Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.queenmary.com/dining-bars/sir-winstons-restaurant-lounge/
- Phone: 5624991657x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Henderson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Queen Mary’s award-winning culinary staff creates innovative banquet cuisine for groups from 10 to 5,000. We also feature several restaurants onboard, ranging from fine dining at Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge or Chelsea Chowder House & Bar to casual American fare at the Promenade Café.
- Private Party Facilities: Sir Winston's has two side rooms that can be closed for your special & private occasion.
- Private Party Contact: John Bowshewicz 5624996601x
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the lounge most nights, call to inquire for schedule.
- Special Events: The Queen Mary host numerous special events each year - check out our website for more information: http://www.queenmary.com/events/calendar-of-events/
A word from Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary
Five-star dining at its finest, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is a Long Beach restaurant that boasts impeccable service, a gourmet menu, an extensive wine list and an unmatched ambiance. With stunning seaside views from nearly every seat, Sir Winston’s Restaurant & Lounge is perfect for special occasions and everyday enjoyment. At Sir Winston’s you don’t just eat, you dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (137)scenic view (127)romantic (124)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great restaurant, horrible parkingMaryJDined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful meal. Food was fresh and nicely prepared. Service was excellent. View and ambience were lovely. HOWEVER, we had a horrible time with the parking. It turned out there was a concert next door, and the parking lot was full. We were directed to another lot about 2 miles away, had to pay $15 (Cash only!) and then take a shuttle over to the vicinity of Queen Mary. I really feel the restaurant should have either warned us or provided alternative arrangements for dining guests. This is a restaurant with a sign -- "Proper Attire Required" -- so having to schlep over on a school bus really didn't cut it. I explained the reason why I was late; didn't get a free drink or even an apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I had previously been here once before. We decided to go here for our first wedding anniversary, and it was well worth it. We reserved and were seated as soon as we arrived. I ordered the rack of lamb, medium, and it was perfect. My wife had the salmon, and that was great as well. Because it was our anniversary, they brought us out a complimentary red velvet cake, with two chocolate covered strawberries. Very class act from the restaurant. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35th Anniversary DinnerRetiredButWorkingVIPDined on 8/30/2014Returned for another superb anniversary dinner. Fito provided outstanding service and the food was perfection. Courses arrived at the perfect time, the Beef Wellington was so tender and the wine was great. Our wonderful meal concluded with a complimentary Anniversary dessert. Still one of our favorites, and worth the hundred mile drive.Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The ship was impressive to look at - stepping onto it was like walking back in time - that theme was perpetuated throughout - done very well and with taste. The food was top notch - served with style - the presentation was impeccable. The waiter was attentive and exhibited a manner of elegance and refinement long gone in most restaurants. It was our sons birthday and an incredible cake, with Happy Birthday, written in chocolate was presented to him - the "icing on the cake", so to speak - the entire meal could not have been presented better, nor tasted better - everything was superb - a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!!!!MarciaDined on 8/27/2014An amazing dining experience aboard the Queen Mary. Elegant setting, excellent service and a perfect dinner ! The food is amazing . A real gem !Special Features:
- SuperDmanDined on 8/26/2014Quiet, classy, elegant, I could go on for awhile. Food was outstanding and the service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 46th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening - the food was outstanding as was the staff. The lobster salad and lobster ravioli appetizer was delicious and both had a healthy portion of sweet lobster. We dined on a Monday evening so it was most likely not as crowded as on weekends, but we enjoyed that because we were able to ask questions and noone felt harried. We will definitely return and bring our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis in Long BeachLalaloolooDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant - no chips or fried food halleluja. American fine dining, fantastic Californian Merlot and champagne - however the age 21 thing a bit boring when you are from Europe. Would recommend and if I had time would take the tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and fabulous service!SparkyDined on 8/23/2014Our service was excellent!Food is increditable!Highly recommend!Very Romantic....❤Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingrybaflavinDined on 8/19/2014Sir Winston's is a must if you're in Long Beach or staying aboard the Queen Mary! The food is delicious, the service is incredible, and the views are amazing. We will definitely be going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night at Winston'sAnEnglishpointofviewDined on 8/16/2014A very nice feel to the place, 1940's ambiance great piano player in the bar, this was a special occasion as we were entertaining friends from the UK and it was my wife's birthday. The resteraunt went the extra mile, table overlooking down town long Beach which was just great to see as the light fadded and down town lit up, and of course the birthday desert with added choclate dipped strawberries The styaff were attentive but not pushy, and there was plenty of time between course to actually enjow what we had eaten, but not feel that that you had been forgoten A great dinning experienceSpecial Features:
- Five-Star Dining at Its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Sir Winston's was absolutely amazing! The food was delicious and the presentation was just gorgeous. The beef wellington was unbelievable and the chicken dish did not disappoint. The desserts were fabulous, as well (chocolate souffle and cheesecake). Even the caesar salad was wonderful. Was with someone who works in a five-star restaurant and has been in many throughout his life. He said that Sir Winston's was the best meal he had ever had - quite the endorsement! I would highly recommend Sir Winston's for anyone who wants a true fine dining experience. The views are gorgeous from most any table, the ambiance is lovely and the food will not disappoint. And one last highlight: our server, Drew, was so friendly and on-the-spot. Ask for him!Special Features:
- Good but slowdfsuttonDined on 8/16/2014We had a great evening, but the service was sloooowwww. Everthing we ordered seemed to take forever to come to the table, which was puzzling because the room was not especially full. I don't know why. Maybe we had a dud waiter, maybe there's some problem in the kitchen. But they really need to clean up their act. It's no fun just sitting there staring at the tablecloth. And the annoying background music made it a bit difficult for us to hold a conversation. What exactly is wrong with silence?Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRaccoonRunDined on 8/15/2014The food was incredibly delicious!! Impeccable service. We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary and were very happy we chose Sir Winston's. The only negative part of the evening was upon returning to our car we found the area to be quite dark and had to run away from a pack of about 6 raccoons that were apparently interested in the "To Go" bag in our hands. It was a frightening experience but once we were in the safety of our car we found some humor in the situation. All in all we had a wonderful time and will return whenever the opportunity allows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeeatoutDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful atmosphere, great food and the service was very nice.Special Features:
- Great food and Great musicgoodyfoodyDined on 8/15/2014Our food was served beautifully and was delicious. The music by Jennifer Hart was outstanding. She is personable and has a beautiful voice. The wait staff was very attentive and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sir Winston's Hot HouseRousseauDined on 8/15/2014Although, Sir Winston's has done away with their dress code, I am of the opinion that it is nice to wear a coat and tie to such a fine establishment. Espesially, considering the historical nature of the Queen Mary, it is nice to be dressed well for such a grand affair. However, I think my over all experience would have bee better if it had been cooler. Suit + tie + 78 degree restaurant + $$$ menu = not exceptable. Please fix the air conditioning. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedsktrunDined on 8/15/2014Aside from the stellar service from Drew and the waitstaff, we wished the food was as impressive. We came for the food, beef wellington to be exact. Our Beef Wellington, while a large portion, was dry and lacked seasoning. It was requested medium and came out completely brown tasting more like a roast than a steak. The sauce drowning the scallops ruined the flavor of the scallop. We are not food critics, but like good tasting food for the price. We by far had a better meal at Taco Surf down the street for under $20. So disappointing to pay well over $100 for a less than mediocre meal. If we had come for the ambiance and service we would have been completely satisfied.Special Features:
- SPECIAL OCCASIONAUSSIELADYDined on 8/14/2014We had to combine both business with a special anniversary for our clients. Everything was ideal - cannot fault anything. Drew our server was outstanding. Our Clients were thrilled with our choice of venue. Thank you very much. We are in the travel business so will highly recommend your restaurant.Special Features:
- VERY pleasantly surprisedDepiMarshallVIPDined on 8/13/2014Despite its high Zagat rating, we did not hold out a lot of hope for this restaurant. Afterall, it is inside a tourist attraction with a "captive" clientele. But we were wrong and after our first excellent meal, we returned the next night for more of the delicious continental food. The lobster bisque, lobster ravioli, chateaubriand, rack of lamb and Grand Marnier souffle were as good as we have had anywhere in Europe or the US. The venue was comfortably outfitted, quiet and with a lovely view. The maitre d' was gracious and very accomodating to our picky wine requirements. This is the kind of place that you can count on for a good meal and a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2014Service was Good. Presentation of food very nice although the scallops were fair at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sir Winston's!!DebngregVIPDined on 8/12/2014When in Long Beach, a trip to Sir Winston's is a must for any special occasion. The view of the city at night is beautiful, as well as during the day. The food is incredible! The beef Wellington is amazing, and definitely a must have! The service is also first class, with attention to your needs without being bothered.Special Features:
- First Class DiningsparksDined on 8/12/2014Sir Winston's fully replicates the first class dining experience of yesteryear's premium transatlantic ocean liner service. It may be a little stodgy and seemingly overpriced for today's twenty-somethings. But we more seasoned citizens will readily appreciate the classic menu and service. Janice and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with an overnight stay aboard the Queen Mary and a celebratory dinner at Sir Winston's. It was a perfect romantic experience all the way around. We thoroughly enjoyed it - you will also.Special Features:
- Another outstanding meal!mikekatie2014Dined on 8/12/2014I last ate at Sir Winstons in 1985. I recall it being extremely nice but perhaps a bit staid. My experience on August 12 was exceptional in all ways. We had a group of friends over to the Queen for dinner. The service was extraordinary, friendly and, I suppose most importantly for a restaurant of this caliber, largely invisible. I mean that in only the most complimentary way..... every need was quickly and quietly attended, many times before the thought had fully crystallized in our minds. To me, that is the essence of superb service... that sixth sense the staff has and the professional and always courteous execution of the smallest details. Kudos! I must add that the food was simply outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By gone eraSadieDined on 8/10/2014It is lovely that an elegant dining location has been preserved on the Queen Mary. The room is elegant but showing signs of wear and tear. The food is lovely and elegantly served. The wait staff take pride in their service.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencekissgerardDined on 8/9/2014wonderful experience for our 40th wedding anniversary beautiful place (the Queen Mary!), very comfortable restaurant, perfect food and service...what else?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberboycabronDined on 8/8/2014It was one of the best restaurant I have ever dined in my life (so far). If you are looking for a romantic night to celebrate with your special one, this is the spot you want to consider in the top of your list. Make a reservation, or you might have to pay for admission to aboard. Also, arrive little bit prior to your reservation time because it is everyone's request to dine in the seat with views. you might have to wait for a scenic view-tables to be ready. but, any seat in the restaurant are above average. Over all I really enjoyed the experience and definitely coming back for the view, food, drinks, and services.Special Features:
- Not honestjjw5794Dined on 8/6/2014Winston's tried to pass beef based meal off as vegetarian. And a vegetarian can tell. When told I could not eat this they freigned shock with a "Really? We didn't know ..." When obvious they did. Desert wonderful. Nice experience but hate lies. Will not eat there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticmikeDined on 8/4/2014Great food. Lovely view. Quiet and elegant. Went there for our anniversary and not only was the food outstanding, the waiter was great and was very knowledgeable about anything we wanted, or needed.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant to dineJimmyDined on 8/3/2014Sir Winston's has a great atmosphere with a nice view of Long Beach. The service was excellent and the food was good too.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceDee143MDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were celebrating our one year anniversary. It was an amazing experience. Outstanding service, great view, and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJimmcDined on 8/3/2014I took my wife to Sir Winston's for a romantic dinner. Food, service, ambience all outstanding. A little expensive but well worth it. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okaychickenDined on 8/3/2014the novelty of a ship was neat. very nice hotel. walls are paper thin. sir winston's chicken was not impressive what so ever. the servers were so busy eye balling my girlfriend that they failed to be attentive to their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for RomancemcwheatDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 39th anniversary and everything was great. The flowers that I ordered were on the table when we arrived and the waiter Dave was very knowledgeable about all the food and wine. He was at your table when you wanted him but did not hover. I had the Dover Sole and it was the best fish I have ever had. My wife had the Ahi Tuna which was perfect also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceToniDined on 8/1/2014Sir Winston's is one of my favorite resturants. I have nothing but nice things to say about them. The Queen Mary is beautiful, Sir Winston's is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great TimePatrickVIPDined on 7/30/2014Charming romantic dinner, elegant without being stuffy. The services was impeccable, which was only surpassed by the food. Highly recommend this for a special occassionSpecial Features:
- WonderfulGreatAnniversaryDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I celebrated an anniversary. Perfect! The scene....the food...the staff. The beef wellington was perfect. We enjoyed trying recommended cocktails. We will definitely return and enjoy again.Special Features:
- Excellent service & foodPartyof3Dined on 7/24/2014There wasn't one thing I didn't like about it! Food was delicious. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sir Winston's aboard the Queen MaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I celebrated our 7th anniversary aboard the Queen Mary. The highlight of our visit was dinner at Sir Winston's. The service was awesome.. we felt like royalty!! The dinner, we choose Chateaubriand steak for 2, was wonderful ... So tender, absolutely perfect. And the table we dined at was by far the best table in the restaurant .. The view was spectacular!!! Thank you Sir Winston's for the wonderful memories !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPaulDined on 7/20/2014The food , service, and dining experience was just awesome. We had the Chateaubriand and was worth every penny. Will be back again next time we visit the Queen MarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.