Ski Tip Lodge
764 Montezuma Road
Keystone, CO 80435-7821Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Ski Tip Lodge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.keystoneresort.com/diningdetail/Key+-+The+Ski+Tip+Lodge.axd
- Phone: (800) 354-4386
- Hours of Operation:
Currently Closed. Reopens on Wednesday, November 26th for winter season.
Dinner: Thursday-Monday: 5:45pm - 6:30pm and 8pm - 8:45pm (reservations offered during two separate seatings each night)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Brian Baker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Mercedes LaFramboise 9704964950x
A word from Ski Tip Lodge
Come back to where it all began for Keystone. This former 1800's stagecoach stop has been transformed into a cozy bed and breakfast that boasts some of the best food this side of the Continental Divide. Step inside and you may never want to leave as the aroma of delicious cuisine fills the air. Experience the rotating four-course dinner menu and thoughtful service that continues to get rave reviews. Top off the night in a comfortable seat next to a rustic fireplace with a selection from Ski Tip’s famed desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ski Tip Lodge - Best Restaurants in Keystone ›
Ski Tip Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (34)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (15)scenic view (15)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food and AmbianceBoca2350Dined on 10/13/2014We love the Ski Tip Lodge mostly for the food but also for the entire experience. Staff is great. Switching to another room for desert in front of the fire is very cozy. Best Venison I ever had. It's our favorite.Special Features:
- zusieDined on 10/12/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Summit County. The food is always cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. Megan is an excellent sommelier. She is very knowledgeable. The chef is inventive with his dishes. Let's not forget the waiters. They do a great job. Small cozy dining room in an old stagecoach inn. Fixed price for four courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just dining, an experience ...LoveKeystoneDined on 10/12/2014Not for everyday dining, this isn't an inexpensive restaurant (tho Happy Hour on the gorgeous terrace in summer is reasonable) but for special occasions or great night out this place is fabulous, a hidden gem tucked up the river in Keystone. Been there a few times for dinner/Happy Hour, always a unique and superb meal. We have the lamb and venison dishes which are our favorites, one or the other is usually on the menu - the serving size generous. Starter soups of mushroom puree or a 'game' vegetable couldn't be more innovative or delicious. Aside from the somewhat high price, which is understandable for the location, service/presentation and unique menus, Ski Tip is easily one of the best restaurants in Summit County.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food, Service & Atmospheresnowqueen14Dined on 10/10/2014We live in the area of this special restaurant and visit it about 3 times a year. It is truly 5 star dining with 4 courses (5 if you count the beautiful bread basket that has many choices): soup, salad or appetizer, main and dessert. It is a lot of food and you cannot order ala carte. You must order one choice in each of the four categories. Thus, it is not a weekly experience for us because it is a lot of food. This restaurant is always full. It is an old ski lodge with beautiful ambiance. As with all restaurants, it boils down to the chef. The one they have now is fantastic. His sea scallop seared in Ancho Chili over a green curry was out of this world. The best scallop dish we have ever had. Kudos to this chef.Special Features:
- Ski Tip is back on our ListsailnskiDined on 10/10/2014After a disappointing meal last year featuring poor service, a so-so menu and food quality more akin to a brew pub, we decided to try Ski Tip again this year on a two for one special. Aside from the wine service being rather slow, the experience was much improved. The menu was creative and the dishes well presented. The lamb was a bit underdone but the tenderloin was cooked to perfection. We'e happy to say that Ski Tip is back on our fine dining go-to list.Special Features:
- Wonderful gem in the mountainsEmmaVIPDined on 10/6/2014We dined at the Ski Tip Lodge during a conference, a get away from the busy lodge in which we were staying. During the off season it seems most of the restaurants close, we were happy Ski Tip had not yet! The food was excellent and the staff was superb! I would come back again!Special Features:
- superbkazvalDined on 9/28/2014we left enamored with the restaurant. our anniversary was made so special by the staff. we cannot wait to return some day. thank you for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Outstanding restaurant; we have dined here many times over the last 25 years, often for special occasions; the last being an anniversary. Service and staff, food, ambience can't be beat. Love having cocktails outside and watching wildlife (there are often beavers in a pond nearby).Special Features:
- Board of Directors DinnerJabbaDined on 9/11/2014Our Board of Directors and their spouses enjoyed a wonderful dinner. The service was great and the food perfect. The chef made a special dish to accommodate a vegetarian in our group. This restaurant is a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveeatingoutDined on 9/1/2014Atmosphere was imtimate. Everything we ordered from the soups to the dessert was more than wonderful! Much care was taken with the preparation and the blending of favors on all the dishes was exquisite. Every bite was a, "Wow, how did they do that!". Service was "just right", plenty of attention, but not cloying. We had a beautiful and memorable evening and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We've been coming for years, food is always good and unusual, intimate atmosphere, excellent waitstaff and sommelier. Extensive wine list, although our first choice was not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - AlwaysGGarlichVIPDined on 8/24/2014This is really one of the great restaurants in the world. Fantastic atmosphere, superb food, wonderful friendly staff.Special Features:
- Superb!MbhvinDined on 8/24/2014Log building that used to be stagecoach stop. What a treat! Enjoy your cocktails around a roaring fire then proceed to an intimate dining area that is full of ambiance. Different menu each nite with freshest wild game, chicken, beef, seafood. Food is outstanding & sauces perfection! Most of the staff has been there at least 20 yrs and are all so friendly and accommodating! Have dessert out in one of the other sitting rooms by the fire with gorgeous views of surrounding area in snow or full bloom. All of our food was excellent. Our new favorite restaurant! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have been eating at Ski Tip for many years. This is the first time we have been disappointed in the food. Very expensive for mediocre food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserves its great reputation!cheersDined on 8/18/2014A very special place in many, many ways. Located in the historic lodge from which Keystone and A-Basin arose, your four course dinner begins with some hard choices because everything sounds so tempting. No matter what you pick, you won't be disappointed. Everything is delicious. For dessert you leave the dining room behind for the comfort of the sitting rooms each featuring large fireplaces. It's a wonderful experience in every way including the outstanding and incredibly yummy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in ColoradoTug1104Dined on 8/14/2014It's hard to describe what a wonderful dining experience SkiTips is. This restaurant would be a huge success in LA, New York, London, Paris or Milan. The food is superb, but the staff is what separates Ski Tips from any other place in Summit County. Heather and Kurtis took great care of us. Any diner will quickly see that all the staff acts as a team caring for each and every guest. We wouldn't recommend Ski Tips for children. This is a gourmet dining experience for serious diners. The wine list is remarkable. Megan knows her stuff, and keeps her wine list nicely balanced between traditional favorites and wonderful "finds" from the great vineyards around the world.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceVideoEaterDined on 8/5/2014Fixed price menu with old world charm. From moment you walk through the door (or duck in some cases as it is only about a 6' opening) you are greated by great service and energy. As you are seated you walk through many small rooms and hallways leaving you imagining if only these walls could talk. Food was fantastic and they were able to accommodate one of our vegetarian guests. Ensure to take you dessert course out on patio with stars, smells and sounds that put an explanation point on a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless foodRP999Dined on 8/2/2014Fantastic ambiance, been going there for ten years. The food was just tasteless this time. No explanation from the waiter as to why. For $300 for dinner for two, you would think the food was palatable. It had no flavor. The only flavor in the salmon was vinegar. Yes vinegar flavored salmon. The chocolate dessert tasted like cardboard. The scallop appetizer had no scallops in it. They substituted flounder, yes frozen flounder, because they ran out of scallops. How can you run out of an appetizer when you only offer two appetizers in the prix fixe for $75 per person. And the 6.4% "surcharge" for nothing is a real slap in the face. And I sent a note to the restaurant, but received no answer.
- Best of ColoradoSlatepicsDined on 7/31/2014The best dining out experience in Colorado. Superb service, decor, and cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Ski Tip Lodge reviews archive.
- A MUST!AtlasDined on 7/31/2014Never disappointing at Ski Tip. One may call me a picky eater, but I always enjoy every last bit on my plate at Ski Tip. From the service, wine, food, and location you will always have the perfect setting here. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/17/2014Excellent as always. Our guests from Santa Fe thought it was "European World Class" experience. Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Superb, againLFHcincyVIPDined on 7/17/2014The wine pairing is a wonderful dining experience as Megan takes you through artful descriptions and rationale for the selections. Everyone contributes to the exceptional dining experience. We have NEVER been disappointed, and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine dining experience!finickyBDined on 7/7/2014My daughter and I have been scoping out locales for her wedding celebration and this was top on our list. We made our decision based upon previous reviews and we were not in the least disappointed. The ingredients used in everything were a delight for the taste buds and the wines impeccably paired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticbajamamamaDined on 7/7/2014Everything was just wonderful. Everyone is very friendly from when you walk into the door to when you leave. The food is outstanding and atmosphere is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLindaDined on 7/3/2014Our favorite place when in Summit County! Great food and wonderful staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant gemDnvrtrvlrVIPDined on 6/27/2014Nestled near the creek, hidden by tall pines, it was a little hard to find. Inside, ambience is a tiny, ancient beamed ski lodge with cozy nooks with fireplaces. Fixed price dinner menu changes every night. Chef was very accommodating to my allergy requests and even offered to make a special soup to sub for the 2 offered that evening. Service was perfect, knowledgable about the complex dishes and adept at suggesting wine pairings. Staff worked together to keep water filled, clear dishes and hop food. I had hanger steak, beautifully seated, tender crusted in pepper in a puddle of giant fava bean and sauce. Others had halibut, perfectly cooked on a bed of harcourt veres and cous cous. Save room for dessert selections. A fine meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service!BrockDined on 6/27/2014Megan and Todd were simply the greatest! Detail to every need, knowledgable about the menu and incredible knowledge on Megan's part about the wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skitiphungryDined on 6/23/2014I have dined at SkiTip many times over the years. This was the first time I have been disappointed in the food. Two silver dollar sized lamb chops do not a "rack of lamb make)!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!ChasDined on 6/16/2014Four course meal: $75. Worth every penny! Service is amazing and the food is better. Visiting from Dallas. We hit during the week just about every restaurant in Keystone that was open (several were still closed for their Spring break). This one by far exceeded every other area restaurant. If you are looking for a "gourmet" type meal this is it.Special Features:
- daleuishDined on 6/16/2014excellent service and food. noise level a little on the high side, but probably due to happy diners.Special Features:
- Ski Tip - OutstandingdugefreshDined on 6/15/2014We frequent the Ski Tip at least twice a year (would go more if it was a little cheaper) and as usual the most recent experience was amazing! The staff, menu, and ambience make the experience unforgettable and I would highly recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in ColoradogoldenfoodieDined on 6/14/2014Ski Tip never fails to impress. The atmosphere is wonderful with its Colorado history and coziness. The food is superb with its imaginative menu. The bread is always divine. We love this place and always look forward to another visit back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loveliesrt restaurant in KeystoneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2014Ski Tip Lodges consistently maintains excellence in every area of the dinig experience. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- AmazingDeschDined on 6/14/2014Food is great and the wine pairing with Megan is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The usual. Everything was great start to finish. Desert in the living room, as always, a nice encore to a great meal. The staff is nonintrusive yet attentive. The food is creative, original and prepared to perfection. The "Tip" remains a Colorado original and special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014This is the best kept secret for an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Amazing dinner! The waiter explained the dishes and allowed us to go where we had never gone before--trying the new and unusual. We took the wine pairing and were educated by the very informed Sommeliere. The Thai beet soup and the mussels were to die for. All the flavors blended perfectly. I would recommend Ski Tip to anyone looking for a food experience rather than just dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful get awayBrooklynDined on 4/19/2014We drove up from Boulder for a get away. It exceeded expectations on every level. Had a great timeSpecial Features:
- Our company loved itCOgirlDined on 4/18/2014Had company in town and brought them there. They were so impressed as we always are. They know they're food and they're wines. Very attentive and friendly wait staff. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Summit countyBoca2350Dined on 4/17/2014We enjoyed everything from the excellent gourmet food to the ambiance. We tried the Grouper and the Venison. Both were delicious. Desserts served in a separate room by the fireplace were to die for too. Couldn't have improved anything.Special Features: