1369 Boston-Providence Highway (Rte 1)
Norwood, MA 02062Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sky-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7812558888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Late Night Menu: Thursday - Saturday 10:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm Runs Labor Day thru Father's Day
Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andy DiPace
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available online
- Private Party Facilities: At Sky, we combine personalized service and innovative American cuisine in a casually-elegant setting to create a unique ambiance for your meeting or social event.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Coughlin 7812558888
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Duo for our Sunday Brunch Buffet
- Special Events: 1/2 Price burgers every Monday 1/2 Price apps from 4-6pm everyday Kids eat free Sunday from 2pm-9pm
A word from Sky
At Sky, our focus is and always has been on creating great fun American food. The intrinsic design of our dining room and lounge creates an atmosphere of fun casual dining. Sky opened in Sudbury, Massachusetts in October 1997. Sky's mission was to create a city-style restaurant in the suburbs that offered a contemporary, innovative menu with friendly, professional service in a casual, yet sophisticated ambiance. The tremendous success of the first Sky prompted the opening of the second Sky in Norwood, Massachusetts in June 2002. Now open almost seven years, Sky in Norwood has enhanced our reputation for quality, sophisticated dining in the suburbs. 2007 prompted the opening of our 3rd restaurant: 3-Restaurant located in Franklin, Massachusetts eat*drink*celebrate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Sky reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (33)romantic (33)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (27)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Outstanding BrunchNorwoodMikeDined on 9/14/2014After living in Norwood for 4 years, we finally made it to the Sunday Brunch, and well...what the heck was I waiting for? The brunch is fantastic. Bloody Mary Bar. Egg Station. Carving Station. 2 types of Bacon/Sausage/Eggs/Home Fries, A Chocolate Fountain, Antipasto, Mussels, Chicken Parm...and there is more that could be listed. The service was fantastic as well. Even though it was a buffet, the servers were attentive, never an empty beverage glass or lingering empty plate. The indoor waterfall makes you feel that you are not off route 1 and in a high end restaurant in downtown Boston or Providence. It may be a little pricey, but it was well worth the money. I plan on going every few months for a little indulgence...you should too.Special Features:
- Delicious!Kmb617Dined on 9/5/2014It was our first date night out since having our baby - and it was my husband's birthday! Our waiters (one on training) respected that by making sure our service was quick without rushing us. Food was delicious as always. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiancereach4theskyDined on 8/28/2014Would definitely come here again. The lobster mac and cheese is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty foodkdubs207Dined on 8/28/2014I went to Sky with my girlfriend on the 28th. We went because we saw an advertisement for a music night filled with Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble. We were disappointed that the music was not playing while we were there (around 7pm) but the food was great! The chicken parm was perfect. I just wish they would have advertised a time for the event so we could have been there for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnerArthurGDined on 8/24/2014Went on a summer Sunday night. The restaurant was quite. The food was very good. The service could have been more attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $Acegs23Dined on 8/23/2014Food was ok, service was horrible. For such a pricey place the wait staff should be well-trained.. Our waitress didn't know the answers to any of our questions, and didn't even know was was good on the menu. She kept forgetting things and was a real ditz. Train your staff people! Took forever to get our bottle of wine, bread, etc. and the restaurant was empty! It was Saturday night! Entrees were good. Only came here with a gift certificate thank god!Special Features:
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2014Sky has always been one of my husband and my favourite places to dine. We celebrated our anniversary and we brought our family and friends to attend their shows. We have never been disappointed. They went above and beyond during our last visit. My family was visiting and we went to Sky for Sunday night dinner. We were given the utmost attention. The staff was especially attentive to my 4-year old nephew and 2-year old niece. They were given crayons to pass their time. At the end of the meal, we were all pretty stuffed, but our waiter highlighted that the kids were allowed free dessert. My nephew shouted, "Ice cream! Mango!" They had it! Two large bowls for each of the kids! Very happy kids = very happy adults!Special Features:
- Skyvbs1Dined on 8/9/2014Been to Sky several times over the years. Their brunch is very good. Dinner this visit was excellent. Did not visit the bar - but looked to be very attractive, visible but effectively cut off from the dining area. Manager introduced himself. Our waitress while new was very pleasant and effective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Lobster Special Rocks!Goodnightout99VIPDined on 8/8/2014Don't miss the 2 for $25.99 Friday night Lobster special, food is excellent. Katie our server was great! Friendly, attentive and knows that service makes your experience good or great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014Food is consistently good. Their summer menu is excellent.Special Features:
- LobstersElaineVIPDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful nite....great food,drinks and service. (Nadine)Special Features:
- AmaryllDined on 8/8/2014Gracious staff. Good food. Pleasant atmosphere. Loved the Friday two lobster special.Special Features:
- Wish it were closer.CASEDined on 8/3/2014Sky is 35 miles away from us so we don't go as often as we would were it closer (and not as pricey). The food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendsnowbeeDined on 7/27/2014The menu was pricey and did not deliver enough food to merit the price. a 24 dollar piece of fish was perhaps 3 ounces on rice, no salad and no vegetable. The restaurant seems to be cutting corners but that is just out of line and I won't be returning.Special Features:
- Saturday Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We had a great dinner with our friends. I especially liked the bar area and the service was excellent!
- SkyJfoodloverDined on 7/25/2014Unbelievable meal at a reasonable price. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nana4's take on it...Nana4Dined on 7/19/2014We've dined at Sky many times but it had been a while since our last visit. The atmosphere was lovely,as always, service impeccable and food creative and delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobsters!goodeatsDined on 7/15/2014Went here with a large group. Overall atmosphere was good. Most were disappointed with the food. Lobster was overcooked and pasta under seasonedSpecial Features:
- First visit to Sky2DinewithJayDined on 7/12/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I ha e had in a long time ... Professional wait staff (Ben ) and tremendous food. Our waiter was top notch. I can not wait to go back. Good food and service is rare these days which makes Sky worth every penny !! I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ExperienceBostondinerDined on 7/11/2014We arrived on time for 6:30 reservations on Friday for what was advertised as a twin lobster special. We were seated after first being told that no tables were available. Surprisingly, the dining room was half empty. The waitress told us it would be a long wait for our food because the kitchen was backed up. After about 45 minutes, the waitress said she had good news (our appetizer was almost ready) and bad news (they were out of lobster). She handed me the menu to order something else. Since we came for the lobster, that wouldn't work. We asked for the manager and told him we were leaving - and that we wouldn't pay for our cocktails. It was truly an awful experience. We will not be going back.
- Worst EverfoodcriticDined on 7/11/2014This truly was one of the worst meals and nights I have ever had. The restaurant, at best, was half full, the appetizers took over 45 minutes after we ordered them and the meal another hour. We had 6:30 reservations for a table of 6 and received our dinner at 9 PM. Which, we promptly sent two meals back and asked for the manager. We were told they were having a "bad" night and a staff meeting would be scheduled in the morning as this was unacceptable. TRUE We did receive some meals and dessert on the house, but the experience for us, and most of the tables in the restaurant that night, was horrible. We asked for the meals to go, and off we went never to return. Sorry
- Fourth of July weekendDatenightdinersDined on 7/6/2014We dined here on the Sunday after the Fourth of July. We were the only table except for one other that was finishing their dinner. Seemed strange. The food was delicious. The service was good. All in all a above average restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MicheDined on 6/27/2014So many choices! Fantastic food at a reasonable price. Lobster pizza was phenomenal!Special Features:
- An Exciting MenuBDdinners2VIPDined on 6/27/2014Sky offers a wonderfully diverse menu with a combination of interesting tastes and choices. The baja egg rolls are outstanding appertizer and the Friday night special [two one and a quarter poind lobsters ] can make a very happy dinner. The servers are welcoming and helpful in explaning the menu and preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait staff were super friendyexperiencewasdevine007Dined on 6/22/2014Was the perfect experience for my wife and I. My 16 month daughter also enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodjicoDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day and the service was excellent. There were four of us who had different meals and all were very pleased.Special Features:
- Everything was greatHeather67Dined on 6/15/2014Took my Dad to Sky for Father's Day. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Great find!SarahDined on 6/15/2014My parents and I came here for the first time on Father's Day for brunch and were very pleased with the whole experience. The food was great with the right portions and variety and so was the service. I really liked the ambience; there was a jazz band playing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We went for the oyster special in the bar and the lobster special in the dining room. All exceeded our expectations. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoJoDined on 6/1/2014We were celebrating my daughter's high school graduation. Food was excellent and our waitress was very attentive. She even brought our dessert with candles which made my daughter happy.Special Features:
- Great birthday brunch!DivineDineDined on 6/1/2014Sky Restaurant's brunch service was truly a delight. I came here with friends for my birthday and was seated right by the beautiful waterfall. The food selection for brunch was over the top amazing. So many options and delicious choices. Our waitress was really amazing she made sure we had everything we needed. The decor was fabulous and so relaxing. I will definitely return and recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/1/2014Love the good food and the Bloody Mary bar. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2014This was my first time visiting Sky and I'd heard so many great things about the place. It was worth going with my girls! The service was fantastic and the food was on point! You gotta go at least once!Special Features:
- Date NightDatenightDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I recently went to Sky for our date night. Overall, it was a good experience. Our server was very pleasant, however I thought the service was extremely slow. On a night out you don't want to be rushed, but it seemed to take forever to get the basics- water, our orders taken, etc. the biggest dissapointment was my cocktail. I ordered the white sangria, which was barely drinkable. Our apps were great. We had the lobster and sirloin sliders. I had the shrimp and scallops, and my husband had the swordfish. Both meals were great. We spilt the chicolate fondue, and we both really enjoyed it. All in all it was a nice evening out, and we'd go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 852 reviews are from the Sky reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014A very nice restaurant. The service was exceptional. Barney our server was outstanding. He took the time to explain the items on the menu, and just could not do enough to ensure the dinner was what we wanted it to be. The menu had something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightThinkGadgetDined on 5/16/2014I have aways liked Sky for the atmosphere and the great menu. Took my wife there for her birthday and had had a great time.Special Features:
- My reviewFoodieDined on 5/15/2014The food was good and service was wonderful. I find the restaurant overwhelmingly big, since it was a quiet night. All in all good experience. Very accommodating to people with special food issues.Special Features:
- Not the best experienceAlexmagDined on 5/11/2014I've had nice experiences at Sky but Mother's Day was disappointing.we arrive all together, the hosts told us they'd seat us in 2 min but then proceeded to sit 4 or 5 table instead. when at least 3 of these parties arrived after us. I went to inquire and they asked if my 4 th had arrived. (we all walked in together) We finally were seated but had to wait 5 minutes more for our server. The server assistant came first to get us water after seeing no one had greeted our table and also helped because my husband was without a place setting and water glass. We sat for 5 minutes in the corner by a busy server station where they were loudly joking and carrying on and no one made an effort to serve us. Food and server were nice after a bad start.Special Features:
- Country Buffet plus a raw barOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014I attended the Mother's Day Dinner buffet and the food was awful. I had the prol tenderloin stuffed with I am not quite sure and I had to spit it out into my napkin. They had crab on the raw bar thatw as frozen and flavorless. The dessert were dry. The only good item was the short rib ravioli which they kept running out of. This was worst than the worst vegas buffet. Only the price tag of $288.00 for four adults differentiates this buffet from any other subpar buffet you would get in vegas.
- Best brunch everMinimomDined on 5/11/2014I can not say enough about the Sky Brunch. I had my husband's surprise birthday party there last year. It was a huge success. The food was amazing, great choices, great service. They do not rush you out of there. We went back this year for Mother's Day. It was awesome. Can't wait to go back. Also great for dinner or just for drinks and appetizers in the lounge. I would give Sky ten stars if I could.Special Features: