1117 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1M1Neighborhood:
Granville Entertainment District
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.siplounge.com/
- Phone: 6046877474
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mike Carter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Raptis 6047674645
- Entertainment: Throughout the weeks SIP features some of Vancouver’s best House and electronic DJ's as well as international talent on occasion.
As innovators in the restaurant business SIP owners Ray Staniscia, Peter Raptis and Ryan Newman have made advances in the industry, literally moving the kitchen where they feel it belongs, right to the front of house. Going beyond the traditional “open Kitchens” the unique set up at SIP allows guests to interact with the Chef as their meals are prepared at the kitchen bar. The Kitchen bar in itself is a unique concept at SIP
Executive Chef Mike Carter takes pride in not only using the finest produce, proteins and baked goods but also this with a carefully selected array of liquors, wines and beers found in all of SIP’s Inventive Plates. The exclusive flavor profiles born from the kitchen
The room has a warm feel accompanied by a beautiful staff and cutting edge food.
- weird eveningNikoDined on 2/14/2014the food at SIP was amazing and the duck confit poutine comes highly recomended. Howeber the service seemed disorganized and disgruntled. I saw too many faces taking care of me. Our actual server was pleasant and did a good job. I would return for the great food.Special Features:
- Out ofTryNewThingsDined on 2/14/2014Everything was great when we ate, only issue was they where out of there burger other then that great service, food, music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceWallabyDined on 1/31/2014I went to sip on Friday January 31. We had a reservation for 7:30. My friend and I were promptly brought to our seats. However, when my friend stepped out to make a call several waitresses walked by me about 10 times total and not one of them stopped to ask if I wanted a drink. Eventually one of them came over and asked if I would like a drink while I was waiting for my friend. She was not very friendly towards my friend and I the entire night. To make matters worse it was not very busy that night and it took quite along time for us to get our food. On a positive note my food was good, but I will not be coming back because of the lack of service and snobby waitresses.
- It's a good hang out place!TheraDined on 1/29/2014We went for Dine Out Menu 2014, it was actually surprise me on their 18 dollar menu. The good was not great but it's worth to try for only 18 and good place to hang out with friends:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly tiny portionOMGOMGDined on 1/25/2014We went there for Dine Out Vancouver ($18) but were shocked to see the unbelievably tiny portion served on our table. Both of our food was smaller than any kids meal. They should go for $28 course and serve more reasonable amount! We ended up going for our second dinner afterwards :(
- Dine Out VancouverteemsumDined on 1/25/2014Our server was Kathy. We ordered water for our beverage. Appetizers: Winter Soup, Tuna Sushi or Meatballs Entree: Mushrooms, Lobster & Prawn Fettucine, or Lamb Tacos Dessert: Panna Cotta or Flourless Chocolate Cake Kathy came by & asked 'are you ok with just the waters ?' I think at this point, she could have clued in that since we didn't order alcohol; she could've asked 'would you like some non-alcholic drinks ?...we have ( & then list some ) ( as the drink menu only had alcoholic drinks ). After Kathy cleared our dessert plates, she asked "would you like some tea ?" ( shouldn't she have asked us when she was clearing our dinner plates ?) I would've liked to drink tea WITH my dessert. Portions were tiny...
- Dine-out Menu- My husbandLP77Dined on 1/24/2014Dine-out Menu- My husband and I tried opposite things and enjoyed the first 2 courses both. I really liked the Lobster Fettucine.Portions were tiny, but I likely due to it being a cheap Dine-Out menu. Desserts weren't great. I had a great drink though- I think it was a Lucky lady or something. It was great! Service was good and atmosphere okay. I'd go back to try the regular menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out VancouverWinelover6Dined on 1/24/2014Dine Out Vancouver food was delicious, but very small portions. Felt like I needed to go out for food after. Good service and food came in good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great $18 DIne Outluv2eatVIPDined on 1/23/2014Fun energetic place to hang out with friends. Good drinks and yummy food. Great prices and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menupolyDined on 1/23/2014The appetizer of tuna sushi was delicious/ The main course of pasta could use a little sip of garlic or something and some parma could have been offered.Service was good. I thought the music could come down a bit so people can talk and hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality food, tiny portionsEatingOutDined on 1/23/2014Dine-Out 2014 menu - the tuna sushi was a gorgeous dish - very interesting take on an appetizer... then it kind of went downhill from there... the main dish - a shrimp and lobster linguini was maybe something between an appetizer size and the size of a small main... i have encountered smaller-sized portions at upscale restaurants before but this was really pushing it. I mean how much more would it cost to add a few more linguini noodles to a dish? The dessert was so small i thought it was a joke or someone in the kitchen maybe didn't like us so much when they brought it out - a brownie the size of my thumb - seriously. I get and appreciate the small-portion thing at upscale restaurants - but this place took it a smidgeon too far.Special Features:
- great placeRunningsoniaDined on 1/18/2014Not usually downtown but checked out this place thru dine-out. Great place...really enjoyed the menu. would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out TryPickyPerhapsDined on 1/18/2014Food was okay, but dinner was rushed (to be expected with Dine Out). Three courses in less than an hour is just too fast.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseDedecekDined on 1/17/2014This was our first Resto-Lounge for this season's Dine Out. It was a very enjoyable start. The Parsnip Soup was great, we had Lamb Tacos and Lobster Fettucinni, both were very satisfying. It was not too noisy and the servers and staff were very attentive. Given that the entire kitchen staff had only been there for week it can only get better.We would go back another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehuser458Dined on 8/24/2013I had been intrigued about this place when I heard they made everything with liquor but after going I can say the chefs were sipping on milkshakes from a fastfood place and everything they cooked was pre frozen - they have an open kitchen and should maybe show more cooking skill than dethawing skill. Our food was just ok - but it left us wishing we'd gone somewhere else.
- Interesting Place and LocationDaveVIPDined on 6/23/2013The food was great, the service and attention was even better. The menu was simple but everything on it was interesting. I ordered chicken done in a special gravy and it was done perfectly and the gravy was fantastic. Music was extremely loud, however as soon as they realized we were there to talk business, someone came over and turned off the speaker that was over our table, we didn't even have to ask that the music be lowered. They really paid attention to details and made us feel welcome and not just one of the regular patrons. My guess is they made everyone feel this way.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseFoodieVIPDined on 5/19/2013Despite being a little wary when we walked to the restaurant - down Granville - we were pleasantly surprised on all levels. When we got there, - we were there early as we were heading to a concert - the hockey game was a little loud but Dave kindly turned it down for us. Service was great. Martini's well made and the drink special turned out to be $4 beers - who can turn that down. We didn't order any appetizers but will try the Salt & Pepper squid another time. Our group of 4 tried the stuffed pork, the halibut and the chicken bowl. The halibut was really tasty, although portion was a little on the smaller side and apparently the stuffed pork was excellent as well. Likely a good place for a younger crowd later on but dinner very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We each had the 3 course forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/16/2013We each had the 3 course for $21 and we shared a bottle of wine that was $10 off. It was a great deal and the server was very attentive (sometimes, at other restaurants, it seems like the servers don't care about your table if you order the 'deals'). The food was very good (we had: arugula salad/pork loin/cheesecake and beef carpacio/chicken breast/chocolatey cake thing). It's cool that the kitchen is in the front of the restaurant, we chose to sit at a table, but it is nice to have the option to sit at the counter. Next time we're in the area we will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Had an absolutely exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Had an absolutely exceptional experience here! The food was fantastic and the service was excellent! Walked away so pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- We were the only customersOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/17/2013We were the only customers on a late Sunday afternoon so the service was extra attentive. There was a three course taster menu and a beer special so we got a quality meal with drinks for a bargain. The only downfall is they don't accept debit for payment.Special Features:
- :(OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013I was really dissapointed when I arrived with my dine-out reservation to learn that dine out was over. We ended up spending more for less and the appys were not that good at all. The only thing we really liked were the entres. There is no excuse for you to make a reservation through the dine-out website without being informed that you will not be offered the dine-out menu when you arrive. All in all was not happy with this experience.
- Not the best birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013We had a reservation for 7:30pm we got there at 7:15pm and were told we probably wouldn't get a table because they were really busy. We finally got a table at 8:15pm because we refused to eat our three course dinner at the kitchen bar; which is where the host suggested we eat. I did a little research before we got there, the food we ordered barely resembled the pictures from the website. It was very small and just OK. They did cover one of our drinks for making us wait over an hour, which I thought was nice.
- Great service. Tasty food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Great service. Tasty food. Fun environment for adults.Special Features:
- Good food small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013Went here for dine out vancouver, the food tasted really good but the portions were ridiculously small, the chicken entree was about 1/3 of a chicken breast with 4 pieces of asparagus. The beef carpaccio appie was 3 pieces about the size of a loonie each.
- Food was excellent and someoumax99Dined on 2/1/2013Food was excellent and some of the best service I've ever had at a restaurant. I love the location and ambiance!Special Features:
- Never ReturningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013SIP Resto-lounge has a small but nicely decorated interior. However, their food was subpar. The portions were incredibly small and the main course was bland. I could have cooked a better meal. Service was slow in the beginning- I felt a little ignored. One server was particularly rude - she was patronizing, quick to inform that forks were cutlery as if we were uneducated when we didn't hear that she said she would bring cutlery and asked for forks. That being said, the rest of the servers were bubbly and helpful. I would never return to this place. Never.
- We went to SIP for Dine OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013We went to SIP for Dine Out Vancouver. Our meal was a great price and was very good but the best part of our experience was the service. Great team work from all angles and our server was fantastic.Special Features:
- The service was lacklustre.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013The service was lacklustre. Finally had to go and find someone to take our drinks order. They were out of the wine I ordered and simply presented a mediocre dry white in place of the Sauvignon Blanc - the waitress had to go and get the manager who then explained what had happened. I then ordered a different wine and he picked up the tab for it, so the outcome was to be commended. My main course came on a cold plate, so the sauce was cold before I finished. The garlic mashed potatoes had no flavour of garlic whatsoever. The desserts were good.Special Features:
- The food was interesting andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2013The food was interesting and different, but varied in quality. Some items (beer battered poutine, cheesecake, and chocolate ganache) were really good, while other items (stuffed pasta, beef carpacio) were average. The service was excellent, but we were turned down for a later reservation, even though the restaurant was empty throughout our meal. It was super cold and the booths were quite tight, so better to sit at the bar, deeper in the restaurant, and maybe better for bigger groups. Good drink specials.
- Recommend!westcoastDined on 1/26/2013We were plesantly surprised how good the dine out menu was for $18. We enjoyed the ambiance, the seating and our cocktails were great and all the timing for the three courses was perfect. Well organized. Sip blew away Black and Blue in service and enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:
- Was there for Dine Out...servicegrimmyDined on 1/26/2013Was there for Dine Out...service and food were decent but not exceptional - but that is often the case with Dine Out reservations (unfortunately). We were a group of six and it was so loud in there that we had to shout across the table to speak to eachother. Maybe it's a place better suited to drinks at the bar? Will try it again during a non-Dine Out time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceEatingGoodThingsDined on 1/26/2013Went for dineout with friends. It was really good. Loved the unique cocktail I had infused with Thyme and black tea. The ambiance is good and lived the fact that the music is not so loud you can't talk. Will go again!Special Features:
- Not bad, food was cold andBuberry159Dined on 1/26/2013Not bad, food was cold and portion was relatively small.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2013Showed up at the door only to find a lady talking on the phone with a customer to confirm his/her reservation. The lady did not even smiled at us or acknowledged our existence, but only kept talking on the phone until another lady came up and seated us.If I were the lady, I would ask the customer on the line to hold for a second while I acknowledge the guest and/or get somebody to assist instead of continuing to talk on the phone.Service was OK; got seated close to the bar area and table was rather small. Tried their dine out menu and the Tuna Tower appy was good. Pork Tenderloin was OK and their Chocolate Ganache/Mousse (gluten free) is wayyy better than the cheesecake. Food portion was not a lot, but not bad for $18.
- Awesome service. Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Awesome service. Great food. Great price! My boyfriend's first dineout experience and loved it!Special Features:
- Getting the attention of theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Getting the attention of the waiter was terribly difficult - but generally I guess it was ok. The food was ok - portion-wise, not so good. It's on the smaller end. Ambiance was good - bar-like, it wasn't too rowdy which was good. Had a fairly good time.Special Features:
- Felt very rushed...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Food was great. Server was a bit odd. We felt very rushed, our main course came before I was done eating my appy and se with dessert. Then the second we were done eating the bill came... It wasn't even that busy that they would want a flow but we were pretty much in and out within 45 minutes which I really didn't like. I like to take my time. Then the server didn't even thank us, though the manager made up for it by checking everything was good and saying goodnight. Food was great, just came too quick.
- Food was cheap. Love the bigOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/23/2013Food was cheap. Love the big screen tv It was awesome that they had a $25 bottle of wine special on WedsSpecial Features:
- Dine Out Vancouver portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2013Dine Out Vancouver portions are very small, but for $18 still a great value
- The service and food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013The service and food was good, but the food lacked originality. We tried the Dine Out 2013 menu and found that the portions were a tad too small, but was worth it nonetheless at the great price of $18/person. Nice atmosphere, but seating was quite awkward as we sat in the one-person booths- not a huge fan. Food was brought to us very quickly and service was timely and frequent. Overall, nice place to go for Dine Out, but nothing stood out.Special Features: