226 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skipjacks.com/
- Phone: 5085432200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew C. Wilkinson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Peter Dowd 508-543-2200
- Entertainment: Bo Winiker Orchestra every Sunday during Brunch.
A word from Skipjack's Foxboro
Located at Patriot Place with views of Gillette Stadium. Skipjack's has devoted itself to importing the freshest seafood from around the world and offering it at the best prices in town. Skipjack's is a local favorite. Enjoy a Boston dining experience in the Foxboro suburbs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skipjack's Foxboro reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)special occasion (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good Place for an eveningJDUBDined on 10/8/2014Enjoyed the total experience. The service was excellent and the food was equally as good!Special Features:
- OKnextimeDined on 9/27/2014Service was good as was the ambience. The food was lackluster and middle of the road.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood at its basic bestMartysmomVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fresh, unadorned seafood is what I to go Skipjack's for and I am never disappointed. Lovely oysters and the seafood Cobb Salad are my go-to dishes. Great assortment of seafood that you can get broiled - very hard to find these days - and in a variety other ways. Basics like lobster bisque, clam chowder and lobster rolls are also great. Of course, you can get fancier dishes, too, if that's your preference. Service was good and attentive, but hard to hear the wait staff due to high noise levels. Enjoy the outdoor seating while you can!Special Features:
- Great MealtbargesDined on 8/2/2014We have never had anything but a great meal at Skipjacks Foxboro. Peter the manager is always welcoming and treats you as you are a guest at his home. We love dining out at Skipjacks when ever possibleSpecial Features:
- TastycrazeejennyDined on 8/1/2014I enjoyed the sushi and the tenderloin and lobster ravioli special. Tenderloin could have been cooked better but this is a fish restaurant. Wine list and special on Stags Leap Chardonnay also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been betterSusieDined on 8/1/2014Usually a booth is a desirable seat, but this one was in a straight line between the kitchen (could see all the work being done by the staff) and the bathroom, in other words not great. Also was in a very dark corner. Surprised by 1/2 off appetizers which were wonderful. Baja tacos were very good. Surf and turf disappointing. Steak over cooked compared with that requested. Shrimp tasted awful. Waiter said it was the "spice" put on them, but to our taste that wasn't it. They tasted previously frozen and likely bad. Couldn't eat them at all. Gave us a strawberry shortencake in compensation which was tasty. Have had better at this location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- we enjoyed our dinnerMICKEYBDined on 7/31/2014ALL FOOD WAS SERVED BEAUTIFULLY AND PREPARED TO PERFECTIONSpecial Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014Hit Skipjack's for lunch while at Patriots training camp. Waiter was great, live music was cool, and the food was delicious. Lobster rolls for the wife and I, and mac and cheese for the little guy.Special Features:
- Nice eveningDiningDivaDined on 7/26/2014Sitting outside, we had a nice view of Patriot Place, and being tucked into the corner, it didn't feel as though we were on the street. The wait staff was very attentive and paced the drinks and food perfectly. The food was plentiful and very tasty. The mussels were especially good. Very nice evening and the best for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Jazz BrunchD6AlexDined on 7/20/2014The food, service and jazz were all excellent! The crab cakes with eggs (skipjack's) were really perfect. Nice clean modern decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go theredfor50VIPDined on 7/17/2014How can you talk about a horrible meal... I ordered lobster, my wife ordered lobster salad, my son in law ordered a steak and my daughter ordered sushi.Not one meal was good.. the lobster was the pits, the sushi was terrible and the steak went back two times.... on top of all this the server was snide and rude. Could you ask for anything more? Of course you could, don't go back EVER!
- Surprisingly goodPugmomDined on 7/13/2014I didn't have high expectations for some reason so i was pleasantly surprised. We were a particularly annoying table with special requests for drinks and menu changes. It wasn't all that crowded, which probably had something to do with it, but every request was filled cheerfully and accurately. The food was obviously fresh, not frozen, and we all enjoyed it - especially the visiting former New Englanders who just had to have lobster. I can't imagine what this place is like on a game day but I'd go back again on any other day!Special Features:
- Always a great place!NewcomerVIPDined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed the food, the service was good. We sat outside, but it was very windy.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceroboDined on 6/29/2014I requested a certain table, which was provided. Comfortable and quiet it was a lovely brunch with a great jazz group in the background. Food was delicious and hot and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutPM30Dined on 6/28/2014Went to dinner with 5, warm night, sat outside,perfect atmosphere, relaxed, service and food were excellent. Waiter was outstanding, checking on us and updating kitchen and bar were running slow. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's all about the fishromanDined on 6/27/2014to eat here, you better love fish. 90% of menu is fish. I, personally love it. I would however, like to suggest some type of sampler app, entree or make your own combination kind of a thing. their menu rarely changes and doesn't usually have lunch specials.Special Features:
- The following 664 reviews are from the Skipjack's Foxboro reviews archive.
- DelicJaimeDined on 6/19/2014Nice to have delicious fish in foxbourough. Enjoyed have a projection screen of the soccer game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a good place butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014Hi. We go to skipjacks usually every few weeks. We decided to go for a quick sit down lunch. It took so long we had to take it to go. We love to go here and this is not the usual experience but for this time it was disappointing to have to take my food back to work to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patriot Place diningnickVIPDined on 5/27/2014Patriot Place is very large and the entrances can be confusing when looking for Skipjacks for those who have not been there before. The restaurant is not easily seen from the parking lots and it is hard to find parking close to it for anyone who cannot walk long distances. The TV projection on the wall overhead in the dining room can be distracting, so it is important to ask for another table if that will be a problem. Nevertheless, once there, the food and the service are good and Patriot Place can be a reasonable location for groups coming from different directions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Servers were very attentive but not annoying. This was an evening when very few patrons were in the restaurant because it was Memorial Day weekend, so it was not necessarily a typical basis upon which to judge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was great! The service was good - albeit a bit slow and I didn't feel we were checked on. Not a huge deal - but something we all noticed. Everything was clean, bright and the atmosphere is nice.Special Features:
- BleakUpforwhateverDined on 5/11/2014At 8:00 on a weekend they were out of a bunch of items including chicken and bread! Really? It was dirty and we were seated in this room that looks like it was from the Soviet Union.
- Don't go on event days.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Don't go there on an event day, they ran out of almost everything , even breadSpecial Features:
- Early Mother's Day DinnerLemondrop3Dined on 5/11/2014We made reservations for 4:30 pm on Mother's Day and the number of items already off the list was far too great to start the dinner time rush. We were not offered kid's menus (there were three under 12), so I presumed they did not have them, until another table was offered them. We like to order appetizers, so a kids meal would have been plenty of food. Although the mixed drinks are made well, they are very weak for the price. Either lower the price or make them worth the price. In general, the food is good, but when the bill came, I felt a bit cheated.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/10/2014The large seafood extravaganza was awesome, fresh and delicious. My wife absolutely loved her wasabi salmon entree. My son really liked his calamari and the seared tuna sashimi. Our waiter went all out to make sure we were all pleased with our food.
- Skipjacks FoxboroBusguyDined on 5/10/2014Very nice for lunch. Varied lunch menu reasonably priced. Overall enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 5/9/2014SHRIMP APPETIZER WAS WAY OVER COOKED ONLY REASON FOR 4 STARS. THE REST OF THE DINNER WAS EXCELLANTSpecial Features:
- Horrible from start to finishdldegsDined on 5/4/2014Jazz brunch on Sunday: starts off being seated in an empty restaurant right next to server station and emergency door, menu was limited but wasn't posted on line for advance review, server couldn't remember who ordered what and food and beverages came out at different times throughout including two meals which were at least five minutes behind the other three, and food quality including the fish meal was below average. They shouldn't be in the business of Sunday brunch.
- Entrees are excellent!CaseyDined on 4/26/2014The swordfish dinner my wife had and the Skipjack's combination that I had were bot excellent meals. As noted the food is outstanding and the only concern I have is that it is a little loud in the restaurant. I can overlook the noise especially where the food is so good.
- Easter DinnerDimplesDined on 4/20/2014The crab cakes dinner was excellent. I couldn't eat both on my plate due to the huge size and very fresh tasting. The waitress was attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4sonsDined on 4/20/2014Skip Jacks still remains to be our all time favorite place to eat. The food,service and staff is always incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of Food Not GreatNormDined on 4/9/2014The quality of our food was not great. The artic char was cold and the clams casino were too large - they should be petite. The sea bass was a good dish.
- I felt service and food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014I felt service and food was good. My only issue was the jazz band was too loud. It was hard to have conversation and we were far from band. They need to lower the speakers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchAnnieKDined on 3/30/2014We went there in a small group for the Jazz Brunch, and were not disappointed. The Shane Wood Trio was superb, and we lingered until they finished their set. It was perfect, and we will return. Will also check out their Boston location for brunch as well. Food was quite good, and our waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday PartyKobikDined on 3/24/2014Patriot Place is about half way between our hoome and my sister's so we meet at differebt restaurants several times a year. It was my sister's birthday so we met there and decided to try Skipjacks. Had a very enjoyable meal and time there. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great fresh fish. Went toHeidiVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great fresh fish. Went to grab an early dinner at 5:30 on a Saturday and the place was hopping. The service was excellent and we were seated right away depsite the crowded house. We were a party of three and every dish was excellent. Looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/12/2014Went for my Husband's birthday with our 2 kids. Great time, great service, always a great meal! Love the pear martinis too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sea BassSmalltalker65Dined on 3/4/2014Although the crab cakes weren't too shabby either. And I have often found the scallops, Skip Jack style to be one of my favorites as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't go backluv2eatDined on 2/28/2014this was our second visit. we did not like this restaurant on our first visit- but felt that may have been because we went soon after they opened. Portion were WAY too small for the money. I got the grilled combo (shrimp, swordfish, crab cake) and i went home starving. I had gotten the same basic meal at legal seafood last week, and it was so much better! At legal, it came with a salad - at Skipjacks it came with some horrible wilted spinach loaded with garlic. my husband got broiled scrod - nothing with it. he got the horrible spinach, too. (No rice, fries, salad....nothing.) Our bill with tip was $80. the only things purchased beside our meal, were one chowder and one soda.
- BrunchBdinesalotDined on 2/16/2014The whole family went for Sunday Brunch - we all enjoyed it very much. If I had one small criticism - seemed like the cinnamon french toast could have been toasted less - it was still very good - we had a great time. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.