Sino Restaurant & Lounge
377 Santana Row #1000
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
Sino Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sinorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4082478880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For all inquiries regarding offsite catering please contact our Special Events Coordinator for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Sino's chic, ultra-modern decor provides a unique experience for any type of occasion. Whether you are hosting a corporate event, wedding reception, or an intimate dinner party, let our staff take care of all the details. Sino can accommodate parties of 25 up to 100 people. Sino is also available for exclusive use to accommodate events up to 300 people. For all event inquiries , please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Linda Huynh, firstname.lastname@example.org, 4082440516
- Cross Street: Stevens Creek Blvd.
- Public Transit: VTA is available for our patrons use.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Free parking is available at many locations throughout Santana Row. During poor weather conditions Santana Row will provide mall goers with a complimentary loaner umbrella. Valet parking is also available one block from our location at the Hotel Valencia.
A word from Sino Restaurant & Lounge
Sino, the second endeavor of culinary artist Chris Yeo, was envisioned to entice the palette with the tradition of Dim Sum and the wonders of modern Chinese cuisine. Grand in scale, Sino offers an intimacy and sensuality that is unparalleled- from the warmth of the dining room adorned with billowing crimson curtains and layers of gossamer, to the plush and luxurious appointments of the lounge where comfort and beauty beckon you to stay a while.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sino Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Sino Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (33)good for groups (30)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (21)great for lunch (21)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (11)romantic (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Service ok, food goodKk1234Dined on 8/24/2014I went here with my family and my boyfriend on Sunday night. The front looks really fun for singles or people who are looking for a fun bar scene. We sat in the back, and were grateful that the music was quieter because in the front it was overwhelming. Our server was nice but really could have been better for the price. He came by only a few times and didn't smile and seemed annoyed. The food was good but nothing spectacular. Oversalted and no special flavors. Remembered this more of a dim sum place that had good asian food but now it feels much more American.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go w/ 20 somethingsFutroniDined on 8/22/2014Celebrated my birthday here with my kids and their girlfriends. Great atmosphere for them and the food was delicious! Love that you can sample small plates. Got a thumbs up from my boys. Jason was pretty great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy modern Asian cuisine; LoudEastBayCustomerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Trendy modern Chinese cuisine; Loud music on Friday and Saturday nights; Younger crowdsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C+SHoxhaDined on 8/8/2014It looks like this place is going downhill,, food is still remaining good, but service used to be great when Chris was around, now the service is horrible slow even our food was cold,,,,,Special Features:
- Interesting eats..AussieinusaDined on 7/31/2014We have been to Sino a few times before and always loved it. However this time was the exception. The service was very good but for some reason the food just wasn't up to par. My friend who is vegetarian ordered fried rice with no meat (and he found meat!), they did credit the meal but this was a terrible mistake. Additionally the rice was very bland and had hardly any flavour. If you do come here be sure to get the carrot cake. It is the best in the world!Special Features:
- Aside from noise, accomodatingSJDinerDined on 7/23/2014We had a work group that wanted to have a meal and catch up. This location was ideal except for the volume of the music in the bar. Before we were seated we had to shout to one another at the bar couch seating and it was almost impossible to have a decent conversation. Once we went to our table in the back (far from the loud music) it was the perfect atmosphere to converse. Also, the server was great, I wish I could recall his name.Special Features:
- Reservations needed!NoTableDined on 7/4/2014We made reservation for outdoor seating and got 5 minutes early. When they walked us to our table it was already taken. some passerby just saw the table open and sat down and ordered a drink. They asked if we would like to sit inside. I said no , we made reservation for outside. They put us in an empty inside outside patio and told us to wait ten minutes another table is opening! They made no effort of telling the guy that he has taken someone else's spot! 20 minutes later we decided to just eat where we were sitting since there was still no opening and our 8 month boy was happy playing on the sofa. Food was decent, but seriously the waitress and hostess should really have some communication, otherwise why bother with reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceduckbillDined on 6/28/2014Fun menu - Chinese favorites re-invented plus originals. We had Sangria (not what you'd expect at a "Chinese" place, but very good), seafood risotto (same), an excellent shrimp wonton soup, with large shrimp inside the wontons, among other things. The front of the restaurant is very loud, but we were seated in the back, and were able to converse.Special Features:
- Sino Customer Servicegolden7foodieDined on 6/26/2014Overall, the ambience of the place is good. There is mood setting lighting, nice decorations and good music. However, waiters tend to ignore customers who are seated for a long time. I had to keep waving the waiter over. It made the whole experience longer than planned. The food was fresh and creative. I would just come back for the food honestly, but service could get better. I do really like the fact that if you make a reservation it is help for you. That is a good thing. It shows that your reservation and your attendance is important.Special Features:
- GOOD, BUT EXPECTED MORELadybugVIPDined on 6/21/2014I have eaten here once or twice before, but it has been a while. We went on a Saturday night and decided to wait for a table outside so we could people watch. Once seated, the service was VERY slow. The table next to us received and ate an entire crab before we got any service and even longer just to get water. The food was good, but blander then I had expected. The dim sum was better than the main meal items. If I go back again, it will most likely be only for dim sum and drinks. There are many other restaurants in Santana Row with better food and service. The atmosphere was great. Definitely geared toward a younger hip crowd. The music in the bar was good, but so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling.Special Features:
- Bad service, bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/19/2014Eaten at Sino many times, this however was the worst meal along with bad service. Dishes came to the table cold. No spoons to dish up our chicken lettuce wraps, cold shrimp, cold ribs. I guess when our food came up they just let it sit there. Our server did not even come back to check on us and the bus boy was the one who brought us our check. So very bad we will not go back and I could not recommend Sino to anyone anymore. So very sad to see this happen. No management was visible and it was apparent. Nothing worse than spending over $100 for a poor meal.
- Food and Service Were Very GoodLove2dineDined on 6/17/2014We made a business dinner reservation for 5 and ended up with 6, so were reseated and well taken care of. We trusted our waitress Emily to order for a family style meal and she did a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Dinner -HORRIBLENuvj30Dined on 6/15/2014We took our Dad out to dinner for Father's Day. I had reservations so after checking in they sat us down fairly fast. We ordered drinks, appetizers and main course all at the same time. It took them 35 minutes to bring our appetizers and 1hr 30 minutes to bring the main course from the time we ordered. Tables around us were empty and it didn't see busy. We had our waitress check up on the food several times but she kept saying she has asked the guys back there and they are working on it... I am not sure what that meant. Anyways it turned beautiful night in to a horrible waiting game... Will not be ever returning to the restraurant. Do not take your loved ones to Sino's for special events.Special Features:
- Food just okay, service horribleKrisDined on 6/15/2014I hate to give a bad review. I know how hard servers work. We were a party of 7, ordered dim sum off the checklist menu. Saw very little of our server. Requested drinks mid-meal, which seemed to take 20 minutes (maybe the bar was slow?). Requested ice for the tepid glasses of water, that took a very long time (requested twice, perhaps the food runner or busboy that we asked it for forgot, we had to ask twice. Ditto with a request for soy sauce on the table. food was very slow to come out, but when we were done eating, a busboy came out and was grabbing plates so quickly, that a few of us had chopsticks and silverware dropped in our laps (a few too many red bulls on his shift?). Been to Sino before, usually nice. Maybe an off day.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014We ordered dim-sum, spicy chicken, eggplant and shrimp. The dim-sum was good, but the rest was nothing special. The chicken and shrimp seemed to have been sitting a while as they were not very (heat) hot. Overall not a great experience.
- Turn down the music!! Way too LOUD!luv2sampledishesDined on 6/14/2014Our waitress was OUTSTANDING!!! Smart, attractive, personable, fun, one of the best we've ever had!!! The food came out very slowly, but that wasn't her fault. The music is way too loud, esp. in the front and around the bar. I would never go back to the bar area for that reason. Who thinks loud music attracts people??? People go to a restaurant to have a conversation not to be screaming at each other. We no longer go to any restaurant where we have trouble talking and hearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sino Slow Servicegolden7foodieDined on 6/11/2014This was my first time here. We had reservations. They sat us at a low table w/ high chairs. Needless to say it was hard to get in & out. It took 35 min from the time we sat down to receive service from the waitress. We just wanted water & recommendations. We got water, but add 20 min before she came back to ask if we wanted to start out with drinks. We ordered drinks & she left before we could order our food. She helped other tables who sat after us, but got their food before us, sped past us until I politely raised my voice to ask for assistance. When we finally ordered food we were both STARVING! We had been there over an hour+ already. When the food finally came, it was delicious and fresh. I just wish the service was better!Special Features:
- Great food and atmospherePugchanDined on 6/10/2014The food is always delicious at Sino - although the portion sizes have decreased. But the service was v v poor! It took AGES to get our order and we had to keep reminding our server to get our drinks! That too on a Tues night when things are slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange experiencereluctantreviewerDined on 6/7/2014After we were seated, for about 20-25 mins, no one came to even offer us water. My wife had to get up and ask a waiter to come to our table. After that, the service was prompt. We've been here before and never seen anything bizarre like this. We came here for lunch.
- Consistently Great FoodFoodieDined on 6/5/2014The food is unique, ample, and flavorful! The service is hit and miss. Even if they have open tables and offer them to the people in front of you, they may tell you that there is a 40 minute wait. The only way I've found to get around this is to make a reservation at Open Table. The waitress are variable too. Sometimes you get one that is very attentive and sometimes they will ignore you, not bring you silverware before your food arrives, or not bring you sweetener with your tea, etc. We would probably eat here a lot more often if it wasn't for the service staff. We eat out at Santana Row at least 4-5 times per week. We used to eat at Sino 2-3 times per week, but this past year we may eat here 1-2 times per month.Special Features:
- Subpar Service/Decent FoodSarEATaDined on 5/29/2014The service was very slow and our place settings were not properly taken care of. We got our dishes without serving utensils and our waitress disappeared for about 20 minutes. We had to flag down bus boys on at least three occasions to ask for silverware, clean plates, rice, water, new drinks, order food, etc. The food is usually much tastier from my past experiences. We ordered the Tangerine Beef and it was so tough we could barely chew through it and it was almost inedible. The Kumquat Chicken was very greasy. The Chicken Lolipops, Crabcakes and Fried Rice were really good.Special Features:
- Still great food, still very noisyMistyVIPDined on 5/24/2014We've been going here for years and enjoying the Asian fusion dishes. They just changed their drink list again, and the Triad was awesome. Our standard favorite dishes are salt and pepper (anything) and the Hong Kong crispy noodle. It's very loud, so not a place to take someone if you want to be able to talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Sino - Will go back for sureMicVeloDined on 5/14/2014If you like places that are live and full of energy, this is the place to go. (Not so much a romantic getaway spot.... as is the case for most restaurants on Santana Row). We ordered the Kung Pao Chicken "Lollipops"... not what we were expecting but oh so good!! To go with that we also ordered the "Char Siu Chilean sea bass. Very different. It was essentially fish cooked with char siu marinade. Again, not what we were expecting but good nonetheless. Finally, a plate of Hong Kong Crispy noodles. Excellent flavor. Would order all again but there's so many other enticing items on the menu, it'll be a while before we get those again. Service was good. Overall: B+ (a few points off for the long wait between dishes due to a banquet in back.)Special Features:
- Sino made Mother's Day great!CourtyDined on 5/11/2014I loved your waitstaff and your ambiance. The food was wonderful as always. The servers paid very good attention to the mothers in our group and made sure that we had plenty of food and drink. It was a very celebratory enviornment for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dim SumshappycamperVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is the best Chinese restaurant ever! The fabulous dim sums make it a unique and special dining adventure. Being at Santana Row is another great advantage! For older people, I suggest eating outside or at an off time as it is a vibrant, loud place for young people inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at SinoimhungryVIPDined on 5/10/2014Went there for early Mother's Day lunch for our party of 8. Food arrived at various times...not consistent or made sense at all. Our appetizers and my nephew's arrived last after several reminders to the waitress. Food was rather pricey for the amount of food that you actually receive. Waitress was extremely nice. Fun atmosphere. But I wouldn't recommend this place for lunch at all unless you are interested in only appetizers and drinks.Special Features:
- LivelyisandovalDined on 5/9/2014Stino serves good food and has a lively environment. I will add that the service was not what i expected for a restaurant of that level. Service was nice but not great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Great food, best device I have had in quite a while. Especially liked the apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sino : Food + Ambience - Service...NeoklassiksoulVIPDined on 5/8/2014Arrived a few minutes late due to traffic, called up however ahead of time and got a bit of a snotty response. Arrived and then was told its best for me to wait for my guests at the bar ( still trying to figure then the stress ). Food was great - good spread of asian cuisine. Location a little loud and noisy for a 'dinner' - but a great bar/bar snacks vibe if that's what you are after. Service in between meals was ok though a little pushy. In general : would I be back...yes....with different expectations of the night.Special Features:
- So embarrassing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I took my coworkers out for happy hour to celebrate their birthdays. When I received the bill I was shocked at how high it was. Our reservation was for 6:15 and We were there for happy hour. The waiter explained that the happy hour didn't appy to outside seating and it was first come first serve! Nobody explained this to us! The place was packed and we waited 20minutes for the waiter to finally come by. I paid too much! I regret my visit. I didn't have enough to tip the waiter, and didn't feel he deserved it, my coworker tipped him anyway because she didnt feel right,and caused some resentment between us. So I paid way too much and made a bad impression!!Special Features:
- The following 707 reviews are from the Sino Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- My reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/1/2014The alcoholic beverages were not good at all, I usually come here a lot but this time was different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Time!New2theAreaDined on 4/25/2014The food was very flavorful! The ambiance was nice too. We sat in the back of the restaurant where you could still hear the music and it was nice. It was our first time on Santana Row and my husband and I will be returning to do some shopping. Overall, we had a great time at the restaurant and will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SummerVIPDined on 4/25/2014We love the food at sino. This place great to have get together or special occassion. The lobster potstickers are my favorite. I recommended this place for great food and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudlefthandedDined on 4/19/2014Food was cold and the restaurant was loud. The waiter was polite and helpful, which was the only nice thing about the place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014Wonderful Experience! The food was really good and the staff was on top of everything.Special Features:
- Out of this world experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014Anne our server was exceptional. Best service we have ever had. Food was brought out quickly and tasted out of this world. Also one of the managers Justin took the time to stop and ask about our experience to make sure everything was perfect. Make sure you try and get Anne as your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious dim sum placekikiVIPDined on 4/18/2014Service was slow for dim sum, not sure if it was the kitchen or servers. We went for lunch, spend over half hour before we got food. Once we got our dumplings we had to wait for the sauces, who can eat dim sum without dipping sauce? My 88 yrs young Aunt went there and left before they even ate because she said the manager Paid more attention to the Caucasian customers, she felt snubbed. Maybe the night scene is better.
- Dinner a SinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014Pros: Food was great; no complaints there. Cons: I didn't have a fork. Asked for it twice. Ordered crab cakes? Never showed up....Special Features:
- Decent Food-Terrible ServiceMM4FoodDined on 4/5/2014The food is not bad, once it arrives....and more importantly when someone takes an order. Terrible service. Had heard real good things about the restaurant. Big disappointment. Would definitely not go again.