Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sisuuptown.com/
- Phone: 214) 871-2888
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday Through Friday: 4:00pm-2:00am Dinner until 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Dinner until 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am -4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stefon Rishel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Dj's Nightly following Dinner Service
- Special Events: See Specials for Valentines Day Prix-Fixe Menu
A word from SISU Uptown
SISU provides an atmosphere for an Casual Coastal Dining, Saturday and Sunday brunch, as well as poolside cocktails. SISU is defiantly a cut from a different cloth that anybody can enjoy without the stuffiness or snobbery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SISU Uptown reviews from OpenTable diners
- Brunch ReviewJessZDined on 11/10/2013Service was ok. It took awhile to get a drink order, but the mimosas were $2 at brunch and so were the Bloody Mary's. Food was unique and excellent, and the price was amazing. It was pretty empty for brunch, but we showed up late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint, cheerful spot withNew2SISUDined on 10/12/2013Quaint, cheerful spot with excellent food and great service. First trip to SISU. Celebrating daughter's 17th birthday. Turned out to be a perfect place to do so. There WAS a large croud of OU folks on the first floor, but it was well managed and didn't affect our night out. We tried several different entrees and all got rave reviews. They have a great outdoor area as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had appetizers and pizza.GMGMDined on 9/27/2013We had appetizers and pizza. The oysters were delicious with all the ingredients standing out because they were well balanced. The shrimp cocktail w/ oysters was more of a Mexican cocktail but was superb. The thin crust pizza was very good as well and was a new item to the menu, I believe. Our waiter suggested 2 Chardonnays for us and both were very good but different. The entire staff seemed friendly and outgoing and at one time or another all of them checked on our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SISU is not just a late night barsharonVIPDined on 8/9/2013The dining room is light and attractive with high ceilings and comfortable chairs. The Calamari was well cooked and tender (we opted out of the red pepper flakes), the aioli was hot. The crispy sea bass was moist & flaky with a very crisp skin, slightly under-cooked asparagus atop flavorful heirloom tomato slices. Grilled salmon was prepared perfectly as well. The shrimp and corn bisque was wonderfully flavored, but just too spicy to enjoy. A few tweaks and this might become my favorite new Uptown restaurant, until everyone else discovers it.Special Features:
- Only dislike is the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013Only dislike is the music they play during brunch. It's way too loud and way too obnoxious for an 11am brunch. Great night time music, but they need to mellow it out for daytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crispy Quail with bacon jalapenoLEllenVIPDined on 6/16/2013Crispy Quail with bacon jalapeno waffle with spicy honey, OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the wednesday ladiesMelissaloo27VIPDined on 6/12/2013Love the wednesday ladies dinner night. would love to see menu ahead of time on facebook, thanks!Special Features:
- BrunchDallasTravelingManVIPDined on 6/2/2013Great Sunday brunch. Texas benedict, corned beef hash and french toast were all excellent. Mimosas and bloody marys were $2. Service was attentive and very helpful. The waiter had great suggestions. At noon, it was only about half full. The pool doesn't open until 1PM so there is no poolside seating until then, but there is indoor and patio seating. Chef came out to see if we were happy - a nice touch. Prices are reasonable. A definite must-try.Special Features:
- Night Club with food.....FunFoodie2121Dined on 5/25/2013Dined at Sisu, Firday night....they restaurant had an electric vibe filled with tons of beautiful Dallas-ites. The speed of service was the first thing that stuck out like a sore thumb. After being tucked in a small table upstairs, it took about 15 minutes before we were even greeted. Server made up for loss ground and offered us "hand crafted" cocktails. There was nothign hand crafted about the cocktail i recieved, not to mention it came in a plastic glass. The small plates, hit all the proper taste notes that they should have just over priced for the product that you recieved. The entrees are were the ball was really dropped. Filet and seabass came out burnt out the outside and undercooked in the core. Won't be returning for dinner......Special Features:
- THE WORSTOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/22/2013I am ashamed that I even stepped foot in here. Not only was the service the worst I've seen in Dallas, the food tasted and looked like it had come out of a freezer box a few minutes before. I had to ask for silverware THREE separate times and then the waiter added his own 25% tip.
- Pick up place for Bootie callsysEatsGoodFoodDined on 5/19/2013Singles only or Bootie calls. My Sea Bass was excellent! Very loud D.J. women in bikini's, most guy's dressed like slobs. I would not go out or even start a conversation w/ any of these men at this place, not my type.Special Features:
- My wife and I visited SisuKesslerParkdadDined on 5/15/2013My wife and I visited Sisu for the first time in May 2013. The voice level and energy was a little more than we typically prefer but the hostess seated us in a separate room upstairs that was noticably quieter and offered a great view of downtown. The food was very good - I especially recommend the shrimp and corn bisque. Our waiter was very thoughtful and anticipated our needs.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutCarol1VIPDined on 5/14/2013We 3 ladies had a fun evening at SiSu. Got there in time for the great happy hour prices on their delicious appetizers. Shared 3, Angus sliders being the best. Service was good and sitting outside on such a lovely Tuesday evening was wonderful! Sorry to learn that the pool area is now being kept only for private parties. Had hoped to sit in that area. Cocktails were really good also. Hope they will be open for a long time!Special Features:
- cool spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Everything we ordered for brunch was absolutely delicious! The coctails were awesome too! The decor was bright and modern and the atmosphere was very fun. The music was probably too loud for a romantic date but it didn't bother us. The service was great all around. Next time we plan to sit at the open-air bar or maybe out by the pool. We would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed, at bestBrotherBDined on 5/12/2013The staff was very accomodating. Music was way too loud for brunch. I did not expect to have to pay to park in the restaurant's own parking lot. But the prices were extremely reasonable for a place of this type. Some of the meals were just mediocre, others were great. Overall it was good, but I don't think I'll go back again unless it's just for drinks by the pool.Special Features:
- SiSu has become the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2013SiSu has become the place to be for Sunday brunch. SiSu is where the party is at.Special Features:
- The place was very trendyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2013The place was very trendy inside. I love the decor. My server Javier was so pleasant and helpful. he took me on a tour and showed me the back patio where the pools were. He then informed me of all the events. I really appreciated that. Every thing sas delicious. I cant wai to go back.Special Features:
- Food was great, however waiterdallasDined on 3/10/2013Food was great, however waiter and manager could be more friendly and not rushing us out so they could seat someone else.Special Features:
- Completely empty on a ThursdayfoodsterVIPDined on 3/7/2013Completely empty on a Thursday evening. The patio area by the pool looked fun for a private party. Food was disappointing. Sounded like great dishes on the menu, but they did not deliver. Not terrible, but not good. Definitely overpriced for what it was. Would not go back.
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013The food was great and the service was wonderful. The manager came by to ask us about the service and quality of the food. They have such a pretty back yard with a very romantic ambiance for a date night. Definitely want to come back especially when the weather is warmer!Special Features:
- We went on a Tuesday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2013We went on a Tuesday evening which is a perfect night to sample new dining experiences for me. Look forward to going back and see how it does with the crowds on the weekend.Special Features:
- Poor Service and TrainingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013This place has so much potential but they better act fast because there are many issues I see. First of all the servers need more training. They did not know the menu. They were out of a lot of items - the ones we wanted unfortunately. The manager walked around with his hands in his pockets which is signs of insecurities and boredom. I notice these things because I am in hospitality and a manager. We paid with a groupon. Huge mistake. Nobody knew how to process it and in the meantime I'm not even sure we used our entire 40.00 which was not discussed. The girl that waited on us apologized for everything and was as nice as she could be but not trained very well. We never even knew her name. chef was pleasantSpecial Features:
- Great Dinner & Drinks - Fun Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013Dining at SISU was a wonderful evening. The food was perfect! The after dinner drinks by the pool (under the tent) mingling with the other patrons was fun. We enjoyed DJ too! We will definitely return to the SISU.Special Features:
- No New Years dinner for usOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I had reservations for dinner at 10:15 on New Years Eve. We arrived 20 minutes early and had to fight thru the masses of young people crowding the Our table was not ready so we waited near the bar until we finally gave up about 10:45. The place was so crowded and noisy with New Years partiers that if we had gotten a table it would have been impossible to converse. I understand it was New Years Eve and restaurants had planned for large groups to celebrate at midnight. However, this restaurant should not have accepted dinner reservations they could not honor. The four of us ended walking the street looking for a place to eat. Although the menu looked interesting I feel no need to go out of my way to give SISU another try.
- NYE 7:30,8ppl.Got seated promptly,hOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012NYE 7:30,8ppl.Got seated promptly,however it then took 30 minutes to get our drinks, another 30 for the first course to come out.Fixed menu at 45$ before 9PM for trio of apps, short ribs w/ 1 scallop,trio of desserts.Food was great! Then we got our tab. Took over 30 minutes to get it right as we got separate checks & it seemed like we were either overcharged or undercharged. Could not seem to get it right. After the 3rd attempt, just took it our bills & paid. Valet was a mess. Our cars are parked right in view of the valet stand, yet took 10+ minutes to get our cars. After leaving SISU, turns out one person got double charged TWO different amts on his credit card, another got charged THREE times. Sent an email to GM, no reply so far.Special Features: