Slightly North of Broad
192 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $31 to $50
Slightly North of Broad
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.slightlynorthofbroad.net/
- Phone: 8437233424x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly, Monday-Friday from 5:30pm, Saturday & Sunday from 5:00pm
Lunch: Monday- Friday 11:30am – 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Southern
- Executive Chef: Frank Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The entire restaurant could be rented for a private function.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Pierce 8437233424x
- Cross Street: Faber Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are two parking garages located within ½ block of the restaurant. One is located at the corner of Concord and Cumberland and the second is located on Cumberland between East Bay and State. Street parking is also available.
A word from Slightly North of Broad
Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Slightly North of Broad - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Slightly North of Broad reviews from OpenTable diners
467 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (320)special occasion (258)neighborhood gem (171)romantic (163)hot spot (131)notable wine list (131)great for lunch (123)good for groups (97)vibrant bar scene (29)great for brunch (22)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Fantastic lunchHollmarkVIPDined on 10/29/2014We have been staying in hilton head for a week and our conciege suggested SNOB It was a great spot centrally located , my husband had lobster and shrimp salad, contained grapefruit slices , marinated tomatoe , pickled fennel, absolutely delicious , I had a simple salad and a chicken dish absolutely delicious, unfortunately we were to full for desert, but they looked delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SNOBOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Expensive night out, but certainly worth it. Great food. Attentive (but not overwhelming) service. Apple Crumb Pie dessert was unbelievable. I didn't think I'd be able to eat another bite, but I split the pie with my daughter, to our mutual delight.Special Features:
- Welcome to Charleston!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014I have been to SNOB many times. It was the first restaurant recommended to me when I first visited Charleston. It is now my favorite place to take visitors. The food, location within the city and the atmosphere give a first time visitor to Charleston a good taste of what the city is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great place!goldieDined on 10/26/2014SNOB was our final destination on a 4 day frenzy in Charleston and although we hit a lot of great restaurants SNOB stands out. The waitress was just right. Not too overly attentive but still friendly made some great suggestions. She kept our meal rolling. We had gone out to brunch in the morning so weren't overly hungry. She suggested splitting the shrimp and grits which was smart since it left room for dessert, triple chocolate cheese cake! I also ordered the beet salad with a local beer. Wonderful, relaxing atmosphere. We sat near the bar by a front window and watched Charleston go by. Can't wait to go back, only next time SNOB will be our first stop and maybe our last.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I was very pleased with this restaurant. The ambience was excellent. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful with selections of a very extensive wine list. We ordered a bottle of champagne which I had had before and it was fairly reasonable in price. I had shrimp and grits for dinner and it was heaven on earth. Extremely big portions! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a nice place for dinner. But make reservations early or you will not be able to get a table!!!!Special Features:
- BillBillDined on 10/25/2014SNOB was our first stop on a weekend of eating in Charleston. It did not disappoint. Everything was excellent. Just an excellent restaurant!Special Features:
- A find in charlestonLiverpoolDined on 10/24/2014Husband and I went here when we were vacationing in charleston. My husband had the duck breast and said it was great. I had the pear salad and tilefish entree and both were very good. Portion size was good and price was reasonable. Service staff were knowable and attentive. We would definitely recommend this place for adults who enjoy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing shrimps and gritsJulesVIPDined on 10/23/2014Our first night in Charleston and we couldn't wait to try the shrimp and grits at SNOB. Wonderful! Plenty of shrimp and sausage and gorgeous grits. Great service and wine too.Special Features:
- Decent PlaceWoodsstockDined on 10/23/2014This is a decent place. It's slow getting seated and getting food. The food is good. The wine list is okay. For what we were expecting we were a bit disappointed. We were hoping for a more memorable dining experience. This isn't it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Food was the best found in Charleston. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Solid ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Went for lunch and were seating promptly at our reservation time. Our server Jason was great, very knowledgeable about the menu. We would return again.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBK45Dined on 10/21/2014Tons of choices in Charleston and SNOB will NEVER come off the list. Still one of the best places in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SNOBOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014Very limited but menu reflects the tourist-i side of Charleston, like fried chicken livers over grits. Prepared well but a choice of maybe 10 items.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceAshevilleFoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had a totally "rookie server". She was clueless. Incapable of opening our bottle of wine and never returned to re-fill our glasses. In fact, the Manager had to come over and open our wine bottle. My wife ordered the Grouper Special and I ordered the Pork Chop. The Pork Chop was very good, but the Grouper and its accompaniments were totally bland. Service was virtually non-existent. We've dined there many times but will not be back.
- A don't-miss restaurantGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 10/18/2014This truly was one of our favorites on our long-weekend visit to Savannah/Charleston. A rather unpretentious and energetic restaurant, S.N.O.B. serves up some outstanding victuals with low-country leanings. Among our favorites were the crab soup (not spicy, and a thicker, almost grits-like consistency); the shrimp and grits, and the roasted lamb rack (huge portion). Service was excellent, and restaurant was very accommodating in moving us from what we considered an undesirable table. Definitely worth many return visits on future visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJMGAVIPDined on 10/17/2014This dining experience was the highlight of our trip to Charleston. The atmosphere was lively and welcoming, the staff was personable, and the food...well, the food was extraordinary. While eating beautiful meals prepared perfectly and uniquely, it was done with items from the garden, fresh and healthy! Our waiter, Joe, couldn't have been more attentive and the assistant manager, Stacey W., was an angel. She is competent, informed, and anticipated our courses. I have been blessed to have dined at fine restaurants around the world and will add this to my favorites.Special Features:
- Fun, fun, funEastcoastgirlDined on 10/17/2014We had lunch at SNOB and thoroughly enjoyed it. Make a reservation! It is a little loud, but we enjoyed the energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- engagement day lunchpfulkDined on 10/17/2014Our son proposed and the oarents surprised them for lunch. Wow...the food and service were just the very finest. We'll be back!! And will reccomend it to any of our friends yraveling to the Charleston, SC area. Best swordfish and Salmon dishes i can ever remember eating. We had reservations through open table, arrived five minutes early and were seated immediately. They surprised us with glasses of champagne to toast the newly engaged couple. Cannot say enough good things about this resturant and staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionTravelerVIPDined on 10/14/2014After reading many positive reviews we had dinner at S.N.OB. We did have a reservation. My only complaint was how we were greeted by the hostess...we did not feel overly welcome and the hostess does make the first impression of a restaurant.Special Features:
- 27 Year Anniversary CelebrationMarshallgirl1Dined on 10/11/2014We had a great evening at S.N.O.B. Our waitress was personable and knowledgeable down to changing the menu to accommodate my dieting needs. She also brought out a champagne toast in celebration of our anniversary. We have eaten at many restaurants in Charleston and for some reason we never took the opportunity to dine here. We will be back! My salmon was delicious and my husbands Tuna was exceptional. I loved how the beautiful brick kitchen was open. All the staff was working hard to make it a great dining experience.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesGaryJDined on 10/11/2014Every time we visit Charleston we go back to this restaurant. We can't always get in, but we love the food, the energy, and the service.Special Features:
- DodgerfanSouthwesternVacationerVIPDined on 10/11/2014My first 5 star. What else can I say. They honored the reservation promptly. Service was excellent. Both dinners were delicious, served hot with ample portions. We had the specialty salads and dessert. I only wish they had a sister restaurant near my home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Snobby Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014We were 20 minutes late for our reservation and the restaurant was still so accommodating. Food was great and the ambiance was terrific. Our waitress was Allison and she was phenomenal. We loved the cocktails and the crab soup was amazing. Kudos to S.N.O.B!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SNOB Always GreatSusieQVIPDined on 10/10/2014SNOB is always on my "favorite Charleston Restaurant" list. Service and ambience is wonderful. The menu, while limited, is fresh and excellent. Great for an occasion. Can be a bit noisy, but worth it!Special Features:
- Over-RatedDavidDined on 10/9/2014This first experience at this restaurant was much less than expected. Food was just okay and service was not great either. We will probably not return.
- Just what we wantedvisitingYankeeDined on 10/8/2014On a friend's recommendation we went here for our first night in Charleston. ..we were looking for a place that straddled the line between 'special occasion' and 'comfortable local spot' and I think this description nailed it. I am pretty picky about lighting level...it's a small sweet spot that is warm and darker but not so that you can't see. This had just the right level of ambiance. The server was very affable and professional, her recommendations were on point (carpaccio and duck w seasonal veggies) and the food was quality. I don't think there was anything relevatory about it, but it was executed perfectly for what it was, and that's really what you want from a comfortable local establishment. Will likely come back on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.LakeMartinDined on 10/8/2014A group of 6 ladies met there for dinner and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.CwoodjimDined on 10/7/2014we had an outstanding experience---great food, wonderful service, and not far from our condo, so it easy visit it time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Charlestons the Best OptionsSlimDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I had dinner here the second night we were in Charleston, which was an early 10 year anniversary trip. We had a tremendous meal at SNOB, one of the best meals we have had in a long time. We started with the crab cake and fried eggplant/mozzarella/tomato startes which were very good. It got even better from there when we selected our main courses which were the swordfish special (my wife) and the BBQ tuna (my selection). They were both awesome meals (of course, we had to try each others) but I was partial to the BBQ tuna which was a different feel and taste with the BBQ feel but the sauce was very light and didnt have a big overpowering BBQ taste.....just a phenonimal meal. Definitely worth it!Special Features:
- Ask for Kallie as your waitressDaveDined on 10/6/2014Great food and great service if you have Kallie as your waitress. She is very knowledgeable on food and wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and GritsSouthernFoodieDined on 10/6/2014Best shrimp and grits in town. Loved it so much we came back a few days later for dinner to have it again. I would recommend lunch dining over evening. The price is better, portion larger and staff was more laid back and friendlier. Love this place and will be returning when in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Southern AtmosphereDJMAXDined on 10/5/2014Loved our anniversary dinner at this Charleston gem! Seafood was amazing, had a nice quiet atmosphere, and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014Met some friends for dinner while in Charleston for an early dinner. We were eating light, so I had a salad and one of the medium plates. I had the Carmelized Pear Salad, it was fantastic! Followed it up with the carpaccio with crostini. Again, fabulous! One of my friends had the swordfish daily special served over curried lentils with yellow squash, her words were, "it was beyond wonderful". We finished up with creme brûlée and the butterscotch pumpkin bread pudding! Scrumptious!Special Features:
- outstandingNYCJulieDined on 10/4/2014the restaurant lived up the reviews! our appetizers (clams and beet salad) were the best food I had in Charleston. The entrees were really good too. Our server was friendly and attentive. I recommend this place highly and will be back anytime I'm in CharlestonSpecial Features:
- Good serviceMillvilleVIPDined on 10/4/2014Our waiter, his help and the hostess were very good, personable, friendly and prompt. The food was so so. My wife and I split an avacado salad, but half way thru we noticed that the ends of the avacado were brown and soft. Otherwise, the food was ok, though the shrimp did not taste local. The creme brûlée was good, as were thewine suggestionsSpecial Features:
- A delicious and delightful eveningDoggonegoodDined on 10/4/2014We ordered items both from the evening specials and regular menu. All were feasts for the eyes and for the palate. Service was superb. A most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Slighty North of Broad DissapointsJohnPVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had dinner at Slightly North of Broad (SNOB) and were hugely disappointed with the experience. It was too congested, the servers seemed to rush us for selections, and my wife had to send her fish, flounder, back because it was dark, slimy and undercooked. There were a lot of old 8-10 year old posters praising this restaurant but we felt that SNOB is living on their reputation, not their present service and cooking. Our meals and service were far better the night before at Magnolias across the street where we had similar dishes. With the large selection of quality restaurants available in Charleston, we will not be headed back to SNOB.
- Slightly North of Broad RestaurantRichDined on 10/3/2014Slightly North of Broad provides excellent food and ambience in a genuinely charming southern atmosphere. The service was exceptional with friendly Servers. Very highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect mealBuffalogirl67VIPDined on 10/1/2014My salad, poached pear, was too beautiful to eat, but I couldn't resist. Every bite was delicious. Tuna with a mustard barbecue sauce was outstanding. The tuna was of the highest quality and the preparation such a nice change from the usual Asian style on most menus. Twice baked chocolate cake was heavenly. On top of all of that, the restaurant is beautiful and the service first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic bar sceneGerirxerDined on 9/30/2014Recommended by our tour guide, this is a place for tourists and groups to gather. Be prepared to wait for your table even with reservations. Energetic noise level, but still possible to enjoy your own conversation unless the next table is rowdy, as ours was, then you have to put up with a lot of noise. Food is very good and interesting.Special Features: