SkyCity Restaurant at the Space Needle
400 Broad Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
SkyCity Restaurant at the Space Needle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spaceneedle.com/restaurant/
- Phone: 2069052100x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00AM - 2:45:PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:45PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 8:45PM
Dinner: Friday & Saturday, 5:00PM - 9:45PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Maxfield
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For off-site catering or for any questions regarding our banquet facility located 10 stories above the ground, please contact our Sales and Catering team at (206) 905-2180 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: You can give your celebration a real lift by hosting it at Seattle's premier banquet facility, the SkyLine level at the Space Needle. Located 10 stories above the Seattle Center campus, the Space Needle's SkyLine Level features two elegant rooms that can accommodate 20 to 350 guests. The Space Needle's SkyLine Level is the perfect spot for holiday parties, corporate functions, weddings and receptions, banquets and more.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2069052180x
- Cross Street: 4th Avenue and Broad Street
- Public Transit: The monorail runs every 15 minutes from the Westlake Center on 5th Avenue and Pike Street to the Space Needle.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Convenient valet parking located at the base of the Space Needle on 4th Avenue and Broad Street. The cost is $12.00 for three hours with validation from SkyCity Restaurant.
A word from SkyCity Restaurant at the Space Needle
Take in the splendor of the Puget Sound from SkyCity, the Space Needle's world-famous revolving restaurant located 500' above ground. SkyCity's culinary team uses Northwest-grown beef, produce from local farmers, and fresh, wild-caught seafood from the abundant waters of the Pacific Northwest to create some of the most flavorful, dazzling and innovative cuisine Seattle has to offer. Breathtaking views are guaranteed from all tables at SkyCity and your elevator ride and Observation Deck visit are complimentary when dining. Join us for lunch, dinner, or weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
SkyCity Restaurant at the Space Needle - Best Restaurants in Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne ›
SkyCity Restaurant at the Space Needle reviews from OpenTable diners
1557 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (1425)special occasion (1163)romantic (752)great for lunch (474)great for brunch (360)fit for foodies (359)kid-friendly (340)hot spot (225)neighborhood gem (185)good for groups (165)notable wine list (141)late-night find (76)great for outdoor dining (39)vibrant bar scene (12)Show More
- Outstanding service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The waiters are top notch and very knowledgable when discussing foods and suggesting wine pairings etc etc. great views! A must see and do when in Seattle.Special Features:
- What a viewslamtennisDined on 9/28/2014We were blessed with the most glorious sunset and view of all the mountains. The food was very, very good. Please note that an entree without salad, is, at minimum $39 up to $67. So, if you are feeding a hungry group, it will not be enough to order just an entree. Our waiter was a dud. My daughter struggled with her order choice. He never offered suggestions just left when we weren't ready. He never engaged us, asked any questions or offered information. It makes a huge difference when the wait staff is friendly. Remember to bring a sticky note pad so that you can enjoy the notes that you can put at the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Nice view and good environment. Not sure why staff doesn't place children in one area and people without children in another area. I love kids as much as the next person but when you're spending about $100 a plate (that was our tab - and we didn't have alcohol), you don't want to deal with the cute little kid clanging on their plate like they're trying out for a drummer's spot. With that said, it was a really nice restaurant, great view, and the steak was exceptionally good.Special Features:
- What a wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The service was impeccable, the food divine and the view can't be beat. Be warned, if you go once you will immediately start planning for the next visit! John H was our waiter and he was wonderful.He pointed out the various landmarks, and gave us a wonderful commentary on Seattle history. The entire experience was over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, marginal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The food was marginal for the price. We went to brunch. While it was three courses, each course was just OK. No vegan or vegetarian options and menu choices loaded with fats and carbs. I just didn't feel I got a great meal for the price. The view, the service, and experience otherwise were great but I won't be telling folks to go there for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014food was great. Andrea was very attentive. including the young man who was clearing the table for us. It was a great expierence told my husband I wanted to go there for my birthday in July 2015. see ya then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014I made reservations for Sky City before my visit to Seattle. We were visiting a couple of friends and wanted to thank them with a nice brunch and couldn't have chosen a better place. Our server was fantastic and each course was delicious. Our meal was almost three hours and never felt rushed and got to enjoy the view. It was a special treat for both tourists and locals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must-See!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Beautiful food, atmosphere, and view. This is a must-see if you're visiting the area, or if you're a local who's never been before.Special Features:
- Just awesome all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014From the service to the food to the ok view (joke) lol this place is a must visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, outstanding viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Obviously one would come to this restaurant for the 360 views of Seattle. Some of the food was a hit, some was a miss. I ordered the salmon, it came with greens, that were so over salted, I could not eat them. The salad I had up front and the dessert was delicious. Unfortunately, our server messed up on a few aspects of our order, but we eventually got the food we ordered.Special Features:
- Brunch With a viewMaroonsweets08Dined on 9/27/2014The 3 course brunch was amazing. I recommend the biscuits and gravy for breakfast as a starter. Our waiter was not very attentive but the food and view kind of helps forget the lack of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Space Needle TeamOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We had an experiance which we will remember the rest of our lives. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Was great one time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Doing this once is worth the high price. The food was in no way worth what we paid. I can't eat sugar but had to pay for dessert even though I asked them not to bring it. I also think dessert with breakfast is very odd as is salad as a breakfast appetizer. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moretime inelevatorsgoingupand down1stimerfromfloridaDined on 9/26/2014Chicken was good but flavoring was just ok. Loved the bread, green noodles in the Jidori was nasty. Overall overpriced for the chicken. Drinks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayTnguyDined on 9/26/2014The scenery was beautiful and yes the service was great, but the food was way overpriced. The menu stated a 35 dollar per person minimum. Believe me, we went way over that. My plate tasted very good. My wife got the halibut and it really wasn't that good at all. Especially for the price. Granted they offer something pretty much no on else can but I believe they could come off the prices just a little.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This was our first time to Seattle and we knew we had to try this place before leaving. We celebrated my wife's birthday, and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic, and the view was obviously perfect. The best part of the entire evening was our waiter. He was extremely professional, prompt, attentive, and really wen't the extra mile to make it a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAlencastro12Dined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is beautiful from the entrance to the seating to the food. I had read all the great reviews and they so no justice. The greatest part of our experience was the roatating restaurant that allows you to view the entire Seattle city while dinning. Then we had some of the local brewed beer and was just as amazing. Our waiter took the time to answer all our questions. Dinner was amazing. And for desert we had the lunar ice cream. I recommend this for any occasion. I brought my wife, sister and brother in law and they all loved it! Perfect first time experience for us coming to Seattle. The price is fair especially with everything you get to experience. Everything at the sky city restaurant is amazing a must see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgetable experience.500feetDined on 9/26/2014Unforgetable experience with A+ food service and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentlouiseDined on 9/26/2014I brought my mom and wife last Friday and they were impressed. The food was great, the view was fabulous!Special Features:
- the slow season....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014It was a by week for the seahawks but there was a convention in town...not to mention the regular tourist crowd. I couldn't get a dinner spot so booked lunch. Very pleasant experience....especially for a tourist destination (all the lines and kids and blah blah blah)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond1southernladyDined on 9/26/2014Above and Beyond the obvious of incredible venue, stellar view and good food . . . what impressed me was the way in-which the staff so beautifully accommodated a quadriplegic young man and his party of 4. The staff moved quickly and discreetly to accommodate his encompassing wheelchair, positioned him in a way that allowed him to experience the incredible view and did so without calling attention to the young man/group nor disrupting the other patrons and food service. Waitress "Sara" was outstanding, very efficient, informed, very friendly and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014I had no idea the food and service would be this good. The view is extraordinary, but the food was equally as good and the service was great. I hadn't been here for years and I definitely will not make it as long before returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014My most memorable part of our Seattle-Vancouver weekend. The food was prepared well, the service was impeccable, and of course, the view was awesome. Yes, it is expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DiningYummySeattle1Dined on 9/25/2014We ate at night and the table lights were bright but our server was quick to cover them with a napkin. Great service. Romantic and did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sky city is for home town too!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Just because you live in seattle doesn't mean you cannot enjoy the view from sky city at the space needle. You don't have to wait for out of town guests either. The food is always good and the service is wonderful and of course the view helps remind you of how beautiful our city is. Our family has great memories we have made at sky city and consider it as one of our favorite restaurants we go to.Special Features:
- Amazing view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014We enjoyed the great atmosphere combined with the great food service and view of the Seattle area.Special Features:
- family wowshrimpDined on 9/25/2014I had out of town family visiting and it was a great place to wow them with all of Seattle. We loved it and it was kid-friendly.Special Features:
- World's Fair DreamnorthwestnanDined on 9/24/2014I've had a longing to go up the space needle since i was 5 at the world's fair and it was brand new. My Mom wouldn't let us go up at the time, either due to expense or fear that it wasn't safe. At any rate, I have had this "ooooh look its the space needle every time I've passed through Seattle, always bound for someplace else. Since I moved here last year, I've had the trip I've wished for for 50 + years on my mind and finally made reservations for a birthday dinner for a friend and myself this September. Nothing was disappointing, from the elevator ride up, the sunset from the observation deck and the unhurried fabulous dinner with great service in the rotating restaurant. Loved it, can't believe I waited so long. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View is allVerimeriDined on 9/24/2014You pay very high prices for slightly above average food. The view is awesome and the service was good. I would recommend you just pay for the elevator and skip the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An incredible experience.sonya211Dined on 9/24/2014I wanted to experience the view from SkyCity, but I had pretty low expectations for the food. I knew it would be a standard and expensive menu. The wine list is good. We chose a cabernet blend, Billy O, which was excellent. I ordered the beef tenderloin and my husband ordered the halibut. We were both blown away with the taste and quality of the food. My steak was cooked perfectly and had a wonderful bordelaise sauce. My husband said his halibut was the best seafood dish he had while we were in Seattle. Go for the view, but the food will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valuesweetheartDined on 9/24/2014Dining here includes admission to the observation deck ($19/pp) which makes dining here a great value if you intend to go up to the observation deck anyways. Enjoy your meal while rotating above Seattle and the scenic views on a clear day. The service is great. The only thing lacking is the food, it's only average. The bread that comes with the meal is hard and cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArizonanArizonanDined on 9/24/2014Great food and friendly and attentive service. View was fantastic!Special Features:
- Over priced but amazing viewsL8blmr04Dined on 9/23/2014While I thought the food was over priced, combined with the atmosphere and the included elevator ticket it was a great special occassion event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personable waiterspearlyladyDined on 9/23/2014We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant, but we felt our server was not personable and we felt a little rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the Space NeedleRomaine1Dined on 9/23/2014I had a late lunch at the Space Needle during the week so it wasn't packed with a lot of people. We were seated immediately ahead of our reservation and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and very flavorful. I wish I would've gotten a warm dessert because it can be a little chilly on the observation deck. And of course, the view was spectacular! I would recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting the Space Needle! I had such a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014I love this restaurant! Some say it is pricey, but it is a good value for a fabulous view, and quite delightful fare. When you consider that the Needle's observation deck alone costs $19 and you get this as part of your SkyCity experience, then the food is actually quite reasonable. I love having out of town guests which gives me a reason to return since I live in the South Sound. Everyone has been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the whole experience!Special Features:
- BumblesnbeesDined on 9/23/2014The service was excellent and the setting was great. We did not find the food to be meet our expectations. Shrimp in the salad were a disappointment. If someone has had a oyster po-boy in New Orleans, then they probably should not order one at the Needle.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewsHungryHappeningsDined on 9/23/2014We chose to dine at SkyCity for lunch so we could enjoy the views while we dined. You get a free elevator ride up to the hotel, half price valet parking, and you only have to spend $25 per person on lunch, not including tax and tip, which we thought was a pretty great deal. We could have stuck with that, but decided to splurge a bit, which I'm guessing is what they are hoping everyone will do. Our meals were good, but it wont be the food we'll remember, it was the time spent circling around the needle enjoying the views. Even on a gloomy day the surrounding scenery was pretty incredible to see from the height of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great for Special Occasions1833fanDined on 9/22/2014My girlfriend and I came here for our 3 year Anniversary. A must do dinning experience when visiting Seattle. Views are outstanding!Special Features:
- Great views but meh on the foodFunBirthdayDined on 9/22/2014We were celebrating our sons 10th birthday. The views and atmosphere at the restaurant are amazing. The kids get fun little postit type notes to leaves messages on the window as you rotate. Thr staff is very friendly. The food leaves something to be desired though. It is very very expensive and not very good quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.