Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Green Hills Nashville
2130 Abbott Martin Rd
Nashville, TN 37215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Green Hills Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nordstrom.com/restaurant
- Phone: 6158506630x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours Daily: Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 9:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chris Hart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Green Hills Nashville
Diner with the heart of a deli.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Green Hills Nashville - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Green Hills Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (18)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Vibrant spot for lunchFudaholicVIPDined on 10/7/2014I was surprised to discover how good Sixth & Pine was, considering it is inside a store. The layout of the restaurant is interesting with a big bar on entering and then booths to the side and tables in the centre. You forget completely that you are in Nordstroms and it is definitely a hot spot for 'ladies who lunch'. You might spot some celebrities there too ! The food was well prepared and interesting. I had a salmon and spinach salad and one of our party had a interesting salmon dish which was very nicely displayed and consumed rapidly. We did not have deserts but had coffee. Unfortunately the espresso machine was broken and no sparkling water but otherwise a very good lunch. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- better planning needednotthatpickyDined on 9/20/2014We gave up and left after the waiter told us they were out of the first four things we tried to order for dinner, including both specials. Apparently it was a big day at the nearby Apple store, and that brought in more eaters than anticipated. Still, better planning could have prevented this, and could have helped handle the situation more gracefully. Don't even give customers the specials menu if there's nothing on it that you can serve. Tell people up front before you seat them (or even better, when they call for reservations) if you are out of a significant number of items.
- Been betterNashOneDined on 8/16/2014Sixth and Pine has decreased the options on their menu and now primarily offers salads and sandwiches. They used to serve a complimentary veggie appetizer at each meal. They stopped this as well. This restaurant was once my favorite but now would not recommend. They need to bring back the skirt steak and other entrees. The chicken dish I ordered was bland.
- Perfect for meeting friendsDanaVIPDined on 8/4/2014It is a great location for connecting casually with friends for lunch. Our waitress was awesome! Plenty of attention from her, but not overbearing. And she did not try to rush us away as we all caught up together. Great salads!Special Features:
- Always a good choiceONEJourneySteveDined on 7/23/2014I've had lunch meetings here on numerous occasions. Being able to reserve a table for lunch means that we will never be surprised by a long wait, which is critical for business meetings. Food is always good. Service is always prompt, courteous, and unobtrusive. All around a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it, but not this timeJonRosVIPDined on 7/15/2014I ordered the jerk chicken special and special it was not. Usually a great spot but will stick to the regular menu going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 174 reviews are from the Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Green Hills Nashville reviews archive.
- nice for chatting!DanaVIPDined on 6/23/2014So many of Nashville's new restaurants are too loud for conversation- it is nice to catch up with friends at 6th and Pine, where conversation can take place. Large, delicious salads too!Special Features:
- enjoyablebroadwaybVIPDined on 6/19/2014always noteworthy food and then shopping. what could be better?Special Features:
- Consistent and EnjoyableSamuraiPastorDined on 6/13/2014Have never had a problem getting a table at the neighborhood gem. Service is prompt and attentive. Food is always cooked to order and delicious. One of my favorite places to meet friends for dinner.Special Features:
- Sweet Potato FriesArgoDined on 6/7/2014Sixth & Pine has the best sweet potato fries in Nashville. Served with a with a cilantro/lime sauce which is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great saladsDavidsmomDined on 5/24/2014Great place for lunch or to meet friends when shopping at mallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceVisitor1Dined on 5/21/2014This is a great place for lunch while shopping at the mail. It can be a little loud, but the food is always exactly as described on the menu and the service is usually as good as you can get anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2014I have visited this restaurant several times. Without exception, the quality of the food and service has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of favorites missing!GreenHillsNeighborVIPDined on 5/15/2014I was really surprised when I visited this neighborhood favorite to find their menu had been dramatically reduced. Gone are the pickled veggies served before meals (not replaced with anything), as well as several of their signature dishes. No more horseradish crusted salmon, no more spare ribs, bye bye Louis Salad, etc. etc. This is now basically a sandwich joint that serves wine.
- Say, what?SaltoftheearthVIPDined on 5/14/2014The noise. I can't remember when I've had so much trouble hearing through clatter. A good sound engineer could fix this, and don't tell me you can't find one in Nashville. The food is good, the service is excellent, but the noise is unbearable. Come on, Nordstroms, you can do better.
- Continues to please...MVNashvilleVIPDined on 4/23/2014The perfect spot for a lunchtime date or client meeting. Style and class.Special Features:
- New menu-less optionsNashOneDined on 4/19/2014The service level appears to have decreased with the menu options. We sat for 7 minutes with empty glasses if tea. Waiters only refill their assigned tables. The fries used to have some seasoning which was either skipped this time or went away with new menu. Also they must have discontinued the pickled veggies as we were not offered these. The food was ok, but not something I'd order again. I suggest sticking with the salads.
- Great FOOD!localnashvillianDined on 4/15/2014Scheduled a lunch meeting at 6th & Pine - the service was wonderful, almost as good as the food. I had a special request with my salad & the staff was happy to oblige. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- CozySheADined on 4/14/2014Decided last minute to meet my sweet husband for dinner..always something yummy, not too heavy, but very tasty. All was well, except that dessert....the cookie with ice cream and hot fudge, not so yummy. Cookie was hard(like mine soft and gooey) and the hot fuge was Not hot and had the consistency of chocolate syrup, not fudgey. Urban CookHouse in Birmingham And Bricktops has the best Cookie sundae !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an easy spot for dinnerEwhtnVIPDined on 4/11/2014My son and I enjoyed dinner after some shopping. Service was friendly and prompt. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- Why Would a businessman eat here?TomNashvilleVIPDined on 4/8/2014It is not a convenient place to have a business lunch, but the food is good, the atmosphere is good, it is comfortable and you are likely to see your mother or your wife or a friend's wife. But the number one reason to go has nothing to do with the restaurant. Just outside the restaurant, in the men's department, their is a professional shoe shine man. He will make your shoes look new and the cost is only $2.50. $2.50? Yes. But, you are a total schmuck if you don't give a 100% tip or more. Anyway, have a good meal and shine.Special Features:
- new menu disappointingNellDined on 4/2/2014Found new menu very disappointing with basically nothing healthy to eat, if you only eat seafood and veggies, as I do. I settled for a Spinach Salmon salad minus the bacon to find out the dressing that comes with it is made from "bacon grease," per our waiter. The only option was oil and vinegar. The salad was a rather simple salad and the salmon was cooked well. Everything is very over-priced. I came for the Seafood Louis salad that I learned was taken off the menu 2 weeks ago. If you don't care about eating healthy and you don't mind a loud restaurant for lunch and money is no object, you would probably enjoy this place.
- Good food, but I miss the old menuNedBeatySquealedVIPDined on 3/29/2014We went there specifically to get the Thai chicken salad, which is just awesome but were disappointed to see that it had been taken off the menu. The waiter recommended a Chinese chicken salad as a replacement. I opted for the meat loaf sandwich which was good along with as good an order of sweet potato fries as you are likely to eat anywhere. The sandwich was huge and I'd recommend splitting it with a companion. Along with missing the Thai salad, they no longer serve the free pickled cauliflower and pickles which is also disappointing. I did see someone else eating the Chinese salad and it looked very good...Maybe next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality -- but reduced menuLerituDined on 3/25/2014Can't go wrong with pretty much anything that you choose on the menu -- but they have recently reduced their menu selection by about 50%, which is a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/20146th & Pine is very comfortable. The menu gives ample variety. Nice place for good friends to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great saladsDavidsmomDined on 3/5/2014The lime cilantro salad is the best!! Great place for lunch whether you're shopping at the mall or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, classy ambianceGinaDined on 3/1/2014Going to a movie in Green Hills and want lunch first, this is the place. Great menu, fantastically prepared. Loved it.Special Features:
- NostalgicElJefeVIPDined on 2/28/2014Like the old days when you could eat in the store. Pretty good food and a good lunch spot if you're already at the mall. Have been many times and will be back. Great old photos of old Nashville and worth looking at.
- Wonderful alternativeBrentDined on 2/15/2014We enjoy Sixth & Pine as a wonderful after-church spot and have recently discovered it as a post-theater dinner venue. Love the food, and the corn bread is the best!Special Features:
- SurprisingTeaduchessDined on 2/14/2014We had our Valentines Day dinner there and ordered the horseradish crusted salmon. It was really good. Good service, good wine, and surprisingly easy to order and receive good food in a timely manner. We got out in time to see. 7:00 movie.Special Features:
- Delicious lunchmwhallDined on 2/3/2014We had a great lunch. Everything was delicious, especially dessert! The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale LunchMVNashvilleVIPDined on 1/30/2014Located within Norsstrom's, its elegant and comfortable combined. Grab lunch with friends while doing some upscale shopping. The staff are always friendly, the open-kitchen design is clean and fun to watch. There are some vegan options as well as hearty true southern foods. They have excellent daily rotating specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, delicious foodLHB13Dined on 1/25/2014I've been to Sixth and Pine at least 5 times and I've had consistently great service and delicious meals. It's a great spot for the family or a date with your significant other. The warm salmon and spinach salad is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step above "mall food"NedBeatySquealedVIPDined on 1/18/2014We've generally had very good food here. Our last trip was on a Saturday night. I was really looking forward to the grilled skirt steak, but the daytime shoppers had eaten all of it and my plan B was the French dip, which was somewhat disappointing. The meat was overcooked, making the sandwich dry. Another on our group had the same dish and it was a nice medium rare. They were also out of Cabernet, but the waiter suggested a nice merlot which was good. We started with the crispy shrimp appetizer which was great. On a previous trip, I'd ordered the Asian noodle chicken salad, which was first rate and probably the best thing I've eaten there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sixth & Pine never disappointsLisaDined on 12/20/2013Sixth & Pine is reason enough to bare the Green Hills traffic. It starts with the service. Service is as good as the best its Nordstrom store has to offer. Each server has been willing to tweak the menu to make my order just right for me. The menu is fairly limited with some things like specific soups only available on a particular day of the week. The very best thing on the menu is the cornbread. I honestly don't know that I have had better. Other tasty items include the veggie chili (Saturdays), the kids grilled cheese and fries, the Asian chicken salad and their more traditional chicken salad. They stay busy so don't expect to stop in and get a seat. I highly recommend Sixth & Pine to others and suggest making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmann1957Dined on 12/18/2013The menu had a great variety of fun foods. Everything I tasted was great. This is my new FAVORITE place to eat lunch.Special Features:
- A hidden gem!DeblovespetsDined on 12/2/2013I am very happy Nordstrom's came to Nashville,. For years I have eaten at Nordstrom's in San Francisco and knew their restaurant was a fabulous one! This is a hidden Gem Nashville. I WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they are not flexible in changingwabcolVIPDined on 12/1/2013they are not flexible in changing side items on specials, which I preferSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice ambiance,KatTDined on 11/15/2013Great food, nice ambiance, unique selections, knowledgable, polite staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasurePapaWintersVIPDined on 11/2/2013We were at the mall... Saturday evening.. Not looking fwd to fighting the crowds and long waiting times and cross town traffic for an evening meal... Open table finds Sixth and Pine tucked away in a corner of Nordstrom. We tried it, we liked it! Nice menu selection, good food, good service, not too noisy.... Right down our alley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.