Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.queenmary.com/dining-bars/sir-winstons-restaurant-lounge/
- Phone: 5624991657x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Henderson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Queen Mary’s award-winning culinary staff creates innovative banquet cuisine for groups from 10 to 5,000. We also feature several restaurants onboard, ranging from fine dining at Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge or Chelsea Chowder House & Bar to casual American fare at the Promenade Café.
- Private Party Facilities: Sir Winston's has two side rooms that can be closed for your special & private occasion.
- Private Party Contact: John Bowshewicz 5624996601x
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the lounge most nights, call to inquire for schedule.
- Special Events: The Queen Mary host numerous special events each year - check out our website for more information: http://www.queenmary.com/events/calendar-of-events/
A word from Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
Five-star dining at its finest, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is a Long Beach restaurant that boasts impeccable service, a gourmet menu, an extensive wine list and an unmatched ambiance. With stunning seaside views from nearly every seat, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is perfect for special occasions and everyday enjoyment. At Sir Winston’s you don’t just eat, you dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (146)scenic view (134)romantic (134)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (45)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (11)great for lunch (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great Special Occasion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I took my mom here for a special dinner. She is 93 and in good shape for her age. However, there are still quite a few stairs to negotiate even after we found the elevator on board. The restaurant is not wheel chair accessible so plan accordingly. Food was wonderful. Perfectly cooked and presentation was lovely. Wine list was nice, but we chose a glass of champagne to celebrate the evening. Service was attentive. It's not an easy place to get to and not the type of restaurant that you just drop into.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Go during the week (less crowded) for a great overall meal. Great view, service and of course the food. We had the Beef Wellington, what else would you order at Sir Winston's? Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerchefmbDined on 9/25/2014restaurant was great they accommodated me with everything I asked for online the food was fabulous the waiter was very nice very attendantthe atmosphere was very romantic and we sat by the window and watch the sunset as we were having dinner on my husband's birthday definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Posh DiningJohnTDined on 9/24/2014A chance to sample a unique dining experience. Silver service to a high standard with an ambience that you will never forget. It's not cheap, but quality never is! Gentlemen- you can romance your lady here.Special Features:
- OMG It was superb in every way!!!JanetDined on 9/23/2014I will definitely be back with friends and family!! Loved the ambience and the history!! So interesting!! The best ever! This birthday dinner will be one i will remember forever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I booked a room on the QM for the last night of my three-week holiday in California. The website was not user-friendly and made it difficult to find information on the various dining options, so I went for Sir Winston's on instinct. I could not have chosen better. The atmosphere was lovely, quiet and dignified yet welcoming. I am fussy (some would say obsessive!) about table service, and that of our waiter could not be faulted. The beef wellington was quite simply the best I have ever tasted -- being a favourite dish I try it whenever I can -- and my wife's scallops were also very good. I liked the provision of a sorbet to clear the palate between courses. The wines were excellent. A wonderful close to our travels. Our thanks to you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014The food was delicious, especially the Dover Sole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Sir Winston's and had requested a special table. They provided us with a very private table with a large window with a wonderful view (it was almost a private room set off from the rest of the restaurant). We both had the Beef Wellington which was superb and our waiter recommended a lovely 2010 Jordan Cabernet to go with it. We also had the gran marnier souffle and then in honor of our anniversary they surprised us with a small delicious cake with a candle on it. I could not be more pleased with the meal and the restaurant. I think this will be our go-to place every year.Special Features:
- Queen MaryBR1234Dined on 9/20/2014Sir Winston's was fantastic for a birthday and romantic dinner. Great service and very good cuisine. Best view in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure ExcellenceCRiggsDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I ate at Sir Winston's for our anniversary this past weekend. The restaurant offered up everything we were hoping for; beauty, quiet ambiance, romantic setting, and divine food. Though a bit pricey, the food is well worth the cost and then some. There are no words to describe the deliciousness of the surf and turf plate. The wait staff was courteous, friendly, and always ready to provide great service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting foodma8a71Dined on 9/20/2014I been recommending the restaurant. I can't wait to there again. Thanks again for the hospitality. I had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmmmDined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious, but a little pricey. Great for bday or anniversary celebrations. Would not bring kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the ClimbCWG3Dined on 9/18/2014This is a fine restaurant. Getting there is a challenge, especially for persons who have trouble managing stairs (such as my wife). It's a long walk from other parts of the ship, and two flights of stairs as well. If you make it, you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting wornRegularandsteadyVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've enjoyed several nice meals at Sir Winston's in the past but this last one will be my last. The air conditioning was barely working on a very hot day, the place is showing signs of wear and my Beef Wellington was dry, still somewhat cold and tasteless. It looked like a leftover with the soggy pastry withdrawn from the meat. Certainly not worth almost $50.00.
- Wonderful, specialSCSHDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here recently & also stayed aboard the Queen Mary for the weekend. The restaurant is on the sun deck of the ship, lovely views inside & outside, our server was wonderful, its very romantic and relaxed. We had appetizers (soup for me, salad for him) and shared the Chateaubriand for two - it was out of this world! My only disappointment was dessert, they brought out a free slice of choc cake for my husband with Happy Birthday written on the plate, as well as chocolate covered strawberries. We didn't know so we ordered creme brulee as well. I am a dessert person but I would only rate them as ok nothing spectacular which is a pity given how good the other courses were.Special Features:
- Enchanting!prt13Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, ambience, and interesting restaurant and experience. I recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow and wow againBUNGLE1967Dined on 9/11/2014As good as it gets. Fantastic food, excellent service, atmospheric location, what more can you possibly want. Three words, go, go, go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Golden AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014My husband and I stayed aboard the Queen Mary for our Golden Anniversary Thursday, September 11th and we thought what better place to celebrate and have dinner at Sir Winston's. We were very pleased with our dinner and were surprised by a beautiful slice of chocolate cake and chocolate especially decorated for our anniversary. Our waiter was very nice and attentive and wished us a very Happy Anniversary. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to other peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysJohneVIPDined on 9/11/2014Stepping into Sir Winston's, is like stepping back in time. Amazing châteaubriand, wonderful desserts, and amazing service. I would recommend Sir Winston's to anybody looking for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinnerVComDined on 9/9/2014The food and the service were so good. And we got a suprise, we gor a desert for our anniversary, was very kind. We lovedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdinesoutDined on 9/7/2014Everything was great. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and staying on the ship. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- WonderfulmrtomcatDined on 9/6/2014We both had the chateaubriand, the meat was out of this world, perfectly tender. The view was beautiful and our server went out of his way. It was a wonderful romantic dinner after a great daySpecial Features:
- FrankDined on 9/4/2014My first time at Sir Winston's and I wish I had found it sooner. vrything about the dinner was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NighttroyDined on 9/4/2014We've been coming to Sir Winston's during the first days of September since it opened. Always an outstanding evening. We'll keep coming.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureGreatDined on 9/1/2014Needs a Moscato wine section!food is always good. Service is always excellent!Special Features:
- Great restaurant, horrible parkingMaryJDined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful meal. Food was fresh and nicely prepared. Service was excellent. View and ambience were lovely. HOWEVER, we had a horrible time with the parking. It turned out there was a concert next door, and the parking lot was full. We were directed to another lot about 2 miles away, had to pay $15 (Cash only!) and then take a shuttle over to the vicinity of Queen Mary. I really feel the restaurant should have either warned us or provided alternative arrangements for dining guests. This is a restaurant with a sign -- "Proper Attire Required" -- so having to schlep over on a school bus really didn't cut it. I explained the reason why I was late; didn't get a free drink or even an apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodihosvannyDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Sir Winston's Queen Mary a few times and even though the food is still great, the service is going down. This is a 5 stars restaurant and I expect great customer service. My wife and I asked for the drinks menu and the waiter brought us the wine menu and then said they don't have a drink menu which is not true since we have seen it before. then we told him about some drinks names that we have had before and he said he didn't know them but he didn't even offered to go to the bar and ask. Bad customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceabrdzdiningDined on 8/31/2014I had previously been here once before. We decided to go here for our first wedding anniversary, and it was well worth it. We reserved and were seated as soon as we arrived. I ordered the rack of lamb, medium, and it was perfect. My wife had the salmon, and that was great as well. Because it was our anniversary, they brought us out a complimentary red velvet cake, with two chocolate covered strawberries. Very class act from the restaurant. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite PlaceCynthiaDined on 8/30/2014Sir Winston's is one of my favorite places to go for a special dinner. The price of the food is higher than average but the quality of the food is above and beyond! Its quiet and the view of the harbor at night is perfect for a romantic evening!Special Features:
- A delightful revisitLoveBirdsDined on 8/30/2014I surpassed my wife by taking her to celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary at Sir. Winston's a few weekends ago. I wanted to revisit the elegant restaurant we dinned at the night I proposed to my beautiful lady aboard the grand Queen Mary 16 years prior. This time we took our 3 little additions to help us celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35th Anniversary DinnerRetiredButWorkingVIPDined on 8/30/2014Returned for another superb anniversary dinner. Fito provided outstanding service and the food was perfection. Courses arrived at the perfect time, the Beef Wellington was so tender and the wine was great. Our wonderful meal concluded with a complimentary Anniversary dessert. Still one of our favorites, and worth the hundred mile drive.Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!CaroleDined on 8/30/2014The ship was impressive to look at - stepping onto it was like walking back in time - that theme was perpetuated throughout - done very well and with taste. The food was top notch - served with style - the presentation was impeccable. The waiter was attentive and exhibited a manner of elegance and refinement long gone in most restaurants. It was our sons birthday and an incredible cake, with Happy Birthday, written in chocolate was presented to him - the "icing on the cake", so to speak - the entire meal could not have been presented better, nor tasted better - everything was superb - a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entmdDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant has limited vegetarian items. The price is a little high. Wait time was reasonable. It was not cool enough in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!!!!MarciaDined on 8/27/2014An amazing dining experience aboard the Queen Mary. Elegant setting, excellent service and a perfect dinner ! The food is amazing . A real gem !Special Features:
- SuperDmanDined on 8/26/2014Quiet, classy, elegant, I could go on for awhile. Food was outstanding and the service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 46th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening - the food was outstanding as was the staff. The lobster salad and lobster ravioli appetizer was delicious and both had a healthy portion of sweet lobster. We dined on a Monday evening so it was most likely not as crowded as on weekends, but we enjoyed that because we were able to ask questions and noone felt harried. We will definitely return and bring our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis in Long BeachLalaloolooDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant - no chips or fried food halleluja. American fine dining, fantastic Californian Merlot and champagne - however the age 21 thing a bit boring when you are from Europe. Would recommend and if I had time would take the tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and fabulous service!SparkyDined on 8/23/2014Our service was excellent!Food is increditable!Highly recommend!Very Romantic....❤Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingrybaflavinDined on 8/19/2014Sir Winston's is a must if you're in Long Beach or staying aboard the Queen Mary! The food is delicious, the service is incredible, and the views are amazing. We will definitely be going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night at Winston'sAnEnglishpointofviewDined on 8/16/2014A very nice feel to the place, 1940's ambiance great piano player in the bar, this was a special occasion as we were entertaining friends from the UK and it was my wife's birthday. The resteraunt went the extra mile, table overlooking down town long Beach which was just great to see as the light fadded and down town lit up, and of course the birthday desert with added choclate dipped strawberries The styaff were attentive but not pushy, and there was plenty of time between course to actually enjow what we had eaten, but not feel that that you had been forgoten A great dinning experienceSpecial Features: