401 N. Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sixteenchicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 588-8030
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Lents
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lounge/Bar on 2nd floor (Re-Bar)
- Special Events: Sixteen offers two semi-private dining rooms with unparalleled views of the Chicago skyline. Plan your semi-private dining experience in Sixteen by contacting Ariel Lickton at 312.588.8114 or email@example.com.
A word from Sixteen
Located on the 16th floor of Trump International Hotel & Tower, the signature Michelin-rated Sixteen offers panoramic views of the Chicago skyline. Diners will delight in Chef Lents’ innovative dinner menus that showcase the highest quality ingredients in the world. Since his appointment, Chef Lents has introduced exciting new programming at Sixteen and features a thoughtful approach to modern American cuisine. Chef Lents brings more than two decades of experience, most recently as the chef de cuisine of the three Michelin star-rated Joel Robuchon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sixteen reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (93)special occasion (92)fit for foodies (77)romantic (61)notable wine list (48)hot spot (17)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (2)Show More
- Elegant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I recently dined at Sixteen, as it is in Trump Tower, my expectations were high, they delivered and then some, exceeding my expectations. The menu is set, You have a couple of choices on food, but for the most part, the menu is pre-determined and it is seasonal, I enjoyed the Autumn fare. The wait staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Each dish has a story and they told it very well. The view of Chicago only adds to the elegant ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014It was beyond my expectation. I have never had such food and services in the US in my business life around 30 years. It was like theater show on the plate. Wine was great. Billing was beyond my expectation, too. I think this restaurant imported concept of food & services from Japan. I felt I was enjoying food & services at top class Japanese restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience: excellent service and foodFoodieDocVIPDined on 11/15/2014I rarely ever post comments or reviews on-line, unless the experience was either outstanding or atrocious. Let me assure you: Sixteen aced it and "Outstanding" is an understatement to describe how the staff performed when we were rushing in way too late for a quick pre-opera dinner. From the hostess to the restaurant manager to the waiter, the service was perfectly orchestrated and made us feel exceptionally welcome. Not that I forget to mention that the food was excellent, too. All in all, a truly exceptional experience, and we will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 16 scores a perfect 10 !NYCassettiSFDined on 11/10/2014Dining with the Wrigley building clock tower at eye level was just one of the elements contributing to a memorable culinary experience at 16 inside Trump Tower Chicago. The intimate seating, fabulous service and cerebral food and wine pairings blew me away in the Windy City. Pressed for time to catch flights out of O'hare the Sommelier, waiter and staff perfectly timed our 6-course tasting menu which we enjoyed over two hours. Starting off with Dom Perignon, crab, and caviar is the kind of power lunch to prepare for a tense negotiation with the Donald over Chi-town real estate. The ratte potatoes, roasted halibut, chestnut soup, chocolate cake with a sliver of 24K gold on top and Kracher dessert wine were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentSilkRoadDined on 11/7/2014We have been taking clients here for business breakfasts now for four years and it is always excellent. The view of the Wrigley Building is really impressive, complimented by a highly professional staff and a menu of simple dishes made from top quality ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!Luv2celebrateDined on 11/3/2014This place was amazing! The ambiance was a great setting. Food was very good. Presentation of food was excellent! Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative tasting for foodies84biztravelVIPDined on 11/1/2014We dined at sixteen for an anniversary dinner. The service was impeccable and the food was very creative with inspiration from their employees. While the food was very good, I found several of the dishes were overly salty. The effort to use a list of adventurous or rare ingredients sometimes got the better of the dish.Special Features:
- Excellent tasting menuFrequentDinerDined on 10/31/2014We tried the 6-course tasting menu with wine pairings at lunch. The food was incredible, and the wines were very good as well. The portion size was just right for a 6-course meal -- big enough to savor, but not so large that the diner would be stuffed by the middle of the meal. The wine servings were generous. The pace was a little off, however. The kitchen needed to slow down and let us finish our wine before sending out the next course. We felt a little rushed to get through the meal, although no one minded that we lingered over coffee after we finished our food.Special Features:
- Surprisingly fine diningbigAdieDined on 10/30/2014Lovely dishes and wine pairings. Many small amuse-bouche (they called them snacks) surprises that were lovely. My dining companions and I have visited all of Chicago's Michelin top-rated restaurants now, and we can see why Sixteen is included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Chicago's bestDennisDined on 10/25/2014Bar service was slow (drink eventually served in the dining room); the bar, too brightly lit, had woven nylon placemats left over from the lunch service. The restaurant proper is another matter. It seems that at one point we were served or otherwise engaged by every member of an enormous wait-staff, all of whom were friendly and professional. Although the menu only included 4 courses, in each of which we were allowed to choose between 2 alternatives, the actual dinner consisted of approximately 10 courses, including an extensive roster of amuses-bouches, of which the high point was turtle soup with pre-dessert bons-bons. We each chose one of the two courses. High points included sturgeon with puffed grains, foie gras mousse and turbot.Special Features:
- A mixed experiencegustusDined on 10/25/2014The atmosphere and surroundings are what one would expect from a Michelin-starred restaurant. The food was excellent but the totality of the experience was very considerably marred by being told that all we could order were two tasting menus. This despite the fact that the website listed individual prices for dishes and, even stranger, that the menu we were handed also indicated that one could choose a la carte. We would not have reserved given our tight timetable had it been made clear that our only choices were tasting menus.Special Features:
- Anniversary lunchDomer1968VIPDined on 10/21/2014My first experience here my wife had insisted we go to lunch, she had recently been here and felt that I would ejoy. That was an understatement, Joel our server was our first contact, and he was as pleasant a person that I had ever met at a restaurant.. He explained the menu items in such clear terms that I could have enjoyed everything on menu. Service, presentation, uniqueness of individual dishes was spectacular. The blending of was flavors was beyond anything I had ever experienced. We had the Dover Sole for two, I can't adequetly find the words to describe. Simply it was the best I had ever had. Not cheap, but you got what you paid for and more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- two detractionsaussiefoodloverDined on 10/20/2014Firstly, the cost of champagne by the glass was grossly excessive. $45 per glass for a bottle of champagne which costs $80 is over the top. Secondly, the waiter was apparently "miffed" that we wanted only one platter of cheese for the four of us. He told us that one serving consisted of one ounce each of four cheeses which we concluded would be more than enough for four of us after the extensive tasting menu. However, when he plated up the cheese he gave out less than one ounce of cheese altogether. This is unacceptable for a first class restaurant.Special Features:
- excellentPopeyeVIPDined on 10/20/2014Outstanding fare, perfect service, spectacular views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating the Chicago MarathonMarathonDined on 10/13/2014A awarded Michelin 2 stars at the time we visited, I can only vouch that the restaurant, food and service are worth the award. Prices are high of course but in relation to location, food and service, this is a good value especially if one is careful about the choice of their winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creativity made deliciousGirlsurgeonDined on 10/13/2014I had seen mixed reviews from the foodies on chowhound.com, but I am so glad we chose to dine at Sixteen. The creative presentations were delightful but didn't distract from the flavor combinations the chef, Thomas Lents, dreams up. Everything was inventive, beautiful, and most importantly, delicious! I will dream of my sturgeon and caviar 3-part course for a long time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionPaleoDinerDined on 10/11/2014We dined at Sixteen to celebrate our 16th anniversary. It was an excellent experience all around. The tasting menu offered a large variety of small courses peppered with special items in between. The presentation was beautiful; the meal well timed. The wait staff was attentive and conscientious to my dietary restrictions (no eggs or grains). The chef adapted my meal perfectly. We loved the champagne cart, and the cheese cart is one of the best we've experienced, offering a variety of goat and sheep's-milk cheeses that were delicious! I assume anyone booking at Sixteen knows it is going to be pricey, but we left fully satisfied--and our kids loved the little bag of goodies they sent home with us, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy dinner and delicious bunchPechu16Dined on 10/9/2014If you're in town and want to have a nice dinner experience this place is great. They have 4 or 10 prefix menus with an amazing wine pairing. Don't skip the cheese course for $35.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Bad atmosphereAlexUnderDined on 10/3/2014Despite the excellent service and the professionalism of the staff, this 500$ meal was not something I would recommend to my friends. First, the atmosphere - too quiet, almost silence, no happy feeling whatsoever. I wanna be happy when I dine in a place like this and spend these amounts. Slight breeze of elevator music. Secondly, the whole experience took 3 hours. Yeah, we got snacks and all that. But 3 hours to complete this food marathon is too long for me. Will go next time to Alinea or one of those places.Special Features:
- UnbelievableMikeDined on 10/3/2014Stellar service bringing you the finest cuisine. You taste buds will thank you for it. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- lunch @ SixteendavidmillvalleyDined on 10/1/2014Overall great Good Service-knowledgeable server and wine sommelier Food looked good and tasted delicious Eating outside could be a problem because of the windSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding *****brickDined on 9/26/2014One of the best dining experiences of my life. My mouth was amazed each dish(14 in total I believe). From the second we arrived, until we left the building, the service was impeccable. The atmosphere, both inside and outside was superb. I really would not change a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and worth the big $GatordVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was exceptional, the service professional and the view is as good as any in the city. It is a an expensive evening and it might not be everyone's style, but I would recommend for special occasion. Bill for 2 with tip and 3 glasses of wine each was $800, but I will go again...although not every week...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view with great foodWineWarriorDined on 9/25/2014Went here partly for view only to be knocked out by the quality of food, except bread, and at lunch it is an incredible value. Staff warm and welcoming. Technique shown leaves me wanting to return for dinner with more complex dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayDanOnymousDined on 9/21/2014There is more than enough digital ink spilled on dining experiences at Sixteen, so I will not add to it excessively. We were there for Sunday brunch; the service was attentive and considerate, and the food was just okay. It was certainly diverse, ranging from the brunch standards of waffles and eggs benny to higher-end fare such as the crab legs and roasted duck. Nothing, however, constituted a flavour explosion, so I would only recommend Sixteen for the view, the "ambience" and the range of dishes, but not as a gustatory adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingtomdinesDined on 9/16/2014You may need to remortgage your home or sell a kidney for a meal here, but it'll be worth it. Don't be put off by the vulgar lettering on the Loop-facing side of the building... the dining room of Sixteen is understated elegance. Leave time to take in the views from the terrace. OK, so this is a fine dining experience with all the slightly ridiculous explanations of concepts and a fair bit of upselling. Just humor them and don't feel obliged to order the $750 wine pairing. My tasting menu was almost without fault; courses were all between excellent and outstanding, many with great originality and complexity of flavour. Fantastic wines, sake and sherry even at the $125 "budget" wine pairing. Very friendly, attentive and competent staff.Special Features:
- SuperbShellyVIPDined on 9/13/2014One of my 5 favorites in Chicago with a few that cannot be beat. Wait staff fantastic.Special Features:
- Deserving of two starsBobkatDined on 9/12/2014The whole experience was outstanding. Starting with a cocktail with a terrific mixologist named Derek who was a fount of information, continuing with a terrific attitude by the management when a table adjustment was requested and ending with a spectacular meal served by a highly capable but not stuffy staff. I particular want to shout out about Johnny and Ramon, who made the whole dinner more enjoyable and relaxed.Special Features:
- Amazing and Stunning FoodMrsFrierpieDined on 9/12/2014This is not just a dinner, this is a dining experience. We had the tasting menu and enjoyed the whole experience from how they present the 'menu' to each course from the tasting menu - along with some gifts from the Chef! The views are spectacular - unfortunately the weather wasn't great when we went so we couldn't enjoy the terrace, but it would be great to enjoy on a lovely summers evening. The restaurant was very serene and felt private despite other diners. Can't recommend highly enough. Will definitely return when we come back to Chicago!Special Features:
- fun timefoodieVIPDined on 9/11/2014This was the most fun just eating great food. The service was wonderful and the presentation of food was unique. I would recomend this to anyone who wants great food and an entertaining evening.Special Features:
- LWFELWFEDined on 9/1/2014The evening was excellent. Great wine and martini. The staff was superb….excellent attention to details and great presentation. The food was excellent and well proportioned. The Chef had a theme to the dining experience. The menu needs more Gluten Free offerings. Great view of the Chicago river and downtown area. This is a restaurant we look forward to eating at again the next time we are in Chicago. I tip my hat Mr. Trump and his staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SixteenReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I decided to go "big" and do the summer menu plus the ultimate wine pairings. Unfortunately their idea of "good" wines are those made by small vineyards or 40 year old bottles. Most of the wines were not that good when compared with "great" wines that we have had during other chef tastings and it felt like it was not worth the money ($1500 for wine alone). There appeared to be much more white and sweet wines than dry reds. The meal was about 10 courses which meant you were shoving food and wine in as fast as possible because the wait staff was hovering waiting to take the plate away as soon as the food left the plate. A few times they tried to grab our plates prior to us being done which was kind of annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special enchanted evening dinnerBosleyDined on 8/30/2014This special dining experience made me feel like a princess in an enchanted evening. Our view was the 16th floor overlooking a large clock on the Wrigley Building among the skyline buildings. I kept thinking I was near a castle at DisneyWorld. The menu was so creative that it was worthy of a picture to keep for a memory. We had the 9 course chef tasting menu that was very costly but each dish was an amazing creation. This restaurant is for a very special occasion that will be one of your most costly bills but it will be one of your most special evenings to savor. The menu changes with the seasons so it will be fresh the next time you visit. Service was perfect and attentive. It had everything that a Trump experience had to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has Become a Bit PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014This was the second time that my wife and I have dined at Sixteen. We did not enjoy it as well as we did the first time. This is due to the restaurant taking on quite a pretentious air recently. The attempt to put dining at Sixteen at the outer edge of dining experiences is too overdone and not worth the cost. The food itself is quite tasty but, we felt, not worth the effort. Also, the service, while attentive, was not as warm as we previously experienced. We will probably not return.Special Features:
- EmpressEmpressVIPDined on 8/28/2014Absolutely Fabulous! Amazing food, the view is spectacular! Our waitress, Diana was a true gem. She was not only filled with information, she was charming and friendly. She was our personal sommelier and tour guide. We had a leisurely lunch. We made a random choice and we're pleased with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceynothanksDined on 8/24/2014This is a nice restaurant but I felt it was way overpriced. I probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Perfect food let down by noiseKuhooonaDined on 8/24/2014The food was exquisite and the menu was exciting and fresh. The service was first class. The only gripe we had was that the hotel bar adjoined has thumping dance music which sadly let the experience down. For 500 dollars (for 2 people), we would expect the sound to be calm and in keeping with beautiful food and great service. We did query the noise but were told that it was common and that it was either outside or upstairs. We expected our waiter to look into this but it very clearly wasn't an option. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection DefinedBethVIPDined on 8/22/2014Sixteen deserves 3 Michelin stars. If you have dined here recently, you would not need any explanation. Service was impeccable. Staff were very professional yet warm. Chef Lents had beautiful presentation from all the amuse bouche to the desserts. Every course was delicious with balance flavors. Wine pairing was spot on. Tables were spaced enough us for privacy. It was an unforgettable birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and good foodRichVIPDined on 8/22/2014The way the menu was dustributed was very hokie and I never expected such a circus presentation from a restaurant with the reputation thst 16 has. 4 hours for a dinner is absurd. While the ambiance and views are very nice the circus menu and EXTREMLY SLOW service would give me reason to never return. There are many fine quality restaurants in the city where I can have a spectacular dinner and not to wonder if I need to do a sleep over in order to finish dinner.Special Features:
- Food great, but everything else....foodfinderVIPDined on 8/19/2014No complaints about the food, but room too loud! Party room too close & groups can actually be heard yelling. Not cool for this type of dining experience. Waiter didn't mention that they charge $12 for water, even when you request regular water. No price on menu...... Staff really needs to take it up a notch. Food servers, did a nice job, though. Won't rush back, especially if you want a romantic or special dinner.Special Features: