199 Clarendon St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skipjacks.com/
- Phone: 6175363500x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeff Senior
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Party with us! Let our experts help you celebrate hassle free. We can create a menu and atmosphere perfect for your party needs. From family parties to corporate events, your place or ours, we eagerly await your call.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Barnhart 6175363500x
- Entertainment: Live jazz brunch every Sunday at Skipjack's! The Winiker's offer top quality jazz with their quartet. Skipjack's offers an acoustically favorable room and delicious brunch fare to make every Sunday memorable. Starts at 10am every Sunday!
- Cross Street: Boylston & St James
- Public Transit: We are walking distance from both the Back Bay Station(orange line and commuter rail) and the Copley T(green line).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer two hour free parking in our building anytime after 5:00PM. Simply have your parking ticket validated by your server prior to leaving. Enter the underground area on Clarendon or St James.
A word from Skipjack's Boston
Located in the heart of the Back Bay (across the street from Trinity Church). Skipjack's has devoted itself to importing the freshest seafood from around the world and offering it at the best prices in town. Skipjack's is a local favorite. Superb seafood, prime steak and a fresh creative sushi menu. Delicious cocktails and libations with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skipjack's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (24)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Reliably great fishJonBDined on 8/23/2014We've been coming to Skipjack's for years. Its reliably very good with great salads (try the chop chop), great raw bar, good sushi, great fish entrees and fine service. If they had the name recognition of Legals, it would be hard to get in. As it stands, its easy to get a table and the food is great.Special Features:
- Skipjack's BostonjaydeeDined on 8/17/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at SkipJack's. Our server was very friendly and accommodating, the sushi and seafood entrees were terrific, and dessert was outstanding. The Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries was delicious and twice the size one usually sees and the Chocolate Bread Pudding is awesome! We always enjoy going to Skipjack's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Service was excellent, and everyone in our group enjoyed their food. The lobster casserole special I had was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Reasonable SeafoodbernerloverDined on 8/5/2014I travel rarely to Boston from Florida, but I remembered Skipjack's from my 2009 visit. In fact, I ate here and at Atlantic Fish both this trip and in 2009, but recalled only Skipjack from '09 until I found my records. That is very positive for Skipjack's. I ate there twice in 2009 and once this trip. They cheerfully accommodated a group that grew from 2 to 4 to 6, with the last two added only 15 minutes before arriving at the restaurant. The servers were pleasant and prompt, and I really enjoyed the very fresh shellfish. The noise level was modest, so we could talk. Everyone in my group bragged about the food and my choice of the restaurant. They certainly deserve a higher ranking on Trip Advisor than they have currently!Special Features:
- Decent lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/5/2014I ordered the seafood sliders - they were ok. Not fantastic, but a decent meal.
- service ok, food, so soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014While service was good, food was not hot, little ambience.
- Consistently delicious !LuvgoodfoodDined on 7/26/2014The food is always great. I love the chop chop salad, so no matter what else I am getting, I have to have that first. My friend agreed about the food, location and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- A new great seafood findPowell133Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I visit Boston once a year and try a new restaurant each time. Having read other reviews of Skipjack's on Open Table, we decided to try it. It was great! I tried the chef's special which was a grilled striped bass and it was excellent. After advising the server that my wife had an allergy to soy oil, they were quick to point out where soy oil is used in their preparation so she could avoid those items. She had the baked cod and was not disappointed. We will definitely return to Skipjack's the next time we're in Boston.
- Visitor to the CityHarriettMosesDined on 7/21/2014I was in town for a conference at the Sheraton. I ate here once for lunch and came back for dinner. What a nice find. I had the blackened salmon, which I substituted from the chicken offered on the Cobb salad. It was incredible. My dinner meal, baked scrod was good too. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the salad more. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewNopeDined on 7/12/2014It was good. No clue what the waiter's name was, but he was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We were very pleased with boy the food and the service! Our waiter recommended the Ginger Sea bass which was amazing and a great inexpensive bottle of wine to accompany it. A great pick for a seafood dinner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner near Copley PlazaExpatInNJDined on 7/4/2014Decided on Skipjack's due to it's proximity to our hotel on Copley Plaza - this was a good call, as Hurricane Arthur decided to drench and gust and carry on the night we ventured out, and more than a two block walk would have drowned or blown us away. Our server was wonderfully attentive without being a bother, and the food was tasty. The Dan Dan Shrimp Dumplings were GREAT, and our main courses were nice, too. I gave up on eating the fish tacos as tacos, though, as the shell got soggy and fell apart. Hubby was ok with the substitution of green beans for spinach in his meal, but would have liked to have been told about it beforehand. Biggest win: the prices were MUCH more reasonable than a lot of the restaurants in Back Bay.Special Features:
- Terrible food!!!dpm27Dined on 7/4/2014ordered a fisherman's platter... evidently the chef just throws the fried food onto the plate directly from the deep fryer. the food was soggy and just plain unappetizing.$100 for 2 platters 2 wines and 2 salads. Waaaay overpriced for the quality and service. only myself and a friend sitting at the bar and they still screwed up our order.
- Good, but not GreatSarahDined on 6/29/2014We tried to get reservations at other seafood restaurants, but were unsuccessful, so landed on Skipjack's due to availability. Assets are location, and the excellent oysters. A fellow guest was excited about the $2 Yuengling Draft. However, while it was not bad, it was not great.Special Features:
- Fresh seafood and a great mealBrewstaBoyVIPDined on 6/25/2014Our party of five enjoyed a wonderful meal of seafood choices, all well prepared and attentively served. Among us, we had a delicious and generous lobster bisque, a slightly dry swordfish, moist crab cakes, a nicely prepared steak and a lovely salmon fillet. The preparations, while mainly well executed, were a little on the in imaginative side - a light sauce, a pairing with a starch, something - would have been nice, but one can also argue that one comes to a seafood restaurant for fresh fish, period, and we surely got that. One knock: the place was SO empty at 7:30 on a Wednesday night that they should have aggregated the diners in one area; because they didn't, we felt as if we were eating in an abandoned function hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishlovebostonfoodDined on 6/20/2014I thought the food was fantastic, and the location was convenient. Best fish tacos I've had in Boston because they have great cuts of fish. Will definitely go again.
- Awful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2014Rude staff. The oyster special "required" a 45 minutes wait even when all the other patrons had food and the place was almost empty. Not great atmosphere either... All in all I would not recommend to anybody and it is my first time ever writing a negative review so it tells you how bad it was
- Great classic seafoodShannonDined on 6/10/2014Ordered the steamers and crab cakes. Both were great classic seafood entrees done really well. Looking forward to going back and trying more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots to Pick FromOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed our salads and entrees here and still had room to enjoy dessert. Grilled char was especially good, as were the Green Goddess Salad and the special strawberry shortcake. Service was a bit inconsistent but generally fine. We'd gladly come back here when we're back in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great fish near Copley!JPdinerDined on 6/6/2014We had a great meal before going to the Lyric Stage to see a play! Nice view from our table near the window. Tony was a wonderful server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014One of the best experiences. We went for brunch had the delicious shrimp cocktail with fresh oysters. Then we ate the most amazing lobster rolls. I will come back over and over again, plus love the jazz band that preformed during the brunch! Great service, our waitress was amazing and she made it easy to decide one what to get!Special Features:
- Great food, but ambiance is lackingRDBADined on 5/31/2014This was my third visit to Skipjacks. They serve very good seafood, with a nicely varied menu and reasonable prices. However, I am always uninspired by the ambiance. It's kind of dark and drab, with lots of wood and old furniture. Maybe one step above S&S deli. It seems outdated…like a place that might have seemed fancy in the 60s, but is in dire need of a contemporary make-over. Mind you, it's not a dive, just kind of blah. This is why I typically prefer Atlantic Seafood when I'm in the Back Bay, which seems a bit more stylish, festive and on par with the look and feel of the Back Bay. That said, Skipjacks delivers on taste and the service is decent.
- Great food and serviceCardsPADined on 5/24/2014We were in town for a conference and if you have a lot of choices you expect a restaurant to deliver. This one did and we would go there again. The service was very good, the food was cooked very well (we had minestrone chowder, calamari, sushi, and crab) and tasted delicious. The waiter was very pleasant, and the rest of the staff was attentive to our needs. My girlfriend slipped on he wet floor (it was raining outside) and the wait staff showed concern and made sure to have the manager visit the table to see if there was anything else we needed. Overall it was a very good place and I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great fish, mediocre serviceLoves2CycleDined on 5/24/2014Great fish, and salads, but don't go if you are concerned with time. We visited on a Saturday night at 5:50 to catch an 8 play that was a 5 minute walk from the restaurant. The restaurant was less than 1/2 full as it was so early. As such I was not concerned with the time. We were seated promptly, but it was quite a while before anyone took our order. It took quite a while to get our salads, and even longer to get our dinner. We received our dinner at 6:55 and the waitress did not come by to ask about desert or the check until 7:25 at which point we could not safely think about desert The food however was excellent. I had the gingered sea bass. It was cooked and spiced perfectly. Very moist and flavorful.Special Features:
- Seafood LoverBarbieDined on 5/17/2014Had dinner before the Red Sox game. Something on the menu for everyone. Lighter fare, to full dinners. Lobster Bisque the best ever. All seafood in the pasta was fresh and aplenty. Oysters were large and fresher that other establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodsannd16Dined on 5/16/2014The clam chowder at skipjack's is so good! Its a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many happy returns~oneurzuaDined on 5/14/2014I continue to count on your service, food and location to bring clients here and you ensure we are all fed with great tasting food as well as premier service!Special Features:
- Lunch for Girls in the OfficeLunchBunchVIPDined on 5/13/2014We work in the building so Skipjack's is a convenient spot to go for a quick lunch, especially if weather is inclement. Food is consistently fresh/delicious. Occasionally we've had slow service which is frustrating when the lunch break is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we wanted!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We were visiting the city and attending Trinity Church on Mother's Day. I made the reservations and we had a delightful experience. With the live musicians playing in the background our party of four enjoyed excellent service and delicious food! The eggs benedict on crab cakes were absolutely delicious...the artic char delicious, the wasabi salmon and the glazed fish....wonderful. would highly recommend anyone to go for a nice meal while in the downtown. They were very attentive to the needs of our group as indicated in our open table reservation, which was appreciated. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Great food, service and even a terrific jazz band for brunch! The seafood tower appetizer was amazing...freshest fish ever! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingWeaselBayDined on 5/9/2014Excellent service! Delicious food (try the Grilled Mahi Mahi Teriyaki)! The waiters and waitress really care about your experience and are in the vicinity of your reach. A little pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupersauceDined on 5/8/2014Skip Jacks is always great. That' s why when we're in Boston we go there a lot. The fish is super, the atmosphere friendly, and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it was recommended.ManymanesVIPDined on 5/5/2014Recommended by a friend & I will pass the recommendation on. Clam chowder is amazing! Homemade bread is awesome! Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceMKETDined on 5/3/2014Great evening out. Terrific drinks and recommendations were spot on. When scallops were too spicy the waitress had them replaced. I didn't have to ask she took it upon herself. Great evening out.Special Features:
- Nothing bad, nothing really goodJDouglasDined on 5/3/2014Food okay. Service okay. Not what I was expecting.
- The following 789 reviews are from the Skipjack's Boston reviews archive.
- perfectMoMoDined on 4/30/2014we had an awesome meal. the service was informative and attentive. maybe a little hovering, however it was not that busy and he was a delight to talk to. food came exactly as described. always a pleasure to visit this place.Special Features:
- Fabulous Lobster Roll!LuvgrtfoodVIPDined on 4/28/2014My husband and I were delighted to find out that each lobster roll ($25), is made to order. The server specifically asks how much mayonnaise you want in your lobster preparation. Both my husband and I are very health conscious and asked for very little mayonnaise. We both received rolls that were overflowing with lobster, very little mayonnaise. The menu says each sandwich has a half pound of lobster in it, I think our rolls had more like three quarters of a pound each. The restaurant itself has little ambience, it looks much like a Bennigan's inside. This is a great place for lunch, specifically if you ordered the lobster roll. I would not recommend as a special dinner location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014Skipjacks is a reasonably price restaurant close to the Copley and Prudential centers so makes for a convenient escape from your local hotel dining facilities. This is my second dinner experience with them and it is OK but not anything draw me back again. Next time in the area, I am going to give them a try for lunch.
- Never disappointed in SkipjacksjpwhelanDined on 4/26/2014This is one of my favorite restaurant s in Boston. A great location on Copley Square; delicious seafood cooked to perfection; moderate noise level so conversation can flow. Walking distance to symphony, theater or Jordan Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchBjwintsDined on 4/26/2014Went to celebrate a birthday with my adult daughter pre afternoon theater and it was really good....food and service. They made a point of honoring my request for a nice table and remembered to wish her a happy birthday. I was really pleased.Special Features: