Skyline Cafe Ethiopian Cuisine
3821 A South George Mason Drive
Falls Church, VA 22041Neighborhood:
AfricanPrice: $30 and under
Skyline Cafe Ethiopian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (703) 820-0240
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: African, Ethiopian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Mondays,Thursdays, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays: Ethiopian traditional and Oldies funk/jazz like music
A word from Skyline Cafe Ethiopian Cuisine
Authentic Ethiopian cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skyline Cafe Ethiopian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Hidden GemRickVIPDined on 11/5/2014We came back to after being away for a few years, and were surprised with the improvements. The food was delicious, service was excellent, and the place, although simple, was spotless. My only complaint (personal preference) is I wish the lentils on the veggie combo were served warm. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mini High School ReunionPATLBAMDined on 7/11/2014We were a table of 10 Military brats (out of several hundred at this reunion) who attended an American high school in Madrid, Spain during the 60s. We had some specific morning site seeing planned with lunch at the Skyline. It was a first Ethiopian food experience for 7 of the 10 and an overwhelming success for all 10. The dishes were all tasty, the beers and wines were greatly complimentary and the staff made it a great experience for all. Kudos to how easy it was to have a successful eating vent in a town somewhat unfamiliar to all of us!Special Features:
- There seemed to be a soccerJBurellaVIPDined on 10/13/2013There seemed to be a soccer game going on that was broadcasted on the TV; this kept the staff from promptly serving us at times. Also, the music was very loud. Food was great, service friendly, and enjera delish. Not sure I'll go back, but was a fun place to try out once.
- Wanted to try a local ethnicTravelingPalateVIPDined on 4/21/2012Wanted to try a local ethnic restaurant and had good food with fair service in a cramped strip mall sports bar. Tried the veggie and meat combos so we could get a got sense of the Ethiopian Cuisine. Many of the selections were quite spicy. The receptionist initially sent us back out into the rain when we mentioned we had an Open Table reservation and had to show my reservation on my iPhone to get service.
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2012The staff was very friendly and the food superb. We were the only diners for quite some time and as more people trickled in it seemed more a bar than restaurant, but not rowdy or disruptive. The food was amazingly good. We would definitely go again!
- The food was authentic andageorge6Dined on 12/11/2011The food was authentic and perfectly seasoned. The wait staff were friendly and eager to help with suggestions and descriptions of the the food. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and never felt like we were being rushed.Special Features: