Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.queenmary.com/dining-bars/sir-winstons-restaurant-lounge/
- Phone: 5624991657x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Henderson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Queen Mary’s award-winning culinary staff creates innovative banquet cuisine for groups from 10 to 5,000. We also feature several restaurants onboard, ranging from fine dining at Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge or Chelsea Chowder House & Bar to casual American fare at the Promenade Café.
- Private Party Facilities: Sir Winston's has two side rooms that can be closed for your special & private occasion.
- Private Party Contact: John Bowshewicz 5624996601x
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the lounge most nights, call to inquire for schedule.
- Special Events: The Queen Mary host numerous special events each year - check out our website for more information: http://www.queenmary.com/events/calendar-of-events/
A word from Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
Five-star dining at its finest, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is a Long Beach restaurant that boasts impeccable service, a gourmet menu, an extensive wine list and an unmatched ambiance. With stunning seaside views from nearly every seat, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is perfect for special occasions and everyday enjoyment. At Sir Winston’s you don’t just eat, you dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (175)romantic (165)scenic view (162)fit for foodies (64)notable wine list (56)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (30)late-night find (13)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a great time at Sir Winston's. Excellent food, excellent service! David was our server and he was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Had my birthday dinner at Sir Winston's and loved it. Food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My boyfriend and I dined at Sir Winston's this past weekend on our date night. The restaurant was beautiful, romantic and the service was impeccable. We ordered appetizers and French onion soup, which was one of the best I've had. We also ordered the surf & turf special, which was delicious, but the filet was not seasoned enough. The wait staff was extremely attentive to us and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Sir Winston's and will consider it again for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- a classicLBfriendDined on 10/24/2014Particularly love Sir Winston's lounge with piano player (Peggy) and a great bartender (Louis). Full of atmosphere and the spirit of those who have sailed the seas aboard the QM over the decades.Special Features:
- amazing birthday dinnertasteOheavenDined on 10/24/2014I was looking for a unique place to take my boyfriend for his birthday when I came across the sir winston restaurant. It provided us with an amazing view and a dinner that was to die for. I strongly recommend the beef Wellington dish!! The complimentary birthday dish was the cherry on top of a perfect experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableDizzleDined on 10/23/2014My mom and I had a very nice dining experience at Sir Winston's. The wait staff was very nice and the food was delicious. I would definitely come back the next time I'm in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Charm and Fabulous FoodMymauiwineDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant stays at the top of our list for quiet romantic spots. The ambience was quiet and romantic by the window overlooking the coastline of downtown Long Beach. For starters we had the mushroom strudel (wrapped in puff pastry), the Lobster Bisque, and Oysters Rockefeller. We would definitely order them all again, they were so perfect! Some of the best Lobster Bisque we have had. Then after a champagne sorbet intermezzo, for entrees we ordered Beef Wellington & Scallops over cauliflower puree which were all cooked perfectly with great flavors. Finally the Grand Marinier' Souffle and that was the icing on the beautiful cake! It was a lovely and romantic dinner and we are so glad we chose to go to Sir Winstons.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable EveningJSdinerDined on 10/19/2014Winston's offers a fine combination of ambiance (especially for the nautically or historically inclined), fine food and outstanding service, which includes the opportunity to wander throughout most of the Queen Mary and enjoy Harbor views. We ordered shrimp cocktail, a salad, Chateaubriand, Rack-of-Lamb, chocolate souffle and a gratis special dessert for the occasion (30th anniversary). Quality of the food was very good, portions were fair / generous. The wine-list was perfectly adequate, both by the glass or bottle, but unremarkable. Follow Sir Winston's tastes, they also offer a large selection of single-malt scotch and port, though we resisted this visit.Special Features:
- Lovely evening!BrazilBabeVIPDined on 10/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Sir Winstons'! We started with drinks in the lounge with a lovely piano player. We had a great table by the window! Our food was delicious! We had the beef wellington and the chateaubriand! Dessert was great too! Service was impecable!Special Features:
- SpecialNV19Dined on 10/18/2014Fun for a special occassion. A full service restaurant with nice service and good food. A bit pricey, not for every day (for me, at least!). Only one vegetarian option which had mushrooms....which I do not like. But it was still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningsgncjDined on 10/18/2014Service was great. Would give 5 stars, except we had requested a window table for 45th anniversary celebration and when we got there they said there weren't any available, yet we saw some in the other room. Other people came in later and were given those seats. Wonder what you need to do to have them save you a seat when you are making a reservation?? That was the only disappointment, though. Walking about the ship before and after dinner was a real treat and the views were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!PaolaDined on 10/18/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we both absolutely loved it. The food and service was amazing. Will definitely come here again for the next special occasion.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly fabulous!AnitagoodmealDined on 10/17/2014Our last night in Long Beach was capped with a dinner at Sir Winston's. We went early to take time to walk the decks of the Queen Mary, which was absolutely beautiful. You can feel her storied history as you walk. Dinner was fabulous -- from cocktails to appetizers to main course to dessert. Service was friendly, gracious and impeccable. We were able to look out over the harbor and enjoy the lights and the view. Definitely a dinner memory we'll cherish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Put a request for my wife's birthday and she was surprised with a cake and a candle. Very satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good foodSnowmanDined on 10/16/2014Once again years on the food is great some of the best food we have had in the US. great staff no rushing you to geton to the next course. Very lied back.Special Features:
- Dinner ReviewBIGFELLOWDined on 10/16/2014This is a classic experience. A quiet, wood panelled, carpeted high class restaurant. Very quiet and an excellent view. Very good food. A limited menu, but that is no problem--they can do it well. I must admit I am shipping buff, so being able to visit and have a meal on the Queen Mary is a treat. The staff are very attentive and do not push.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowly Savor your Unique DinnerSkierJaneDined on 10/16/2014This is maybe the 4th or 5th time I have dined here. I'm from out of state. This time we met friends and it seemed like the service was very slow. We had some east coast jet lag going and were pretty ready to get out of there by the time the check was presented. I had the dover sole and it was very nicely prepared. The breads were tasty. It's an experience to savor slowly, not a place where you can get in and out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014We had an amazing time. The service and restaurant was spectacular. All of our food was amazing Beef Wellington New York steak ChateaubriandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My two cents worth of Sir WinstonsLadyJane13Dined on 10/12/2014I remember back in 1968 I was taking my brother back to his ship. The Bennington was an aircraft carrier when here comes the Queen Mary in all her glory. It was about seven AM and she made all the aircraft carriers in pier E look tiny, which is no small feat. My brother has since passed on but this lady makes me think fondly of him and those olden days. This night was for my birthday and I admit we were a little under dressed, but you could not tell from the excellent service we received. Our waiter was just wonderful, the ambiance was really great. The FOOD was terrific, beautifully displayed and delicious. I would recommend Sir Winstons to all my friends and family, actually I already have.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We weren't impressed with the food. Presentation was fine and we liked the nice variety of vegetables but the meat portions could have been larger. We took guests from out of the country and they loved seeing the ship and having the view. We would return for both of those things but we have had better meals elsewhere. However, the ambiance, scenery, and the quietness of the restaurant would keep me coming back. Those things are more important to us than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot. Not just a gimmick.Jesse1886VIPDined on 10/10/2014It would be easy to have a restaurant on the Queen Mary that had good views and bad food. Sir Winston's goes the extra mile. They have good views and good food. And good drinks. And impeccable service. We split the Chateaubriand for two; it was prepared just right. There is something special about being on the top deck of that beautiful old boat. Love the wood paneling. One tip, it's a bit of a walk to get there, so make sure you ask someone downstairs! Hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- A bit disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The Maitre D' was really not welcoming at all! Even if our res was for 06:00PM we were quickly placed at a table close to the door. The restaurant was empty when we arrived and never filled. The waiter "attacked" us the very moment we were seated. We felt pushed around. I had to clearly tell him to hold his horses. Two experiences one should not live in such an expensive restaurant. Oh, by the way, I'm French speaking and I always find it very funny (not to say ridiculous) when I see menus with many misspellings, wrong accents or plainly wrong french words. Why don't they hire a professional translator or someone who knows how to write French properly. Please excuse my written English. At least, nobody has to pay to read these lines !!!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014I've lived in Orange County for years and wanted to try something new. Sir Winston's was exactly what we were looking for. The food was really really good. The wine was ok. The views spectacular. The only thing I would've done different is not going during the Halloween horror nights. And maybe better directions on how to get there would've been nice. Over all amazing and I'd go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestDinerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Quality meat but dated cooking style. Waiter came to our table for taking order, cracking pepper, and giving bill. That's it. He did not even redo the plate setting after we changed the seat. The service was mediocre for what we paid. Definitely no recommendation.
- Mixed reviewRBofAustinDined on 10/9/2014We went there because it had good reviews and it seemed like a fun, nostalgic opportunity to dine on a famous ship. The food was quite good but was probably 20% overpriced. The waiter was excellent. The space did not have the ambiance that we were looking for. We did love exploring the ship after dining.
- Excellent place to treat your selfAloneDinerDined on 10/9/2014Excellent service and great menu choice and fantastic food. The waiters were very attentive and topped up water, etc. The delivery of the various courses was in a very timely manner. The setting and crockery were of good quality and of a very lovely design. The courses were not disappointing and delivered what was described on the menu. The only thing I was disappointed with was, as I was dining alone. I was not given a table with a view even though there was one available by the window that was vacant all evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our night outmmmmgooodDined on 10/9/2014Came to this restaurant for a romantic birthday dinner for my husband. Our waite, Benjamin,r was very cordial and helpful. The location at the front of the ship was perfect and the full moon rising gave an added touch to the scene. I had rack of lamb which was excellent along with the lobster salad. My husband had the NY steak which he enjoyed. We had the molten chocolatecake for dessert and that was delicious. then they brought us a special birthday treat of a cheese cake with strawberries. That was such a lovely surprise and so very tasty. We look forward to coming back to the ship for their Sunday brunch on another special occasion.Special Features:
- Old School CharmGluttonDined on 10/9/2014We went to the restaurant after a Haunted Tour of the Queen Mary. The cocktail list was old school, as well as the menu, but we loved it. It was romantic and the drinks were great. We started with a Passionate Affair! We would recommend going while at the QM or for a special occasion with someone who would appreciate traveling back in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodILuv2eatDined on 10/8/2014The quality steaks are great! the vegetable's fresh and not over cooked! The lobster tail was 'sweeter' in the butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All that you would expect4014Dined on 10/4/2014This experience was all that you would expect from Sir Winston's. If you like romantic dinning, in a setting out of the 1930, this is the place for you. This is not the typical place you would expect to find at a tourist spot. Usually the parking is ok, however be careful if you will arrive in the month of October as they have their "Dark Harbor" program running and it is very popular. Just be firm with your request at the parking gate that you want to go to the hotel for dinner, and you can park close to the ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014We were told on the phone there was valet parking however, upon arrival there was not valet parking and we were directed to an outer parking lot as like being at a big league ball game. We asked a few parking attendants a question as to direction and they were not the least bit interested in our question except to say and point "over there" in an irritated tone. The decor in Sir Winston's is very shabby and in need of a facelift. We were a group of four and we all felt the food was tasteless. We spent just under $400 and feel they pull quite a spoof on the public. There is not one thing in our experience to justify Sir Winston's being rated as a four or five star.Special Features:
- A Romantic DinnercesarinDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I had very good experience in this restaurant, service was very good and the people very friendly. The environment is very quiet. We definitely will return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- 1st timersMayhemDined on 10/3/2014Made reservations here after my girlfriend told me she booked a room on the Queen Mary. We both never been here before but picked from excellent reviews I've read online. The ambiance was relaxing, felt like we were here by ourselves, great service, excellent food. Would definitely come back. Went to piano bar which was very relaxing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner. Great, friendly service. Food was wonderful. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion PlaceMeganDined on 9/27/2014I took my mom here for a special dinner. She is 93 and in good shape for her age. However, there are still quite a few stairs to negotiate even after we found the elevator on board. The restaurant is not wheel chair accessible so plan accordingly. Food was wonderful. Perfectly cooked and presentation was lovely. Wine list was nice, but we chose a glass of champagne to celebrate the evening. Service was attentive. It's not an easy place to get to and not the type of restaurant that you just drop into.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sir Winston's is 1st ClassjoeycaVIPDined on 9/26/2014When you're in Long Beach, having a birthday, celebrating an anniversary, or "just because" then come to Sir Winston's. You will definitely have a great night with amazing food and impeccable service. If the Queen Mary is a golden ring, then Sir Winston's is the brilliant diamond that sits atop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner spotluvgudfoodDined on 9/26/2014Go during the week (less crowded) for a great overall meal. Great view, service and of course the food. We had the Beef Wellington, what else would you order at Sir Winston's? Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerchefmbDined on 9/25/2014restaurant was great they accommodated me with everything I asked for online the food was fabulous the waiter was very nice very attendantthe atmosphere was very romantic and we sat by the window and watch the sunset as we were having dinner on my husband's birthday definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Posh DiningJohnTDined on 9/24/2014A chance to sample a unique dining experience. Silver service to a high standard with an ambience that you will never forget. It's not cheap, but quality never is! Gentlemen- you can romance your lady here.Special Features:
- OMG It was superb in every way!!!JanetDined on 9/23/2014I will definitely be back with friends and family!! Loved the ambience and the history!! So interesting!! The best ever! This birthday dinner will be one i will remember forever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.