915 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sirocrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 628-2220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Siroc Restaurant
Chef Martin Lackovic, formerly of Galileo, I Matti and The Caucus Room, opens Siroc Restaurant on McPherson Square with brothers Keram and Mehdi Dris, who run the front of the house. Siroc's seasonal menu features cooking inspired by Italy and the Mediterranean with housemade pastas, charcuterie, salads and entrées. The new restaurant takes its name from a wind that blows from northern Africa to Italy and the Mediterranean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Siroc Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (68)romantic (59)great for lunch (57)great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (40)notable wine list (34)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- PTJPTJVIPDined on 11/13/2014The potato pancake appetizer was excellent and fairly unique. The menu had plenty that looked good, but I settled on penne with Gorgonzola and prosciutto, a solid choice. The portion was generous and its flavors blended well. The lunch came with bread. Service was very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average for USnil0Dined on 11/7/2014The wine list is good, not great. I'm not familiar with DC prices, but we just got back from Tuscany. We had a good Chianti Reserva. My osso bucco was good, not outstanding. The sweetbreads were in too spicy a sauce for a delicate taste, though the sauce was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy ravioli and delicious desertsCJdinerDined on 11/6/2014The short rib ravioli was tender pasta filled with shredded short rib meat that had a robust punch of flavor finish. Absolutely recommend and would definitely order again. You can't go wrong with the desserts and treat yourself to the French press or cappuccino--delish! Service was perfect and Evalina's recommendations on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XxMarkDined on 11/6/2014Have had lunch and dinner at Siroc several times and the food and service have always been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so salty. Maybe it's just me.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014My pasta was not very flavorful, and mostly just salty. I can concede this may be my tastebuds, as it seems that often when I go out these days, I'm overwhelmed by salt.
- Very nice dinnerBizdinerDined on 10/31/2014Our group had a very nice dinner at Siroc. Diners especially liked their pasta dishes, salads, and the delicious desserts. Looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find this was!sianisaysDined on 10/28/2014We found Siroc on the internet and chose it due to its proximity to our hotel in Washington as we honestly couldn't walk any more after walking 6 miles a day for the last 8 days!! This did not disappoint - we had a lovely romantic table. The service was outstanding and the food was incredible. So rich and tasty we did not want to leave. The wine was excellent too, but the highlight was our delightful Polish waitress who was an absolute delight as she was utterly charming. Thank you for a memorable last night in DC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2014Veal shank was disappointing from a usually excellent kitchen.Special Features:
- Excellent MealruntoeatDined on 10/26/2014An excellent meal was had by all. Salads were crisp and fresh; pastas very flavorful and not overcooked; and fish well cooked. Nice wine list and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysBesstDined on 10/25/2014Sirocco has become one of my "go to places" when I am taking family or friends out to dinner. The menu changes seasonally and there are always wonderful daily specials. The night we went they were featuring veal oso bucco. Superb!Special Features:
- We love SirocgardenladyDined on 10/25/2014Every time we are in DC we visit Siroc. The food and service are outstanding and the noise level is quite low so one can have a conversation with a spouse or with the wait staff. We recommend the cappellacci and the fennel/frisee saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Menu was limited in selection with many of the "typical" Italian specialties not on the menu. What was available and presented was most excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid RestaurantTonyKVIPDined on 10/24/2014Excellent restaurant in a good location. Has the potential to be a star restaurant in DC but I wasn't blow away with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemNedaVIPDined on 10/23/2014Siroc is a hidden gem. They have great food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Always PerfectPenmanshipVIPDined on 10/20/2014Whatever the daily specials are they are perfect. Great under the radar chef/owner. Wonderful wait staff. Always jammed because it is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotoutoftownerDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful ambience, great food, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Always a favoriteluvSirocDined on 10/17/2014When we considered where we would go for our 27th anniversary, we scrolled the list of many great restaurants in D.C., but came back to our favorite - Siroc. Martin Lackovic's pasta is sublime and there is nothing quite as good as the eggplant layered with lamb shank! The service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful timejtthtDined on 10/17/2014Great food, wonderful service excellent all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2014Noise level was more than energetic--it was loud where we had to talk loudly at our table to be heard. I suspect that was because it was storming outside and all the sidewalk diners were forced indoors. Every table was full AND close enough to rub elbows. Would have preferred a little more space but understand when unanticipated things (weather) occur).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianVPDtheFoodieDined on 10/13/2014Siroc was really a great surprise. The food was very good and the service attentive although somewhat slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu/ServiceWestieDined on 10/12/2014The service was a bit slow. The wait staff had way too many tables to tend to. The entree was very good. Limited dessert selection...was surprised that an Italian restaurant did not have tiramisu on their dessert menu.
- Relaxing evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014This was our first time to Siroc and we truly enjoyed dining there. Our waitress was very attentive, helpful and did not rush us during our dinner. My husband and I each tried a pasta dish and both were very good. The wine selection was excellent. We would definitely return here when we visit Washington, D.C. again!Special Features:
- great food but rushed servicedsdwDined on 10/11/2014I have dined at Siroc several times and the food is always top notch. Unfortunately, our last dinner there was spoiled by a service that was so rushed, it was bordering on rude. Fair enough it was a Saturday night but we arrived on time for our reservation and there were several other tables available so I don't understand why the waitress and service staff seemed intent on kicking us out - we are not 2 hour, hang on to the table eaters. My family and I had had a great night prior and, again, the food was exceptional but we were made to feel like we were on the clock.Special Features:
- Great food would come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014The food was really good and would come back to this restaurant when I return to DC.Special Features:
- Siroc Never DisappointsJuly2806Dined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary on a recent Friday night. From start to finish, it was a perfect evening. Started with a split portion of hand-made gnocchi and mussels as an appetizer. The pork tenderloin was flavorful and tender, its black pepper sauce spiked with marsala wine. The muscovy duck breast was served with a blueberry demi-glace. We finished with warm almond cake on a bed of zabaglione. Service was warm professional. Although the restaurant was almost full, conversation was easy -- a welcome change from most DC restaurants. Everything is made from scratch -- even the breads, pastas, and ice creams. Siroc never disappoints.Special Features:
- Fantastic pasta, butternut sq. soupRandomReviewerVIPDined on 10/8/2014While the vegetarian offerings are very limited, the butternut squash soup alone is something I would happily stop in for on a cold, damp day. The chef treated our group, most who were from out of town and there for the first time, to a delicious taste of a terrine (mushroom and something else I can't recall).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningSusanDined on 10/6/2014I was pleasantly surprised with now delicious the food was and how lovely the presentation as well. I had grilled eggplant and lamb - an unusual combination, but I ate every bite. The frisée and fennel salad with apricots was yummy as was the well priced wine. All and all it was a wonderful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 10/5/2014Overall a very nice dinner! Food was very good but I remember our last meal there being slightly better. Wish the skin on the Bronzino had been crispy.
- OutstandingOperaDined on 10/4/2014We made reservations as we wanted a restaurant in the downtown area of DC. The dinner & wine lists were very extensive (not overwhelming)! We had an early reservation at 6:00 (great timing) as by the time we had finished our delicious dinner the place was packed. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- RapunzelDined on 10/3/2014The starters were nice (we had sweetbreads and the lamb sausage) but big enough to be a small entree. The pasta was very ordinary. Boring, flavourless tagliatelli with a few limp scallops on top, and not much flavour.
- Best ItalianKittKattDined on 9/30/2014Siroc is the BEST Italian restaurant in DC! The owner comes out to check on you and will work to make your dining experience first class. The service and staff could not be more friendly! My first stop every time in DC! Excellent Wine List as well.Special Features:
- Outstanding as always!MitchDined on 9/28/2014My go to restaurant for a wonderful meal and classy casual atmosphere! I took two Australian friends who were visiting DC for the first time - perfect.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerCiCiDined on 9/27/2014I love the warmth of the restaurant and the friendliness of the staff. I definitely will return. The duck and porcini pasta was amazing. The spicy lamb sausage was a great appetizer. Service was well-timed and friendly, everything was affordable."Special Features:
- Nice little placeptatoDined on 9/20/2014Waitress was wonderful. Prices weren't horrid, though I guess I'm used to Manhattan prices. Food and dessert was very good. Apparently there was a wait, but I (obviously) got reservations just in case.Special Features:
- Empty Nesters DelightEmptyNestersDined on 9/20/2014With our youngest now at GW, we have decided to use Open Table to help us explore DC restaurants. This is our third nice dinner out, so ready to start reviewing/comparing. No trouble getting table on early Sat night - but by 7:30-8:00 place was full-and with good reason. Service was attentive, prompt; wine list broad/reasonable and several nice by the glass options. Bread was fresh/tasty/plentiful. Menu was available on-line and accurate, with a couple of daily specials. My scallop appetizer was tasty, cooked to perfection and my wife's salad was not your ordinary fare, but truly memorable. Pasta entrees did not disappoint (ravioli and fettuccine bolognese), and desserts ( pear / lava cake) worth the wait. $108/2 + tip - well earned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at SitocOutOfTownerDined on 9/18/2014Great service, great food. Will be back for sure next time in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at SirocOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I explained to the hostess that we needed a quiet table to spread out paperwork. She guided me to a nice table set up for three with plenty of room for two and may folders. Siroc is perfect for business lunch at noon as the place slowly filled up during the course of our meal. It never got really loud. I had the arugula salad with flank steak and my guest had the brazino. We both cleaned our plates. The bread served with lunch was quite good - we had to get a second basket!Special Features:
- Siroc RestauranthomecookDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed excellent appetizers, pasta dishes and wine in an intimate, small space. Our attentive server was knowledgeable about the menu and made good recommendations. Early reservation = low noise level and great ambiance. As the evening went on, there were more people and more noise, but it was never overwhelming. Large portions meant two of our party of three took home great left-overs. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotatthetroughDined on 9/12/2014Lunch or dinner, Siroc is always a gem. Terrific food at reasonable prices and wonderful, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always above and beyondMMMMMVIPDined on 9/12/2014While the food is always top notch what I appreciate most is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.