Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.queenmary.com/dining-bars/sir-winstons-restaurant-lounge/
- Phone: 5624991657x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Henderson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Queen Mary’s award-winning culinary staff creates innovative banquet cuisine for groups from 10 to 5,000. We also feature several restaurants onboard, ranging from fine dining at Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge or Chelsea Chowder House & Bar to casual American fare at the Promenade Café.
- Private Party Facilities: Sir Winston's has two side rooms that can be closed for your special & private occasion.
- Private Party Contact: John Bowshewicz 5624996601x
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the lounge most nights, call to inquire for schedule.
- Special Events: The Queen Mary host numerous special events each year - check out our website for more information: http://www.queenmary.com/events/calendar-of-events/
A word from Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
Five-star dining at its finest, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is a Long Beach restaurant that boasts impeccable service, a gourmet menu, an extensive wine list and an unmatched ambiance. With stunning seaside views from nearly every seat, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is perfect for special occasions and everyday enjoyment. At Sir Winston’s you don’t just eat, you dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (138)scenic view (131)romantic (130)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (45)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (11)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious, but a little pricey. Great for bday or anniversary celebrations. Would not bring kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the ClimbCWG3Dined on 9/18/2014This is a fine restaurant. Getting there is a challenge, especially for persons who have trouble managing stairs (such as my wife). It's a long walk from other parts of the ship, and two flights of stairs as well. If you make it, you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting wornRegularandsteadyVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've enjoyed several nice meals at Sir Winston's in the past but this last one will be my last. The air conditioning was barely working on a very hot day, the place is showing signs of wear and my Beef Wellington was dry, still somewhat cold and tasteless. It looked like a leftover with the soggy pastry withdrawn from the meat. Certainly not worth almost $50.00.
- Wonderful, specialSCSHDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here recently & also stayed aboard the Queen Mary for the weekend. The restaurant is on the sun deck of the ship, lovely views inside & outside, our server was wonderful, its very romantic and relaxed. We had appetizers (soup for me, salad for him) and shared the Chateaubriand for two - it was out of this world! My only disappointment was dessert, they brought out a free slice of choc cake for my husband with Happy Birthday written on the plate, as well as chocolate covered strawberries. We didn't know so we ordered creme brulee as well. I am a dessert person but I would only rate them as ok nothing spectacular which is a pity given how good the other courses were.Special Features:
- Enchanting!prt13Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, ambience, and interesting restaurant and experience. I recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow and wow againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014As good as it gets. Fantastic food, excellent service, atmospheric location, what more can you possibly want. Three words, go, go, go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Golden AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014My husband and I stayed aboard the Queen Mary for our Golden Anniversary Thursday, September 11th and we thought what better place to celebrate and have dinner at Sir Winston's. We were very pleased with our dinner and were surprised by a beautiful slice of chocolate cake and chocolate especially decorated for our anniversary. Our waiter was very nice and attentive and wished us a very Happy Anniversary. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to other peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysJohneVIPDined on 9/11/2014Stepping into Sir Winston's, is like stepping back in time. Amazing châteaubriand, wonderful desserts, and amazing service. I would recommend Sir Winston's to anybody looking for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinnerVComDined on 9/9/2014The food and the service were so good. And we got a suprise, we gor a desert for our anniversary, was very kind. We lovedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdinesoutDined on 9/7/2014Everything was great. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and staying on the ship. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- WonderfulmrtomcatDined on 9/6/2014We both had the chateaubriand, the meat was out of this world, perfectly tender. The view was beautiful and our server went out of his way. It was a wonderful romantic dinner after a great daySpecial Features:
- FrankDined on 9/4/2014My first time at Sir Winston's and I wish I had found it sooner. vrything about the dinner was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NighttroyDined on 9/4/2014We've been coming to Sir Winston's during the first days of September since it opened. Always an outstanding evening. We'll keep coming.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureGreatDined on 9/1/2014Needs a Moscato wine section!food is always good. Service is always excellent!Special Features:
- Great restaurant, horrible parkingMaryJDined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful meal. Food was fresh and nicely prepared. Service was excellent. View and ambience were lovely. HOWEVER, we had a horrible time with the parking. It turned out there was a concert next door, and the parking lot was full. We were directed to another lot about 2 miles away, had to pay $15 (Cash only!) and then take a shuttle over to the vicinity of Queen Mary. I really feel the restaurant should have either warned us or provided alternative arrangements for dining guests. This is a restaurant with a sign -- "Proper Attire Required" -- so having to schlep over on a school bus really didn't cut it. I explained the reason why I was late; didn't get a free drink or even an apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodihosvannyDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Sir Winston's Queen Mary a few times and even though the food is still great, the service is going down. This is a 5 stars restaurant and I expect great customer service. My wife and I asked for the drinks menu and the waiter brought us the wine menu and then said they don't have a drink menu which is not true since we have seen it before. then we told him about some drinks names that we have had before and he said he didn't know them but he didn't even offered to go to the bar and ask. Bad customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceabrdzdiningDined on 8/31/2014I had previously been here once before. We decided to go here for our first wedding anniversary, and it was well worth it. We reserved and were seated as soon as we arrived. I ordered the rack of lamb, medium, and it was perfect. My wife had the salmon, and that was great as well. Because it was our anniversary, they brought us out a complimentary red velvet cake, with two chocolate covered strawberries. Very class act from the restaurant. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful revisitLoveBirdsDined on 8/30/2014I surpassed my wife by taking her to celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary at Sir. Winston's a few weekends ago. I wanted to revisit the elegant restaurant we dinned at the night I proposed to my beautiful lady aboard the grand Queen Mary 16 years prior. This time we took our 3 little additions to help us celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35th Anniversary DinnerRetiredButWorkingVIPDined on 8/30/2014Returned for another superb anniversary dinner. Fito provided outstanding service and the food was perfection. Courses arrived at the perfect time, the Beef Wellington was so tender and the wine was great. Our wonderful meal concluded with a complimentary Anniversary dessert. Still one of our favorites, and worth the hundred mile drive.Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!CaroleDined on 8/30/2014The ship was impressive to look at - stepping onto it was like walking back in time - that theme was perpetuated throughout - done very well and with taste. The food was top notch - served with style - the presentation was impeccable. The waiter was attentive and exhibited a manner of elegance and refinement long gone in most restaurants. It was our sons birthday and an incredible cake, with Happy Birthday, written in chocolate was presented to him - the "icing on the cake", so to speak - the entire meal could not have been presented better, nor tasted better - everything was superb - a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entmdDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant has limited vegetarian items. The price is a little high. Wait time was reasonable. It was not cool enough in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!!!!MarciaDined on 8/27/2014An amazing dining experience aboard the Queen Mary. Elegant setting, excellent service and a perfect dinner ! The food is amazing . A real gem !Special Features:
- SuperDmanDined on 8/26/2014Quiet, classy, elegant, I could go on for awhile. Food was outstanding and the service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 46th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening - the food was outstanding as was the staff. The lobster salad and lobster ravioli appetizer was delicious and both had a healthy portion of sweet lobster. We dined on a Monday evening so it was most likely not as crowded as on weekends, but we enjoyed that because we were able to ask questions and noone felt harried. We will definitely return and bring our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis in Long BeachLalaloolooDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant - no chips or fried food halleluja. American fine dining, fantastic Californian Merlot and champagne - however the age 21 thing a bit boring when you are from Europe. Would recommend and if I had time would take the tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and fabulous service!SparkyDined on 8/23/2014Our service was excellent!Food is increditable!Highly recommend!Very Romantic....❤Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingrybaflavinDined on 8/19/2014Sir Winston's is a must if you're in Long Beach or staying aboard the Queen Mary! The food is delicious, the service is incredible, and the views are amazing. We will definitely be going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night at Winston'sAnEnglishpointofviewDined on 8/16/2014A very nice feel to the place, 1940's ambiance great piano player in the bar, this was a special occasion as we were entertaining friends from the UK and it was my wife's birthday. The resteraunt went the extra mile, table overlooking down town long Beach which was just great to see as the light fadded and down town lit up, and of course the birthday desert with added choclate dipped strawberries The styaff were attentive but not pushy, and there was plenty of time between course to actually enjow what we had eaten, but not feel that that you had been forgoten A great dinning experienceSpecial Features:
