2501 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.slowclub.com/
- Phone: (415) 241-9390
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Happy Hour with Limited Menu: Monday - Friday 2:30 - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Bar Opens at 5pm on Saturdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Paul
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Slow Club is available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Rooney 4152419390x
- Cross Street: Hampshire
- Public Transit: 22 Fillmore stops at 16th and Bryant. 27 Bryant stops at Mariposa and Bryant. 9 San Bruno and 33 Stanyan stops at Portero and Mariposa.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is easy in the evenings and on weekends and more difficult during weekday lunches.
A word from Slow Club
We are a casual neighborhood restaurant with a changing menu featuring the best and freshest ingredients from local farms and ranches. Our bar offers innovative cocktails, tasty wines and beers. Join us for dinner, lunch or brunch...or just stop by the bar for a drink and a snack.Continued
Our menu changes daily. Please visit our website for the most current version.
Our menu changes daily. Please visit our website for the most current version.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Slow Club reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (61)great for brunch (42)great for lunch (23)good for groups (19)special occasion (17)romantic (16)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Brunch HotSpotMTV4foodVIPDined on 11/23/2014This place is a quiet neighborhood gem. While the exterior doesn't have flair and bright colors, what sits inside is a great spot of easy design. Our server was bubbly and friendly. She was attentive but didn't mother hen the table. Food presentation was great and taste was outstanding. This isn't the normal eggs benedict kind of place. Unique foods delivered what was promised. I'm now a fan of sweet risotto and the frittata was fluffy and flavorful. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014Pricey for the food types served. At age 70, I felt like I raised the average age by 20 years! It was fun. How do all these young folks afford $25 for a lunch burger and a fancy soft drink (after adding T & T)?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameVIPDined on 11/18/2014Had a very nice lunch with friends. Nice wine, great burgers, a nice caeser salad and flatbread. Look forward to future meals there. Parking is a major issue with 1 hour limits and street cleaning restrictions in every direction for blocks. Avoid driving if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service at brunch....again.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014Although the restaurant opens at 10am, the staff made at least 10 patrons wait outside until 10:07 am. Even after sitting, no one came to take our order for another 15 minutes! This is the third time we have had poor service at brunch (with the same server). This is very disappointing, since my husband loves the french toast. We won't be coming back for brunch. The city has too many great places with excellent service to waste our time and money here.
- Ok food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014I went here with a bunch of colleagues. They were very accommodating for the reservation, but service in general was a bit slow. I enjoyed my steak, but heard that the pasta and the burger were just ok.
- Amazing food, service and cocktailsBayviewfunoneDined on 11/6/2014The Slow Club is a spot-on dining experience. The food is sumptuous. Each bite is a taste-treat sensation that demands to be savored slowly. Yet, there is an inherent desire to take the next bite of anything on the plate because everything is equally delicious. The cocktails are crazy good! They are the real deal, almost pure liquor, as an alcoholic beverage should be, yet with just enough complementary flavors to make for a delightful, complex and serious imbibment. No wonder there is a buzz in the air. The restaurant has an exciting, fun and carefree ambience. It is clear everyone is there for a relaxing, pleasing and enlivening night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I hopedMrassmuDined on 10/25/2014The sausage and the broth of the mussels was amazing but only half of the mussels were open....the ones that were open were the smallest of ever been served. My burger was over cooked and the bun was soaked through. My wife was served med-rare meat and when she pointed out she had ordered med-well the server admitted her plate had been served to a different table and hers had been intended for that other table. Pretty good cheesecake for dessert
- Friendly and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014We love Slow Club, especially for brunch. I wish they always had the eggs Benedict (because those are delicious), but I also enjoy the turkey sandwich, burger, Mexican egg dishes, Turkey Sausage Hash, and many other dishes. Ingredients are high quality and food is well-prepared, fresh, and comes to your table fast. I always bring my 2 small children and they love the food here. The coffee is also quite good (and necessary) and service is friendly and competent. Thanks for always making us feel like regulars, Slow Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great...jasontheslackerVIPDined on 10/24/2014I love this restaurant. I have for a very long time. I keep telling people they have one of the best burgers in SF. I am sorry to say that it just isn't as great as it used to be. It has gotten a little smaller and the bun has become a disappointment from the old brioche they used to have. It isn't cheap either but still a good value. Still, the fries are amazing, the meat is top notch. And the rest of the menu is still very good as well. More of a dinner place unless they can get that burger back to snuff.Special Features:
- Organic veggies!smalltowntxfoodieDined on 10/21/2014Enjoyed eating here very much. The menu is a little on the small side, understandable as it changes daily. The dishes we chose were terrific. I thought the appetizers could have been a little bit more exciting, but no complaints on the taste or quality of the cheese plate and salad we had. I suppose I wish there had been a little bit more to choose from. The chef is very talented and creative. Loved the sun chokes with the beef sirloin. Nice bar with excellent cocktails also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomejennifer2345VIPDined on 10/19/2014Delicious food, great energy, friendly waitstaff. I can't wait to go back and try the the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood placeLove2dineVIPDined on 10/17/2014Relaxed atmosphere, wonderful cocktails, delicious food and very helpful and attentive staff. Free parking right outside. Will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Fine cuisine for the palate...Fotosynthesis3Dined on 10/16/2014Consistently great. Love the drinks. Great service. Simply delicious cuisine. Just the right portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningjamienicoledeanVIPDined on 10/15/2014We first had drinks at the bar and Jeffrey was an excellent and friendly and fun bartender. We later sat down for dinner and enjoyed a delicious meal. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Really great experience as always. Excellent bartender who made us a cocktail then came back with another he switched off as he thought the second would be better. That's excellent service! Great food as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 9/16/2014It's a great restaurant! I love that the change the menu daily and always have option for veggie and meat lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after the gameTJ55Dined on 9/13/2014Hit the Giants game, then late meal at Slow Club. Really outstanding food and cocktails. Service was a little slow, but it was a Saturday night, and they took us before our reservation. which was a huge help. Overall, terrific.Special Features:
- Like not LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014This place is great when you don't have time to wait for a table or forethought to have made a reservation in advance. The food is always adequate to good,but in my opinion never excellent. Some great drinks on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014I hadn't been to Slow Club in about a decade. I don't know why. I think I remember it being very dark and loud. We went on a Sat night and had a lovely meal, friendly service, great cocktails. It wasn't too loud and the not too dark, either. Very nice experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great SpotHungryinSacDined on 9/5/2014We have eaten here several times. Consistently very good and a good atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Good Times!HappyHappyHappyDined on 9/2/2014Slow Club, they sure know how to entertain. Wonderful space (wonderful photos), servers and chefs. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to thank the folks behind the stove for the magic they put together for us to savor. The food is prepared with love and kindness, to nourish both body and soul. Thank you Slow Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceopentableVIPdinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Called to change reservation time, they confirmed it, and then completely lost the reservation change. Showed up and they had no tables. Hostess said that given that the booking was through OpenTable that it would not show up as a no show. But I got the no show email. Unprofessional, twice.
- food was fabulous!EllenVIPDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our meal tremendously. I had their salmon which was fantastic. We shared the warm olives. The three of us really enjoyed everything except the noise level. Our server was great. Our dessert was melt in your mouth scrumptious. Heirloom tomato salad was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Our dinner here was tasty and reasonably priced. The cocktails were exceptionally delicious. Mussels and pappardelle were my favorites of the night. Most outstanding part of the evening was the service and attention to our water glasses. I was late for my reservation and called them to let them know. They were happy to accommodate. Because I was late for dinner, I was also late for my post-dinner show so the waitress was happy to send over drinks and appetizers fast. Then she fired our entrees right away. Gave us our check and boxed our leftovers in record time and we made it to the show on time! I recommend giving Slow Club a try when in the neighborhood!!Special Features:
- Great Food, Industrial DecorMangiaBeneDined on 8/14/2014I have eaten here many times over the years and I always leave happy. The atmosphere is alive, energetic. The food is creative and tasty. The service is attentive (last week we arrived twenty minutes after our reserved time, and while they warned us our table was booked again an hour later, they let us linger over our food until we were finished - an hour and a half later). We had great cocktails, a fresh, delicious, seasonal salad, an appetizing Farm table entree (straight from the farmers market) perfectly cooked pork, and pot au creme - Mmmmm. So much food, topped by a perfectly reasonable bill. I will keep coming!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodSashaPronko12Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, good place to go with your friends or family.Special Features:
- The food is deliciousmslovecatsDined on 7/28/2014Came here for dinner on a weeknight. Cocktails are worth trying; several of us got the Malabar which was delicious (love the cardamom). We enjoyed the carrot corn soup (yum, very delicious), the seasonal farm plate (meh), and the burger (awesome). It gets pretty cold in the restaurant since they open the big garage doors for those SF summer nights so bring a jacket. I would come here again if it were convenient, but not necessarily specifically seek this place out.Special Features:
- The following 598 reviews are from the Slow Club reviews archive.
- Great Brunch SpotCACuzcatlanDined on 7/20/2014Great brunch place. We had a reservation for 7 about a week out. We got their at 10 and were the only ones there, but the place was packed when we left a little after 11. The only complaint I have is that the french toast was drowning in syrup. It was too much and made it too sweet. Everything else was on point.Special Features:
- Great food & vibeCassDined on 7/19/2014Visiting from out of town and looking for a place to celebrate my daughters 22nd birthday that would be hip enough for her and her friends but not too big or loud. Also wanted local cuisine & veggie options. Slow Club met all my expectations. Food was great as was the service & atmosphere--great vibe! Fun bar with unique selection of cocktails-daughter said Desert Rose was best she ever had. Good value for fresh & tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, quality gemBennieBDined on 7/14/2014A strong gastronomic experience meets unpretentious ambience in a quintessential San Francisco locale. American, eclectic quality at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch spot!SlowClubDined on 6/28/2014Definitely a favorite brunch spot. If you have a sweet tooth for brunch then have the Bourbon french toast. Cocktails are tasty too. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOllyWDined on 6/23/2014I have eaten at here a number of times for Saturday brunch, however, I had never dined in the evening. I had a friend visiting from out of country and wanted to take her to a fine, local restaurant. Slow Club was attractive because of its menu and the fact it draws neighborhood folks. My friend was very impressed. The minute we walked in the door she loved the ambiance. The food was delicious and the portions were large - actually too large. We could not eat the entire meal and hated the fact we had to waste it. I would prefer smaller dishes. The noise level was loud. We shouted for much of the dinner. I suppose it's due to its layout - low ceilings, small space. Lastly, the service was slow and it was hard to get our server's attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousdavideDined on 6/21/2014Cool atmosphere, great service, and our dishes were excellent--roast vegetable plate, flatbread with garlic and cheese. We enjoyed a starter of warm olives and bread. Our server was great--perfect balance of attentive and unintrusive. Dessert (chocolate pot de creme) was the only disappointment--a bit ordinary. FYI, Slow Club is only two blocks from Z Company, where Joe Goode dance and Word for Word theater company are housed. Also highly recommended!Special Features:
- Seasonal menu and serviceBetBetDined on 6/15/2014I appreciated the seasonal menu and fab service. Too bad the turkey hash was a poor choice for me since it was a bit greasy. High chair for my baby was great but restroom needs a changing table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie3Dined on 6/13/2014We have wanted to check out the slow club for some time. Having out of town visitors served as our opportunity to do so. Both the quality and preparation of the food and the service exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theater quick dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We had tickets for a Theatre of Yugen show, and this is the closest restaurant to the Project Artaud complex. Was a bit concerned about finishing dinner in time to get to the show, but we were seated right away, service was prompt, and the food came out without delay. Great burger & fries for a great price, and the cocktails were good, too, although the Magnolia kolsch seemed a bit flat (tasted fine, though). I've eaten at Slow Club before when I had more time, and the food has always been top notch. My only complaint with Slow Club: it's TOO LOUD in there. Thank you to Slow Club for their generous donation of food to the Theater of Yugen "This Lingering Life" opening night - all loved the tasty and colorful crostini/bruschetta.Special Features:
- fun place. somewhat inconsistent.AlexDined on 6/5/2014I have been there twice now. Both times someone has ordered a fantastic dish and others have been disappointed. Still reccomend it. Fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely worth a repeatkb32Dined on 6/2/2014My husband and I went for dine about town. the carrot Ginger soup, pork loin and pot de creme were all fantastic. The service was good and the prices, even without DAT are reasonable for what you get. I found the portion sizes to be on the large side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014My husband and I come to Slow Club about twice a month for brunch and the service is always unbeatable and the food is always delicious. And I love that we can make a reservation and never have to wait. Thanks Slow Club!Special Features:
- Great food, poor bartender serviceOpenTableJunkieVIPDined on 5/24/2014We went for brunch, I had the frittata which was delicious. The only lowlight was the service from the bartender. He was so busy socializing with friends he forgot he was working! I've never been in a restaurant where drinks arrive AFTER the entree. I blame my server as well since she should have been paying attention to the service.Special Features: