Six Tables Tampa
4267 Henderson Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Six Tables Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sixtablestampa.com/Home_Page.html
- Phone: 8132070527x
- Hours of Operation:
One seating only at 7:30 Monday - Sunday.
Same day reservations may not be made after 4pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Richard Bottini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Six Tables Tampa is available for private dining. With no room charge, guests receive full staff and chef service the entire evening.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Bottini 8132070527x
A word from Six Tables Tampa
Tampa's premier dining experience lets guests indulge in an exciting six course menu masterfully created daily by Chef RichardContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Six Tables Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Six Tables Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (26)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful RestaurantIlliaDined on 8/14/2014The food and service were outstanding! Great place for special dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Great ServiceCjills10Dined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit to Six Tables and we were very pleased. We went to Six Tables for my husband's birthday. They gave those were celebrating a birthday a birthday candle with their dessert which was a nice touch. The chef was very friendly and personable. The menu had a lot of options to choose from that night. Everything that we selected we thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!kelly1lutzDined on 7/30/2014What a wonderful and unique experience. We had a great time savoring the different courses. Everything was delicious and we enjoyed every part of the meal. I will highly recommend this to my friends for special occasions. The food was very rich, so it certainly isn't something we could do very often. Maybe a couple times a year we can enjoy this type of a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kickoff to foodie weekendTampaBnCVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was the opening event to our first foodie weekend. We loved the food and the exquisite presentation and especially the interaction with the chef. The variety of menu offerings was very good for the format of this restaurant. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought they tried too hardMike42Dined on 7/24/2014I thing if you spend close to $300 for a dinner in Tampa without a bottle of wine, you can do better. The meat sauces were so overpowering that we could not taste the lamb or pork. We travel a good bit and this was not the french cooking we have experienced. One couple was late and we waited until 7:50 for the introduction. We were asked if it was a special occasion; I told them it was my wife's birthday and that was it. Service was ok, but nothing special. Richard passed by our table a couple of times asking how things were, but again nothing special. The setting was basic to say the least. Each of the 6 courses was good, but nothing I would seek to repeat. Just a suggestion - have dress code. One man came in a t-shirt and jeans.
- Fantastic ExperiencedobefanDined on 7/23/2014This was our first outing at Six Tables to celebrate our anniversary. We were definitely not disappointed in our choice. Chef Richard was very personable as was his assistant/hostess Sidney. The service was spot on and the Chef Richard's verbal delivery of the menu choices added a nice personal touch. The food was excellent and each course was brought out at well scheduled intervals. Chef Richard came out to each table to chat with the patrons and see if everything was to their satisfaction. By the time we left I felt as if we new the him personally. Overall, this is an excellent choice for special dinners or just a romantic night out. We will come back again...thats a promise!Special Features:
- Six Tableskimmck64VIPDined on 7/19/2014We dined at Six Tables after purchasing a Living Social promotion. The food was very good and impressed with Chef Richard along with the wait staff. We enjoyed the entire meal. It was a wonderful experience. Due to the fact that it is a 6-course meal, we were there approximately 3 hours. Don't plan on it being a quick dinner. And it was a bit noisier than expected. There were only 4 tables booked the night we were there and several tables brought their own wine (which I didn't know you could do). I am not sure how loud it would have been if it had been completely booked with 6 Tables. Even with the noise and longer than expected dinner...I would recommend the restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife was glad I dragged her therdragmywifeDined on 7/18/2014My wife really didn't want to go to Six Tables, but friends told us about it, so I thought I would surprise her. We went with our friends and had a GREAT time. The food was great, the atmosphere was great (we were able to talk across the table with our friends at normal volume), the Chef came out and told us about the menu as well as spent some time with us. The dinner may seem pricey, but it was worth it. Will come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NolesDined on 7/5/2014the place is great. it's expensive but it is a cool experience.Special Features:
- Two thumbs up for Six TablescherylDined on 6/28/2014Thank you to Chef Richard for creating an outstanding meal for my husband and I for date night! I have to say the hero of the night was the blue crab bisque! We loved everything and paired with the moscato wine brought it to a new level. Everything was very personal, I liked the way he came personally to each table to take our orders and help serve his creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, high price.LizHDined on 6/27/2014The food and service are outstanding, as are the "free" refills of champagne/prosecco. However, we had a Groupon and thought that we could use two to cover the meal. The fine print, unfortunately, only allowed us to use one. For two people and one glass of wine, our grand total was $205 before tip. Minus the $100 Groupon, we still spent $145, which, on a family budget, isn't typical. The decor seems very outdated and the setting of the restaurant in a strip mall doesn't help, but the food and service, as I said was impeccable. I wouldn't go back, however. If I am going to spend this much money on a dinner, I'd rather every single aspect of the experience be flawless.Special Features:
- Wonderful...as alwaysBessNSuzDined on 6/19/2014Chef explained the evening choices as wonderfully as always. His creativity with fresh ingredients, sharing of restaurant history, and patience with questions is always so nice to experience. He and waitstaff take such care in ensuring a memorable evening in a unique setting and format. Nothing else like it!Special Features:
- Excellent, expensive experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014We had a wonderful meal with chef giving us tableside entertainment. He is quite witty and extremely knowledgeable on food and wine. All 6 courses were delicious. 4 of us got different entrees. Hen was fantastic. Duck and pork were very good. Fish was prepared well, but a bit on bland side. We'd definitely love to return, but the price is expensive for us... then again, you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience,DinernistaDined on 6/10/2014Six Tables was a wonderful venue to enjoy my boyfriend's birthday. Very pricey but the food was wonderfully unique. Nice change from the typical. Portions were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDavidDined on 6/8/2014A unique spot for a special dinner. Each course was excellent. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- johnDined on 6/6/2014very disappointing in all aspects. It felt the dining was geared more to the owners rather than to the guests. Food was very average for the price and when you get 2 small pieces of duck you have to wonder
- Special night outTraveliteDined on 5/31/2014Everything about this restaurant is special - the food, service and ambience. The food was creatively prepared and arranged, using wholesome ingredients with interesting combinations. Each of the six courses was delightful. The jalepeno blueberries on the cheese plate were amazing - a small detail that took time and patience to prepare. The chef/owner presents himself several times through the evening to check on things and to make sure his diners are happy. I had allergies that added work to his evening. He met my needs with a smile and with delightful alternatives. I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Mixed dining experienceEwbarnetDined on 5/30/2014Loved the idea of Six Tables. Food was excellent. Chef/owner was knowledgeable. Wine choices were limited and service very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweet, comfortable placeLiberaVIPDined on 5/24/2014This was our 2nd time at 6 Tables. The ambiance is lovely; very relaxing. The wait staff is knowledgeable and gracious. Our appetizer, a mousse preparation, was delicious. Scallop bisque and tomato/mushroom soup very good. Excellent avocado dressing on the fresh organic greens w/radish salad. My entree was good, but not what I expected. I thought it would be spicy, since the fish came with a horseradish dressing. It was more sweet than spicy. My husbands filet was tasty. All in all, a very nice place for a quiet, intimate meal.Special Features:
- Not for Solo DinersBMoreDinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014It was my last night in Tampa, and my dining companion couldn't come, so I went alone. I was dismayed to learn that they do not start service until everyone arrives, and it was nearly 8pm when the last guest arrived for the 7:30pm seating. At first it was pleasant, sipping sparkling wine from heavy crystal, but the night dragged on as chef went from table to table, often visiting at length. The food did not live up to expectations and price. I grew weary of the wait, the loud conversations, and the "single diner syndrome" so took the cheese and dessert courses to go. What a disappointment! I should have given up my table to someone on the "long waiting list" and gone back to the Crystal Room or Malio's to cap off my week in Tampa.
- Unique DiningValgauDined on 5/21/2014This is a romantic special occasion restaurant. You receive special service directly from the chef, who seems passionate about what he does. It is a creative menu which would satisfy most diners. It is expensive, but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Hard to chooseGatorGalDined on 5/13/2014Chef came out and talked about the choices that evening of soups, entrees and desserts. All sounded delicious, so it was a hard choice to make. My husband and I ordered different items and we thought all were so good! I was happy to hear that the salad greens came from an organic farm in Odessa, FL. There was nice, quiet music in the background of the candle lit dining area. Very intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible! Don't waste your money!!luvthebeachDined on 5/10/2014I was looking forward to this dinner for such a long time and I was terribly disappointed! The food was OK, but certainly not for $250 for two people! We felt ripped off! We felt like they were trying to cut corners in all areas! We felt like we could have had a better meal at a chain restaurant for 1\3rd the price! I don't understand how this place is still in business. Save your money and go to one of the many other terrific options in the Tampa Bay area!!
- Great concept...but...FoodHippieDined on 5/4/2014Atmosphere soothing, Concept really cool. Not EXCEPTIONAL food. 1st course was a custardy thing with lots of bitter notes. Cooked dandelion greens & something . It was luke warm & the custard & greens texture was odd. But we went in with open minds. Flavors good, needed balancing note to the bitter. Next, a spinach salad. Again, lots of bitter notes. Needed a sweet fruit...something. My Entrée was Game Hen. LOTS of bitter, the cous cous was cold. Wine flight with the meal. The reds were ALL CHILLED. Ruined the taste. NEXT course great. Asiago Cheese with little flavor bursts all over to dip the cheese in. Dessert, nothing special. Told the waitress about the cold cous cous, and cold red wine ..I caught her rolling her eyes. Not cool.Special Features:
- The following 77 reviews are from the Six Tables Tampa reviews archive.
- Great Unique ExperienceStPeteFoodieDined on 5/1/2014Chef Richard is both talented and entertaining. From the time we entered the door to the million questions we asked he thoroughly took care of us. Every bite was an experience and pairing our meals with a flight of wine our meal was top notch. I would recommend this to anyone who would enjoy their food as a journey of culinary exploration. Every dish had surprise flavor that we wanted to know how it was done. I encourage you to make a reservation, come hungry and get ready for one of the best meal experiences you'll ever have.Special Features:
- thoroughly enjoyableTampaBnCVIPDined on 4/15/2014We were one of two couples on a Tuesday night. The setting is quiet and romantic. The service is excellent and the food is out of this world. It is a unique experience with six courses presented by the chef/owner. We took advantage of a Groupon and also added the wine flights. We we amazed at the variety of options for the entrée with anything from duck to chicken to beef or seafood. Definitely going to be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingStu542VIPDined on 3/31/2014It was a Monday night and my wife's birthday. I checked open table to find a place for a unique dinner and Six Tables was recommended. We had no idea what to expect and we were surprised to find it hidden at the end of a strip mall. We thought they were closed but we checked the door anyway and were greeted by Richard who we would come to find out is our Waiter, Host, and Chef. We were the only people there. It was us and Richard. He would bring one amazing dish after the other. A truly enjoyable concept, your own private chef, and six courses of fantastic delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining w/a personal touchBigomanVIPDined on 3/11/2014What a great little spot in South Tampa!!! Chef Richard greets you upon your arrival and really makes you feel at home in his quaint restaurant. The food is nuanced with multiple levels of flavor. Also, his wine recommendations/pairing were outstanding...can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Exceptional anniversary dinnerHeidiDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I dined here to celebrate our anniversary. It was such an intimate experience to be 2 of only 8 people in the entire restaurant. The food was delicious. The service was impeccable. It was fun to interact directly with Chef Richard. Very romantic. Definitely a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceniteoutwithoutkidsDined on 2/21/2014Got a night out without the kids and celebrated a late valentine dinner. Chose Six Tables. It was all that we had hoped. We certainly will go back. The food was great. Gave 4 stars simply because my entre, I would have liked a little larger portion. However, my wife's filet was incredible. Cut like butter. The ambiance was romantic. But it is small, and we couldn't help but hear conversation from the other table that night. A woman and her significant other meeting with her father and step mother and sharing the news that she is having a baby in a month and all the details of pregnancy. My wife and I laughed over it and took it in stride. After dinner, the chef came out and apologized, but nothing that was in his control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but excellentDonTPADined on 2/15/2014Six Tables is not a cheap meal, but it is certainly a unique experience, and the food is singularly amazing. Would recommend for a special occasion, or an out-of-town foodie looking for unique dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time dining at Six Tables and it was an outstanding experience with great service and good food. I think it is worth treating yourself to this restaurant at least once. The food was well prepared andSpecial Features:
- We went for Pre-ValentinePresleyDined on 2/12/2014We went for Pre-Valentine dinner on Wednesday 2/12 and as it turns out we had entire place to ourselves with the chef undivided attention. Something you only see in movies or have a ton of cash to afford. It was peaceful and relaxing. It's definitely not a chain and something I'd say try for special occasion. Food was unique and good. Service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining PerfectionBoomerDined on 1/26/2014Unique and exquisite dining experience. The ideal special occasion location. The chef is not only personable and attainable but is highly skilled in food preparation and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014Good restaurant If your are looking for a romantic place to celebrate an special occasion, the food was fresh and innovative, and the dessert was over the top, we had the guava flan, great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice intimate dinner.Out4fungoodfoodDined on 1/18/2014The name of the restaurant describes it very well with only six tables in the building. The chef is present to discuss and present the dishes which are unique and fun. The food is very good and the wine flows freely, but be prepared to pay for the experience. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's GemLakerChick1Dined on 1/3/2014This is our second time visiting Six Tables and it is consistantly fabulous!!! I love the interaction between the Chef and the diners - he explains what he is serving in detail. If you haven't been, it's a MUST!!! We already have reservations for Valentine's Day!!!! Very special experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pampered!OchitoDined on 12/29/2013We had a fabulous evening! We unexpectedly were treated to a solo experience with the chef! There were four of us for dinner and we had the dining room to ourselves. The evening began with champagne and each course was accompanied with a delicious glass of wine pared to perfection with the food. The chef came out and we visited with him about the restaurant concept and history. He was charming and shared some of his wonderful insights about the food selections. We ordered a variely of entrees… from snapper, duck, steak and pork. Each of these entrees were delicious. Everything course from the salad & soup … all the way to the final dessert … start to finish was prepared to perfection. A very special evening, indeed. THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2013This reastrunt is just as good as berns.....need I say more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatB747400Dined on 12/15/2013It was great to finally dine at 6 Tables! We did not know what really to expect, however, it was quite wonderful. Chef met us on our arrival and discussed the evenings flow briefly. Shortly thereafter he poured Champagne. From that moment we experienced a continual succession of perfectly timed, perfectly proportioned, perfectly complementary courses. From the delectable homemade bread that accompanied the soups and salad, to the "crazy good" Red Snapper, to the cheese plate and sugar-free desert- each offering was superb! Chef was the consummate host, attentive, thoughtful and yet, never intrusive- bravo! A GREAT DATE NIGHT EXPERIENCE! We will be back! 6 Tables would also be the perfect venue for a private party of 2-30! SUPERB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.