4705 Center Blvd.
Long Island City, NY 11109Neighborhood:
Long Island City
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.skinnyscantina.com/
- Phone: 7188061068x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Augusto Galindo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us regarding private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Karina Vukel 7188061068x
A word from Skinny's Cantina
At Skinny’s Cantina Restaurant and bar, we serve both creative and authentic Spanish and Mexican cuisine. Tucked along the edge of the river in LIC, let Skinny's be your introduction the neighborhood. Immerse yourself in our relaxed environment, enjoy the decor, the entrees, the drinks, the experience. You just may fall in love with Mexican food all over again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Skinny's Cantina - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Skinny's Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Great FoodBubzz33Dined on 5/2/2014Great food. Music a little loud for dinner but food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Skinny's Cantina reviews archive.
- Miragerei73Dined on 4/18/2014This is not the most terrible Mexican food rest I've been to yet is is one I would never go back to. Overall the service was good, the food on the on the other hand was eatable but unexciting and in the case of the guacamole which it was cold and darkened (Meaning it was pre made) made our experience of this restaurant a mediocre one.
- We had a great time and reallyHighSchoolFriendsDined on 4/12/2014We had a great time and really enjoyed our brunch. The food and drinks were good and the price was very reasonable. It was also nice because it was a relaxed atmosphere and we were not rushed, so we were able to catch up with each since we hadn't seen each other in a while. I would definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableirisnfrankDined on 2/21/2014Overall everything was good. I had shrimp fajitas which were flavorful, my husband had the chicken mole which he thought lacked flavor. The service was very good (constant refills of water, etc) our waitress was attentive. The review would have been higher if my husband enjoyed his meal. The ambiance was nice, dimly lit, candles on the table. We have been here before and will come again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!DaniB23Dined on 2/16/2014The food is great and the ambiance is awesome. If your going in a group make a reservation in advance. Totally a joy and would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not worth the priceSorayaCDined on 8/10/2013Not only food was not worth the price but waiter was bad too. There is no need to make a reservation. I went on a Saturday night and there were only three tables of customers.Special Features:
- An anxiety-inducing experienceSJFKDined on 4/28/2013I really wanted to give Skinny's the benefit of the doubt. It was Sunday brunch, things were relatively busy, and the food wasn't bad. But we had a reservation, made a note on OpenTable that it was a birthday (party of five), and still we felt beyond invisible. After waiting, we ultimately opted for a table by the window. SO long before anyone noticed us, and finally our server came and was totally indifferent. He repeated our drink order and got it all wrong. Guac came out first...before water...before chips...and even then we had to ask. Three entrees came out wrong, and we had to flag someone down every time we needed anything (even to receive and pay the bill). I want to like them. Cool spot, good drinks, but not fun at all.Special Features:
- Good food. Busy Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Good food. Busy Friday night made service a littlr slow. Overall... Will be coming back.Special Features:
- Worth the trip to LICOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013This was the first of many visits to Skinny's. The service was very good. The prices were reasonable.Both the steak tacos and short ribs were delicious. It's worth the trip to LIC even though parking in the area is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Margaritas!!!!NeighborhoodgemDined on 2/16/2013I wouldn't recommend this place for food. However, they have the best margaritas! I would highly recommend to go for drinks!!! We love to go to this place after dinner somewhere else! Margaritas rock!!!!!Special Features:
- I think this place has becomePekkleVIPDined on 2/2/2013I think this place has become better and better over time.... I came here a few ttimes when it first opened...and it was horrible. The food was not good and the drinks also subpar. Now that this has been around for a year now (I think)..worked out a few kinks. I wouldn't quantify this as a must go Plc as there are definitely better Mexican restaurant elsewhere...but for a simple relaxed sat night this is not a bad option....ESP i live very close by.... It's an easy walk.Special Features:
- Drink, don't eatGeminiswimVIPDined on 11/10/2012The jalapeno margarita was DELISH! However, I'm a huge Mexican food fan, and my enchilada was disappointing. Not to mention, they only had 2 types of mole sauce, I've never been to a Mexican restaurant that didn't offer a green sauce option! The guac was pretty good too, but I felt like they rushed your next course and we barely got to eat the majority of the guac and chips!Special Features:
- Worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2012With a bit of attention, this could be a great place. The food was better than expected: fresh & well-presented. The low expectations were the result of some staff issues, including the greeters who chatted to each other and ignored the customers, and presumably some sort of mix up with table assignments so that we waited for a long time before anyone appeared at our table. However, once we did get a waitperson, things improved and the dinner was lovely.Special Features:
- The food and cocktails getdianefeVIPDined on 7/7/2012The food and cocktails get better each time we go. The changes to the menu are working.
- I wish they didn't get ridKatherineDined on 6/16/2012I wish they didn't get rid of the burritos!!! They have a tiny menu now, which for what is offered is great, but I got so used to seeing burritos and the ability to mix tacos offered that it annoyed me when I went recently. Fried fish tacos are amazing as is the Flautas de Queso Fresco y Zucchini.Special Features: