2501 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.slowclub.com/
- Phone: 415-241-9390x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Happy Hour with Limited Menu: Monday - Friday 2:30 - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Bar Opens at 5pm on Saturdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Paul
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Slow Club is available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Rooney 4152419390x
- Cross Street: Hampshire
- Public Transit: 22 Fillmore stops at 16th and Bryant. 27 Bryant stops at Mariposa and Bryant. 9 San Bruno and 33 Stanyan stops at Portero and Mariposa.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is easy in the evenings and on weekends and more difficult during weekday lunches.
A word from Slow Club
We are a casual neighborhood restaurant with a changing menu featuring the best and freshest ingredients from local farms and ranches. Our bar offers innovative cocktails, tasty wines and beers. Join us for dinner, lunch or brunch...or just stop by the bar for a drink and a snack.Continued
Our menu changes daily. Please visit our website for the most current version.
Our menu changes daily. Please visit our website for the most current version.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Slow Club reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (55)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (18)hot spot (17)special occasion (16)good for groups (15)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Just awesomejennifer2345VIPDined on 10/19/2014Delicious food, great energy, friendly waitstaff. I can't wait to go back and try the the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Relaxed atmosphere, wonderful cocktails, delicious food and very helpful and attentive staff. Free parking right outside. Will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Fine cuisine for the palate...Fotosynthesis3Dined on 10/16/2014Consistently great. Love the drinks. Great service. Simply delicious cuisine. Just the right portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningjamienicoledeanVIPDined on 10/15/2014We first had drinks at the bar and Jeffrey was an excellent and friendly and fun bartender. We later sat down for dinner and enjoyed a delicious meal. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Really great experience as always. Excellent bartender who made us a cocktail then came back with another he switched off as he thought the second would be better. That's excellent service! Great food as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 9/16/2014It's a great restaurant! I love that the change the menu daily and always have option for veggie and meat lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after the gameTJ55Dined on 9/13/2014Hit the Giants game, then late meal at Slow Club. Really outstanding food and cocktails. Service was a little slow, but it was a Saturday night, and they took us before our reservation. which was a huge help. Overall, terrific.Special Features:
- Like not LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014This place is great when you don't have time to wait for a table or forethought to have made a reservation in advance. The food is always adequate to good,but in my opinion never excellent. Some great drinks on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014I hadn't been to Slow Club in about a decade. I don't know why. I think I remember it being very dark and loud. We went on a Sat night and had a lovely meal, friendly service, great cocktails. It wasn't too loud and the not too dark, either. Very nice experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great SpotHungryinSacDined on 9/5/2014We have eaten here several times. Consistently very good and a good atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Good Times!HappyHappyHappyDined on 9/2/2014Slow Club, they sure know how to entertain. Wonderful space (wonderful photos), servers and chefs. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to thank the folks behind the stove for the magic they put together for us to savor. The food is prepared with love and kindness, to nourish both body and soul. Thank you Slow Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceopentableVIPdinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Called to change reservation time, they confirmed it, and then completely lost the reservation change. Showed up and they had no tables. Hostess said that given that the booking was through OpenTable that it would not show up as a no show. But I got the no show email. Unprofessional, twice.
- food was fabulous!EllenVIPDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our meal tremendously. I had their salmon which was fantastic. We shared the warm olives. The three of us really enjoyed everything except the noise level. Our server was great. Our dessert was melt in your mouth scrumptious. Heirloom tomato salad was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Our dinner here was tasty and reasonably priced. The cocktails were exceptionally delicious. Mussels and pappardelle were my favorites of the night. Most outstanding part of the evening was the service and attention to our water glasses. I was late for my reservation and called them to let them know. They were happy to accommodate. Because I was late for dinner, I was also late for my post-dinner show so the waitress was happy to send over drinks and appetizers fast. Then she fired our entrees right away. Gave us our check and boxed our leftovers in record time and we made it to the show on time! I recommend giving Slow Club a try when in the neighborhood!!Special Features:
- Great Food, Industrial DecorMangiaBeneDined on 8/14/2014I have eaten here many times over the years and I always leave happy. The atmosphere is alive, energetic. The food is creative and tasty. The service is attentive (last week we arrived twenty minutes after our reserved time, and while they warned us our table was booked again an hour later, they let us linger over our food until we were finished - an hour and a half later). We had great cocktails, a fresh, delicious, seasonal salad, an appetizing Farm table entree (straight from the farmers market) perfectly cooked pork, and pot au creme - Mmmmm. So much food, topped by a perfectly reasonable bill. I will keep coming!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodSashaPronko12Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, good place to go with your friends or family.Special Features:
- The food is deliciousmslovecatsDined on 7/28/2014Came here for dinner on a weeknight. Cocktails are worth trying; several of us got the Malabar which was delicious (love the cardamom). We enjoyed the carrot corn soup (yum, very delicious), the seasonal farm plate (meh), and the burger (awesome). It gets pretty cold in the restaurant since they open the big garage doors for those SF summer nights so bring a jacket. I would come here again if it were convenient, but not necessarily specifically seek this place out.Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotCACuzcatlanDined on 7/20/2014Great brunch place. We had a reservation for 7 about a week out. We got their at 10 and were the only ones there, but the place was packed when we left a little after 11. The only complaint I have is that the french toast was drowning in syrup. It was too much and made it too sweet. Everything else was on point.Special Features:
- Great food & vibeCassDined on 7/19/2014Visiting from out of town and looking for a place to celebrate my daughters 22nd birthday that would be hip enough for her and her friends but not too big or loud. Also wanted local cuisine & veggie options. Slow Club met all my expectations. Food was great as was the service & atmosphere--great vibe! Fun bar with unique selection of cocktails-daughter said Desert Rose was best she ever had. Good value for fresh & tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, quality gemBennieBDined on 7/14/2014A strong gastronomic experience meets unpretentious ambience in a quintessential San Francisco locale. American, eclectic quality at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch spot!SlowClubDined on 6/28/2014Definitely a favorite brunch spot. If you have a sweet tooth for brunch then have the Bourbon french toast. Cocktails are tasty too. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOllyWDined on 6/23/2014I have eaten at here a number of times for Saturday brunch, however, I had never dined in the evening. I had a friend visiting from out of country and wanted to take her to a fine, local restaurant. Slow Club was attractive because of its menu and the fact it draws neighborhood folks. My friend was very impressed. The minute we walked in the door she loved the ambiance. The food was delicious and the portions were large - actually too large. We could not eat the entire meal and hated the fact we had to waste it. I would prefer smaller dishes. The noise level was loud. We shouted for much of the dinner. I suppose it's due to its layout - low ceilings, small space. Lastly, the service was slow and it was hard to get our server's attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 593 reviews are from the Slow Club reviews archive.
- DeliciousdavideDined on 6/21/2014Cool atmosphere, great service, and our dishes were excellent--roast vegetable plate, flatbread with garlic and cheese. We enjoyed a starter of warm olives and bread. Our server was great--perfect balance of attentive and unintrusive. Dessert (chocolate pot de creme) was the only disappointment--a bit ordinary. FYI, Slow Club is only two blocks from Z Company, where Joe Goode dance and Word for Word theater company are housed. Also highly recommended!Special Features:
- Seasonal menu and serviceBetBetDined on 6/15/2014I appreciated the seasonal menu and fab service. Too bad the turkey hash was a poor choice for me since it was a bit greasy. High chair for my baby was great but restroom needs a changing table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie3Dined on 6/13/2014We have wanted to check out the slow club for some time. Having out of town visitors served as our opportunity to do so. Both the quality and preparation of the food and the service exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theater quick dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We had tickets for a Theatre of Yugen show, and this is the closest restaurant to the Project Artaud complex. Was a bit concerned about finishing dinner in time to get to the show, but we were seated right away, service was prompt, and the food came out without delay. Great burger & fries for a great price, and the cocktails were good, too, although the Magnolia kolsch seemed a bit flat (tasted fine, though). I've eaten at Slow Club before when I had more time, and the food has always been top notch. My only complaint with Slow Club: it's TOO LOUD in there. Thank you to Slow Club for their generous donation of food to the Theater of Yugen "This Lingering Life" opening night - all loved the tasty and colorful crostini/bruschetta.Special Features:
- fun place. somewhat inconsistent.AlexDined on 6/5/2014I have been there twice now. Both times someone has ordered a fantastic dish and others have been disappointed. Still reccomend it. Fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely worth a repeatkb32Dined on 6/2/2014My husband and I went for dine about town. the carrot Ginger soup, pork loin and pot de creme were all fantastic. The service was good and the prices, even without DAT are reasonable for what you get. I found the portion sizes to be on the large side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014My husband and I come to Slow Club about twice a month for brunch and the service is always unbeatable and the food is always delicious. And I love that we can make a reservation and never have to wait. Thanks Slow Club!Special Features:
- Great food, poor bartender serviceOpenTableJunkieVIPDined on 5/24/2014We went for brunch, I had the frittata which was delicious. The only lowlight was the service from the bartender. He was so busy socializing with friends he forgot he was working! I've never been in a restaurant where drinks arrive AFTER the entree. I blame my server as well since she should have been paying attention to the service.Special Features:
- Worst service we can rememberteofeatherladyDined on 5/20/2014Waited 20 min. after ordering cocktails and a 1 hour and 15 minute wait for our meal. That is totally unacceptable in SF. All 4 of us ordered burgers. Yes burgers!
- DisappointingMDValDined on 5/19/2014On a previous visit to the Slow Club, my wife and I had found the food to be tasty, the portions ample, and the service attentive. Unfortunately, on a recent visit for dinner, the opposite was true. It took us 90 minutes to get a couple of drinks, two salads, a bowl of soup, and a roasted butternut squash. And the squash was a colossal rip-off. It was only half a small squash stuffed with some spinach and quinoa and finished with what tasted like Soy-Vay. At $18 a plate, never again. The salads were disappointing, as well. The Caesar was soaked and bland. Our Arugula salad was missing the roasted pecans that were supposed to come with it. When we flagged that for the server, they showed up with a thunk as we were close to finishing.
- Bring your ear plugsravenDined on 5/16/2014Great food, great service, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a conversation. Go to this restaurant if you have nothing to say to your companion!Special Features:
- Slow Club RocksjeffreymwVIPDined on 5/13/2014I love this restaurant! I have been here several times with family and friends and it never disappoints. Great, unique cocktails, a fine wine list and the food is excellent. Even options for vegetarians. It is fairly small, but very energetic with a great wait staff. I wouldn't come here if you want a quiet romantic dinner. But if you want great food and an energetic neighborhood vibe, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but Yummygo2girlDined on 5/6/2014We made reservations via Open Table for a party of 6 and although we were late we were seated with ease. The food was very good, however the service was a bit questionable. The server was extremely friendly, very positive however there were so many strange errors it puzzled us. Drinks were incorrect. questions were answered and then serviced incorrectly (do you want dessert? YES! then the bill was handed to us.) I think it was crowded and super noisy, and the wait staff was overwhelmed. We love the venue, but definitely wondered about the service and mistakes made throughout our meal.Special Features:
- Casual, Fun neighborhoodAlexDined on 5/4/2014Great food, fun casual atmosphere within low key and comfortable neighborhood. Its worth noting that next door is Alite, an awesome outdoors shop, that provides 20% off of their products if you bring your bill from Slow Club.Special Features:
- Large Party During Dinner RushHazAHungrayDined on 4/29/2014Slow Club is a gem, in more ways than one. Not only did they accommodate a large party of nearly 20 during the height of the dinner hour, but the service was timely and the food was perfection. Courses were moved without interrupting guests and our server never let a wine or water glass run dry. Good cocktail list, great wine selection, and an eclectic but superb menu - everyone loved their experience.Special Features:
- Delicious / Noise Level Is To HighSFOJoeVIPDined on 4/29/2014Took a friend here as a thank you dinner. First time for her. We both enjoyed the food. Glad we went early as it got to loud as it filled up. The place needs to add some acoustical treatment to reduce the bomb noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzieDined on 4/23/2014The Slow Club was perfect for a first date - The food is always delicious & their fancy but not too fancy drink menu hit the spot. They even gave me the out of the way table in the corner I requested when I made the reservation. (for a little bit of first date get-to-know-you privacy) They were so sweet. Thanks Slow Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BurgerBmfaspenDined on 4/22/2014Really enjoyed dinner, one of the best bugers ... Great service and atmosphere, truly is a hidden hideway.. Jealous wish i lived in the neighborhood to go more often...Special Features: