1139 Glendon Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skylightgardens.com/
- Phone: (310) 824-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Armando Aguilar & Gerardo Heredia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Featuring two 60" flat screens in the bar and one 60" flat screen television in the back studio.
- Special Events: Now Serving Brunch! Every Saturday and Sunday following Mothers Day, May 12th.
- Cross Street: Glendon & Lindbrook
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Two (2) Hours Free validated self parking is available at 1100 Glendon Avenue in the office building across the street for lunch.
Five (5) hours Free validated self parking is available qt 1100 Glendon Avenue in the office building across the street for dinner.
A word from Skylight Gardens
Restaurant, Bar & GrillContinued
serving brunch, lunch and dinner
serving brunch, lunch and dinner
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skylight Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)romantic (28)special occasion (22)great for brunch (20)good for groups (18)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (14)late-night find (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- NikkiDined on 8/22/2014Gorgeous restaurant stuck in the 1990's. Pull up to Skylight Gardens you'll see a line for valet across the street- At the other restaurant. SG has a dated menu, is out of half of the wine on the list and the staff from the unsmiling hostess to the speed walking waiters just give off a bad vibe at this pricey neighborhood restaurant. The piano playing seems lovely unless you're sitting within 20 feet- It's just too loud to allow for conversation. The setting is lovely and so much could be done with this restaurant- Starting with a fresh, paired down and focused menu, a better and in stock wine list and at least the level of service you would expect from paying $40.00 an entree. Hopefully these reviews will resonate with the management.
- always excellentTakasdenDined on 8/12/2014Have eaten here many times. Keep coming back because I enjoy everything about the restaurant: location, service, ambiance, foodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Always an enjoyable pre-theater dining experience. Very friendly helpful servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmmsherbear33VIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was great - but all wait staff and bartenders appeared to be scrambling ... not knowing where orders went when they came out of the kitchen, not taking orders quickly (we waited nearly 15 mins. to order anything and 20 mins. to get 2 cocktails). Lots of running around every which way -- along with lots of apologies and thanking us for our patience. Not sure I would return based on the harried feeling I got while trying to relax and dine. Then we had to scramble to make it to the theatre -- which shouldn't have happened.
- old world charmAnniDined on 8/6/2014Stopped by for lunch and enjoyed great italian food in beautiful sun lit atrium. a westwood gem!Special Features:
- Beautiful ExperienceLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 8/5/2014A great restaurant in every way. Lovely, vintage, rambling old brick structure w/ lots of light and tasteful decor. Elegant yet casual experience with very friendly and attentive service. Incredible Italian dishes, w/ almost all pasta made on site. Really terrific place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty menulaurvidDined on 8/4/2014I have been here many times in the past and rarely had a problem. This time I brought some friends and they didn't have half of the things we ordered, even though they were listed on the menu, including the wine list. The waitress did not tell my friend that they were out of sea bass and just brought him branzino, without asking him. The manager then took off 2 of the meals from the check, but it left a very bad taste, and he had no excuse. He kept saying "I know". The food is still tasty but the service and menu was awful on this trip.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014very disappointed from the last time we were there. Service was terrible and the Capellinil inedible. The food wasn't hot and was sent back to the kitchen to reheat. It's ashame that it has gone down hill.
- Great for lunchfoodie4lifeDined on 8/1/2014I had a lunch meet and the food was excellent as well as the service. I had the salmon with a double order of spinach to forego the mashed potatoes. My guest had an excellent appetizer.Special Features:
- Lunch before the theaterAndreaMGDined on 7/27/2014Our reservations were for 11:45 am we were seated right away. Due to time of day it was still quite in the area we got to choose for our lunch. We mention we had play to attend so our server was on it and our service was great. We had plenty of time to eat visit and walk to the Geffen Playhouse. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceWestwoodVIPDined on 7/25/2014My colleague and I had lunch on Friday during the DineLA week. The food was good and service was great. The circular dining room is beautiful!Special Features:
- Delicious!KHansDined on 7/22/2014I went here for dineLA and was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food! We had chosen the restaurant based off location and menu (I am a picky eater) but the food was delicious and I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good dinner locale. Specific recommendations: My friend and I both ordered the Spinach salad which was fantastic (although they were out of the meatballs which my friend originally wanted) and then I ordered the chicken Marsala and she got the strozzapretti alla norcina. Both were good-sized portions, but not over the top. I'd definitely go back- now I want to try their mimosa brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Good AtmosphereempiDined on 7/13/2014The food is always good at Skylight and the service is also always excellent. It needs an updated wine list but the food is excellent. The ambiance is quite lovely. I love the atrium light and it lends a nice dining experience. I live in Westwood and this is very convenient and a great place to bring guests and not have to fight the trafficSpecial Features:
- Good FindLightweightDinerDined on 7/12/2014Skylight Gardens is a great place for sophisticated, yet laid back dining. Going there for brunch was wonderful, the food was great and the service was spectacular. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some hits and missesSouthBayGirlDined on 7/9/2014My theater friend and I dine in Westwood on Wednesdays when we go to the Geffen Playhouse. We dined at Skylight Gardens for the first time recently. We liked the food and the wine list; the circular dining room is lovely and we enjoyed that atmosphere. However, we found the service not up to the standards we experience at Napa Valley Grille (across the street), and we were very displeased to find that this restaurant charges for split plates. Isn't this rather old school for today's calorie-conscious diner? No split charges at Napa Valley Grille. We plan to give Skylight Gardens another chance to see if service improves (our waiter seemed to be the only waiter in this particular room). The split charge is a real "downer."
- SKYLIGHT DELIGHTlovesveggiesVIPDined on 7/8/2014A beautiful oval dining room with tree and skylight in its center. Menu accommodates vegan and healthy choices. Service was excellent and we were left to enjoy a leisurely conversation even though it was past closing time. Enjoyed dining in a restaurant where I could hear the other person with whom I dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Beet salad - great presentation and delicious. Corn soup was a treat.Special Features:
- Skylight GardensPBfromSBVIPDined on 6/28/2014Had a delicious time at Skylight Gardens! Hailey the Hostess, Keedar the barman, and Jamal the waiter made a very good experience GREAT. The food was very good, and the Malbec recommended by Keedar was truly exceptional. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2014The food and service was great. I have eaten here several times and would definitely recommend it. However, I listed that I was celebrating a birthday and the waiter had no idea. It is embarrassing to have to tell the waiter in front of my friend who didn't want a big fuss. How disappointing was that.Special Features:
- NomLuv2NomDined on 6/13/2014NomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, family run restaurantBTHFDined on 6/12/2014We have been going down to visit our son at UCLA for the last 4 years and this was our first time here. Had we known it was here we definitely would have made it a goto place to eat. We were surprised by the beautiful and intimate interior. If you like bourbon try their "Winchester" drink, brought flaming to the table, and with a touch of sweetness it hit the spot. The restaurant should have a little back round music playing, other than that a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuincyDined on 6/2/2014My friend and I enjoyed a lovely lunch--for her "special" birthday. Our waiter---Joseph was delightful! Good food, lovely ambiance--and a GREAT hot-fudge sundae made the day complete !!Special Features:
- Differenthappycamper2Dined on 5/17/2014Come here often, food and service are predictably good. This time was different. Loud classic rock doesn't work here and the service experience from the kitchen and bar was unusually slow and somewhat inattentive. I will be back but probably not on Saturday nights... Overall SG is a good dining experience in Westwood Village and a pleasant atmosphere...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad protocolLadyApplesDined on 5/15/2014They were having several private parties who had taken over the restaurant.The dining room was closed. Our party of 3 was put in the loud crowed bar area.Someone should have let us know so we could have chosen not to eat there that night.
- Never DisappointedempiDined on 5/10/2014The food is always good. They have an excellent menu selection and have never been disappointed in our visits. Our server on our last visit was Richard and he was excellent. My husband had the Filet and he said it melted in his mouth and was one of the best Filet's he had in a very long time. We highly recommend the Skylight GardensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!SuperSweet7Dined on 5/10/2014I came to Skylight Gardens last year for my sister's birthday. We came for brunch. It was delicious! It was a group of 5 females. The mimosas were so tasty (; We took great pictures and everyone enjoyed their meal. I decided to come back for Mother's Day. We were a party of 8, plus two children. It was highly pleasing. The waiter was awesome and attentive to not only us, but my children as well. My son, who is 7, is a picky eater. He recommended the meatball appetizer. My son enjoyed it to the last morsel. The waiter was very kind and had a pleasant personality. I would recommend this place for anybody and any party of three or more. I will soon visit this place in the future. This time, on a date with my fiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 205 reviews are from the Skylight Gardens reviews archive.
- laurvidDined on 5/4/2014Branzino is great! The music was a bit strange, old rock was playing through the speakers. I like the songs but not with a dinner where I'm trying to talk.Special Features:
- back again yum !like2eatDined on 5/1/2014We have been to skylight gardens on many occasions and had both good service and good food we will continue to return to this beautiful restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's difficult when signature menuaskworldtravelerVIPDined on 4/28/2014It's difficult to enjoy a restaurant when signature menu items are not available. This location has a storied history - the latest owners, with a very different menu from past owes have retained one major item - the Guacamole - was not available. The main course I ordered, Brick Chicken I was also told after ordering was not available. Settled for a salad - quite good - but I settled.
- DisappointingJessicaVIPDined on 4/20/2014Service started off on the wrong foot and went down from there. Food out of the kitchen took forever and it wasn't even crowded. The only reason I am giving the restaurant 2 stars for food is because I loved my eggs florentine. All other food was average.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014When booking the reservation the only times shown available were 11:45 and 12:45. However, the restaurant had many tables available throughout the time. The main room which is very nice with the skylight was empty yet we were seated in a side room. The service was poor--believe it was our waitresses first day. If i had not been there before and had good service i would not return.Special Features:
- Good food at a good priceavideaterDined on 4/16/2014Skylight Gardens is a charming Westwood restaurant. The food is good, basic Italian, but not necessarily something that would impress a true foodie. The restaurant itself is spacious, quiet, and lovely. There is a nice bar area that's never too loud or busy and serves full dinner.Special Features:
- A Beautiful place with OK FoodSpankyVIPDined on 4/15/2014This restaurant is in a historic brick building in Westwood, not far from UCLA. The food and service aren't bad, but they aren't at a level that one might hope for in such a charming spot. We go here from time to time when going to a play at the Geffen Theatre. We are hopeful that over time they bring the level up a notch so that we can find a reason to dine in this beautiful setting more often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to be backBruinDined on 4/12/2014Had not been to westwood in a while. I remember the place as the Hamlet Gardens. Nice to see the building back in use. Very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre Matinee BrunchCaptJoeDined on 4/12/2014Great place to go before going to the Geffen Playhouse. We like Saturday matinees, so brunch about 1:30 is perfect. Great menu, great food and great service. We've even just had wine in the bar.Special Features:
- The food is always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/10/2014The food is always delicious and the service superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite environmentsLAvisitorsDined on 4/6/2014One of my favorite environments in LA over the years! The service was great!Special Features:
- outdoor feeling with ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2014:Loved the ambience of Skylight Gardens-was a garden with the indoor outdoor look. Beautifully designed My lunch salmon was delidious. My guests pasta was too al dente. Will come back again to try other options. Tamara HoffmanSpecial Features:
- UCLA was on Spring break soLuv2eatVIPDined on 3/25/2014UCLA was on Spring break so it was very quite in the restaurant. I had the Salmon and it is always perfect! My friend had the Chicken Marsala and it was wonderful! All in all we had a great meal! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out with the girls. table for 6.mama8dineDined on 3/20/2014reserved a table where i wanted to be. server friendly and helpful. great menu, happy hour, large servings. attractive surroundings. polite valet.Special Features: