Skin + Bones
980 Queen St East
Toronto, ON M4M 1K1Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Skin + Bones
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.skinandbonesto.com/
- Phone: 4165245209x
- Hours of Operation:
Tue - Thu: 5pm-11pm
Fri - Sat: 5pm-12am
Sun: 10am-2pm & 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Luca Gatti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our warm, industrial space has intimate window seating, a 34ft hand-crafted bar, a harvest table for 16 (with a front row view of the kitchen action!) and an open, relaxed dining room with banquette or tabletop seating.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Clarke 8775289469
- Special Events: Let Us Feed You!
Sit back, relax and let our Chef decide. $35 pp
Sun – Thurs | 5-10pm
Skin+Bones Sunday Brunch
Brunch Entrées and $14 Ploughman's Buffet
*Kids 5 & under eat FREE
*Add Buffet to any Entrée for only $3
Sun | 10am-2pm
Buck-A-Shuck & Drink Specials
Sun | 5-10pm
A word from Skin + Bones
Skin+Bones is a casual neighbourhood restaurant serving local Canadian food inspired by the seasons, our farmers and a love of eating and drinking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
Skin + Bones - Best Restaurants in Leslieville ›
Skin + Bones reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (55)good for groups (34)special occasion (33)romantic (26)notable wine list (25)hot spot (18)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Deliciously simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We went to Skin + Bones after an afternoon Cirque du Soleil show and we were very pleasantly surprised. The room is open and relaxed with a nice energy level, the staff are friendly and work well together, but the food is where this place stood out. It's just what you'd want from a great neighbourhood restaurant - simple but creative and extremely well executed with reasonably-sized portions. Cocktails were a little pricey, but the $35 Chef's Menu is a ridiculous value. Seriously, how they even put that out and still pay the hydro bill is beyond me.Special Features:
- First experience was first class!WineNDineDined on 8/29/2014Wine was yummy and not over priced. Food was amazing and we recommend the chef's pick for 2. The staff was the perfect amount of friendly and very knowledgable. Overall, a great experience and I will return and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitShawnyb36Dined on 8/21/2014Second time here. Chefs menu is a must. Great cocktails. I am going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies won't be disappointedmmdinesDined on 8/21/2014We had the tasting menu because we didn't want to think about the choices. Everything was incredibly amazing - the food, the pace of courses. I had high expectations and they were exceeded!Special Features:
- JL11Dined on 8/19/2014Very good ambience, service, and food. The Chef's choices are a must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.SpecialOccasionDinerDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the food. The quality and ingredients used were great. Every dish we got, we enjoyed, and the toffee dessert at the end was a perfect ending to the evening. The service was good overall, but we felt the staff forgot about us between the 2nd and 3rd course and realized we weren't finished all of our courses. They finally told us our food would be coming out in a couple of minutes after almost 45 minutes had gone by after they took our dish away. We would've appreciated if they stopped by to give us an update or to have checked in on us.Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesFoodie06Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I came here for our one year anniversary. The service and quality of the food was perfect. We each had a cocktail, glass of wine, and ordered about 5 appetizers to share. Each dish was unique and tasty, our server was very knowledgeable of their extensive wine list, and I definitely recommend trying one of their cocktails. The restaurant is shaped like a U, so the side of the restaurant we were sitting at was a little dull-looking, but when you turn the corner into the main part of the restaurant it is much nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014From beginning to end, a most pleasurable dining experience. Ordered the chef menu with 3 of my girlfriends and it didn't disappoint. Every morsal of that food was amazing. Had some wonderful wine to accompany the dinner. All in all one of the best meals ever. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Try it what u waiting fortleu24Dined on 8/10/2014Cassandra and chris good help staff and will do anything you ask . Keep up the good jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.sarahmuir6Dined on 8/10/2014We've been to Skin and Bones many times and are never disappointed. The staff are excellent - always friendly and knowledgeable and the food never fails to impress. You will leave feeling satisfied and planning to come back.Special Features:
- Doesn't live up to the hyperatingsbysandyDined on 8/9/2014I want to love Skin and Bones. There are some amazing dishes on the menu and the place is cool and unique. But every time I go, I am disappointed by the service issues, the poor dishes (usually among a number of fantastic ones) and the lack of value for money.
- I will be back.JasonDined on 8/8/2014The space is very cool. The service was out of this world and the food was great too. The 4 of us did the chef's tasting which was tailored to the likes and dislikes of the table. I would recommend Skin + Bones to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchsusgerDined on 8/3/2014The food is nicely prepared, and the service is very good, but some of the brunch items are not as substantial as others. Eg, the pancakes are tasty, although plain, but the portion size is minimal. Certainly not generous enough for the price, or for a satisfying brunch entree. Quite a contrast to the filling and enjoyable poached eggs w lentils. The small buffet for an extra $3 is good value, although as a stand-alone meal, it is not. The regular coffee is good. Decaf, not so much.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food. We chose the $35 tasting menu and loved it. Price was reasonable for the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place - but A bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Skin and Bones is a nice place, with a great atmosphere and good food. Wine selection is a good paring with their dishes, but a bit pricy. I suggest if you find a good wine on the list, that you order the bottle if you and your guest are planning to have more than 2 glasses each.Special Features:
- Great gembcnnycVIPDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant serves amazingly crafted seasonal, local food. The menu changes based on ingredient availability, but it never disappoints. I have been here for dinner and most recently brunch. The brunch is an amazing deal and I don't understand when I see all the people lining up at lady marmalade how this place doesn't get more business.Special Features:
- Love it! Surprised there's no line.DrewDined on 7/20/2014This is the second time we've been to Skin + Bones for brunch - both great experiences. Buffet is a great value add-on, but would like to see one or two more options to make it a viable alternative to then main.Special Features:
- Great Food!RobParDined on 7/18/2014Loved everything we had. Service was good and attentive. Highly recommend it for couples or groups as an easy night out.Special Features:
- Consistently Great!DanNanDined on 7/18/2014We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed. We had 4 different apps and 4 different mains, all were delicious and beautifully presented. Special food requests were met without any question. Met Daniel the owner upon our first visit and he has remembered us, visited us at our table every time since then and he is just lovely. Aside from outstanding food and cocktails, it is this kind of detail that keeps everyone going back. Next time, we will give brunch a whirl. One of Leslieville's gems!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm staff, excellent foodPatInTheHatDined on 7/13/2014I attended with three of my friends, and we started with the buck-a-shuck Malpeque oysters, which were fresh, briny, and juicy. The blood orange mignonette complemented them perfectly. Then we had the "Let Us Feed You" menu, which consisted of 10 different dishes, from apps to mains to desserts, that left us full and vowing to return. Standouts? Really difficult to pick, but I'd say the albacore tuna crudo with rhubarb and celery was a wonderful combination of flavours, as was the grilled octopus on purple potato salad. Of the mains, the gnocchi had us all raving - and I've been telling my vegetarian friends that yes, there is delicious food for them at Skin+Bones! The trio of desserts tied the evening up with a big bow.Special Features:
- Deliciousgjh10000VIPDined on 7/4/2014Food was great; only complaint is the mains weren't hot by the time they made it to the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish was delish!vintagevagabondDined on 6/29/2014I went to this restaurant with my boyfriend after reading a review in Now magazine. It has been very hit or miss with the Now's picks, but this one was definitely a winner. We barely looked at the menu after seeing there was a Chef's Menu option. We were served three aps, two mains, and a dessert. All were mouth watering and we practically licked our plates clean. The strawberry mojitos were also yummy. Skin + Bones is definitely in my top 10 Toronto restaurant picks. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- successful salejovialtravellerDined on 6/29/2014Had brunch with friends from the neighbourhood who were skeptical of the place. I wanted to try it so we did. I had the eggs Benedict. Good size and full of flavour. We all loved the buffet, especially the terrine & strudel with grapefruit curd. Yumm. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Great spot in Leslieville. Menu is creative and delicious. Excellent and interesting wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!!BonfireDined on 6/22/2014What a wonderful experience we had at Skin + Bones. The food was delicious, the wait staff was exceptional and I really enjoyed the well put together wine list and cocktails. The negroni was one of the best I've ever had! Thanks again!!! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont go if you are hungry...fineVIPDined on 6/12/2014eventhough the food is good the portions are very tiny and we left quite hungry the place. I order a steak and it was no more than 150 gr, I got probably 4 bites out of it. Friendly service.Special Features:
- Excellent Leslieville resto/barOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014After discovering that many restaurants and wine bars in Leslieville are not open on Sunday nights, I considered Skin + Bones for a late dinner and drinks. A foodie friend said he really liked the vibe here, which made me more confident. I made a reservation for two for 8:15pm, unsure how busy they would be. Thankfully they were not, as we arrived 20 minutes late. We chose to sit at the bar because we really liked the feel of it. We received attentive service from both the bartender and our servers, who showed themselves to be very knowledgeable about the menu and bar offerings. We thoroughly enjoyed our wine selections and the food we finally ordered, and liked the fact that we did not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and won't break the bank!averagediner37Dined on 5/31/2014It was great to finally find a tasty tapas bar that wasn't a rip off. Most of the items we tried were delicious and colourfully prepared. The carrot salad was a refreshing change from beats and the fried gnocchi was superb. And, for once in this city, the portions were decent and the prices reasonable. Friendly wait staff and prompt service topped the night. Also, cocktails were excellent. Will happily and promptly return.
- Great serviceTravelguy50Dined on 5/28/2014Our server was Chris. Efficient, charming, casual yet not familiar ( I don't like it when servers use Keg style tactics). The food was delicious. We've eaten at some of the best in the world so we know food. I'm also a Chef. We went to use a promo ( no corkage fee) from a wine club we belong to. Many friends said we must go but frankly, the name made me gag. I'm glad we found this place and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 160 reviews are from the Skin + Bones reviews archive.
- great food and servicetimsalabimDined on 5/18/2014Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchChuckeeDined on 5/11/2014Was a great brunch for Mother's day. This is my fourth time here, first time for a brunch, and was pleasantly surprised with the food. Service was quick, and the tables are far enough apart to feel comfortable chatting away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotStevieGDined on 5/11/2014Brought my family there for brunch recently. Great food. Had the Eggs Benedict and loved it. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Yes You MustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food is great. The place is clean. The wait staff are awesome. The napkins are cloth! You heart may get broken when you get there and the place is packed and you do not have reservations, so simply make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveslesvilleDined on 5/10/2014Pros: Really liked the room, the lighting, the bench seating, the bar. The service was excellent. Good wine list that's priced well. The terrine app. Sticky toffee pudding. Side fried potatoes. Pork steak. Cons: Noise level. Food - limited menu selections that could have used more greens and/or vegetables. Chorizo was blah. The branzino was tasty but heavy on the olive oil. The skirt steak was on the tough side. Pot de creme just OK. Portions small. I would return just for cocktails or a bottle of wine with some snacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableAliciavaDined on 5/9/2014This is definitely a unique find and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. The tuna was amazing. Great ambiance, loved the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved every biteeatitDined on 5/9/2014delicious. tuna, chicken , whole fish, terrine - all were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighbourhood BoiteDinerdinerVIPDined on 5/3/2014I like this place a lot. Service is excellent, the food very good, and great value. I only wish it were just a little more plush, but if you're there for the food -- it's terrific.Special Features:
- Urban JoeUrbanjoeDined on 4/30/2014Found this establishment while on a walk. Found the menu and decor interesting. Booked a reservation a few days later. Overall great experience. Greeted at the door with a smile and assisted with our coats. Our waiter was knowledgeable. Service was efficient without any "hovering". Good wine selection by the glass and really good food. Note overly large portions - just right. Good value for the money. Will return really soon. This us a great "local" find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LeslievilleSarahDined on 4/24/2014Food was delicious - the Pork Cheek salad is not to be missed. Tables are a bit on top of eachother sadly, but the food is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014My girlfriend and I loved the restaurant and the food. Great time was had. Loved the decor and the food was delicious. The caesar salad is amazing. The Octopus was delightful. Yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.