226 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skipjacks.com/
- Phone: 5085432200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew C. Wilkinson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Peter Dowd 508-543-2200
- Entertainment: Bo Winiker Orchestra every Sunday during Brunch.
A word from Skipjack's Foxboro
Located at Patriot Place with views of Gillette Stadium. Skipjack's has devoted itself to importing the freshest seafood from around the world and offering it at the best prices in town. Skipjack's is a local favorite. Enjoy a Boston dining experience in the Foxboro suburbs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skipjack's Foxboro reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (9)special occasion (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Absolutely Great food and service!GreatdiningismyaimDined on 6/9/2013I took my dad out for dinner and what a great choice SkipJack's was for us. The gingered Sea Bass was delicious and my Dad had the SkipJack combination, which offered shrimp, crab cake, and swordfish. Everything was cooked to perfection, very fresh, and timely. Our waiter checked in frequently and made some very good recommendations. We even had dessert, which was also amazing. It's worth paying a little extra. Can't wait to go again?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about our experienceFoodieDined on 6/9/2013Everything about our experience was good, but had to ask for cutlery at each phase of our meal as well as salt and pepper.Special Features:
- Great seafood, loud restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2013Skipjacks offers fresh, well prepared seafood. The menu doesn't contain a huge variety of options, but there are several types of fish that you can order in a variety of preparations. Our table had grilled swordfish, frutti di mar and blackened scallops. All very very good. Also a caesar salad which looked nice enough. The veggies accompanying the fish were not prepared as well as the fish - but of course you don't go to Skipjack's for the veggies. Server was not great, but support staff were helpful with kids drink refills. My only real complaint is that I find this restaurant to be very loud, diminishing the quality of the experience.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2013Food was great. We had the calamari, Rhode Island style and it was very good. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was nice. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around ExcellentPasquaBDined on 5/19/2013Service was great. Food fantastic hough a bit pricey.Dinner for two, with wine, was over$#100.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant or sports bar?MrMikeDined on 5/18/2013The food and service were excellent, but the room was louder than average and a huge TV screen dominated the ambience. This would be a great place for a boisterous group, sports fans or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Skipjacks for Mother'sPeterDined on 5/12/2013We went to Skipjacks for Mother's day. The food was great. Given the different ages and tastes in our group of four everyone was very satisfied and happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall positive dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Overall positive dining experience. Ambient noise level high made hearing waitress a challenge. Music level at times was too loud!Special Features:
- SkipJack's is one of the betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2013SkipJack's is one of the better restaurants at Patriot Place but food was subpar. On prior visits here we ate the lobster rolls which are great but the haddock which was supposed to have crabmeat stuffing only had breadcrumbs (maybe a crab walked over the breadcrumbs before the food was prepared) The mahi mahi was dry and overcooked and the whole dish with Asian stirfry was way too salty. As with all the restaurants at Patriot Place the price is very high. You are paying for the privilege of dining near events at Gillette Stadium. So far in several trips to this restaurant, I can only recommend choosing their lobster rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night at SkipjacksCatherineprovVIPDined on 5/8/2013The restaurant is good not great. We used to come more often before games but nothing really changes on the menu here so nothing new and exciting. We asked about specials and there were none. If you look at the appetizer options it's mainly all fried. Fried calamari, fried coconut shrimp, fried chicken wings. We did like our entrees which were Wasabi Crusted Salmon and the seafood pasta. The salmon came with stir fried vegetables. We had 2 beers 2 glasses of wine an app and 2 entrees and our bill including tip was $113. It's very micro managed with all the wine and drinks being measured. The service was efficient. No questions lasted but taking our order and getting us what we needed. We will probably go back but not as often as we used to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTION !!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/29/2013While Skipjacks has been around for a while, my husband and I just discovered this hidden gem at the beginning of this year. Sad to say, but when there was a long wait at some other restaurants at Patriot Place we ended up here by default. It is now our FAVORITE restaurant and our FIRST CHOICE, by far!! We are most happy to encourage everyone else to to crowd into the other loud and noisy restaurants and pay for over-priced mediocre food. We will continue to enjoy fabulous food, outstanding service and enjoy the wonderful ambience at Skipjacks in Foxboro.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2013One of the best restaurants at Patriot Place for dinig before or after an event at Gillette Stadium. Best lobster roll in greater Boston area.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013The overall experience was very good. My only complaint would be that the restaurant should not serve a good bottle of Sancerre at room tempurature.
- Disappointed in our trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2013Disappointed in our trip to Skipjacks....our drinks took forever - we got our salads first...food was good, but overall price/value/quality - thought it was pricy. Won't rush back...
- I was very disappointed. IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013I was very disappointed. I viewed their brunch menu online and was looking forward their Easter Brunch. After we were seated, we were told that for Easter they only had a limited brunch menu (we weren't thrilled with the limited options offered) and could only look at the inside of their regular menu (front and back pages were not available where their lunch menu happen to be). I would never go their for Easter Brunch again.
- Staff made our Easter Brunch great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013The staff was wonderful. My eggs were not cooked to order so they re-did them. The waitress actually was the one who made sure they cooked them right as I wasn't going to say anything. To compensate the error, they treated our family to a giant dessert filled with chocolate mousse. It was a nice way to spend our Easter brunch.Special Features:
- The staff was was friendly.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The staff was was friendly. The Manager took time to get me and my wife complimentary champagne for our anniversary. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- This was our second time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013This was our second time eating here and again the food and service was excellent. We have made it a yearly visit for a weekend sway and will continue doing so. EXCELLENT SEAFOOD!!!Special Features:
- It's a bit pricey, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2013It's a bit pricey, and the menu is very limited, but they do a nice job with what they have to offer. I've been there a couple times and enjoyed it both times.Special Features:
- We have a daughter with CeliacOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/26/2013We have a daughter with Celiac and on a gluten free diet who was celebrating her birthday here. The team at Skipjack's is great and they took great care of her. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Thanks for making it a great experience. We've dined her multiple times and will keep coming backSpecial Features:
- Disappointing meal, otherjoyboyVIPDined on 3/24/2013Disappointing meal, other than soups - enjoyed the clam chowder and seafood minestrone. The lobster in the lobster salad plate was lacking in flavor, the tuna was similarly unremarkable and its accompanying sushi rice had no sauce. Oh well.
- Service was great. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Service was great. Food was outstanding! Generous portions.Special Features:
- Skipjack's is quite average.FreshIsBestVIPDined on 3/3/2013Skipjack's is quite average. The dinners were fresh and well cooked but somewhat unimaginative. Definitely not the WOW factor. I would recommend the restaurant if you're at Patriot Place - probably the best choice - Davio's is overpriced and disappointing. I don't think I would go out of my way to visit Skpjack's but for a nice meal after the movies or while visiting the complex, it's a good choice.
- As always the food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013As always the food was great! But the table for six that we were sat at is lacking.Special Features:
- Very pleased Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Very pleased Great place and area to spend the nightSpecial Features:
- Fish was very fresh, cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013Fish was very fresh, cooked just right and very tasty.Special Features:
- Waiter was professional:OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013Waiter was professional: polite, attentive, all I appreciate in service.
- The staff was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2013The staff was fantastic. Our waiter, Johnny was a great host and had a great personality. The food was a major disappointment after the apps. I had the salmon with wasabi crust and it was a fair piece of fish with a mass of green breadcrumbs versus any wasabi at all. The dish had ZERO wasabi flavor and the veggies were way over cooked and sloppy. After the amazing crab cakes and calamari to start the visit, I was looking forward to an equally amazing main dish but was extremely disappointed in the over priced and under flavored meal. Had we been there for only some appetizers, 5 stars. However, it is the whole meal that is being reviewed and fantastic staff out front can't make up for under performing main entrees from the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Place to dine anytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/17/2013We had been here once before for drinks only and loved the service and atmosphere, so I brought my boyfriend back here for his birthday dinner and we had a fantastic time again! We both ordered fish and it was quite fresh and cooked to perfection! I was not a huge fan of the desert menu, although they looked good I'm a simpleton when it comes to deserts and these were too complicated. Our server was fantastic and very attentive without stalking :)Special Features:
- Delicious seafood! A bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Delicious seafood! A bit pricey but worth the experience. Interested in going back for brunch.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2013I had never been to this restaurant. I was not sure what to order. I decided on the swordfish. It was amazing. I received a warm welcome when I arrived and the hosts knew right away whom I was meeting ....just a wonderful experience all around. Can't wait to go back .Special Features:
- Easy to locate. Close parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Easy to locate. Close parking and free! We were late but they held a reservation for six. Front end and wait staff were as nice and attentive as one could hope for. Manager stopped by to check on us. Everyone raved about food. Mostly seafood but told steak was good. Left very very full. Will go back. Dessert choices limited
- The service was over the topOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2013The service was over the top and the food was great! It was out first time there and will be going soon.Special Features:
- We frequently dine here becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/1/2013We frequently dine here because the food is good but we also have a 4year old with Celiac and they pay special attention to gluten free preparation and food. Always a good time and the service is great.
- Took my family to Skipjack'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Took my family to Skipjack's formChristmas Eve. Food was excellent; waitress was very attentive. Great time!Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012The food was delicious and the staff even better! :)Special Features:
- The food was quite good (weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2012The food was quite good (we had the fish & chips and sugar waffles for brunch) but the ambiance was so bad, I wouldn't recommend anyone go there. They had a live jazz band, which in theory is wonderful, but it was so loud, we all had to shout across the table all through brunch. We thought we would finally get some relief when the band went on break but the music playing over the speakers was even louder! We asked the wait staff if they could turn it down at all and the manager said that the music was already on the "lower setting" as if volume isn't continuous on their system. We all left brunch feeling frustrated instead of refreshed.
- Sat close to the bar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Sat close to the bar area with a large flat screen facing us not the greates ambiance would request another table if we return. Food and service was good.
- My husband and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012My husband and I have been to Skipjacks a few times. It's always been a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Food was somewhat flat andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/9/2012Food was somewhat flat and uninspiring. Portions were unusually small and fish tacos were close to room temp.