8434 Mentor Ave
Mentor, OH 44060Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skyecleveland.com/
- Phone: 4409743572x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday ~ 11:30 – 4:00 pm
Monday through Thursday ~ 5:00 – 9:00 pm
Friday and Saturday ~ 5:00 – 10:00 pm
Monday through Friday ~ 11:30 am
Saturday ~ 3:30 pm
Pub menu served weekdays until 10:00 pm and Saturday until 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our experienced staff and warm and comfortable atmosphere is the perfect place for you to have a successful event and dining experience. Along with our dining room and pub, we have two additional meeting rooms available.
- Entertainment: Live music - Wednesday through Saturday.
- Special Events: It would be our pleasure to assist with any of your special event needs.
Please contact us at 440-974-3572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A word from Skye Bistro
Skye Bistro is open for lunch and dinner with pub food being served along with gluten free selections. During the summer months, enjoy dining around our outdoor pool and veranda. Skye Bistro offers an extensive wine selection along with specialty beers and full array of cocktails.Continued
Located on the corner of 615 (aka Center Street) & Route 20 (aka Mentor Avenue).
Located on the corner of 615 (aka Center Street) & Route 20 (aka Mentor Avenue).
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Skye Bistro - Best Restaurants in Mentor ›
Skye Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (6)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Aways a Very Good ExperienceKGinClevelandDined on 9/5/2014Have dined at Sky several times with several different guests & everyone always enjoys the meal & comments on what a pleasant surprise Skye Bistro is & that they will be back. This time the guys enjoyed the prime rib special noting great flavor, doneness & the right amount of fat. Loved the "Potato Du jour" Rosemary mashed. Lawnfield salad just the right mix of tasty ingredients & dress perfectly - lightly & not drowned. My first disappointment EVER was the Lobster Mac & Cheese. Description sounded great but I found the cheese sauce mundane & the mac was absolutely drowned in cheese sauce reminiscent of Velveta. High marks for calamari which was tender & delicately breaded. Good selection of beers and Pom martini perfectly proportioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicegreatDined on 9/2/2014Very nice place to have lunch or dinner . great wine listSpecial Features:
- musicDined on 8/30/2014Staff was welcoming. Menu had enough variety to make me want to visit again. Tablecloths for dinner would have been appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/21/2014I was looking forward to a great dinning experience, and was disappointed. The waitress was always telling us she would be with us shortly, she never refilled my drink. I ordered the steak sandwich cooked medium and it was well done, the waitress did take it back and the chef cooked me another steak. This steak was cooked rare. I cut into it and the waitress told me that was medium. And when she did bring my rare steak the rest of our party had finished their dinner. Very pricey for such a poor meal.
- Wine tasting eventCDOretiredDined on 8/5/2014This was a special event that was very well done. All wine came from the BV vineyards, which is why I attended since their cab is one of my favorites. Four wines were sampled, each with its own special dish prepared by Skye. All of the food was excellent and well presented. We have eaten here many times for lunch, dinner, and special events and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DreamdinerDined on 7/31/2014Favorable dining and ambiance. Will dine again as special occasions warrantSpecial Features:
- Great gluten free foodglutenfreegirlDined on 7/31/2014The ambience in Skye Bistro is very comfortable and friendly. Everyone in our party enjoyed their dinners and I, having celiac disease, really enjoy having the choice of the many gluten free items on the menu. I also feel that the staff is well-trained in gluten free preparation and I feel confident in eating there safely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerDannyDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed dinner here very much, service was great, food was great and this is a very nice spot for an overnight stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious surpriseEscoffierDined on 6/21/2014Skye Bistro was a good experience. We were passing through Mentor and booked based on positive reviews and a nice menu. I ordered the veal meat loaf, which was delicious comfort food, and my husband had the prime rib special, beautifully pink medium rare. The noise level made it difficult to hear each other, and the wines offered by the glass could stand improvement, but otherwise our experience was very positive. Oh yes, I forgot to mention the killer dessert of a triple berry cobbler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Skye Bistro reviews archive.
- Worth a tryUnimpressedDined on 5/11/2014There were four adults and a high chair. We were seated in what felt like a hallway and the food was o.k., but very overpriced.
- It's ok...Spender1Dined on 5/10/2014Went to Skye for Mother's Day dinner. Same menu from when I was there a month ago, which is alright but they still had selections on there that they were not offering... And was told each time they were in the process of changing! Like that there are gluten free selections but the food was mediocre...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveling and wanted a great mealLauraDined on 5/2/2014I found Skye on line and thought the menu looked great. My gluten free friend was in heaven- even gf desserts. The service was great, and we enjoyed the music and piano playing.Special Features:
- My Eve at SkyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014To start, the hostess is very welcoming, accommodating, wonderfully professional and very friendly.The atmosphere is beautiful, I loved the piano playing, it really created some fancy ambiance and Pauly our server added to the entire package. He suggested a perfect wine and made wonderful suggestions for meals and sides and salad dressings...he was great, informative, knew the menu and he was lot's of fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealTroubleVIPDined on 4/4/2014Never disappointed with what Sheffield prepares. Party of 4 had scallops, swordfish and pork tenderloin entrees. Everyone was pleased. Two first-time guests thought the building, bar and dining room was cute and cozy. Paul provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningFoodieFriendsDined on 3/29/2014First time at Skye, loved the food, atmosphere, service. The topper of the evening was the entertainment. Dan DiMatteo on the guitar and piano just made our evening. Quiet enough so we didn't have to shout to carry on a conversation, but loud enough to be heard and throughly enjoyed. It was a cozy dinner date that lasted several hours, we didn't feel rushed at all. Made what was going on outside (major March blizzard) not matter at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceJHARMDined on 3/27/2014I really enjoyed my dining experience at Skye Bistro. As a bit of a "foodie", I thought the menu had many interesting choices and I settled on the swordfish for something different. I had made swordfish on the grill at home in the past and Skye Bistro's was as good, if not better. There was a relaxed ambiance in the dining area with a quaint, but active little pub adjacent, that I enjoyed a before and after dinner drink checking out March Madness. The friendly and attentive staff made my night at Skye Bistro a place I will certainly return toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJLSKWDined on 3/22/2014This was our second visit. On Valentine's day, the food and service was excellent. This time it was disappointing. The server was very loud and made us feel uncomfortable. The food was very bland. 2 of us had the steak dinner, 1 had the chicken Marsala and another the honey mustard chicken. The steaks had very little flavor and both chicken dinners had very little of the advertised sauce. We will probably give the restaurant another try, hoping it will meet the experience we had on our first visit.Special Features:
- Gluten free fine dining has arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014What a wonderful experience from start to finish. Our waiter, Steve, made my family feel as if they never had a gluten issue, starting with warm gluten-free bread on the table for all of us. My school age daughters ate the ultimate GF comfort food-Mac and Cheese and grilled cheese with fries. I confess I tried both and I was comforted. I had an awesome grilled salmon and roasted beet salad. My husband had sesame encrusted tilapia with sweet potato mash and green beans-all gluten-free. For dessert we all split the death by chocolate and the chocolate mousse, gluten-free as well. We were treated like we were the only patron's present. We also had the pleasure of live music from a talented pianist who provided a nice ambience to our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!GlutengirlDined on 2/28/2014I dined here with my husband, brother-in-law and his date and we had a great time! The food was great as was the service. I have nothing bad to say about this place. They also do a great job with gluten intolerance as so many of their meals are gluten free. We will be going back and will suggest that our friends try Skye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a terrific place. LiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/28/2014It is a terrific place. Live but soft music almost every night creates a wonderful ambiance while the service goes above and beyond. The menu is varied and very good with interesting specials. Don't think that it's connection to a hotel makes Skye ordinary. It is a great place for dinner.Special Features:
- Very good but noisyTomTDined on 2/26/2014The evening we were there a 90th birthday party was going on and they had a piano player. He was very good but those 2 things played off of each other and the noise level just got higher. When they got there food it was better and he played softer. The problem is exacerbated with wood floors and no noise absorbers. Other than that the food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was deliciousAndreaEastSideDined on 2/22/2014I was a bit concerned when I walked in and my husband and I were the only ones in the restaurant, but other tables trickled in soon after. The food was delicious and our server was very friendly. Great prices on wine. We particularly enjoyed the live music. The restaurant was contemporary with a nice ambiance. I would like to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014Nice place to eat, quiet, excellent food and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing atmosphereRonaldDined on 1/4/2014Genuinely comfortable, relaxed atmosphere. Piano player on weekend is a really nice addition. The appetizers and entrees are excellent. The lounge is inviting and with an attentive bartender, Monique, a really wonderful place to spend an evening where you can relax and chat with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skye viewsangrisDined on 1/3/2014Lunch with a special group of friends was awesome.We really enjoyed our special martinis. We were well cared for and for sure will return.Special Features:
- Perfect New Year's Eve dinnerdancinDined on 12/31/2013Skye was a last minute reservation for our party of seven. All dinners were very good and the piano player was a really nice addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS too noisysincewhenDined on 12/24/2013Food is good, not at all exceptional. Went for an early Christmas Eve dinner, wasn't impressed. Had been there once before. Same impression.
- This is a very good restaurant.BarryVIPDined on 11/22/2013This is a very good restaurant. Food was terrific, nice piano player in background, and service was excellent. unlikely location for a good revenue was not complete. menue was not complete,apparently in process of transition.Special Features:
- Nice quaint dining room onChachiDined on 10/19/2013Nice quaint dining room on the small / intimate side. The Saturday we were there they had a piano player. The wait staff and general service was very good. Food was also very good and priced reasonably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner for Wedding Anniversarysusie6505Dined on 10/5/2013Skye is located in the Lawnfield Inn Best Western on Mentor Avenue. We had a nice table close to the window. There was a musician, Dan DiMatteo, playing guitar and piano, who was wonderful! We were greeted and told of the specials - Swordfish with risotto, or a mushroom gnocchi. We each ordered a glass of wine and decided to try the specials. My husband ordered soup, and I had the wedge salad. Both were very good. My husband said the swordfish was just okay. My mushroom gnocchi was excellent! We saved room for dessert, but they were out of the Death by Chocolate, so we ordered the pralines ice cream roll, but got the coconut one instead. It was just okay. I highly recommend this restaurant and looking forward to trying their ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2013Very good food, excellent service and an appealing ambiance. Although the restaurant is connected to a hotel, it is not a hotel restaurant by any means. Very upscale and vibrant. The mussels appetizer is outstanding; the half chicken and the lobster ravioli entrees were superb. They have a nice selection of wines as well. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best part of our visitsnipsVIPDined on 5/31/2013The best part of our visit was the musician who played as he was great. The rest of our dining experience was average at best.I would recommend this to a friend.