226 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skipjacks.com/
- Phone: (508) 543-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew C. Wilkinson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Peter Dowd 508-543-2200
- Entertainment: Bo Winiker Orchestra every Sunday during Brunch.
A word from Skipjack's Foxboro
Located at Patriot Place with views of Gillette Stadium. Skipjack's has devoted itself to importing the freshest seafood from around the world and offering it at the best prices in town. Skipjack's is a local favorite. Enjoy a Boston dining experience in the Foxboro suburbs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skipjack's Foxboro reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- An unexpected surprise, outstandingResoluteVIPDined on 7/19/2013An unexpected surprise, outstanding fish tacos & oysters...Special Features:
- Big draw, decent meal, slow servicejaymDined on 7/16/2013We visited the Skipjack's at Patriots Place in Foxboro, MA on a sweltering July Tuesday evening. Thanks to OpenTable we were seated immediately in the requested booth, despite the current 30 minute wait. The Mahi Mahi and Cod were good quality and prepared well, decent portions. However, the server disappeared after inital visit to the table and seemed unable to keep up with the evening's volume. As a result, sides seemed to have cooled, fish was still warm. The server also seemed to push wine by the bottle, although we chose a single glass each. I told him we had work in the morning and were consuming light. Overall good but this place seems to draw the crowds, no matter what day of the week. Might be understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in nice surroundingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2013Very bright and cheerful interior with wonderfully attentive staff. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at a fish restaurant?FFF333Dined on 7/7/2013Did you know that Skip Jacks has a wonderful Brunch menu and jazz band on Sundays? All the traditional brunch Selections, awesome cocktails, plus amazing Skip Jack's fish cooked to perfection. My son even ordered sushi as he is not a Huge fan if traditional breakfast foods. Who would have thought of. brunch at a fish Restraunt. Try it you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low Key eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2013Went early so that we could make a movie. It was relaxed, enjoyable and delicious.
- Had a great reunion with aMaryEllenDined on 6/29/2013Had a great reunion with a friend for dinner. Server was very attentive, food was fabulous. Had the blackened salmon, green beans and mashed potato. My friend had the wasabi dish and loved it. Started off with delicious, fresh sushi. Drink (marguerita) was tiny though, for the price. Otherwise the evening was great.Special Features:
- Amazing time!YumsterDined on 6/16/2013I can't say enough about my experience at Skipjack's for Father's Day in Foxboro. The food, staff and jazz band was unbelievable and a time to be remembered by all! It was family friendly, yet romantic as well. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013I came here with my family for Father's day, and hadn't realized there would be a band playing in the restaurant. It was nice to have live music, but at 12:45, it was a little louder than I would have preferred. We could have a conversation for the most part, but it was loud enough that everyone needed to speak up. Other than that, the food was good. I don't think anyone had complaints, the food had a nice presentation, and our waitress was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchLisaKBDined on 6/16/2013I had never been to Skipjack's before and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food and pricing for the most part. The brunch menu offers seafood dishes and a few breakfast items like french toast. During brunch they have a jazz band performing. They were quite talented but a little too loud. We sat off to the side of the band and the noise level wasn't as bad had we sat in the front of the restaurant. Seating is also available outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came here for father'sReneeDined on 6/15/2013We came here for father's day. Even though the menu was limited that day. Everyone was able to find something they wanted. There was live music playing, which we enjoyed. (It was a little chaotic because of families with young children however, no reflection on the restaurant. Really not a place to take your children if you can not keep them in their seats.) Otherwise we enjoyed our food and most important "Dad" got exactly what he wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and steak!goingoutDined on 6/12/2013Skipjack's is a great seafood place but they do make a delicious steak for beef lovers! Also, they were very accomodating in preparing what you wanted - I asked for scallops on my caesar salad which they were more than happy to do ( really good!) My daughter switched roasted potatoes for mashed - not a problem and they if you ask for a small side salad with the meal they will do that too (their menu salads are big). Staff is attentive and they work well together. One thing I always appreciate is if the manager/ owner stops by the table to make sure you enjoyed everything, which he did. Just shows that they care about the reputation of the restaurant. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2/5 star value for moneyJohnDined on 6/11/2013Poor value for money. Too much butter in entree. Shrimps smaller than expected.
- Absolutely Great food and service!GreatdiningismyaimDined on 6/9/2013I took my dad out for dinner and what a great choice SkipJack's was for us. The gingered Sea Bass was delicious and my Dad had the SkipJack combination, which offered shrimp, crab cake, and swordfish. Everything was cooked to perfection, very fresh, and timely. Our waiter checked in frequently and made some very good recommendations. We even had dessert, which was also amazing. It's worth paying a little extra. Can't wait to go again?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about our experienceFoodieDined on 6/9/2013Everything about our experience was good, but had to ask for cutlery at each phase of our meal as well as salt and pepper.Special Features:
- Great seafood, loud restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2013Skipjacks offers fresh, well prepared seafood. The menu doesn't contain a huge variety of options, but there are several types of fish that you can order in a variety of preparations. Our table had grilled swordfish, frutti di mar and blackened scallops. All very very good. Also a caesar salad which looked nice enough. The veggies accompanying the fish were not prepared as well as the fish - but of course you don't go to Skipjack's for the veggies. Server was not great, but support staff were helpful with kids drink refills. My only real complaint is that I find this restaurant to be very loud, diminishing the quality of the experience.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2013Food was great. We had the calamari, Rhode Island style and it was very good. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was nice. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around ExcellentPasquaBDined on 5/19/2013Service was great. Food fantastic hough a bit pricey.Dinner for two, with wine, was over$#100.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant or sports bar?MrMikeDined on 5/18/2013The food and service were excellent, but the room was louder than average and a huge TV screen dominated the ambience. This would be a great place for a boisterous group, sports fans or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Skipjacks for Mother'sPeterDined on 5/12/2013We went to Skipjacks for Mother's day. The food was great. Given the different ages and tastes in our group of four everyone was very satisfied and happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall positive dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Overall positive dining experience. Ambient noise level high made hearing waitress a challenge. Music level at times was too loud!Special Features:
- SkipJack's is one of the betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2013SkipJack's is one of the better restaurants at Patriot Place but food was subpar. On prior visits here we ate the lobster rolls which are great but the haddock which was supposed to have crabmeat stuffing only had breadcrumbs (maybe a crab walked over the breadcrumbs before the food was prepared) The mahi mahi was dry and overcooked and the whole dish with Asian stirfry was way too salty. As with all the restaurants at Patriot Place the price is very high. You are paying for the privilege of dining near events at Gillette Stadium. So far in several trips to this restaurant, I can only recommend choosing their lobster rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night at SkipjacksCatherineprovVIPDined on 5/8/2013The restaurant is good not great. We used to come more often before games but nothing really changes on the menu here so nothing new and exciting. We asked about specials and there were none. If you look at the appetizer options it's mainly all fried. Fried calamari, fried coconut shrimp, fried chicken wings. We did like our entrees which were Wasabi Crusted Salmon and the seafood pasta. The salmon came with stir fried vegetables. We had 2 beers 2 glasses of wine an app and 2 entrees and our bill including tip was $113. It's very micro managed with all the wine and drinks being measured. The service was efficient. No questions lasted but taking our order and getting us what we needed. We will probably go back but not as often as we used to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTION !!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/29/2013While Skipjacks has been around for a while, my husband and I just discovered this hidden gem at the beginning of this year. Sad to say, but when there was a long wait at some other restaurants at Patriot Place we ended up here by default. It is now our FAVORITE restaurant and our FIRST CHOICE, by far!! We are most happy to encourage everyone else to to crowd into the other loud and noisy restaurants and pay for over-priced mediocre food. We will continue to enjoy fabulous food, outstanding service and enjoy the wonderful ambience at Skipjacks in Foxboro.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2013One of the best restaurants at Patriot Place for dinig before or after an event at Gillette Stadium. Best lobster roll in greater Boston area.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013The overall experience was very good. My only complaint would be that the restaurant should not serve a good bottle of Sancerre at room tempurature.
- Disappointed in our trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2013Disappointed in our trip to Skipjacks....our drinks took forever - we got our salads first...food was good, but overall price/value/quality - thought it was pricy. Won't rush back...
- I was very disappointed. IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013I was very disappointed. I viewed their brunch menu online and was looking forward their Easter Brunch. After we were seated, we were told that for Easter they only had a limited brunch menu (we weren't thrilled with the limited options offered) and could only look at the inside of their regular menu (front and back pages were not available where their lunch menu happen to be). I would never go their for Easter Brunch again.
- Staff made our Easter Brunch great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013The staff was wonderful. My eggs were not cooked to order so they re-did them. The waitress actually was the one who made sure they cooked them right as I wasn't going to say anything. To compensate the error, they treated our family to a giant dessert filled with chocolate mousse. It was a nice way to spend our Easter brunch.Special Features:
- The staff was was friendly.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The staff was was friendly. The Manager took time to get me and my wife complimentary champagne for our anniversary. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- This was our second time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013This was our second time eating here and again the food and service was excellent. We have made it a yearly visit for a weekend sway and will continue doing so. EXCELLENT SEAFOOD!!!Special Features:
- It's a bit pricey, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2013It's a bit pricey, and the menu is very limited, but they do a nice job with what they have to offer. I've been there a couple times and enjoyed it both times.Special Features:
- We have a daughter with CeliacOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/26/2013We have a daughter with Celiac and on a gluten free diet who was celebrating her birthday here. The team at Skipjack's is great and they took great care of her. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Thanks for making it a great experience. We've dined her multiple times and will keep coming backSpecial Features:
- Disappointing meal, otherjoyboyVIPDined on 3/24/2013Disappointing meal, other than soups - enjoyed the clam chowder and seafood minestrone. The lobster in the lobster salad plate was lacking in flavor, the tuna was similarly unremarkable and its accompanying sushi rice had no sauce. Oh well.
- Service was great. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Service was great. Food was outstanding! Generous portions.Special Features:
- Skipjack's is quite average.FreshIsBestVIPDined on 3/3/2013Skipjack's is quite average. The dinners were fresh and well cooked but somewhat unimaginative. Definitely not the WOW factor. I would recommend the restaurant if you're at Patriot Place - probably the best choice - Davio's is overpriced and disappointing. I don't think I would go out of my way to visit Skpjack's but for a nice meal after the movies or while visiting the complex, it's a good choice.
- As always the food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013As always the food was great! But the table for six that we were sat at is lacking.Special Features:
- Very pleased Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Very pleased Great place and area to spend the nightSpecial Features:
- Fish was very fresh, cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013Fish was very fresh, cooked just right and very tasty.Special Features:
- Waiter was professional:OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013Waiter was professional: polite, attentive, all I appreciate in service.
- The staff was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2013The staff was fantastic. Our waiter, Johnny was a great host and had a great personality. The food was a major disappointment after the apps. I had the salmon with wasabi crust and it was a fair piece of fish with a mass of green breadcrumbs versus any wasabi at all. The dish had ZERO wasabi flavor and the veggies were way over cooked and sloppy. After the amazing crab cakes and calamari to start the visit, I was looking forward to an equally amazing main dish but was extremely disappointed in the over priced and under flavored meal. Had we been there for only some appetizers, 5 stars. However, it is the whole meal that is being reviewed and fantastic staff out front can't make up for under performing main entrees from the kitchen.Special Features: