One American Square; 36th Floor
Indianapolis, IN 46282Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Skyline-Club-Indianapolis/Amenities/Dining
- Phone: (317) 263-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Reifenberger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Skyline Club
The Skyline Club Board of Governors have given approval to open the Skyline Club to the public for dinner for a limited time. The Skyline Club, a private business club that sits at the top of the One America building has panoramic views of the city's skyline, Lucas Oil Stadium and Monument Circle. Elegance without being stuffy. Bring a group or enjoy a romantic table for two,the view is always amazing at the top!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Skyline Club - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Skyline Club reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (21)special occasion (17)romantic (14)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (5)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Very impressive setting for a business dining experience. The setting allows for a relaxing and overall enjoyable evening. The Skyline Club is one of few places where you can have a conversation without having to talk over other people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we were expectingMeg11Dined on 8/30/2014We were put in a corner of an old small room. We did sit next to a window, but the lights were so bright in the room we couldn't even see passed the glares on the windows. Music was turned down way low, and when we asked about it we were told they had to play the same music as the wedding that was going on, so they keep it really low...Hmm. Our waiter was fine but not personable AT ALL. We won't be back. The Eagles Nest has much better views, service, food, and ambiance.
- Skyline Club was Beautiful.ClubKidDined on 8/30/2014Fantastic views of the entire city.Food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly dissappointedfyrmanrobDined on 8/30/2014Usually an amazing experience. Not so much this year. Perhaps, it was due to Devour Downtown. We'll give it one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingTracieDined on 8/29/2014Disappointed with the food. It was very bland and steak was extremely fatty..bad cut if meat. Wheat pasta entree was very liquidy with no flavor. Government niece rented out one side of the restaurant and their party was very loud. This is a nice place view is great but the food disappointed me i would not go backSpecial Features:
- So-sojkmbDined on 8/28/2014View was great and thevfood was decent. The service was slow and disjointed.Special Features:
- Foodmatters85Dined on 8/23/2014I went for Devour Downtown, so I am not sure if that changed the experience. The food was mediocre: Pork lion was dry, not the best cut of the ribeye, and they had run out of sides. Most enjoyable parts: drinks were good and a lovely view if the city.Special Features:
- Fake smileplowshearDined on 8/23/2014Hostess was great. Rest of the people very busy. They had the correct motions and language. You felt like they did not expect you back again so just finish and move on. Not an enjoyable evening for the 4 of us.
- Excellent Devour ExperiencejasabarnDined on 8/23/2014Went for Devour originally booked table for four had to add two which was accommodated easily. Food was excellent. View was spectacular. Service was attentive. There were a few mix ups with food being set down in front of the wrong people and some wine spillage on the table, but otherwise a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find for Devour Indyskun999Dined on 8/22/2014We went to Skyline Club as part of the Devour Indy event. We had to walk halfway around the building to find out how to get in (most of the One America complex is closed during normal dinner hours), we finally made our way up and found the staff to be very friendly, the food was excellent, and the view was amazing (haven't seen Indy from this perspective before). While even with Devour Indy discounts, the price is definitely special occasion only, the food portions were very good (couldn't' eat more, but none extra to take home).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningBettyDined on 8/21/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at the Skyline Club, great food and service. Views are great and loved being able to have a conversation and hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st class dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014While the facility is inviting and the views spectacular, the greatest asset is the people. They are professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. They treat you as though you are the most important person in the world. This is one of few restaurants where you can actually have a conversation because the noise level is low. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBrownEyedKristenDined on 8/20/2014Experience was disappointing at best. Maybe because we visited during Devour Downtown. Not sure. Each table had a flag on it alerting everyone that you were dining off the cheaper menu. Service was less than great. Waiter was hardly ever at the table. The food was second class. I had the scallops dinner. While the scallops were good, the whole wheat pasta they were on was terrible. Dry, flavorless and sauceless. In fact, so dry I couldn't finish eating. My boyfriend had the steak. It was something you'd get at the Sizzler on the weekend. Only about a 1/2 inch thick, covered in rubbery fat and over cooked. Dessert was a way too sweet. All in all, disappointed. Especially for $140. The view was the best part. I doubt we'll be back.Special Features:
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014My choice of the rib eye steak -bad idea. overcooked - no flavor Desserts was excellent. Rest of the table was excellent.Special Features:
- Had a great view....Bebe2luv2Dined on 8/8/2014We had a total of three adults and two children in our party. They sat us in a very small room with older diners. We kinda felt out of place due to having children with us (they tend to be a bit louder) and when asked if we can move to another room (which they had about four other rooms) we were told we couldn't. So the whole dinner we didn't really talk and kept telling the kids to keep it down. Then it took the waitress about twenty minutes just to bring us water and about another ten to bring us menus. NOT a wide selection of entrees. When we finally ordered and received our food it had been about an hour. Meat was under cooked. BIG NO NO IN MY BOOK! The kids received more meat in their meals then the adults did. Probably wont return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 299 reviews are from the Skyline Club reviews archive.
- Not a special occasiondisappointedDined on 7/26/2014Sad to report how disappointed we were in this place. We had high hopes going here since it is a "private restaurant." Decor is old and outdated, tables and furniture were no different than a coffee cafe. There is absolutely no WOW factor, don't go here for a date. Food was less than desirable, not worth mentioning. Service was slow, had to track down the waiter to hand him my credit card since he didn't give us the bill. They also charge a standard 20% gratuity, so you don't really have an option. For a $100 meal you expect more, this felt like Applebee's compared to Ocean Prime. Would not recommend to anybody, wouldn't want a 'membership' here if they paid me for it.
- Pretty Cool ExperienceFoodeezDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed ourselves with the view, food and the staff. The GM even approached our table with a "Welcome" :) I would recommend this to anyone who would like something out of the norm and definitely likes to experience culinary foods of the season, definitely the food was a +++.Special Features:
- cooldiner91VIPDined on 6/7/2014the place was hard to find, the food did not live up to its expectation, and they added a 20% service chargeSpecial Features:
- Great TimeJTateDined on 5/17/2014Everything was outstanding as usual. The food was great, the service was great as well!Special Features:
- worth checking out.Luv2dineDined on 5/10/2014Nice place. The view was very nice. Loved the wine.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchSABBYVIPDined on 4/20/2014We were completely disappointed in this reservation for Easter Brunch.. The buffet was mediocre to say the least and the food awful...The price was outrageous for what they offered and some things not worth eating...It was such an awful experience, the only positive was the view!!Special Features:
- Disappointed...CandaceCDined on 4/12/2014We were so looking forward to visiting this normally private club thanks to the offer from Open Table. When we arrived, we were shuttled to a small back room. Unbeknownst to us, there was a large wedding going on in the main dining room so they had set up a few tables in a small unappealing back room. The food was quite good but there was absolutely no ambience whatsoever. Very disappointing. I wish they would have told us that the main dining room would not be available when we called for reservations. We would have reserved for a different night. The menu is too pricey to push patrons into the back room without prior warning. If you are making reservations for a Saturay night, make sure you ask WHERE you will be seated.
- Nice SurpriseHelloImMerryDined on 3/29/2014I always understood the Skyline Club to be open to members only. When we learned reservations are open to the public it quickly joined the list for a place we'd like to go again for a special night out. You can always recall an all time favorite meal or something you think was even better than what you're having at the moment, but the food and presentation here were great and service was exceptional. Everything we had was delicious. When a table opened at the window just after we were seated we were offered the choice to move. We immediatly took advantage of the option and I must say it was such a treat to look out over Indy at its finest during our meal, although the view looked to be wonderful from any spot in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrickDined on 3/25/2014Can't beat the location in Indy. Food and service was very good, bu the place was empty.Special Features:
- Truly ImpressiveKeys88Dined on 3/8/2014I traveled from Evansville to meet our daughter from Chicago for some quality time in Indy for the weekend. Our lovely Hotel displayed a copy of a local food-and-fare magazine of the city, in which we found an attractive ad for your restaurant. We were not disappointed. I plan to travel to Indy again in just a few weeks with my husband and would truly like to be able to make reservations at some point in our trip so he, too, may experience your truly impressive offerings. Cuisine and service were extraordinary, the view was exceptional. Thanks for the fine dining experience.Special Features:
- matched setDinnerDined on 2/21/2014The view was magnificent and so was the service. We immediately greeted and treated as though we were members. The wine list was varied with reasonable prices and choices. I had the scallops wrapped in smoke salmon, a nice amount of food but the scallops were slightly over cooked, but still flavorful. Me wife had the double pork chop and that was perfectly cooked, tender, not dry. The presentation was well executed. Mark the manager checked on all of the guests and even assisted his team of servers when needed. All in all, we will do this again, to see the downtown area from the 36th floor over looking the circle and enjoying the fine restaurant.......we called it a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother daughter evening outspostDined on 2/21/2014An evening out for mother and daughter, very nice and elegant place to dine, food was very good, close to center circle, walking distance from area parking garages, along with street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatWoodyDined on 2/15/2014We had the Valentines menu and it was outstanding! The menu choices were fantastic and cooked perfectly. Our server was very nice but seemed inexperienced for such an expensive meal. Would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!JeanieB66Dined on 2/15/2014If you want a nice place to go on a special occasion, this is the place to go!!! The food was amazing, my wife said "this was the best meal I have ever had in my life" so our Valentines Day was perfect thanks to the staff at The Skyline Club. The view was breath taking and the ambience was very romantic.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, But Just One CaveatSkylineDinersDined on 2/15/2014My girlfriend and I recently celebrated valentine's day here. The view was truly and the selections on special valentine's day menu were wonderful. Unfortunately, when we arrived, we were given very little instruction about what to expect. We were not told how the evening's entrees were going to be served, and there were no prices listed for the total experience (we are students living on a budget, and my girlfriend couldn't relax the whole meal thinking about the price). As a former waiter myself, I know that an important part of helping my guests to have a great dining experience is to let know know what to expect so that they could sit back and enjoy their experience fully. Expected more from the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooo BadMmmmDateNightsDined on 2/15/2014Seemed nice despite not being seated at one of the many available window tables on Valentine's weekend. The limited "Valentine's Menu" meant no filet for us. Entrees were beef tenderloin, scallops, pork porterhouse, or stuffed mushrooms. We had the pork and three scallops, yep three. Both were overcooked, but the pork was so much so that it was nearly inedible and it was a scene slicing it. As a benefit, I got a workout chewing it and was forced to drink plenty of water! The waiter forgot to bring my soup, but not my husband's tuna atop a tepid, gray, bland paste the chef called noodles. I wouldn't have felt more violated if a caper on the street reached into my purse and grabbed that $200 than I did when the waiter brought our check
- Valentines day funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went for the valentines day special. We enjoyed ourselves. The view was beatifiul as was the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For every romantic occasion ,AntoineDined on 2/14/2014I was surprise for the ambiance they mad for this occasion ,valentine day is a special occasion to show your partner how much you love her . Everything need to be perfect . The skyline club mad that was perfect thank you .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My snowy Valentine Dinner!Downtown7Dined on 2/14/2014You pay for the view and the fact it is a private facility! It just lacks the rotating view, not to give ambiance an outstanding. Otherwise not the best nor the worst dining experience. It was a decent one time Valentine Day experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014While it was a great view it was set up like an office presentation dinner. The other side of the restaurant had great mood lighting and music. The side we were on was lit like an office with cubicles and the keyboard music was corny elevator style at best. While the good was good it was way too expensive or the experience had. I would not recommend this to a friend because it was embarrassingly boring and very unromantic. I have apologized to my husband and promised not to do that to him again.Special Features:
- Just what you should expect.Skypilot626Dined on 2/14/2014Incredibly over priced. Service ok for a Bob Evans. View spectacular but not worth $233 for 2 people for a very limited underwhelming menu.Special Features:
- A "must" in Indy! We lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014A "must" in Indy! We loved our evening at Skyline Club. Food, service, view....all perfect. Server suggestions on spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodArmyWifeDined on 2/8/2014We went during Devour Downtown, and I am glad we did. While the atmosphere is amazing, the food was not anything you can't get at all the other restaurants downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, but expensiveBlueGeminiVIPDined on 2/8/2014The food was good, but not worth the expensive price tag and the portions were small. They add an extra fee, because they are a club. Make sure to double check your bill to make sure the numbers add up.Special Features:
- View better than foodDanielSDined on 2/1/2014And it was foggy for half of the dinner. They food left something to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.