Skyline Terrace - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
750 Hollywood Drive
Charles Town, WV 25414Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Skyline Terrace - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hollywoodcasinocharlestown.com/
- Phone: 8007957001
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stacee Delabastide
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Skyline Terrace - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
Stop by and enjoy a wonderful meal in our Skyline Terrace Dining Room. We have a wonderful selection of fabulous entrees guaranteed to please. Enjoy breathtaking scenery, watch the horses sprint around race track, and delight in a feast of culinary pleasures! Patrons under the age of 21 must enter the Skyline Terrace Dining Room via the apron, long shots deli entrance. No one under the age of 21 will be permitted to walk through the casino.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Skyline Terrace - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races - Best Restaurants in Charles Town ›
Skyline Terrace - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (55)scenic view (55)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Beautiful viewjaydDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful view,good food ( very nice variety of hot and cold dishes and desserts ). Really enjoy watching the horses race. Had a really nice time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib & seafood buffetDonna6985Dined on 10/10/2014Went for the prime rib and seafood buffet but missing seafood. Had fish tacos, fried shrimp, peel & eat shrimp, and salmon cakes. No other seafood. No fish filets or Anything like that. All of the food was cold. Service was excellent. View of track was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyment and relaxinghorsefeedDined on 10/4/2014Eating the Buffet and relaxing without rushing was great. Enjoy the horseracing along the way which makes it even more relaxing and enjoyable. I have been here many times but this was the first time that I have to say all the FOOD was excellent. Most of the time some of the food is hard like it's been sitting or we run out of things and the refills took too long.Special Features:
- Fun evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We were a group of eight celebrating a birthday. Our server was wonderful and you can't beat the view overlooking the track. The food was okay, not great. For a seafood and prime rib buffet I really expected a little more in the way of seafood. The evening was great fun!Special Features:
- Good food & great view of the trackjkh32Dined on 9/27/2014The price is a bit on the high side but the food is good and the view of the track is quite nice. Assuming you get a table on the edge of the row... Otherwise you will have to stand during the races. There are TVs at each table and many have the capability to make bets at your seat if you have an account. The food is above average on the buffet. Have not ordered off the menu yet. Nice variety of food, great salad bar and dessert. Soft serve ice cream as well. My only complaint is that sometimes the salad bar doesn't get replenished fast enough. I had to wait about 10 minutes on lettuce once.Special Features:
- Not Worth The Pricedine4funDined on 9/20/2014I have been attending the Skyline Terrace for years, mostly for the stakes races and have noticed the last few times the buffet price has steadily been increased. We arrived at 7PM but had to wait nearly 15 minutes for our server to respond to us, drinks were served in another 10 minutes. The food was not good, for the price I have had some hole in the wall Chinese buffets that were much better. Many items on the bar has seemed to be sitting for awhile and dried up. The vegetables on the salad bar were not fresh, the lettuce was the typical grocery store bag mix with some brown lettuce. Not really sure what is happening here, maybe trying to cut costs but for nearly $40.00 a person it was a shame, my wife made a comment as she was not plsd.Special Features:
- Great FunracejunkyDined on 9/20/2014Our group had the delicious buffet - crab legs to die for - and enjoyed the races. Great night - good food and fun.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We've been here many times. This time, the quality of the food was much lower then the usual standard.Special Features:
- Semi Annual horse racezanexecVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great for clients that like a little different entertainment. Service was spot on...would like less fried entrees on the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timePosttimeDined on 9/20/2014Another great time at the Skyline Terrace @ CTR! - The service was great - the food was great - the racing was great - We always have fun there! Can't wait to go back...Special Features:
- Tracking my MealCarlosDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is in the dining area of the Charles Town race track. As such, it offers good food (this night was an extensive buffet), a clear view of the track, and easy access to the betting windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skyline Terrace - Hollywood CasinoSchaianneDined on 9/19/2014Love coming here on the weekends for their buffet. You get to eat and watch the races ... and go into the casino and hit a some slots and return again. Yes, you can hold your table for the entire evening. This is not a eat and rush out restaurant. It's good food and a leisurely atmosphere. The servers are friendly and on top of their game consistently. We will return again.Special Features:
- WaitressBalcarfoodiesDined on 9/18/2014Bonnie Overholtz is the gem of Charlestown.she has been there for 44 yrs.waiting tables....all the older icons have seen a lot and need to be totally respected and honored.SENIORS LIKE HER ARE SO WONDERFUL WITH A WEALTH OF INFO FOR THE YOUNGER HELP. BONNIE can communicate and is so personable, stops and talks to you tells you a quick story of a star she may have waited on years ago, along with a funny story.that is what make the experience so fun.we will always come back here ,because everyone has a smile and is so nice!😊😊😀😀Special Features:
- Great TimePosttimeDined on 9/13/2014Always a great time at CTR. The food and service are always great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are always pleasant to work with. The excitement of the racing and the views are the best! Love going - already planning next visit(s)....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencegatorDined on 9/6/2014This was my 1st live horse race and was definitely a great experience. Restaurant overlooks racetrack, tv at every table, great buffett!Special Features:
- my first timedendebDined on 8/30/2014I was really disappointed my first visit I was put all the way in back even tho I tipped matriede the buffet was not up to par my waitress was great and let us move but food was not the bestSpecial Features:
- Usually very good- not this time.Fun2racewatchDined on 8/30/2014We visit about 6 times a year. This visit was very poor. Our soup was runny and barely warm, our waitress service was really lacking. She was very non attetentive. We had a group of 8. We were very dissapointed. In the past our service has always been wonderful. Very dissapointed. This time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food selection was limitednlw586Dined on 8/29/2014For the price the food didn't stack up. Many items previously available werenot there this time.Special Features:
- Great nightBabsDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant is away from the noisy casino and over looks the Charles Town thoroughbred race track. Very beautiful setting overlooking the racetrack with the mountains in the background. We were warmly greeted and then immediately seated. Our waitress was prompt and friendly. Our meal was awesome. We got the Wednesday night special: filet mignon with crab legs. It was served hot and both were delicious. We had a wonderful evening and would highly recommend the Skyline Terrace.Special Features:
- Cool Venue to Watch Horce RacingG2AJDined on 8/23/2014The Saturday night brunch was priced reasonably well at 26.95; although the food was only fair. Service was friendly and attentive and the ability to watch the horce racing and bet in the restaurant was fun. Perhaps the food off the menu would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeRSDPDined on 8/23/2014Good food, good friends makes for a great time. Service was excellant all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!BluskyavDined on 8/16/2014This is a very cool place to go. The roast beef was delicious (they had rare) as was the shrimp and the dessert. The salad bar was weak and the temperature was too warm. I'm not sure if the a/c was broken but it was noticeably warm. The betting is conveniently located in the dining room. It has a fantastic view of the track, the server was attentive and friendly. All in all a very good experience. Too bad about the air conditioning problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but not stellarPatrickDined on 8/9/2014Reservations are required. The view of the race track and the on table monitors are a fun way to pass the time. The buffet line was chaotic, with the expected traffic flow not clearly marked. There was a wide selection of salads, sides, and desserts, but the quality was hit and miss depending upon your selection. The service was great, and we were surprised by the 50% price cut for our 11 year old. We probably will return for a casual night out.Special Features:
- DaffneyDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed the buffet, especially roast beef, spare ribs and custard machine. Liked the okra, vut need more fresh veg. And plain mac and cheese for the young ones. Our table was located perfectly and the service superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagePaulDined on 8/9/2014Food was average at best and (as a buffet) many items were missing. Invited another couple to join us for dinner and now sorry I did. Been here before and it was much better. This time out .... not so good.Special Features:
- Great timeCokieanneDined on 8/9/2014Super waitress. Everyone was lovely to us. Highly recommend. Food was good. Did not eat off buffet but it looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just Dinner!PosttimeDined on 8/9/2014Nothing more exciting than post time at CTR - the prime rib dinner buffet on Friday/Saturday night is outstanding. Great view of the start/finish line - Pluses - You keep your table all night - no rush to leave, betting window(s) inside the restaurant, great views, TV at every table to up close look at the action, great staff, great food, attached to casino as well. Minus - picking the right horse is up to you... Great dinning and with the start of every race the place explodes with energy! Highly recommend for celebrating or just a night of fun...Special Features:
- Terrible Foodfoxhunter7Dined on 8/8/2014I have been coming to the races for over 40 years, smallest crowd ever and after the salad bar, the food went down hill. Prime rib was tough, no more crepe station.Special Features:
- lynnDined on 8/7/2014Charles Town races was a nice way to spend an evening with grandchildren!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Race track buffetJC1981Dined on 8/2/2014The food at the buffet is excellent. Always fresh, well prepared, tasty with good variety. From salad, to meats and veggies, through desserts, there are plenty of options and everything was good. The track setting can be great for a group, or a more intimate setting. Noise was well controlled and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet and horse racingMurphDined on 8/2/2014Family outing to dinner and the race track just for a change. There were many food choices and everyone found something to eat but I thought it was overpriced for the quality. The kids enjoyed being able to eat and watch the races. They also enjoyed going outside and watching the races up close. We all had a good time and I would recommend for something different to do and see than the normal restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014A fun thing to do for a night out. The buffet had great choices seafood, beef, chinese, chicken, salads, and great desserts. Ceiling to floor windows that gave an inside out feeling and staduim style tables so everyone one had a great view of the track. We had the table for the night so you could come and go. Great place to get a group together.Special Features:
- Great Experience!bpetceteraDined on 8/1/2014We had an absolutely great experience! The food and environment were fantastic! Had dinner before the Spinners concert and have since recommended the event center and restaurant to all of our friends! Thanks again - we will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a horse raceNutherwoodDined on 8/1/2014Food was was plentiful! Great selection and everything tasted wonderful. Next time I would pace myself to last through the races. Need to have a salad course for the first race and wait until the third race for the main course and by the fifth race have dessert. Wine selection was great. Price was fair. Staff was pleasant and attentive. We were very pleased overall with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing viewffxdinerDined on 7/30/2014Food was cold and overcooked. Service was slow and somewhat inattentive (no drink refills, no check backs to ensure food quality)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and RacesJeffKDined on 7/26/2014Skyline Terrace restaurant at Charles Town Races makes for a fun evening at the races. They offer both a buffet and ordering from a menu. We have always enjoyed the buffet with the many choices and fun dessert display. The food is nothing really special, but is filling and enjoyable. The only problem this time was they have changed from having a crepe bar to a soft ice cream machine. Sadly, there was so much desire for the ice cream that the machine was also running out -- this is something they need to correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and fun in oneBnMeDined on 7/26/2014The Skyline Terrace is a wonderful place to spend a lively evening. Both the menu and the buffet (which we chose) offer a great variety of truly good food. The setting allows for live horse racing to provide entertainment of a different kind. The servers are well trained, friendly and offer excellent service. We have been here many times and will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner fun at the racesGomma50Dined on 7/19/2014Spent the day visiting Harpers Ferry with long time friend. Wanted a fun place for dinner and drinks. Made reservations online - easy peasy. Staff was awesome and very attentive, food excellent, fun time watching the ponies race.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Race track funFoodiemom2014Dined on 7/19/2014If you are looking for a different dining experience this is the place to be ! Great food, wonderful view and entertainment all in one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kadovpDined on 7/19/2014I was pleasantly pleased with my recent stay on 19July2014. The buffet was very nicely laid out, and the food was delicious. I had been to the Skyline Terrace approx 2 years ago and this recent trip was a big improvement over that one. I will/would recommend the Skyline Terrace to anyone who wants a evening of good food, great service, and (hopefully) a profitable night at the races.Special Features: