Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom City Creek Salt Lake City
55 South West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom City Creek Salt Lake City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8013844933x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner : Monday - Thursday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Friday and Saturday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jady Tippetts
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom City Creek Salt Lake City
Hip diner with the heart of a deli.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom City Creek Salt Lake City reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014I reserved a table at the restaurant for 8:30pm on the app. When I arrived, I was informed that they stop seating at 8pm. I hope in the future the app can find a way to input that info so that nobody will reserve a table for after they stop seating. I love the restaurant and I will continue to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Delicious menu selections ...held our reservation when we couldn't get there on time due to traffic ...veey courteous staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slippingNonutsDined on 7/11/2014We have dined here several times but this time decided to bring friends. Everything was delicious as normal and the service was good except that the kitchen never seems to get the idea of "no nuts." Adding nuts to a meal and then being told it will be 10-15 minutes more before they can rebook the meal is not acceptable. Fortunately they took that and the replacement meal off the tab.Special Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom City Creek Salt Lake City reviews archive.
- Food needs to be betterMattDined on 4/12/2014Nordstrom Cafe - 6th and Pine used to be better . The menu was more diverse and interesting. The past year has seen a decline in the overall dining experience in my opinion. They changed the menu recently and I am not a fan. Nice salads and sandwiches but the rest is average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and delicious food!HinbotDined on 3/19/2014I took my girlfriend here for dinner and this place was new to the both of us. We were both very impressed with Sixth and Pine. The food is all natural and fresh! - We had the Hummus with flatbread as a starter - she had the French Dip with sweet potato fries - I had the turkey chili - it was all delicious Highly recommended restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly DisappointingDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 2/17/2014Tried it based on reviews but for a restaurant in an upscale dept store, don't bother - the breakfast menu should either be expanded or not offered at all - no potatoe latkes because it was Monday and they were closed Sunday is a clear indication of the failings of this location
- Sixth & Pineandicandi88Dined on 1/3/2014We've been to Sixth and Pine a handful of times and the food is always fantastic. This time around it seemed like the menu had changed a little bit and a few items we liked were no longer available. The first time we ate there they had fresh bread before the meal..they now offer a pickle, cauliflower and carrot tray which is great but not as good as the bread. The second menu item that we enjoyed that is now gone is a roasted chicken. The third item is the chicken pot pie soup..they still offer this soup but only on Saturdays..it should really be a daily soup! Even the waiter commented on how great the pot pie soup is. The best part of this visit was the server, he was friendly and prompt with excellent service!Special Features:
- a little disappointedpoppyDined on 11/2/2013This was my second time at Sixth and Pine and I have to say I was a little disappointed. The first time I went I had the best french onion soup and wedge salad and enjoyed the beautiful view. This time the view was still great but neither item was on the menu anymore. They were also sold out of their daily special by 7:00! The service was great from the host staff to our waitress but I have to say I don't know if I'll be back when there are so many other restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- CLASSIC BISTROOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/2/2013Excellent food & service, daily specials. The best restaurant surrounding the City Creek Mall. inside Nordstrom. The only complaint, no beer or wine offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2013It is always refreshing to eat at a restaurant where the food is made fresh and from scratch. Our server, Velvet, was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everJohnDVIPDined on 10/16/2013We used to enjoy going to the second-floor coffee shop at 'old' Nordstrom's prior to the new construction at City Creek but Sixth & Pine is an entirely different animal. Full sit-down food service with a varied and appealing menu and great service. The ambiance is also quite nice and Nordstrom's, along with Macy's, provides parking validation. This was a nice experience which we will certainly repeat.Special Features:
- I adore sixth and pineandicandi88Dined on 9/28/2013I think this was my third time dining and Sixth and Pine. The restaurant itself makes you feel like you're back in the 1950s and is so adorable. The food was fantastic. We had the chicken and waffles, which had bits of bacon baked right in. I had the dine-o-round special which included sweet potato fries, turkey chili and a cookie sundae which were all excellent. We also had the chicken pot pie soup which was amazing. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for pre-concert dinnerRabbiDined on 9/13/2013Good food and good service. We let the staff know we had concert tickets and they made sure we made it with time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Healthy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013I enjoy that the food is fresh, and made in house. I always know it's going to be good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2013We really enjoyed our first-ever visit. Loved the french dip and the skillet corn bread best we ever had.our server was very helpful with menu suggestionsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Vintageandicandi88Dined on 5/28/2013I think what I like best about Sixth and Pine is that you feel like youre in a vintage diner. Not a hole in the wall thats been around since 1950 but like you've gone back to the 1950s for dinner at a classic & adorable diner. I love the subway tiles and the light fixtures. The ambiance and the music is perfect. The food is also excellent and my only complaint was that on my last visit they had amazing fresh bread and this visit they did not. I also found that they have a beautiful view of the SLC tabernacle on temple square. I had previously dined here in the evening and the shades were drawn so it was a difference experience to come during the day and see the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sixth & Pine puts a good littleclynjVIPDined on 4/27/2013Sixth & Pine puts a good little twist on traditional comfort food. The chop salad was delicious and the meatloaf never disappoints.Special Features:
- Worth a trip for the cornbread!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Loved the retro vibe. Cornbread appetizer was the best part of the meal––insanely good! Clam chowder was also excellent. The onion rings on the meatloaf entree were extremely greasy. Meatloaf was decent. Fun to watch all of the action in the open kitchen. Loved the ambience, although it is quite loud. A great place to stop for a meal while you are shopping at City Center.Special Features:
- They don't serve wine. OnlySaltlakefoodieVIPDined on 2/1/2013They don't serve wine. Only Nordsrtoms that doesn't.
- Typical Cafe fare done really,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/15/2012Typical Cafe fare done really, really well = great comfort food.Special Features:
- This is the second time weOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/20/2012This is the second time we have visited Sixth and Pine, and both times the food has been excellent. We really enjoyed the Saturday dinner special, beef short ribs with mashed potatoes. The tomato basil soup is outstanding, and the jalepeno cornbread is really delicious. They have really trained their servers well at Sixth and Pine. We've had good service both times we've been to the restaurant.Special Features:
- The best chicken salad I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2012The best chicken salad I've ever had and the birthday treat of the chocolate pound cake was pretty good too. Excellent. Am going again next week.Special Features:
- Of course anything Nordstromsandicandi88Dined on 9/28/2012Of course anything Nordstroms does would be great. But I was pleasantly surprised how good the food was and how fun the decor of the restaurant turned otu to be. Its like an old fashioned diner turned modern. I ordered the roast chicken with potatoes and everything was fabulous down to the bread. I would definitely recommend to anyone! My only complaint was the menu seemed a little limited but Im sure everything on there is great.Special Features:
- Overall experience was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012Overall experience was good. They were very busy and consequently, the service was somewhat slow and it was very noisy. I think if it had been a little less crowded the experience would have been outstanding that night. We enjoyed the food very much- so much that we returned again the next time we were nearby. The second visit we ordered the same dishes and were disappointed because the crusts on the sandwiches were burned and the service was slow (even though the restaurant was not as crowded as it was during our first visit.
- My friend and I needed a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2012My friend and I needed a place to eat near Abravanel Hall before the symphany performance Saturday night. The prime rib was the best i've experienced. Missing was the ability to have a glass of wine with dinner.Special Features:
- Try it on a weeknightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2012I work downtown and have used this restaurant for a few lunches and a birthday dinner. The service was what you would expect from Nordstroms: better than expected. I suggest going on Tuesdays for their soup-of-the-day: chicken pot pie soup. It's remarkable. Again, I expect this restaurant to stay popular even when the newness/novelty wears off because the service is so good.Special Features:
- wait staff was excellent.MichaelDined on 4/18/2012wait staff was excellent. noise level a little too high for normal conversation. overall excellent food, excellent service. very good experience.Special Features:
- Bistro at it's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2012What's not to like? Oh yeah you can't have a beer or wine with lunch or dinner. Amazing lunch, roasted chicken was tasty & super juicy, the meatloaf sandwich was very good. The corn chowder was amazing. Loved the sweet potato fries and very yum homemade potato salad. Really nice staff, what you expect from Nordstrom. So stick with an IcedTea, oh I forgot no caffeine either.
- The food is delicious. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/2/2012The food is delicious. It has an upscale Jewish Deli kind of feel. There are lots of options to choose from and it is definitely kid friendly. A great place to eat if your out shopping at City Creek.Special Features:
- This cost how much!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2012No vegetarian dinner entres. Service was slow. Food was average. Way way too expensive for value. I am so disappointed. Nordstroms other resturants are so much better. More than likely won't go back. A bit of a disappointment for our girls night out.
- Be back soon!ejharkerVIPDined on 3/24/2012Menu was simple yet had a good variety of options. Service, although they were incredibly busy, was courteous and friendly. The food was all very good, especially the meatloaf sandwich and sweet potato fries with aioli.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the staff wouldn'tUtRagazzoDined on 3/23/2012Unfortunately, the staff wouldn't open the shades on the windows so it was hard to see outside. What is the point of having a window seat??Special Features: