Sinigual - NY
640 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Sinigual - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinigualrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (212) 286-0250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Juan Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service, seven days a week to your home or office. Please contact Carlos Vargas for details.
A word from Sinigual - NY
Sinigual celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. Even the name itself is a fusion of words, meaning without equal, above the rest and unique. Sinigual artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palette of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At Sinigual, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And it's future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sinigual - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (79)great for lunch (55)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (34)special occasion (29)hot spot (25)romantic (17)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (8)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great Mexican in MidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2014The decor is lovely, and the food was delicious. There are some really interesting items on the menu, and my friends and I had a hard time deciding what to order. The food was fresh, flavors were good, and portions were generous. Drinks were a bit pricey, but typical of NYC. Our only complaint was that no server once offered to refill our water glasses or asked if we wanted another drink, and although they cleared our plates expediently, our empty glassed were still on the table when we left. That said, the food was delicious and our overall experience was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican restaurant with flairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Singular is a pleasant and comfortable restaurant serving tasty Mexican food. It has most of the classics of typical Mexican cuisine with a number of interesting variations, and original creations too. The guacamole is exceptional. Portions are of good size.. There is a good selection of wines from various sources, and they are decently priced. Service is attentive and friendly, The overall atmosphere is cordial and relaxed. I would recommend this restaurant for a satisfying dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!HL88Dined on 11/14/2014The menu provided both traditional and non-traditional options. The drink menu was sufficient. The food came out in a timely manner. Just a little hiccup with drink service. The waiter took the drink order and it took quite some time for the drink to arrive at the table. No biggie though! Everything was great. Would definitely recommend to everyone! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh MexicanFaceamVIPDined on 11/14/2014Good food, vibrant tastes, and nice open atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveMexicanDined on 11/6/2014Excellent food, service and environment. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite authentic, but goodHonestDinerVIPDined on 11/4/2014In my earnest opinion, Sinigual is the only "Mexican" restaurant in Midtown East that is worth visiting. Granted, it's a far cry from similar places you'd find in the South and Southwest, but it's a good "NYC fake". A bit like a faded, black and white photocopy of a great painting. The picture is still kind-of there, but not quite. Food is acceptable, portions are moderate but you will be full by the end. Guacamole is acceptable if a bit taste-less, fajitas have a bit of "micro-wave dinner" look & feel but taste good, drinks are watery but not toxic. In the end, there are no better alternatives, so give it a try. Just don't expect this to be San Diego's or Monterrey's finest.
- We Loved this RestaurantDLDAmDined on 11/3/2014I did a search on Open Table, looking for Mexican food in the Murray Hill section of Manhattan and found this Gem! The food was delicious. We Particularly enjoyed the guacamole made tableside - fresh and tasty! The margaritas were cold and refreshing. The service was fast and friendly and we really enjoyed the décor and ambiance of the place. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Go to placePalBDined on 11/3/2014This is our go to restaurant for celebrating special occasions and taking family visiting us from out of town. The servers are great. It is absolutely amazing for most people from the other side of the continent to watch guacamole being made right in front of them. My family members even took pictures!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/30/2014Much better than the last time I went - good place to go for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great guacamole & shrimp appetizerJeanVIPDined on 10/28/2014All liked their choice as well as wide array of cocktails. Mohito especially. Shrimp appetizer is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good MexicanwiedVIPDined on 10/28/2014this is where i always go in midtown for Mexican food. It is excellent and highly recommended. GSWSpecial Features:
- papayaDined on 10/28/2014This is just based on my experience. Since our lunch time was 1 hour, and since it is a crowded place, I would have liked the restaurant to have more people serving in order to cut the waiting time to order, to get the bill and so on. All in all my experience has been great!Special Features:
- Sinigual with friendsNy1snabluemoonDined on 10/24/2014There were four of us and we got the guacamole appetizer... Which had a tinge of spice fit to our taste.. We had beer with 2 entrees - the beef fajita and the special halibut... Which we shared! It was ample and the server was really helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful inventive Mexican fusion!DianeVIPDined on 10/22/2014A friend suggested that I meet her there for lunch while I was in town for business. The food was wonderful. We were in a bit of a hurry and they were able to accommodate us even though the restaurant was very busy. I look forward to going back the next time I am in NYC.Special Features:
- FantasticBishbamVIPDined on 10/21/2014The service was spot on, especially during a very busy lunch period and the food as always, was creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for occasional visitMidtownerDined on 10/20/2014Ambiance, location, service and food were all terrific. It may be a good place to visit once in a while because it is a little pricey for a regular lunch unless of course you're one of the lucky ones who don't care about price. A simple lunch, no alcoholic drink or dessert was close to $50 with tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014The margaritas don't seem to have any tequila--but they do have plenty of ice. The second round was tasteless--thin, watery. The guacamole, allegedly spiced as we selected, was bland (we asked for spicy). The steak with Chimchuri sauce was delicious. The service was a little weird. From the moment we sat down, our waitress spoke in terms of "we"--like she was one of us ("is this our first time in the restaurant?" "how do we like the margaritas?"). And when we commented that the jalapeno margaritas didn't have enough "heat" she said that they were served the way SHE likes them!
- Great Drinks and FoodGeoDestinyDined on 10/17/2014Haven't seen a friend in a while and we enjoyed their great happy hour with a few great choices for everyone! We had dinner and it was delicious and the staff was so friendly which in turn made for a great time!Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good food & decorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Knowledgeable staff. Great cocktails & guacamole. Fun place to bring visitors or co workers. Only complaint (on a busy Friday night) was service was v slow.Special Features:
- Fast and GoodKelseyBDined on 10/17/2014Great food and great drinks. Food comes out super fast so great for working lunchSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/15/2014I like this restaurant and will go back. But, the service this time was pretty weak and it took an extremely long time to (a) order and (b) more importantly, to get our food. This was not at all opportune as it was lunch and we had to get back to work.Special Features:
- Good good with service that try'sJimVVIPDined on 10/14/2014Really enjoyed the food as it is a Mexican fusion menu. Decent price for what you get. Service was a little overwhelmed because they were busy. Predominantly slow with drinks because the bar was backed up. I recommend you give it a try you will likely be very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadySniperDined on 10/11/2014I love this restaurant....The food is excellent and the drinks are good. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends who love to eat out.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Meal was great and ambiance was also nice. Drinks were strong and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary MexicanclaypigeonDined on 10/2/2014My second visit to Sinigual and again very impressed with the food - a contemporary interpretation of Mexican classics. Guacamole is excellent, with a lot of texture, not a bland mush. Drinks interesting and very good. I had the duck-filled chile releno special, and it was excellent. Fried ice cream for dessert, which sounds gimmicky, but very good and not overly sweet. Only snag was at the very end of the meal, when waiter did not return correct change by a very large margin. A disappointing ending to the lovely lunch. Noise at lunch is loud, but bearable; dinner decibels are really too high for conversation so go with someone you already know well and don't mind screaming at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary MexicanMathsuptDined on 9/25/2014Very nice restaurant with a fun atmosphere. Claim to be contemporary Mexican and they are. Not the usual combination platters found in authentic Mexican restaurants, so don't expect that. Dishes were good , but different. We would return.Special Features:
- CHECK YOUR BILLCHECKYOURBILL123Dined on 9/25/2014I contacted the restaurant the following morning after my lunch with 1 other person. I asked for the itemized bill, since it seemed odd that lunch for 2 w no alcohol added up to $70 w/out tip and realized I did not check the bill. We had 1 guacamole, 2 non-alchohol beverages, and 2 lunch entrees (Shrimp/avocado salad and scallops special). Seems like a very pricey lunch--still waiting for them to send me itemized bill (called again). Also, it has happened before that the check was incorrect but i caught it on the spot -- so thinking that this now happened again.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsCGNNYCVIPDined on 9/23/2014I go to Sinigual for business lunches and after work to catch up with friends. The service never disappoints. These are the most genuine and truly pleasant wait staff in NYC. Tables and booths are set up in a way that you have privacy if on a busines lunch, but not totally closed off from the action. While it is a Mexican restaurant I never feel that the menu is limiting. AND, I LOVE their non-alcholic drinks at $4!!!Special Features:
- Good Mexican CuisineShanDined on 9/19/2014A friend recommended this restaurant. The staff was great and the food was good. Nice comfortable atmosphere and great for accommodating groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sizzling fajitas...nyfoodieDined on 9/18/2014The sizzling plate fajitas and fresh guacamole are good. Beware it gets noisy over lunch, with conversations and music all competing to be heard. Don't bother staying for coffee/tea.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Night at SinigualNMP9863Dined on 9/16/2014Went here and met a friend after work. Bar tender was very friendly...gave me chips and joked with me. Waiter recommended an Appetizer of Shrimp which was delicious...with a little bite. Had Chicken Enchilada...which was more of a layered lasagna-type Enchilada (not your typical Enchilada that you find in most Mexican restaurants). This place was pretty crowded for a Tuesday Night....Restaurant is not too far from Grand Central Station. You might want to hit this place for lunch or for a night out after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never can go wrong with SinigualFavMexicanFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful service and great food. This place gets it right each time. This was my third time here but first time with my teenage children and they loved it. Food was incredible and service was great even on a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UESFOODIEVIPDined on 9/2/2014The place has some patrons but not very full. The food was decent but very high priced for what it is. Two orders of steak fajitas and two sodas came out to over $79 because we ordered a side of sour cream, $4, really??! and $14 for a plate of rice and beans. They will be out of business shortly. They cannot compare themselves to a Rosa Mexicana or Maya and should not be asking $27 for a small plate of steak fajitas. I will not be coming back.
- Worst Mexican in ManhattanGTownBoyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Have tried Sinigual twice now. Service has to be the worst in the city. Our waitress who was all smily when she introduced herself and took our order was never seen again except in passing throughout dinner. We ran out of water, tea and cocktails and she never returned to even ask if we needed anything. Dirty plates remained on the table. We would have liked more drinks or at least a water refill. She was a talker...to everyone who worked there but not to customers. She always lurked in the shadows but did not speak to customers once their order was taken. There was a good deal of chatting among the staff including some inappropriate racial comments we overheard about customers. Sandoval should be embarrassed for his staff's performance.
- Aug21st2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/20142nd time there, good for drinks, food lacking on flavor and expected better. :-(Special Features:
- Mexico we goNickVIPDined on 8/19/2014Made reservation for lunch. Hostess was quick with greeting us but did not find that warm welcoming from her. Food was good, great recommendations by Rodrigo. Just one thing, can you please lower the ringer volume on the hostess phone? Is very disrupting to guests when they are trying to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas!LLatPoHDined on 8/16/2014Seriously good -- I had the "skinny" one and you could not tell the difference from the "fat" one. Food was great, service was efficient and friendly if a little overly attentive .... Which is hardly a comment you hear these days! Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABOVE EXPECTATIONS!ClashinDined on 8/15/2014I took my lady for her 30th Birthday and I was nervous that the restaurant might not be as memorable. Boy was I wrong! Our server, Rodrigo, was magnificent! Best server I've ever encountered from any restaurant. The drink were very nice. Usually we feel places are a bit cheap on the liquor...not here. You tasted it with the first sip. Okay...now the food. AMAZING! So good. So so sooo good. We had the Chipotle Barbecue Ribs and the Carne Asada. Huge portions. The meat was cooked to perfection and the sides were crafted wonderfully. We want to go back again already - maybe for our UN-Birthdays next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suegeeDined on 8/14/2014Delicious food! Always fresh and wonderful mix of flavors and spices. Highly reccommend for lunch if you want to bring clients, or friends. Pretty interior as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYEDLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was my fist visit and I will be back. The food and service was very good and we were a group of 7.Special Features: