915 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sirocrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 202-628-2220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Siroc Restaurant
Chef Martin Lackovic, formerly of Galileo, I Matti and The Caucus Room, opens Siroc Restaurant on McPherson Square with brothers Keram and Mehdi Dris, who run the front of the house. Siroc's seasonal menu features cooking inspired by Italy and the Mediterranean with housemade pastas, charcuterie, salads and entrées. The new restaurant takes its name from a wind that blows from northern Africa to Italy and the Mediterranean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siroc Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Siroc Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)great for outdoor dining (73)great for lunch (69)special occasion (66)neighborhood gem (66)romantic (64)good for groups (29)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food, Great PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Dinner was very good and the price very fair. Only drawback was that a Negroni was not made properly. The food made up for this deficiency.Special Features:
- No frills, great pastas.BreadAndButterDined on 8/29/2014No frills, great classic pastas. Nice patio, not crowded, not too expensive.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsGwenVIPDined on 8/27/2014Every time I visit D.C. I make a point of visiting Siroc. The menu is original. The food combinations are unique. The chef obviously puts thought into his meals and it shows. The food is always properly prepared, never under or over cooked. I appreciated the chef's complimentary sample offering which is always very delicious. I recommend Siroc highly!Special Features:
- It's always goodBillVIPDined on 8/27/2014My office is nearby so I go to Siroc often, with clients and with friends. The food always is great, the service excellent and the overall experience very nice. the menu is modern Italian with good daily specials. Especially at night it has a neighborhood feel to it, even though it is just a few blocks from the White House. It can be noisy inside on a busy lunch day, but the outdoor area on a nice day or night is just wonderful.Special Features:
- Ok, but that is allMcIeatsDined on 8/26/2014Found the menu an eclectic mix but nothing truly stood out as a wow entree. In end, ordered chili spag and while pasta homemade the sauce flavors very muted. Nothing special here in my view, especially in light of the 4-star pricing.
- Terrific as usualMikeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very nice place with excellent food. One of my favorite business dinner locations as you can actually have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!!JMNfoodDined on 8/24/2014Siroc was fantastic the Restaurant was clean the Hostess was very nice the Server was very good and the Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid PerformerellenefrosVIPDined on 8/23/2014I know this place is popular with lots of tourists, but we live not too far and make it a point to dine here. The food always us good and the service extremely friendly and professional. Also, a big benefit-- you can carry on a conversation without screaming! A good place in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerkarencitaDined on 8/23/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find that the restaurant extended their restaurant week menu. The food was excellent and the service prompt and polite.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful meal at Siroc, with prompt, unobtrusive service and fresh pasta dishes to die for, although my wife's beef short rib ravioli was a little better than my scallops with black pepper tagliatelle. Prices were very competitive and fair. Will definitely return the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining by McPherson SquareJerry13Dined on 8/18/2014Located off of McPherson Square, Siroc is conveinient to several hotels near the White House. The menu is varied with savory listings that creatively bled flavors, textures and presentation. The accompanying sauces compliment the dishes. The salmon is flavorful and moist. Very good wine list by the glass or bottle. Friendly and attentive but not smothering service. Siroc will be a repeat when my wife and I visit DC again.Special Features:
- Great find in great locationmyviewDined on 8/16/2014Visited Siroc for the first time for a birthday dinner during DC Restaurant Week. Creative menu choices with four courses offered. I've been to Italy several times and the pasta course was as good or better than anything I have had there. Nice ambiance, close to metro. All in all, a wonderful evening and look forward to another visit to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealNkssVIPDined on 8/16/2014I hate to review restaurants during restaurant week because it seems unfair, as they're not operating under their normal conditions. So with that caveat, my dinner party had mixed reviews of Siroc. My husband thought everything about his meal was excellent, and for him it was a memorable meal. I thought that each of my courses was good, but only one of them was so good that I would order it again (the pepper pasta with scallops). We eat out a lot and given all the great food in DC, I won't be rushing back. Perhaps my expectations were unrealistically high given Siroc's very high reviews, but it didn't wow me as I was expecting.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week GemAlizarin22Dined on 8/16/2014My friend and I were in town for a concert and looked for a place along our walking-route to sit and catch up over dinner. We saw online reviews for Siroc and decided to check it out. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and were both really pleased with the quality of our dinner. We enjoyed long conversation over four delicious courses and a bottle of champagne. Would definitely seek the restaurant out again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!Luv2dineoutDined on 8/15/2014Best food out of the three places I visited during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a second visitDCFoodieDined on 8/13/2014The service was outstanding. The wait staff very attentive an d meals were delivered quickly. The wine list was wide and varied and the merlot I eventually chose was excellent. The scallops were a bit soggy as were the vegetables accompanying my snapper filet but the snapper itself was perfection. I would definitely go again outside of Restaurant Week to see if things change when they have a full service menu.Special Features:
- Food magicScepticDined on 8/13/2014A creative chef brings great surprises to each dish. The remarkable lamb shank would have been more handsome if cooked slightly less.. The salmon and chocolate mousse deserved photographing; taste for all, outstanding.Special Features:
- Always a terrific mealBuckeyeDined on 8/13/2014It was restaurant week when we last went to Siroc. Place was hopping but the service and food was delicious. We sat outside on a rare not too hot and humid August day. Delightful! Two of had arugula salad with gorgonzola, and grilled branzino and the thrid diner had the pasta Bolognese. He loved it. Dessert was poached pear or a chocolate hazelnut torte. Pear should have been served with a knife and fork as it was hard to cut up, but still tasty. Torte was great. We always have a good meal at Siroc--and this was no exception--except it was onlt $20.14!Special Features:
- Pick WiselyAshburnerDined on 8/13/2014Some of the best food OR not so good. Pick wisely.Special Features:
- GabrielleAugiegabsDined on 8/12/2014Two friends and I ate at Siroc on a Tuesday night for dinner during restaurant week. The food was fabulous, our waitress was appropriately attentive, and overthe ambiance was very relaxing. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- lunchfoodiemonsterDined on 8/12/2014great for lunch popular among suits and there were several larger groups in attendance as well, seems to be the go to choice for many professionals in the areaSpecial Features:
- Terrific lunch as alwaysDCnativeDined on 8/11/2014Despite temporary street construction, popular Siroc always delivers on lovely terrific & imaginative food. Plates are always beautiful and the tastes imaginative and well designed. Compliments to the chef and kitchen. We sat outside, and my only negative (for this visit only!) was late in the meal, jackhammers interrupted conversation. But this will be over soon. We've eaten here several times, inside and out on their patio overlooking McPherson Square. After dining there, my husband and I always ask, Why don't we eat here more often? No good reason. Add Siroc to your go-to downtown list of great places to eat: (15th & I, NW just east of McPherson Square).Special Features:
- Best value in DCRickVIPDined on 8/4/2014For your money, you can't beat Siroc! It is very reasonably priced, and the food is top-notch. All of their fish dishes are outstanding - perfectly cooked, and seasoned to enhance the natural flavors without drowning them. They also have several outstanding pastas, which you can order in half portions that are still ample. If I'm hungry, I sometimes order two half-portions of the pastas, to complement each other. You might find better food at a dozen or so restaurants in the area, but you'll pay at least twice as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and atmosphereTrevYoung22Dined on 7/31/2014I searched for restaurants for a long time for a special evening with my girlfriend, and i'm very glad I chose Siroc Restaurant. It's a great place for a date or a group of friends. The atmosphere was absolutely incredible when you walk in. The service was excellent and more importantly the food was to die for. After we took our order we received bread from the waiter which was the most delicious bread I have ever tasted. I ordered the Chili Spiced Spaghetti, and it was by far the best spaghetti with all of the flavors and spices. To finish off the night we had a dessert which was just absolutely amazing. If you are looking for a romantic evening with someone special or just look for a fancy place to eat with your friends, I recommend SR.Special Features:
- Lovely place - good foodLisaMidtownDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed a long celebratory lunch here. Service was excellent - everything very fresh, tasty. Not overpriced for the area. I just really like this solid performer. Good Italian wine selection. Fresh mozzarella was amazing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for lunchBacciVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have dined at Siroc a number of times for lunch. It is an affordable place, close to where I work, and the menu hosts a number of vegetarian and seafood option i prefer. The food is good - a bit too salty for my taste. I do take guests that come into town there and I do enjoy the lunch. However, I do not find it a place I would tend to select for a dinner option.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceprfctstrmDined on 7/30/2014Had a nice evening. Sampled a very nice salmon dish that I wound up craving more than my main dish! Which shows that there are many dishes on the menu to try that could satisfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent working lunchUKFoodiesVIPDined on 7/30/2014Ate at Siroc with two of my colleagues. We'd heard good things about the restaurant and we weren't disappointed. However, it isn't a super high-end restaurant - more of average quality. None of us ordered starters, but we all tucked into mains, including a salmon salad, steak sandwich and the filet of red snapper. The mains were nice, although the fish was a bit tough. We shared an order of gelato for pudding, and we weren't all that impressed -- it was full of ice crystals so gave the impression of not being fresh. The restaurant was very busy, but we did have a hard time getting our server to pay attention to us - it took ages to get the check. Would probably return, but it wasn't one of the most memorable lunches I've had in DC....Special Features:
- Very good for business lunchbreakfastloverVIPDined on 7/29/2014Our group of 5 enjoyed our business lunch. Service was prompt and professional and the dishes looked good. the seafood special was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good for a special occasionarsinghDined on 7/28/2014Came here for my boyfriend's birthday. A quick mention got us a candle on the desert plate, but thankfully no big to-do about it. The food was great, beautifully presented and came out pretty quickly. Venue had a great porch but it was very windy so we opted for indoors, which was slightly on the small side, but we never felt cramped. It was a Monday night though so on a busier night I can see how it could get crowded. Beat part for me was they used French Press coffee for our decaf coffee at dessert time and then left us the whole press. As a coffee lover, I was sold for that alone. Overall, great food, lovely venue, easy to get to and decently priced, prib best to go on a weekday if you're looking for a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer servicecustomerserviceguyDined on 7/26/2014Customer service was great. Every waiter and waitress took care of you not just one. Anyone would stop by and clean off plates, top off your beverages and etc as they passed by. Nice touch. A little small which results in it being a little louder. All in all greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The atmosphere was a bit loud and not as romantic as we had planned. The food was very good and the service was equally good. The menu did not have cannolies for desert so that was a disappointment yet overall it was a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Okaycg111Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I ordered two pasta dishes to share. Despite generous amounts of sauce we found the food to be bland.
- deliciousAriMVIPDined on 7/24/2014Very fresh fish and vegetables and love the European wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality in a good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/23/2014Siroc is a favorite business lunch spot for me. The food is consistently excellent, the service very good, and the noise is moderate enough to permit quiet conversation. My wife and I had dinner here one evening, as well, and really enjoyed finding a high quality place where we didn't have to shout at each other to be heard.Special Features:
- Great for a business lunchTHershDined on 7/22/2014Excellent service, delicious food in a refined atmosphere, an excellent option for lunch with clients or colleagues near McPherson Square.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2014Great Italian food. I had the eggplant with braised lamb. It was amazing. The space is beautiful. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always greatBillDined on 7/19/2014Siroc never ceases to impress, with new dishes rotating in seamlessly while the old favorites continue to be great.Special Features:
- Great findHungrymanDined on 7/19/2014Great atmosphere and not too loud. Gave it a moderate noise level since it seemed that the acoustics of the place carry people's voices so it was a little loud. The food was excellent and they just started giving out a new bread which tasted like soft pizza with light marinara sauce on it. Great wine list to choose fromSpecial Features:
- Excellent ItalianPartTimeChefA2Dined on 7/17/2014Went with a group of friends and colleagues during a DC conference trip and picked this place somewhat at random, but based on positive reviews. It was excellent. Fresh pasta, excellent wine, interesting kind servers, delicious salad & desert! We were offered a few complimentary tasting items as well!Special Features: