Skin + Bones
980 Queen St East
Toronto, ON M4M 1K1Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Skin + Bones
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.skinandbonesto.com/
- Phone: (416) 524-5209
- Hours of Operation:
Tue - Thu: 5pm-11pm
Fri - Sat: 5pm-12am
Sun: 10am-2pm & 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Luca Gatti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our warm, industrial space has intimate window seating, a 34ft hand-crafted bar, a harvest table for 16 (with a front row view of the kitchen action!) and an open, relaxed dining room with banquette or tabletop seating.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Clarke 8775289469
- Special Events: Let Us Feed You!
Sit back, relax and let our Chef decide. $35 pp
Sun – Thurs | 5-10pm
Skin+Bones Sunday Brunch
Brunch Entrées and $14 Ploughman's Buffet
*Kids 5 & under eat FREE
*Add Buffet to any Entrée for only $3
Sun | 10am-2pm
Buck-A-Shuck & Drink Specials
Sun | 5-10pm
A word from Skin + Bones
Skin+Bones is a casual neighbourhood restaurant serving local Canadian food inspired by the seasons, our farmers and a love of eating and drinking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
Skin + Bones - Best Restaurants in Leslieville ›
Skin + Bones reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)neighborhood gem (79)good for groups (55)notable wine list (42)special occasion (37)romantic (33)hot spot (31)great for brunch (15)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good for a girls' night outcanadianbeaver99Dined on 11/21/2014Highly recommend getting the "Chef Feeds You" for $38/pp. Great value! Great service! A great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time's a charmbeachesbenchDined on 11/16/2014Skin + Bones turned out to be a lovely Sunday date night though I'd come back again on other nights. Didn't try the tasting menu- that's for another time but we did enjoy the buck-a-shuck and the cocktails! The bartender made me a drink off the menu because I wanted to try something else. Every course was perfect and the service was impeccable. Dare I say I love this place?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the areahidgemVIPDined on 11/13/2014One of the restaurants that is leading the regeneration of the area, friendly good service. We had the sampling plates which is paired to the impressive the wine list. Very good lots of food almost too much one course too much but we finished it all. The short ribs excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knowledgable STAFF & Great FlavoursgenkifoodDined on 11/8/2014I go to Skin & Bones for special occasions! I have gone for my anniversary dinner and two birthdays now! I go for the impeccable service and knowledgeable staff. Not to mention the great wine list, amazing foods and really fresh ingredients and flavours. Even the coffee is delicious. The owners and staff really care about your dining experience and your tastebuds. I am a vegetarian with allot of allergies and they accommodate me EVERY time with a smile and have done the same for my VEGAN friends that I have brought in the past. So don't let the name fool you anyone can eat there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday night dinnerCoughplsDined on 11/7/2014We found this place on the internet .. came in from out of town for evening reservation. The whole experience exceeded our expectations. Food was great, service was on time and helpful and vibe was very cool. Would totally recommended this place and will go back next time we are in Toronto.Special Features:
- Ma n' Da in from VancouvereasterneaterDined on 11/1/2014On the day they arrived from Vancouver, it was a chance for my parents to try one of Toronto's east end restaurants. I chose Skin + Bones based on the recommendations put forth by a few people. We were not disappointed. Huge space, warm atmosphere, hip ambiance. We chose the Chef's menu and each dish was beautifully balanced all the way through. Prosciutto Croquettes, Lamb Merguez Sausage, Pan Seared Cotechino, Wild Mushroom Gnocchi, Pork Steak, and Chocolate/Chèvre Cake. Very happy with the meal. Only one thing - descriptions of the dishes by the wait staff we fraught with errors. All in all, a great night out.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014Our first time to Skin + Bones and we were so pleased with the excellent service. Our servers were so polite,very professional and very very willing to explain our drinks and dishes. We chose the Chef's Menu , in short, a variety of dishes that the restaurant has on the menu. Every dish was fantastic down to the dessert and brewed coffee!!! We left full and very satisfied :) . We are definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyEricaintheBeachDined on 10/30/2014We booked at the last minute on a Thursday night. The food was delicious and the prices very reasonable for the quality of the food. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Out table of 4 enjoyed our evening, but felt that the Chef's Menu, for the price, could have been more generous. Many of the main items had to be divided in order to share - we had 2 pieces of mozzarella between the 4 of us, 6 meatballs (why not provide 2 each?), and 2 beef ribs (again, why not 1 each?)....Special Features:
- Loved it!!FoodluvaDined on 10/25/2014We came into Toronto to see a concert at the Opera House and researched some restaurants near there and found this one. It was outstanding, The portions were a bit small but we loved each and every bite. To be honest, we love food so we will eat whatever is put in front of us. That said, we left satisfied but not overstuffed. The lamb sausage appetizer was by far my favorite, followed by the baratta salad and the short ribs fell of the bone and FULL of flavor. Great experience.Special Features:
- Great spotMistyDined on 10/24/2014Lovely food and wine, great choices, quality and creative cooking, only small downside was it is bit on noisy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried it and loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Ski and Bones has been on my list for a while now and I am happy to report the experience was wonderful. Hit all my priorities: local suppliers and a seasonally-focused menu, great wine list, atmosphere was inviting. The music selection wasn't my favourite and it was played bit too loud, but that wouldn't deter me from going back again. Next time I am going for the Chef's menu or Sunday brunch. Heard both are fab!Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 10/18/2014Service was great but My date and I decided after look at the menu to go with the chef choice. I was very much under the impression they would put together a main for my date and I to our liking and not just pick a entrée from the menu. ( I could have done that) also we reiceved one main to share but paid for too. I feel like I was duped. We could have ordered the same food individually and paid quite a bit less. Geoffrey
- Great placeFieryone4Dined on 10/18/2014service was excellent. The food was great, small menu, food cooked to perfection. Only down sides would be Id like to see a vegetarian main. And it was so cozy and comfortable there we would have likes to stay for a few drinks but we told they needed the table, however we had already been there for two hours so that makes sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Very good at all levels - ambiance, cuisine, staff and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Was a little concerned when we arrived bang on our reservation tyime and where asked to sit on a little bench outside the restaurant as our table wasn't free yet...BUT...when we did get our table (only about 5 mins later) we were greeted by a lovely waiter who was attentive, friendly and very helpful. The restaurant is cosy and stylish, the menu is small but there is a nice mix of dishes and the wine list is cracking. I had lamb sausage and braised short rib - they were both to die for. We were then surprised by a generous double helping of warm pumpkin cake with cinnamon icecream - delicious! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good Simple FoodMaDiDined on 10/16/2014Overall nice. Good simple food, wish it was more layered in textures and flavours.Special Features:
- Great staff, let them feed youjohnathDined on 10/15/2014The chef's menu is always excellent, and they will pair wines without breaking the bank. Not a cheap night out, but great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentxec2sekkDined on 10/11/2014Although not the newest gig in town, they are turning out good quality dishes. I had the heirloom beet salad while my wife had the Pan Seared Cotechino to start. I then went onto the delicious short rib. It's deep dark color was an amazing savory dish completely on point! To finish the sticky toffee was one of the best I've ever had! Worth the trip to Leslieville particularly if you are from the the beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special findpickyeaterDined on 10/5/2014We wanted a nice place to celebrate our 30th with friends. It was recommended to us and did not disappoint. We had the chef's special, where he picked the meal for us. There was nothing on the menu we did not enjoy and we ended up having food we may never have chosen ourselves.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, good food, priceyMattDined on 10/4/2014Good tunes, good drinks, my main was quite good, but my wife's was only OK. Dessert was great, but it was $200 (after tax and tip for 2 apps, 2 mains, 1 dessert and 4 drinks) and we didn't feel the food justified the price. Nice place, but not great value.Special Features:
- Great FindJacquelineVIPDined on 10/4/2014I stumbled across Skin + Bones while searching for a restaurant prior to my Cirque du Soleil show that evening. Given the fact that my dinner was at 5:45 pm, the noise level was fairly quiet, but it became louder as the night progressed. My boyfriend and I tried the chef's menu - $35/pp is a steal. I was extremely impressed by the service, food and ambience. Overall, thanks for a great night (including following through with my request for a candle during dessert)!Special Features:
- A great night!SliceDined on 10/1/2014We ordered the "let us feed you" option and it was the perfect amount of food and was delicious! Good vibe for a Wednesday night with a bar and restaurant crowd. Will definately return.Special Features:
- Stunning foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Japanese peppers, sea bass and steak bavette -- it was all superb. Great atmosphere for two or 10.Special Features:
- Bustling even on a Tuesday night!NewMrsADined on 9/30/2014Went here for dinner with the hubby on a Tuesday for an anniversary, and the place was BUSTLING with people! So glad I made a reservation. Delicious food although the courses came out a bit scattered: gnocchi came before beet salad which came before the tuna crudo. Nonetheless, delicious food! The only turn off was that there was no one to greet us when we arrived. We had to wait about 4 minutes before being acknowledged but were seated immediately! Service thereafter was great! Would absolutely recommend this place - It's a Queen East gem!Special Features:
- Brunch is a treat!DanNanDined on 9/21/2014And reasonably priced too! Delicious, varied menu and a lovely buffet. Had the buffet and the outstanding corned beef hash. Next time, will try the fried chicken which looks like it belongs on a magazine cover. Never disappointed with this neighbourhood gem!Special Features:
- Deliciously simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We went to Skin + Bones after an afternoon Cirque du Soleil show and we were very pleasantly surprised. The room is open and relaxed with a nice energy level, the staff are friendly and work well together, but the food is where this place stood out. It's just what you'd want from a great neighbourhood restaurant - simple but creative and extremely well executed with reasonably-sized portions. Cocktails were a little pricey, but the $35 Chef's Menu is a ridiculous value. Seriously, how they even put that out and still pay the hydro bill is beyond me.Special Features:
- First experience was first class!WineNDineDined on 8/29/2014Wine was yummy and not over priced. Food was amazing and we recommend the chef's pick for 2. The staff was the perfect amount of friendly and very knowledgable. Overall, a great experience and I will return and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitShawnyb36Dined on 8/21/2014Second time here. Chefs menu is a must. Great cocktails. I am going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies won't be disappointedmmdinesDined on 8/21/2014We had the tasting menu because we didn't want to think about the choices. Everything was incredibly amazing - the food, the pace of courses. I had high expectations and they were exceeded!Special Features:
- JL11Dined on 8/19/2014Very good ambience, service, and food. The Chef's choices are a must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.SpecialOccasionDinerDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the food. The quality and ingredients used were great. Every dish we got, we enjoyed, and the toffee dessert at the end was a perfect ending to the evening. The service was good overall, but we felt the staff forgot about us between the 2nd and 3rd course and realized we weren't finished all of our courses. They finally told us our food would be coming out in a couple of minutes after almost 45 minutes had gone by after they took our dish away. We would've appreciated if they stopped by to give us an update or to have checked in on us.Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesFoodie06Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I came here for our one year anniversary. The service and quality of the food was perfect. We each had a cocktail, glass of wine, and ordered about 5 appetizers to share. Each dish was unique and tasty, our server was very knowledgeable of their extensive wine list, and I definitely recommend trying one of their cocktails. The restaurant is shaped like a U, so the side of the restaurant we were sitting at was a little dull-looking, but when you turn the corner into the main part of the restaurant it is much nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014From beginning to end, a most pleasurable dining experience. Ordered the chef menu with 3 of my girlfriends and it didn't disappoint. Every morsal of that food was amazing. Had some wonderful wine to accompany the dinner. All in all one of the best meals ever. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Try it what u waiting fortleu24Dined on 8/10/2014Cassandra and chris good help staff and will do anything you ask . Keep up the good jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.sarahmuir6Dined on 8/10/2014We've been to Skin and Bones many times and are never disappointed. The staff are excellent - always friendly and knowledgeable and the food never fails to impress. You will leave feeling satisfied and planning to come back.Special Features:
- Doesn't live up to the hyperatingsbysandyDined on 8/9/2014I want to love Skin and Bones. There are some amazing dishes on the menu and the place is cool and unique. But every time I go, I am disappointed by the service issues, the poor dishes (usually among a number of fantastic ones) and the lack of value for money.
- I will be back.JasonDined on 8/8/2014The space is very cool. The service was out of this world and the food was great too. The 4 of us did the chef's tasting which was tailored to the likes and dislikes of the table. I would recommend Skin + Bones to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchsusgerDined on 8/3/2014The food is nicely prepared, and the service is very good, but some of the brunch items are not as substantial as others. Eg, the pancakes are tasty, although plain, but the portion size is minimal. Certainly not generous enough for the price, or for a satisfying brunch entree. Quite a contrast to the filling and enjoyable poached eggs w lentils. The small buffet for an extra $3 is good value, although as a stand-alone meal, it is not. The regular coffee is good. Decaf, not so much.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food. We chose the $35 tasting menu and loved it. Price was reasonable for the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.