Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.queenmary.com/dining-bars/sir-winstons-restaurant-lounge/
- Phone: (562) 499-1657
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Henderson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Queen Mary’s award-winning culinary staff creates innovative banquet cuisine for groups from 10 to 5,000. We also feature several restaurants onboard, ranging from fine dining at Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge or Chelsea Chowder House & Bar to casual American fare at the Promenade Café.
- Private Party Facilities: Sir Winston's has two side rooms that can be closed for your special & private occasion.
- Private Party Contact: John Bowshewicz 5624996601x
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the lounge most nights, call to inquire for schedule.
- Special Events: The Queen Mary host numerous special events each year - check out our website for more information: http://www.queenmary.com/events/calendar-of-events/
A word from Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
Five-star dining at its finest, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is a Long Beach restaurant that boasts impeccable service, a gourmet menu, an extensive wine list and an unmatched ambiance. With stunning seaside views from nearly every seat, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is perfect for special occasions and everyday enjoyment. At Sir Winston’s you don’t just eat, you dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (176)romantic (170)scenic view (165)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (53)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (28)late-night find (13)hot spot (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Very quaint restaurant and great service nice getting some history on Queen MarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knot2L8Knot2L8Dined on 11/16/2014Excellent service. Quality of food, impeccable. Chocolate soufflé, good. Not exceptional. Chocolate strawberries made up for what was lacking. Made reservations through open table for eight @6:00pm. Arrived early, reservation was for 2; though #8, confirmed e-mail. Recommend double check with phone call. We were accomodated, this time! Previously, had problem. We left, ate elsewhere. (DalRae)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsBakuDined on 11/13/2014My wife and I went to Sir Winston to celebrate our anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised - the restaurant fits the atmosphere of Queen Mary perfectly, and the food (we both had beef Wellington) would make even Winston Churchill happy. Service did not disappoint, either. Sunset views must be amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sir Winston'skruzinprDined on 11/8/2014Went there on a first date. We had a great meal and enjoyed our experience. The basked stuffed shrimp was phenomenal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate at Sir WinstonsCherbearDined on 11/7/2014Our dinner was wonderful, the service was wonderful, the view was wonderful, & the ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014My wife and I were attending a nearby conference and always wanted to have dinner on the Queen Mary. The food was of very high quality, well prepared and tasted delicious. The waiter, Drew, was fantastic and very accomodating. One of the best waiters we've ever had. My wife and I also enjoyed being able to stroll the decks of the Queen Mary after dinner and fully enjoy the ambience and history of this historic ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinning for a 60th bdayVinobella1Dined on 11/6/2014All of the staff was very attentive. The server made excellent recommendations, the lamb is amazing. A very memerable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBudNanDined on 11/6/2014Service was wonderful. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary driving all the way from Texas. It was worth the drive. Great food, great service, beautiful view. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of kind dining experiencejjungDined on 11/6/2014This was my third time eating here. I was taking some locals here for dinner. One was celebrating his 75th birthday. All three guests were mesmerized with the food, service and ambience. It was the best place they have eaten at. The surprise cake, chocolate covered strawberries were a surprise unexpected! You get treated like a dignitary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating BirthdayYogieDined on 11/5/2014We found the food and service very good. It was a little pricy. Are server David was very good. Everyone there was very attentive. Would recommend and would do again for special occasions.Special Features:
- Lovely placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014This was our 2nd time at this lovely restaurant and again, it did not disappoint. The ambiance, the food, the service, all spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatLove2eatDined on 11/1/2014Well, me and my partner went to sir Winston's on the queen. Art for a romantic Saturday night dinner. Found it to be romantic, not rushed, food was amazing, wine was delicious and our waiter was very friendly. The ship is so large, that we walked along the deck to walk off a bit of dinner and take in some if the ocean air. I would strongly recommend this place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great place to go! Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. It was also pretty quiet and not too crowded early evening. Before and afterwards, we took a walk around the deck of the ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodrszatDined on 10/31/2014Had a great time, food was deliscious and the waiter was very formal. loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExerienceQM4everDined on 10/31/2014My friend and I celebrated our birthdays with a 4 day stay on the Queen Mary. One of the highlights was a fabulous dinner at Sir Winston's. My cousin Betsy Samson-Andrews was a hostess for two years. At her recommendation Thomas Vargas was our fabulous server. From being seated by JB and Thomas as our server we had a wonderful time. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Nice for special occasionsDinner2ShowDined on 10/31/2014Fun historic place, very nice for special occasions. Food was delicious & well-prepared (except chocolate soufle was just so-so). Also, we were celebrating an anniversary & had let the hostess & waiter know. After dinner, we ordered dessert- no fanfare accompanied it. THEN, when we were DONE with that, the waiter presents us with a dessert cake w/ candle. Nice touch, but was silly and wasteful to order and receive dessert PRIOR to the celebratory dessert. Rather anticlimatic & kind of annoying, didn't really want two desserts. We got charged for the first one & wouldn't have ordered it if we had received the celebratory one first. That aside, we had a delightful evening there with delicious food, attentive wait-staff,& lovely ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to imagineMV90274Dined on 10/31/2014You want to think that on a tourist attraction like the Queen Mary all they're going to have is bad hamburgers, and cold greasy fries. Sir Winston's has to be one of the most perfect and elegant dining experiences available to Southern California. Perfectly prepared classic steakhouse food, served with attention to detail. If you're looking for a great night out --- this is a place not to be overlooked! Get the raspberry souffle. Great setting, easy parking, and a fun place to take a little walk after dining. Do wish they had prime rib on the menu.Special Features:
- Classic eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014While it was not easy to locate the restaurant on board - and the double flight of stairs is a bit daunting - the restaurant was terrific. The servers were as you would expect for the FC dining room of the Queen Mary - pleasant, affable, helpful, accommodating, informative. The food was well portioned and flavorful. Well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014This was our second time eating at Sir Wintons. Food was excellent, service more than acceptable. The Queen Mary is a bit warn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceGlendaDined on 10/29/2014We loved our time on the Queen Mary, but especially loved our meal at the Sir Winston's Restaurant. The food was exquisite, the ambiance was beautiful and the service was over-the-top. We met friends that we had not seen in 10 years, so the meal was a wonderful time of dining and visiting. Our waiter was the best, making sure our meal was perfect and adding enjoyment with his humor. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Foodie325Dined on 10/26/2014We had a great time at Sir Winston's. Excellent food, excellent service! David was our server and he was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- FabulousMartiDined on 10/25/2014Had my birthday dinner at Sir Winston's and loved it. Food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceAlycat9705Dined on 10/25/2014My boyfriend and I dined at Sir Winston's this past weekend on our date night. The restaurant was beautiful, romantic and the service was impeccable. We ordered appetizers and French onion soup, which was one of the best I've had. We also ordered the surf & turf special, which was delicious, but the filet was not seasoned enough. The wait staff was extremely attentive to us and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Sir Winston's and will consider it again for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- Romantic and Elegant Sir Winston'sHeinoDined on 10/24/2014The food is excellent! Sir Winston's has an incomparable wine list - so many, so hard to choose. The cocktails are fantastic and extremely well prepared. Where else can you order Oysters Rockefeller, let alone, Beef Wellington in Truffle Sauce? Perhaps you can get the Welllington from a Gordon Ramsay establishment, but you would certainly pay more. Sir Winston's is a class act harkening back to a better time - very classy, regal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classicLBfriendDined on 10/24/2014Particularly love Sir Winston's lounge with piano player (Peggy) and a great bartender (Louis). Full of atmosphere and the spirit of those who have sailed the seas aboard the QM over the decades.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 10/24/2014The only thing I can say bad about the experience is it is very hard to get to the restaurant. There is no elevator, so you have to walk up a long flight of stairs. Which, at 71 years old and just off of chemo was not easy to do. It was a little pricy but good for special occasions such as our 50th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing birthday dinnertasteOheavenDined on 10/24/2014I was looking for a unique place to take my boyfriend for his birthday when I came across the sir winston restaurant. It provided us with an amazing view and a dinner that was to die for. I strongly recommend the beef Wellington dish!! The complimentary birthday dish was the cherry on top of a perfect experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableDizzleDined on 10/23/2014My mom and I had a very nice dining experience at Sir Winston's. The wait staff was very nice and the food was delicious. I would definitely come back the next time I'm in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Charm and Fabulous FoodMymauiwineDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant stays at the top of our list for quiet romantic spots. The ambience was quiet and romantic by the window overlooking the coastline of downtown Long Beach. For starters we had the mushroom strudel (wrapped in puff pastry), the Lobster Bisque, and Oysters Rockefeller. We would definitely order them all again, they were so perfect! Some of the best Lobster Bisque we have had. Then after a champagne sorbet intermezzo, for entrees we ordered Beef Wellington & Scallops over cauliflower puree which were all cooked perfectly with great flavors. Finally the Grand Marinier' Souffle and that was the icing on the beautiful cake! It was a lovely and romantic dinner and we are so glad we chose to go to Sir Winstons.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable EveningJSdinerDined on 10/19/2014Winston's offers a fine combination of ambiance (especially for the nautically or historically inclined), fine food and outstanding service, which includes the opportunity to wander throughout most of the Queen Mary and enjoy Harbor views. We ordered shrimp cocktail, a salad, Chateaubriand, Rack-of-Lamb, chocolate souffle and a gratis special dessert for the occasion (30th anniversary). Quality of the food was very good, portions were fair / generous. The wine-list was perfectly adequate, both by the glass or bottle, but unremarkable. Follow Sir Winston's tastes, they also offer a large selection of single-malt scotch and port, though we resisted this visit.Special Features:
- Lovely evening!BrazilBabeVIPDined on 10/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Sir Winstons'! We started with drinks in the lounge with a lovely piano player. We had a great table by the window! Our food was delicious! We had the beef wellington and the chateaubriand! Dessert was great too! Service was impecable!Special Features:
- SpecialNV19Dined on 10/18/2014Fun for a special occassion. A full service restaurant with nice service and good food. A bit pricey, not for every day (for me, at least!). Only one vegetarian option which had mushrooms....which I do not like. But it was still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningsgncjDined on 10/18/2014Service was great. Would give 5 stars, except we had requested a window table for 45th anniversary celebration and when we got there they said there weren't any available, yet we saw some in the other room. Other people came in later and were given those seats. Wonder what you need to do to have them save you a seat when you are making a reservation?? That was the only disappointment, though. Walking about the ship before and after dinner was a real treat and the views were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!PaolaDined on 10/18/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we both absolutely loved it. The food and service was amazing. Will definitely come here again for the next special occasion.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly fabulous!AnitagoodmealDined on 10/17/2014Our last night in Long Beach was capped with a dinner at Sir Winston's. We went early to take time to walk the decks of the Queen Mary, which was absolutely beautiful. You can feel her storied history as you walk. Dinner was fabulous -- from cocktails to appetizers to main course to dessert. Service was friendly, gracious and impeccable. We were able to look out over the harbor and enjoy the lights and the view. Definitely a dinner memory we'll cherish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Put a request for my wife's birthday and she was surprised with a cake and a candle. Very satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good foodSnowmanDined on 10/16/2014Once again years on the food is great some of the best food we have had in the US. great staff no rushing you to geton to the next course. Very lied back.Special Features:
- Dinner ReviewBIGFELLOWDined on 10/16/2014This is a classic experience. A quiet, wood panelled, carpeted high class restaurant. Very quiet and an excellent view. Very good food. A limited menu, but that is no problem--they can do it well. I must admit I am shipping buff, so being able to visit and have a meal on the Queen Mary is a treat. The staff are very attentive and do not push.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowly Savor your Unique DinnerSkierJaneDined on 10/16/2014This is maybe the 4th or 5th time I have dined here. I'm from out of state. This time we met friends and it seemed like the service was very slow. We had some east coast jet lag going and were pretty ready to get out of there by the time the check was presented. I had the dover sole and it was very nicely prepared. The breads were tasty. It's an experience to savor slowly, not a place where you can get in and out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014We had an amazing time. The service and restaurant was spectacular. All of our food was amazing Beef Wellington New York steak ChateaubriandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.