- Five-Star Dining at Its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Sir Winston's was absolutely amazing! The food was delicious and the presentation was just gorgeous. The beef wellington was unbelievable and the chicken dish did not disappoint. The desserts were fabulous, as well (chocolate souffle and cheesecake). Even the caesar salad was wonderful. Was with someone who works in a five-star restaurant and has been in many throughout his life. He said that Sir Winston's was the best meal he had ever had - quite the endorsement! I would highly recommend Sir Winston's for anyone who wants a true fine dining experience. The views are gorgeous from most any table, the ambiance is lovely and the food will not disappoint. And one last highlight: our server, Drew, was so friendly and on-the-spot. Ask for him!Special Features:
- Good but slowdfsuttonDined on 8/16/2014We had a great evening, but the service was sloooowwww. Everthing we ordered seemed to take forever to come to the table, which was puzzling because the room was not especially full. I don't know why. Maybe we had a dud waiter, maybe there's some problem in the kitchen. But they really need to clean up their act. It's no fun just sitting there staring at the tablecloth. And the annoying background music made it a bit difficult for us to hold a conversation. What exactly is wrong with silence?Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRaccoonRunDined on 8/15/2014The food was incredibly delicious!! Impeccable service. We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary and were very happy we chose Sir Winston's. The only negative part of the evening was upon returning to our car we found the area to be quite dark and had to run away from a pack of about 6 raccoons that were apparently interested in the "To Go" bag in our hands. It was a frightening experience but once we were in the safety of our car we found some humor in the situation. All in all we had a wonderful time and will return whenever the opportunity allows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeeatoutDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful atmosphere, great food and the service was very nice.Special Features:
- Great food and Great musicgoodyfoodyDined on 8/15/2014Our food was served beautifully and was delicious. The music by Jennifer Hart was outstanding. She is personable and has a beautiful voice. The wait staff was very attentive and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sir Winston's Hot HouseRousseauDined on 8/15/2014Although, Sir Winston's has done away with their dress code, I am of the opinion that it is nice to wear a coat and tie to such a fine establishment. Espesially, considering the historical nature of the Queen Mary, it is nice to be dressed well for such a grand affair. However, I think my over all experience would have bee better if it had been cooler. Suit + tie + 78 degree restaurant + $$$ menu = not exceptable. Please fix the air conditioning. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedsktrunDined on 8/15/2014Aside from the stellar service from Drew and the waitstaff, we wished the food was as impressive. We came for the food, beef wellington to be exact. Our Beef Wellington, while a large portion, was dry and lacked seasoning. It was requested medium and came out completely brown tasting more like a roast than a steak. The sauce drowning the scallops ruined the flavor of the scallop. We are not food critics, but like good tasting food for the price. We by far had a better meal at Taco Surf down the street for under $20. So disappointing to pay well over $100 for a less than mediocre meal. If we had come for the ambiance and service we would have been completely satisfied.Special Features:
- SPECIAL OCCASIONAUSSIELADYDined on 8/14/2014We had to combine both business with a special anniversary for our clients. Everything was ideal - cannot fault anything. Drew our server was outstanding. Our Clients were thrilled with our choice of venue. Thank you very much. We are in the travel business so will highly recommend your restaurant.Special Features:
- VERY pleasantly surprisedDepiMarshallVIPDined on 8/13/2014Despite its high Zagat rating, we did not hold out a lot of hope for this restaurant. Afterall, it is inside a tourist attraction with a "captive" clientele. But we were wrong and after our first excellent meal, we returned the next night for more of the delicious continental food. The lobster bisque, lobster ravioli, chateaubriand, rack of lamb and Grand Marnier souffle were as good as we have had anywhere in Europe or the US. The venue was comfortably outfitted, quiet and with a lovely view. The maitre d' was gracious and very accomodating to our picky wine requirements. This is the kind of place that you can count on for a good meal and a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2014Service was Good. Presentation of food very nice although the scallops were fair at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sir Winston's!!DebngregVIPDined on 8/12/2014When in Long Beach, a trip to Sir Winston's is a must for any special occasion. The view of the city at night is beautiful, as well as during the day. The food is incredible! The beef Wellington is amazing, and definitely a must have! The service is also first class, with attention to your needs without being bothered.Special Features:
- First Class DiningsparksDined on 8/12/2014Sir Winston's fully replicates the first class dining experience of yesteryear's premium transatlantic ocean liner service. It may be a little stodgy and seemingly overpriced for today's twenty-somethings. But we more seasoned citizens will readily appreciate the classic menu and service. Janice and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with an overnight stay aboard the Queen Mary and a celebratory dinner at Sir Winston's. It was a perfect romantic experience all the way around. We thoroughly enjoyed it - you will also.Special Features: