885 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sirosny.com/
- Phone: 2124866400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brady Dillon
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Siro's
The origin of the restaurant's name dates back to 1945 when Jimmy Siro, maitre d' at the Waldorf Astoria, purchased the Lincoln Avenue eatery that was known as The Maranese Restaurant. And it was off to the races for this trackside restaurant. A Saratoga institution, the original Siro's has been a staple on the upstate social circuit since it opened. While the intensity was fever pitch for the six-week track season, Siro's preferred to gallop into New York City to strut its stuff year-round. Several things contribute to the mystique of Siro's aside from just the history and tradition – wealth and privilege, celebrities and politicians, governors and grifters, not to mention the beautiful women that are constantly pursued by them all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Siro's reviews from OpenTable diners
- With one word - weird. OnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2013With one word - weird. On a saturday night they had a load karaoke like entertainer whose volume was way too loud, and that coming from someone who enjoys music. The place is very large and we were among maybe 6 tables. The service was terrible and all the waiters seemed to be very sketchy. Brought us the wrong drinks, came out with the wrong food, waited 15 mins for our check, etc. Its a shame because its a good location and the food was actually decent.
- i live in the neighborhooddiningdivaVIPDined on 3/7/2013i live in the neighborhood and went to Siro's for convenience. it's a bit of a mish mosh. the front is a bar like atmosphere, they have live music which is nice for drinks, the back room for dining has tableclothes and looks very nice. the problem is that the music is deafeningly loud and obliterates having a conversation. it is ridiculous,they bother to separate the bar from the dining but pay no mind to how intrusive the music is. it ruined my meal and visit.with my dining companion. the service was so amateurish, and only fair. the food was good. overall, i was annoyed when I left and i think it was the noise that ruined it for mrSpecial Features:
- It was HORRIBLE. THE STAFFHappyVIPDined on 3/6/2013It was HORRIBLE. THE STAFF WAS VERY NICE. WOULD NEVER GOO BACK AGAIN.
- First two bottles of wineChuckkVIPDined on 3/4/2013First two bottles of wine selected were not available; advised of unavailable entrees 15 minutes after ordering; food was OK once it finally got there. Have to wonder if they will be around too much longer.
- the food is very good, thelobsterloverDined on 3/2/2013the food is very good, the servers are very attentive, very pleasant singer on Saturday night, wish more people knew about and frequented this restaurant.
- The service is the star hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2013Beautiful room, suited for romance with secluded banquettes as well as large tables for groups. Masculine but beautiful and elegant decor evoking Siro's Saratoga racing heritage. Service was professional and we were well cared for without being fussed over. Bar was lovely and there seemed to be regulars, always a good sign. Wine list had what we wanted in a premium wine/excellent vintage. The well-crafted menu was balanced and featured favorites you will love with a litle twist. Rack of lamb arrived as double chops which were done to perfection as ordered. The seared tuna was a bit overdone for rare. All in all, the food was good but our reason for returning will be the ambience, service and bar.Special Features:
- Siro's is alive and fun!JuelvaDined on 2/23/2013Siro's is alive and fun! Nice crowd. Great singer/entertainer which encourages crowd singing and dancing.Special Features:
- Good, but not for Valentine's DayEatoutalotVIPDined on 2/14/2013Went there on Valentine's Day having picked the restaurant because it looked like it would be a quiet room suitable for a business dinner and conversation. Without warning us they subjected us to a very mediocre singer who essentially sang non-stop from 7:30 to around 10:30. It seemed to us that other tables wanted to talk as well, but that was nearly impossible. They had my email, why didn't they warn us?
- I had a very wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I had a very wonderful experience see,the food was great,waiter was very polite and friendlySpecial Features:
- Don't Go.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/1/2013This is a terrible restaurant and is likely to close down within the next week so I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to write this...
- Took out of town friends toRudynhDined on 1/28/2013Took out of town friends to Siro's this week for dinner. It was a perfect evening. The food was superb, and beautifully served. Siro's has now been added to our favorites list and we are planning for a return visit soon. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- The waiter knew his menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/21/2013The waiter knew his menu and wines and read my mood for a totally indulgent afternoon lunch perfectly. The food was amazing. Service was right there when I wanted it -- no more, no less -- perfect. Will definitely go back whenever possible.Special Features:
- Siro's is definitly an unknownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013Siro's is definitly an unknown treasure. Still fairly new in Manhattan it caught my attention with a calm and quiet atmosphere, an accommodating and helpful wait staff, and quality food. Siro's is a must in your travel plans off your looking for a good night out.Special Features:
- We were seated by a graciousOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/5/2013We were seated by a gracious maitre' de in a comfortable booth. There is a good selection of wines. However, we could not find a Riesling, but our waiter suggested a white wine we both enjoyed. The ambiance is quiet, with subdued live music. The decoration is modern and elegant, mostly black and white. We ordered baked clams, rack of lamb, and crème brulle, all cooked and served to perfection. We topped off our meal with an excellent cup of American coffee. The service was attentive and efficient. We are pleased to find a wonderful, new restaurant to enjoy.Special Features:
- First timer at Siro's andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2012First timer at Siro's and we were pleasantly suprized! Everything was wonderful and we plan on returning.Special Features:
- Seeing, it was the day afterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2012Seeing, it was the day after Christmas & & late for lunch, I wasn't certain what I would find & could expect. Yes it was quiet. yes it had few guest. The attention, food & service was perfect.Special Features:
- A great place for quality,AliYuVIPDined on 12/24/2012A great place for quality, mellow dining in the Turtle Bay neighborhood. My kids and mother-in-law all love it, as do my husband and I. What could be better than that?Special Features:
- Very attentive and pleasantNinaVIPDined on 12/6/2012Very attentive and pleasant wait staff. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- MY NEW FAVORITE RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012A+ FOOD, A+ SERVICE A+ ATMOSPHERE A+ COMFORT A+ STAFF A+ MICHAELSpecial Features:
- Excellent Meal and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012We had heard of Siro's from folks who dined at their Saratoga restaurant. After making the reservation, saw some less than flattering reviews but decided to try it anyway. Very glad that we did. We had great food, great service and a fun night. Our waiter was engaging, funny and definitely played off the crowd. He was always accessible if you needed anything and was constantly checking on us to see if we needed anything. We were far from his only table, he just was that good!! The food was well prepared and very good. Could not ask for better apple strudel for dessert!! Lobster tacos ---great appetizer. Would definitely go back and enjoy another great meal.Special Features:
- Great location, needs a better menuOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2012I took a break from my normal restaurant in this area to take clients to, The Palm. I wish I hadn't. The menu is extremely limited. Every fish and chicken dish on the menu was fried. Noone I was with eats red meat, so, this left us with a very limited menu. At The Palm, you can bring non-meat eaters there, and they have several fish to choose from, and will cook them pretty much anyway. There was only 1 or 2 tables occupied at the same time we had lunch, which is not a good sign, especially for the location. The space itself is very nice and spacious. The server was very nice, and did a great job, which was a nice plus.Special Features:
- MY WIFE AND I WENT TO SARATOGAOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2012MY WIFE AND I WENT TO SARATOGA SPRINGS FOR THE RACES AND HEARD ABOUT SIRO'S TRATTORIA. WE LIVE IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND EAT OUT 5-6 TIMES A WEEK. I WOULD RATE THIS RESTAURANT WITH THE BEST OF SOUTH FLORIDA AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHINGSpecial Features:
- Good food and Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/10/2012We had a really great time at Siro's while dining with another couple. The food was amazing (I had the crispy chicken and my husband and friends had The steak sandwich, crab cakes and filet). Excellent service too! I would recommend this neighborhood gem to family and friends.Special Features:
- Siro's was not overly busyLove2dineVIPDined on 7/30/2012Siro's was not overly busy the night we were there. We sat on the informal Grill Room side which is a nice bar/pub atmosphere. Food was very good and service was friendly and attentive. It is a nice place for a group Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Thank goodness Turtle BayAliYuVIPDined on 7/9/2012Thank goodness Turtle Bay has a new watering hole of the quality of Siro's. The restaurant offers quality fare for both casual and upscale clientele. Everything- from burgers to steaks to the no-nonsense crab cake- is top notch.Special Features:
- They closed the main dinningHugoVIPDined on 7/7/2012They closed the main dinning room and only serving the sports bar. The manager walks around obnoxiously looking at every table. Sad because their food is not bad. I give them a few months before they close.
- The food was excellent. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2012The food was excellent. It is a shame that more people were not present. Space is beautiful, but a bit large. They may have difficulty filling such a large space. Service was good, sometimes too many waiters trying to please. Definitely would go back. Nice touch when general manager stopped by to ask how everything was. Werner LevySpecial Features:
- It's good to see Siro's inLikestoeatVIPDined on 6/29/2012It's good to see Siro's in the neighborhood. The place looks wonderful with the paintings and photo's of races past. The service and food were good. We shall give it another try in hopes that it will be a good addition to the 'hood.
- Great, well-prepared fare.AliYuVIPDined on 6/28/2012Great, well-prepared fare. The cocktails are fabulous. I've been there with clients as well as with my teenaged son and had great experiences both times.Special Features:
- The food was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2012The food was delicious but the space is overbearing. Very large and quiet. Could be because it was a Monday night. But felt cavernous. Hopefully people will realize how good the food is and will start going there.Special Features:
- Had such a wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2012Had such a wonderful evening. Hung out at the bar - bartender very attentive and friendly. Then had dinner with friends in the grille. Very comfortable table . Chairs we wanted to bring home with us. Attentive service and very good food. Crab cakes best we've had.Special Features:
- Great Local Find!NYDinerDined on 6/16/2012My friend and I walked past Siro's one night and the menu looked good, so we decided to try it - glad we did! The decor is NY racing-themed, with photos of racetracks, jockeys, and horses. Our waiter was fantastic; never hovered, but always around if we needed him. The food was also very good - as appetizers, we tried the lobster tortilla, which had a great corn salad, and the beef carpaccio which was great. Our pasta entrees were also excellent. Our waiter brought over a tray of desserts for us to choose from, but none of them particularly stood out - we ended up ordering sorbet. Overall, we would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Siro's at 48th St and 2nd AveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2012Siro's is a welcome addition to 48th Street and 2nd Avenue. I like the restaurant for the simplicity of the design. The tables are a nice distance apart. The hostesses and waiters are very friendly. The appetizer was good, but I thought a little skimpy. I was surprised no bread was offered. The entree was recommended and it wasperfect in taste and portion and price. I am just so happy to have a new and nice restaurant in the neighborhood. I will go back often.Special Features:
- Only place to go is up.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2012Food was very good but the service was poor. I understand they are working out the kinks, but you can't wait 15 minutes to order then 20 minutes to get a burger and crab cake for lunch. As I left, I mentioned it to the hostess and she shrugged her shoulder and said we are working on it.
- I recognized the buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2012I recognized the building right away once I got there. The place has been 3-4 different restaurants since I've lived in New York (11 years). Arrived at 6:30 and the place was D-E-A-D. We had drinks at the bar and then dined in the smaller dining room. Food is tasty but there is really no ambience.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2012Terrific continental food, vibrant atmosphere, and beautiful surroundings. Best crab cakes ever!Special Features: