Six One Six - JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids
235 Louis NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Six One Six - JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilove616.com/
- Phone: 6162421448x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Weekend Brunch (Saturday & Sunday) 7:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm(Sunday - Thursday)
5:30pm - 11:00pm(Friday - Saturday)
JDEK (outdoor) is not available for July 5th 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chris Madsen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our courture catering is an extension of our restaurant. All dishes are market fresh and market inspired. All served in unique vessels.
- Private Party Facilities: The semi private dining room features two seatings per evening. Reservations are required. Please contact us to book your next group.
- Private Party Contact: Roger Chu (616)242-1448x
- Entertainment: House progressive music played throughout the restaurant. Live music Friday and Saturday nights in Mixology Lounge.
- Special Events: Easter Brunch
April 20, 2014
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
$15 children 4-12
artisan greens salad
upland cress and endive salad
thyme roasted fingerling potatoes
sugar peas and pearl onions
roasted leg of s&s lamb
maple glazed carved dearborn ham
char crusted roast beef
made to order cage free eggs
create your own omelet
asparagus and local chevre frittata
biscuits and gravy
house smoked salmon and bagel
artisan cheeses and charcuterie
pastrami cured lake trout
vanilla bean pot du creme
heirloom carrot cake cupcakes
valrohna chocolate raspberry cheesecakes
easter sugar cookies
****This is in addition to our normal Breakfast Bar items, which will be available until 3pm.
****Reservations encouraged. Please reserve large tables with Restaurant Managers.
A word from Six One Six - JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids
As the JW Marriott Grand Rapids’ signature restaurant, six.one.six makes as unforgettable a statement as the hotel itself. Market inspired menus, sweeping views, and progressive rhythms combine to create a dining experience second-to-none in Grand Rapids. With dishes that tempt taste buds and seduce the senses, the restaurant is a haven for self-proclaimed food aficionados and lovers of all things yummy. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week, six.one.six personifies the passionate cooking style of its Executive Chef, Chris Madsen, and satisfies the most discerning palate. Those wishing a truly indulgent experience can reserve our semi-private dining space where you and eleven of your friends can gather in absolute luxury. Wonderfully fresh, undeniably inviting, and utterly stylish, six.one.six is a restaurant you’ll savor in more ways than one. six.one.six is situated off the lobby of the JW Marriott in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Six One Six - JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
Six One Six - JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (31)scenic view (30)great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (20)great for brunch (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (3)Show More
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our waitress was fantastic we asked for samples of beer and wine to help us make our drink selections and she will return with the samples in moments. Every thing was fresh and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We arrived a little early for our reservation and they were able to seat us right away. The service was very good and our waitress was very informative about the restaurant, wine list as well as the meal menu itself. It was very pleasurable and would recommend the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Value of food and qualitySuperman13Dined on 9/8/2014Very disappointed in salads and main course presentation. I had the Filit Mignon and it was ok at beast, the potatoes served with it was ridiculously small and cold.Special Features:
- DisappointedMarisaDined on 9/5/2014It appears that they have lost their long-time chef. Food creativity has been diminished; it's just not as good as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerhiblerjDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I visited the hotel for business and decided to eat at the hotel because of their diverse menu utilizing local farms. We weren't disappointed. This was my second time at Six.One.Six and it was just as good as the first. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husbands CelebrationMcmamacocoDined on 8/24/2014Was a great experience for our birthday dinner. With my two adult children and Husband. Was quiet enough for us to enjoy talking without having to raise our voicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes!cateVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great breakfast brunch! Quality foods. Elvis the omelet chef is amazing and super fast! Great service and views. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysLulu1507Dined on 8/19/2014So far six.one.six is the winner of the restaurant week!Special Features:
- Great for a Birthday lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I had a birthday there for lunch and they made it really personal by bringing you a free dessert and writing Happy Birthday on the plate with ** yrs old! They do free parking too if you eat there also, Great Ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just average.BrittlyDined on 8/18/2014Food - good, but not memorable. Service - competent. Appeared to be an abundance of staff on duty. Because we were seated near the kitchen entryway it seemed like a non-stop parade of staff back and forth by our table. Atmosphere - a hotel (albeit a nice one), so the fact that it was not an overly inviting ambiance wasn't surprising. Not bad for a hotel restaurant, but would not seek it out again for anything other than a business lunch or as an easy option if we were staying at the hotel.
- TemperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014Dining room was chilly so we left our table to move into a front open booth. Too bad since the dining room ambiance is beautiful and the front booth gave us an entirely different feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious creativity!saladyDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful tastes, artfully combined and presented for Restaurant Week! Enjoyed the wine pairings, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We loved our waiter, Jeffery. The food was amazing and overall we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family LunchDinnerDateDined on 8/6/2014We took our 1 y/o soon to our favorite restaurant for the first time. He was able to enjoy his little kids dishes while we had a great meal as usual. The truffle fries are arguable the best menu item in the city. Our on the jdeck near the river, it was a perfect family lunch.Special Features:
- Astounding Ambience and ServicebadtummyDined on 8/3/2014We dined here on Sunday night and it was an outstanding experience. Fantastic service, perfect ambiance on the river with the sun going down. The food tasted amazing. We had an extremely pleasant waitress. It was a perfect 2 hours of pleasure. Unfortunately, I became very ill later that evening almost certainly from something I ate. After a day of bed-rest and extreme unpleasantness in the bathroom I am finally on my feet again. My wife was fine and suffered no ill effects from the food. I highly recommend this venue for drinks but you may want to think twice before you sample the amazing tasting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special timeBlessedDined on 8/3/2014My sister and I celebrated (with our husbands) our shared wedding anniversary with brunch. The outdoor seating faced the Grand River and provided a soothing ambience to go along with the delicious food and wonderful service. We had an awesome experience!Special Features:
- Outstanding Brunch!Jglas1009VIPDined on 7/27/2014I've visited Grand Rapids many times and this was my first time at six.one.six and I can't wait to go back! The brunch buffet was amazing. The food stayed fresh and the options were plentiful. One of the best brunches I've ever been to and brunch is always my favorite meal of the day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentFoodJunkyDined on 7/25/2014We made reservations to dine before going to the Buble concert, so it was supposed to be a splurge while being all dressed up to eat here. However, what a disappointment! We had reservations, but had to wait for our table even though the room wasn't full. Our table was the smallest in a tiny corner and we had another table not a foot away dining as well... It was not private at all. Our waiter was terribly slow, couldn't make recommendations, never brought us dinner rolls, and had absolutely no personality. We asked the lady that brought our entrees to bring us bread, she did but dumped half of it in my lap, so we only had a few pieces of blah white bread to enjoy. I will say, dinner was very tasteful, but TINY portions... Expensive meal.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I have been a few times and have always gotten great service. The staff are very welcoming. The food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchthedollDined on 7/20/2014Top notch food and atmosphere for an elegant Sunday brunch. We were looking for a place to go to be able to wear our Sunday best and hats. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining in Grand RapidsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014I have dined at Six One Six several times and am never disappointed. The menu is creative yet approachable. Most often my experiences are of a business nature, but this latest was with our teenage children. We all found items on the menu that we liked. So much so that we shared bites with each other. In other words, all four plates had wonderful food and we wanted to share. I would recommend to business people and families with teenagers. The wine list is sufficiently extensive to find a nice selection across varied price points.Special Features:
- Six One Six Scores High With UsMaculmanDined on 7/11/2014Had a special dinner out at Six One Six in the JW Marriott Hotel and enjoyed the experience. Waitress Holly took care of us and enhanced the quality service. Entrees were exceptional. A bit loud from the combo in the adjacent lounge, but tolerable.Special Features:
- Superb LunchDaniDined on 6/30/2014I often take clients to the six one six for the wonderful ambience and the fantastic food. The food is consistently wonderful and the wait staff is extremely friendly and offers their favorite selections. I have yet to be disappointed with any of my selections. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RABRRAIdiner2013Dined on 6/20/2014Food and service were great. There was a loud party near by.Special Features:
- The following 536 reviews are from the Six One Six - JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids reviews archive.
- LunchDaniDined on 5/30/2014This is the second time in a few weeks I visited the six one six and both times it was very enjoyable; notably this time we were outside and it was quiet as it wasn't very busy but the staff was very attentive and we truly enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014I had not eaten at this restaurant for dinner; Met a friend for a business dinner and the food was unique and very good. I had the pork belly appetizer which is so tender it litterally evaporates in your mouth; then the pheasant breast which had great flavor and tender inside and crispy outside. Wine list was excellent and the Service was excellent while not intrusive - Just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Food and Service!GRFoodieDined on 5/18/2014Six One Six NEVER disappoints for the Food - we were there again for the breakfast and enjoyed the tasteful and gourmet style breakfast spread - salmon, gourmet omelettes, waffles made to order, frittata, delicious pastries, lots of fresh berries and fruit. Waitress was a gem - she inquired about the gifts we had brought and when she found out we were celebrating our daughter's high school graduation, she brought a very special dessert with "Congratulations" written in chocolate on the plate!! She arranged for a tour of the concierge level when she found out that our mother-in-law had never been there - excellent! For future, would request a seat with a view (as we sat in the back area for the first time) and the violin was too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ordinaryMickiVIPDined on 5/13/2014Mostly flavorless, lacked creativity. My guest and I had lunch here, and for the most part, I was disappointed. The Marriott can and should do better.
- Mother's Day BrunchNotonetocriticizeDined on 5/11/2014We made reservations for five for Mother's Day Brunch at Six One Six. Maybe we had unrealistic expectations, thinking this brunch would be similar to Charley's Crab and others we have been to, but we were mistaken. When we arrived, there were not many people in the restaurant, but they still sat us outside the restaurant, in the Mixology Bar area. Right away, we felt like we were outcasts. Essentially, we were sitting in the lobby of the hotel. The selection of food to choose from seemed more like a continental breakfast, instead of a Mother's Day Brunch buffet. I would not recommend Six One Six for brunch.
- Great dinner for our anniversarywm8cDined on 5/10/2014We ended up here because we couldn't get into Ruth's Chris for dinner as there were no open reservations for that evening. We were staying at the JW Marriott for the weekend so this restaurant was conveniently located. Overall the dinner was fine albeit somewhat overpriced for the experience. We had eaten at Ruth's Chris for our anniversary the previous year when we stayed at the Amway so this is what I'm basing my comparison on. For our soup we had the seafood chowder which was excellent. We both ordered the filet for dinner. Our steak was cooked to perfection but was not aged as long as I would have expected for such a high end dining experience. I love that this restaurant used all locally procured foods for their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice morning breakfastKurtDined on 5/4/2014It was a nice end to a romantic weekend. We had a great time on an anniversary weekend away from the kids for the night. The display was nice and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal & great staffLeslieMacDined on 5/3/2014I had a group of 6 for a surprise baby shower and the restaurant and staff for incredibly accommodation and the food was fantastic. Kudos!Special Features:
- Prom DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We went to six one six for our senior prom dinner and the expirence was wonderful. Our server was very nice and the restraunt was comftorable, welcoming and elegant to fit our attire. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014taking friends out for a special dinner! food, service and total experience was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Made a reservation online...arrived a few minutes early and they were ready to seat my date and I...the waitress of exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items...the environment was family friendly yet perfect for an quiet evening between a young couple.Special Features:
- wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Everything I expected and more! Wonderful food, service and atmosphere. Will definitely be back in the not to distant future.Special Features:
- Business Dinner HitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014I had three business VP's in from OH this week and we ate at Six One Six. Our service was excellent and the food top notch!Special Features:
- Outstanding!timetodineDined on 4/12/2014I recently dined with clients at six.one.six and found the entire evening to be outstanding from start to finish! The service, the ambiance, the timing between courses, the attention paid to us and not to be forgotten... the FOOD!!! The flavors were fresh, light and layered perfectly! The NY Strip steak was incredible as was the "lovely soup" of the day, a Parmesan broth with white beans and pancetta, to die for! Another favorite was the shiitake risotto, so delicious! The experience was fantastic and made a wonderful impression on my guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceRonHouseDined on 4/6/2014Once again the Six One Six has demonstrated to us what good food and great service is all about. We brought my Brother and his daughter here for Sunday Brunch. The service was what fantastic. They were there when they were needed and stayed in the back ground the rest of the time. They were polite and always accommodating. The food was top notch pulling from local farms and suppliers. Great bacon, sausage, yogurt, fruits, cheeses and many other top of the line fair. Best of all are the omlets prepared by Elvis. I Love The Six One Six.Special Features:
- Business meetingRoadwarrior78Dined on 4/1/2014I met with a potential customer for dinner Tuesday evening. The service was top Notch and the atmosphere quite enough to hold a Business meeting. Will done here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.