overwhelmed by the Sunday night crowd.Special Features:
- Great beers and burgers!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012Good service and a fantastic beer selection. Staff was knowledgable and helpful. A relaxing and enjoyable dinner. Bacon jam to die for!Special Features:
- The beer selection is greatAshTVIPDined on 5/18/2012The beer selection is great but it was so loud inside the overall experience was terrible. Also note, they don't take reservations for outside so even though there was a table available on the patio we told we had to take the inside table since we reserved it - although there was no mention of this when we booked. Food is decent but service was super slow.
- What a surprise!PRudnickVIPDined on 4/20/2012Don't walk past Small Bar, walk in. This restaurant features an extensive beer selection and yes, even some wine...all of which are outstanding. Make sure you grab some food...the scotch egg, fried cheese curds and mushroom on brioche are stellar. No dessert however I found finishing my night with a glass of cava was all the dessert I needed.Special Features:
- Won't be coming back, sadly.PublicanFanDined on 4/20/2012Great beer list. The food, however, is a little too rich. We won't be going back. It seems like a great place to watch a soccer game though.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2012Saw that it was rated for serving the #1 cheeseburger in Chicago on some web site. Not even close. Waste of time driving in from the burbs.
- Great casual date spot. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Great casual date spot. The food was great and the cocktails were unique and quite good. It was crowded and noisy, but the energy was good. The staff was friendly and the service was prompt.Special Features:
- We were there pretty earlyergaVIPDined on 3/26/2012We were there pretty early on a weeknight so it's hard to say how energetic the place becomes as the night progresses. The food was great and the waiter even better. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Came for the Surly, shall return!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2011Great beers, unique seasonal cocktails, and better-than-average bar food based on the parsley Parmesan fries alone...what's not to like! Can't wait to return...Special Features:
- Small Bar has the best hamburger.TasteloverDined on 11/4/2011Small Bar has the best hamburger. It might even be the best hamburger I've ever had! The ambiance was very good. A great place to chill and enjoy all the beers they have and the great food! Service was OK but the bar makes up for it!Special Features: