Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Christiana Mall Newark
100 Christiana Mall
Newark, DE 19702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Christiana Mall Newark
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://about.nordstrom.com/MapPoint/MapResults.aspx?bizid=639
- Phone: (302) 613-6000 ext. 1610
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 10:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 10:00am - 8:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 10:00am - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Tagle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Christiana Mall Newark
A Diner with the Heart of a Deli.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Christiana Mall Newark reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great lunch spot!ShennaBCDined on 11/17/2014I meet here semi-regularly with friends for lunch. The menu is small but good. The ambience in the restaurant is nice. I like the old fashioned counter bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2014Food was quite good-- I had the homemade black bean burger special and my husband had the turkey avocado sandwich. The downside was that despite the restaurant not being busy that afternoon, our sandwiches took 35 minutes to arrive. We weren't in a hurry but this seemed quite excessive for a couple of sandwiches.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SaladsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014We each had salads and enjoyed them. The restaurant was nice and quiet and it was reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed Sixth and PineDinerusDined on 8/17/2014I tried the restaurant for the first time and really enjoyed the meal at lunch. I had A wonderful strawberry chicken walnut salad and my daughter had a chicken Caesar, both super. We tried the sweet potato fries which were served with a wonderful dipping sauce. Great service and a gem I'm glad we tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Sixth & Pine - Nordstrom Christiana Mall Newark reviews archive.
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2014excellent service, ambiance is quiet and comfortable, food is fresh and delicious! Great for special occasions- must try the potato latkes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealfoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Excellent Brisket Chili and Spinach & Strawberry Salad! Excellent service also. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service was terriblecmvcheerDined on 5/11/2014Mother's day with a reservation. Restaurant not full. Noise level for such a small place was too high. Service was ungodly slow. The waitress made excuses for the fact that it took over an hour to get us our food. Other came in after us and were eating or were finishing. I think she forgot to put the food order in or the kitchen was just pathetic. Needless to say for three sandwiches, it should never have taken that long. If it does take that long, then offer something in the form of a dessert or coffee or something. I can only say that the food was very good. We were impressed with the flavor and presentation. I will try it again, I just hope that they get their service straightened out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get away from the crowdJDjrDined on 3/14/2014Nice place to grab a good quick meal and quiet conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SaladsSeafoodLoverVIPDined on 2/6/2014We chose Sixth & Pine after looking at the menu on-line. The salads exceeded our expectations, and we had a lovely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service -tasty mealfeelingrushedDined on 1/26/2014We go here from time to time to get some unique food offerings not always found at other establishments. It has lost it's NY Deli feel but that is a good thing...the food is much more creative and pleasing to the palate. I started off with the battered onion rings and my wife the chicken pot pie soup. Both were delicious! Then we went for something unique...chicken and waffles. The waffles are made with corn meal and bacon...WOW. The chicken are 3 generous pieces of boneless finger style coated in crumb and herbs. They serve it with thyme infused maple syrup. This is a hidden treat that is an any time of day delight. Only issue is that the restaurant is tied to the store's hours...no late night dining here, esp on Sunday (5P close)Special Features:
- Pretty good - for an in store placeFatRat250VIPDined on 10/8/2013Pulled pork was good, and apple cobbler was a nice dessert. Service was very good - good place, never expected it in a dept storeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMichelleDined on 10/6/2013Met a friend for lunch at Sixth and Pine. Food, service, and ambience were very nice. Would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total EleganceLovetoDineOutDined on 8/23/2013I was very pleased with the total experience. Food was delicious and came out quickly. Took hubby there for birthday dinner with our little one. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend to anyone for either for quick lunch or even a romantic dinner. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedDonnaGDined on 7/18/2013Took my 87 yr old mother there for dinner and it turned out to be the perfect place for the two of us. The salads that we had were fresh and good tasting. The menu at first appeared limited. But there was a wide variety of items available. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!Foster720VIPDined on 5/27/2013Just thought I would get soup/coffee for a snack. However, when I was sitting at the bar, I felt like I was on the Food Network as the chefs were cooking and preparing for the next day as well as for current customers. My wife and I decided to have full entrees and the perparation was better than most restaurants. The chefs also talked to us about what they were doing and explained their processes. Waiter was pleasant and nice but I realized that Sixth and Pine is not just a coffee shop but a true first class restaurant and he should have acted that way regardless of our sitting at the bar or at table. I couldn't figure out why the chefs did not pass over our plates from their side of the bar instead of having the waiter bring then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always, neverLuvfoodVIPDined on 5/3/2013Delicious as always, never disapointing. Service and food are always equally perfect. Highly recommend to anyone and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013I was extremely satisfied with my experience at 6th and Pine. The facility is branded well with Nordstroms. Nothing but the finest. Service was outstanding and our server Ashley was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Their cheesecake always hitsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Their cheesecake always hits the spot for dessert.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunch whileOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Great spot for lunch while you are shopping at the mall. The food is delicious and they go the extra mile with all the little perks. One of our favorite spots for lunch.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Spot at the Mall!IchigoVIPDined on 3/7/2013This is our favorite go-to place at the Christiana Mall. We go there so much we should have a plaque on "our" booth. Food is healthy tasting and well-priced and the service is always great. Nice atmosphere for a department store restaurant. Hostesses and waitstaff are all friendly and professional.Special Features:
- You have to try this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013I loved this place! The food was so special and affordable. The team of people working there were lovely. I would recommend this place to everyone. I would come over just for a side of those sweet potato fries!!!! Thank you for your service.Special Features:
- Perfect. Nothing less thenLuvfoodVIPDined on 2/14/2013Perfect. Nothing less then perfect everytime. Perfect service, perfect food, perfect. I love love love this place!Special Features:
- The food is always excellentFmmmmVIPDined on 1/29/2013The food is always excellent but I have never seen more than 2 tables full at a time. I don't think people realize that it is there.Special Features:
- Love the healthy menu-foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/14/2012Love the healthy menu-food is fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- I have never had a bad experienceLuvfoodVIPDined on 11/30/2012I have never had a bad experience at this wonderful restaurant. My entire family begs to go here. From my 9 year old son who begs for the meatloaf sandwich to my 2 year old niece who yells "eat" everytime she sees Nordstroms, every memeber of my family delights in the deliciousness that is Sixth and Pine.Special Features:
- Always delicious! I have neverLuvfoodVIPDined on 11/16/2012Always delicious! I have never had a service that was less then perfect. The food is always excellent, the people are always so friendly and the ambiance is delightful! My 9 yr old begs to come everytime we go to the mall and we enjoy it so much that I can't say no.Special Features:
- Dined with a group of womenLaneyDined on 10/19/2012Dined with a group of women from work. Although there wasn't a round table, we had a table in an area to ourselves, so we could converse easily with each other. Service was outstanding -- waitress was very attentive. No rolls or bread was offered with soup and salad, which I would have expected. Otherwise, there were no issues with dinner. Very good.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012Surprisingly nice ambiance for a restaurant in the middle of a store! Fairly extensive lunch menu from salads to sandwiches to entrees. They've got specials everday. Tuesday's was Turkey Chili - it had great flavor (didn't taste like turkey at all!) was portioned well and attractively served. Other specials seemed more upscale: Monday's is Sausage and Polenta, Wednesday's is Short Ribs. IMHO the "Deviled Egg Potato Salad" is to die for!Special Features:
- Wonderful staff & service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Wonderful staff & service. Loved the latkes! The chocolate chip sundae is a bit of heaven!Special Features:
- Only 5 items were on the verybpatters1950VIPDined on 8/4/2012Only 5 items were on the very limited breakfast menu which we didn't receive until after we asked for it when we got the regular dinner menu at 10 in the morning. Curtains were drawn and the place was very dark and gloomy. Was very disappointed since I have been waiting to go there for quite a while.
- MY WHOLE FAMILY LOVES THISLuvfoodVIPDined on 6/24/2012MY WHOLE FAMILY LOVES THIS RESTAURANT. THE FOOD NEVER DISPOINTS, WE ALL ALWAYS LOVE NOT ONLY WHAT WE GET BUT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS TOO! THE SERVICE HAS NEVER BEEN SHORT OF EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Great place,don't get the prime ribLouHVIPDined on 5/26/2012Overall I like this place a lot and I'm surprised it doesn't do more business. However, twice I have gotten the prime rib on Saturday's and I wouldn't recommend it. Although I ordered it rare, they insist on "searing it on the outside because we have to." Given that it is a pretty thin piece of meat, it doesn't really hold up well to this treatment. When I sent it back, the server brought it back to me with someone from the kitchen and insisted I cut into it and that it was "rare as can be" despite being brown. A good slice of prime rib is not brown on the outside. Anyway, that is the last time I'll be ordering that prime rib there, and the staff seems woefully unprepared so serve nicer food items.
- Loved our server TJ! He wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Loved our server TJ! He was awesome. Great good, took a little longer than necessary but overall great experience, as per usual with Nordstroms
- S-L-O-WOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Service was extremely slow given that there were only 6 diners in the establishment. The server did not know what the food tasted like at the restaurant. When asked if the meatloaf entree was salty, he said no. Turns out that the meatloaf entry was extremely salty.
- While the food was excellentYemarVIPDined on 11/11/2011While the food was excellent and our waiter was very personable, the service was only fair and the ambiance was not what I would expect for the food and drink prices. I don't think the torn paper covering suited the look and feel of the place and the condiments thrown on the table in a messy looking holder detracted further from the atmosphere. Further training of the waitstaff and refining of details would make it a destination restaurant, the food is that good.
- We popped in here while doingrpataki727VIPDined on 11/5/2011We popped in here while doing some early Christmas shopping. We were really after one thing at first - the sweet potato fries with the aioli dipping sauce. They did not disappoint! We also had a french dip sandwich and the meatloaf dinner. Dom, our waiter, also gave us a small plate of pickled veggies to start..so nice! One little thing - the meatloaf did taste extremely salty - and I am definitely a salt girl - so for me to say this it was salty!! Overall, we'll always go back - especially for the sweet potato fries!Special Features:
- too pricey for what you received.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2011too pricey for what you received. Service was very slow and choppy
- The service and food wereIchigoVIPDined on 7/17/2011The service and food were very good. Since it is hidden away in Nordstroms it is not as hectic as most of the other restaurants in the Mall area. The menu is not very big but there were a number of items that sounded good. We all ordered salads.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2011How nice it was to be able to have a delicious meal and tie it in with shopping. Our server was extremely accommodating, and the food was really excellent! The ambiance was very modern and upscale. Overall, this new restaurant inside a department store was quite a pleasant surprise!Special Features:
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2011This was my first time dining in. The service was awesome and the food was fresh and well-prepared. I came for lunch and was surprised and happy about how quickly my order was prepared and brought to the table. There was absolutely no long delays or waits, and my server was extremely friendly and on top of things. THe BLTA is delicious, with fresh avocado and crisp bacon.Special Features: