915 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sirocrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 202-628-2220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Siroc Restaurant
Chef Martin Lackovic, formerly of Galileo, I Matti and The Caucus Room, opens Siroc Restaurant on McPherson Square with brothers Keram and Mehdi Dris, who run the front of the house. Siroc's seasonal menu features cooking inspired by Italy and the Mediterranean with housemade pastas, charcuterie, salads and entrées. The new restaurant takes its name from a wind that blows from northern Africa to Italy and the Mediterranean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Siroc Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)special occasion (65)great for outdoor dining (61)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (55)notable wine list (32)good for groups (31)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Outstanding as always!MitchDined on 9/28/2014My go to restaurant for a wonderful meal and classy casual atmosphere! I took two Australian friends who were visiting DC for the first time - perfect.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerCiCiDined on 9/27/2014I love the warmth of the restaurant and the friendliness of the staff. I definitely will return. The duck and porcini pasta was amazing. The spicy lamb sausage was a great appetizer. Service was well-timed and friendly, everything was affordable."Special Features:
- Nice little placeptatoDined on 9/20/2014Waitress was wonderful. Prices weren't horrid, though I guess I'm used to Manhattan prices. Food and dessert was very good. Apparently there was a wait, but I (obviously) got reservations just in case.Special Features:
- Empty Nesters DelightEmptyNestersDined on 9/20/2014With our youngest now at GW, we have decided to use Open Table to help us explore DC restaurants. This is our third nice dinner out, so ready to start reviewing/comparing. No trouble getting table on early Sat night - but by 7:30-8:00 place was full-and with good reason. Service was attentive, prompt; wine list broad/reasonable and several nice by the glass options. Bread was fresh/tasty/plentiful. Menu was available on-line and accurate, with a couple of daily specials. My scallop appetizer was tasty, cooked to perfection and my wife's salad was not your ordinary fare, but truly memorable. Pasta entrees did not disappoint (ravioli and fettuccine bolognese), and desserts ( pear / lava cake) worth the wait. $108/2 + tip - well earned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at SitocOutOfTownerDined on 9/18/2014Great service, great food. Will be back for sure next time in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at SirocOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I explained to the hostess that we needed a quiet table to spread out paperwork. She guided me to a nice table set up for three with plenty of room for two and may folders. Siroc is perfect for business lunch at noon as the place slowly filled up during the course of our meal. It never got really loud. I had the arugula salad with flank steak and my guest had the brazino. We both cleaned our plates. The bread served with lunch was quite good - we had to get a second basket!Special Features:
- Siroc RestauranthomecookDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed excellent appetizers, pasta dishes and wine in an intimate, small space. Our attentive server was knowledgeable about the menu and made good recommendations. Early reservation = low noise level and great ambiance. As the evening went on, there were more people and more noise, but it was never overwhelming. Large portions meant two of our party of three took home great left-overs. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotatthetroughDined on 9/12/2014Lunch or dinner, Siroc is always a gem. Terrific food at reasonable prices and wonderful, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always above and beyondMMMMMVIPDined on 9/12/2014While the food is always top notch what I appreciate most is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Un lugar que cuida todos los detalles servicio, comida exquisita donde se nota la mano de un chefSpecial Features:
- Nice location for a work lunchgeorgetownDined on 9/11/2014We had a nice lunch here. Good menu options, service timely, and a quiet environment to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Really enjoyednesrobin4VIPDined on 9/11/2014My co-worker had the Dorado entree special as well as the homemade ice cream. I had the snapper entree and over indulged on the almond cake. Our entrees and desserts were well prepared and we thoroughly enjoyed them. The servers were courteous and attentive. I look forward to adding this restaurant to my regular list and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go To Lunch PlacePenmanshipVIPDined on 9/10/2014The daily specials, a pasta dish and a fish dish are always wonderful. The chef/owner is a remarkable talent. The staff is friendly and super well trained. The place is always packed, a testiment to pricing and quality. This is a can't miss experience every time. Love it, love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy? No. No soup & no varianceHappydinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant is nearby so I could go more often, but their menu is a bit limited so I don't think of it often. I cannot imagine why a restauratant that has a significant part of menu devoted to paninis (a sandwich) has absolutely no soup on the menu- ever. We shared the baratta mozzarella- yummy. I had a good fish dish, and I usually don't have fish. My guest had the portobello panini which he loved. He wanted to get a pasta with a portobello on the side, but the waitress said no- didn't even ask chef if it could be done. What happened to making the customer happy. As it turned out with all the potatoes with the portobello panini it was too much- substituting the portobello would have been just right.Special Features:
- Siroc met my expectations.GT1956Dined on 9/8/2014Whenever you are away from it can be a worry about where to have a business dinner. Siroc took away that worry completely. The food service and wines were excellent. My only negative was the noisy AC . GlennSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014I've been coming to Siroc for years and always recommend it to friends looking for authentic Italian. I have not been to Siroc in a very long time, but now they have a bar area, which I think is great. Finally! Every time I come I get the Beef Short Rib Raviolli, but this time it was different. I found a few pieces of large gristle and the beef wasn't shredded like it use to be. The sauce was a nice blend of braising liquid, but I miss the richness of the dish from years ago. For my starter I had the Burrata. It was excellent; and this coming from someone who doesn't typically like eggplant. I will say the Burrata was a tad saltier than I expected, but overall Siroc continues to deliver.
- quiet scenehumbldineDined on 9/5/2014This was the perfect place if you're looking for a quiet and peaceful dining atmosphere. I dined there with my wife for our wedding anniversary. It was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014Siroc had some great eats and is very recommendable for couples looking for a quiet and romantic dinner spot.Special Features:
- Good, not greatAnonymousVIPDined on 8/30/2014Concierge at our hotel recommended Siroc as a good, nearby restaurant. Service was very good, and we felt well taken care of. However, the food left something to be desired - the duck breast was swimming in way too much sauce and was fairly fatty; the pasta was ok but lacked creativity when it comes to flavor combinations and was not worth the price. That said, the restaurant was packed - every table was full and remained that way from 7:30 on (a fair number of children/families, too) so maybe we just didn't order well.
- Great Food, Great Prices8523Dined on 8/30/2014Dinner was very good and the price very fair. Only drawback was that a Negroni was not made properly. The food made up for this deficiency.Special Features:
- No frills, great pastas.BreadAndButterDined on 8/29/2014No frills, great classic pastas. Nice patio, not crowded, not too expensive.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsGwenVIPDined on 8/27/2014Every time I visit D.C. I make a point of visiting Siroc. The menu is original. The food combinations are unique. The chef obviously puts thought into his meals and it shows. The food is always properly prepared, never under or over cooked. I appreciated the chef's complimentary sample offering which is always very delicious. I recommend Siroc highly!Special Features:
- It's always goodBillVIPDined on 8/27/2014My office is nearby so I go to Siroc often, with clients and with friends. The food always is great, the service excellent and the overall experience very nice. the menu is modern Italian with good daily specials. Especially at night it has a neighborhood feel to it, even though it is just a few blocks from the White House. It can be noisy inside on a busy lunch day, but the outdoor area on a nice day or night is just wonderful.Special Features:
- Ok, but that is allMcIeatsDined on 8/26/2014Found the menu an eclectic mix but nothing truly stood out as a wow entree. In end, ordered chili spag and while pasta homemade the sauce flavors very muted. Nothing special here in my view, especially in light of the 4-star pricing.
- Terrific as usualMikeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very nice place with excellent food. One of my favorite business dinner locations as you can actually have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!!JMNfoodDined on 8/24/2014Siroc was fantastic the Restaurant was clean the Hostess was very nice the Server was very good and the Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid PerformerellenefrosVIPDined on 8/23/2014I know this place is popular with lots of tourists, but we live not too far and make it a point to dine here. The food always us good and the service extremely friendly and professional. Also, a big benefit-- you can carry on a conversation without screaming! A good place in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerkarencitaDined on 8/23/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find that the restaurant extended their restaurant week menu. The food was excellent and the service prompt and polite.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful meal at Siroc, with prompt, unobtrusive service and fresh pasta dishes to die for, although my wife's beef short rib ravioli was a little better than my scallops with black pepper tagliatelle. Prices were very competitive and fair. Will definitely return the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining by McPherson SquareJerry13Dined on 8/18/2014Located off of McPherson Square, Siroc is conveinient to several hotels near the White House. The menu is varied with savory listings that creatively bled flavors, textures and presentation. The accompanying sauces compliment the dishes. The salmon is flavorful and moist. Very good wine list by the glass or bottle. Friendly and attentive but not smothering service. Siroc will be a repeat when my wife and I visit DC again.Special Features:
- Great find in great locationmyviewDined on 8/16/2014Visited Siroc for the first time for a birthday dinner during DC Restaurant Week. Creative menu choices with four courses offered. I've been to Italy several times and the pasta course was as good or better than anything I have had there. Nice ambiance, close to metro. All in all, a wonderful evening and look forward to another visit to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealNkssVIPDined on 8/16/2014I hate to review restaurants during restaurant week because it seems unfair, as they're not operating under their normal conditions. So with that caveat, my dinner party had mixed reviews of Siroc. My husband thought everything about his meal was excellent, and for him it was a memorable meal. I thought that each of my courses was good, but only one of them was so good that I would order it again (the pepper pasta with scallops). We eat out a lot and given all the great food in DC, I won't be rushing back. Perhaps my expectations were unrealistically high given Siroc's very high reviews, but it didn't wow me as I was expecting.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week GemAlizarin22Dined on 8/16/2014My friend and I were in town for a concert and looked for a place along our walking-route to sit and catch up over dinner. We saw online reviews for Siroc and decided to check it out. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and were both really pleased with the quality of our dinner. We enjoyed long conversation over four delicious courses and a bottle of champagne. Would definitely seek the restaurant out again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!Luv2dineoutDined on 8/15/2014Best food out of the three places I visited during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a second visitDCFoodieDined on 8/13/2014The service was outstanding. The wait staff very attentive an d meals were delivered quickly. The wine list was wide and varied and the merlot I eventually chose was excellent. The scallops were a bit soggy as were the vegetables accompanying my snapper filet but the snapper itself was perfection. I would definitely go again outside of Restaurant Week to see if things change when they have a full service menu.Special Features:
- Food magicScepticDined on 8/13/2014A creative chef brings great surprises to each dish. The remarkable lamb shank would have been more handsome if cooked slightly less.. The salmon and chocolate mousse deserved photographing; taste for all, outstanding.Special Features:
- Always a terrific mealBuckeyeDined on 8/13/2014It was restaurant week when we last went to Siroc. Place was hopping but the service and food was delicious. We sat outside on a rare not too hot and humid August day. Delightful! Two of had arugula salad with gorgonzola, and grilled branzino and the thrid diner had the pasta Bolognese. He loved it. Dessert was poached pear or a chocolate hazelnut torte. Pear should have been served with a knife and fork as it was hard to cut up, but still tasty. Torte was great. We always have a good meal at Siroc--and this was no exception--except it was onlt $20.14!Special Features:
- Pick WiselyAshburnerDined on 8/13/2014Some of the best food OR not so good. Pick wisely.Special Features:
- GabrielleAugiegabsDined on 8/12/2014Two friends and I ate at Siroc on a Tuesday night for dinner during restaurant week. The food was fabulous, our waitress was appropriately attentive, and overthe ambiance was very relaxing. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- lunchfoodiemonsterDined on 8/12/2014great for lunch popular among suits and there were several larger groups in attendance as well, seems to be the go to choice for many professionals in the areaSpecial Features: