Sinigual - NY
640 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Sinigual - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinigualrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2122860250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Juan Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service, seven days a week to your home or office. Please contact Carlos Vargas for details.
A word from Sinigual - NY
Sinigual celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. Even the name itself is a fusion of words, meaning without equal, above the rest and unique. Sinigual artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palette of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At Sinigual, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And it's future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sinigual - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (64)great for lunch (45)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (25)hot spot (20)romantic (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good place for occasional visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Ambiance, location, service and food were all terrific. It may be a good place to visit once in a while because it is a little pricey for a regular lunch unless of course you're one of the lucky ones who don't care about price. A simple lunch, no alcoholic drink or dessert was close to $50 with tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014The margaritas don't seem to have any tequila--but they do have plenty of ice. The second round was tasteless--thin, watery. The guacamole, allegedly spiced as we selected, was bland (we asked for spicy). The steak with Chimchuri sauce was delicious. The service was a little weird. From the moment we sat down, our waitress spoke in terms of "we"--like she was one of us ("is this our first time in the restaurant?" "how do we like the margaritas?"). And when we commented that the jalapeno margaritas didn't have enough "heat" she said that they were served the way SHE likes them!
- Great Drinks and FoodGeoDestinyDined on 10/17/2014Haven't seen a friend in a while and we enjoyed their great happy hour with a few great choices for everyone! We had dinner and it was delicious and the staff was so friendly which in turn made for a great time!Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good food & decorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Knowledgeable staff. Great cocktails & guacamole. Fun place to bring visitors or co workers. Only complaint (on a busy Friday night) was service was v slow.Special Features:
- Fast and GoodKelseyBDined on 10/17/2014Great food and great drinks. Food comes out super fast so great for working lunchSpecial Features:
- Good good with service that try'sJimVVIPDined on 10/14/2014Really enjoyed the food as it is a Mexican fusion menu. Decent price for what you get. Service was a little overwhelmed because they were busy. Predominantly slow with drinks because the bar was backed up. I recommend you give it a try you will likely be very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadySniperDined on 10/11/2014I love this restaurant....The food is excellent and the drinks are good. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends who love to eat out.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Meal was great and ambiance was also nice. Drinks were strong and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary MexicanclaypigeonDined on 10/2/2014My second visit to Sinigual and again very impressed with the food - a contemporary interpretation of Mexican classics. Guacamole is excellent, with a lot of texture, not a bland mush. Drinks interesting and very good. I had the duck-filled chile releno special, and it was excellent. Fried ice cream for dessert, which sounds gimmicky, but very good and not overly sweet. Only snag was at the very end of the meal, when waiter did not return correct change by a very large margin. A disappointing ending to the lovely lunch. Noise at lunch is loud, but bearable; dinner decibels are really too high for conversation so go with someone you already know well and don't mind screaming at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary MexicanMathsuptDined on 9/25/2014Very nice restaurant with a fun atmosphere. Claim to be contemporary Mexican and they are. Not the usual combination platters found in authentic Mexican restaurants, so don't expect that. Dishes were good , but different. We would return.Special Features:
- CHECK YOUR BILLCHECKYOURBILL123Dined on 9/25/2014I contacted the restaurant the following morning after my lunch with 1 other person. I asked for the itemized bill, since it seemed odd that lunch for 2 w no alcohol added up to $70 w/out tip and realized I did not check the bill. We had 1 guacamole, 2 non-alchohol beverages, and 2 lunch entrees (Shrimp/avocado salad and scallops special). Seems like a very pricey lunch--still waiting for them to send me itemized bill (called again). Also, it has happened before that the check was incorrect but i caught it on the spot -- so thinking that this now happened again.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsCGNNYCVIPDined on 9/23/2014I go to Sinigual for business lunches and after work to catch up with friends. The service never disappoints. These are the most genuine and truly pleasant wait staff in NYC. Tables and booths are set up in a way that you have privacy if on a busines lunch, but not totally closed off from the action. While it is a Mexican restaurant I never feel that the menu is limiting. AND, I LOVE their non-alcholic drinks at $4!!!Special Features:
- Good Mexican CuisineShanDined on 9/19/2014A friend recommended this restaurant. The staff was great and the food was good. Nice comfortable atmosphere and great for accommodating groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sizzling fajitas...nyfoodieDined on 9/18/2014The sizzling plate fajitas and fresh guacamole are good. Beware it gets noisy over lunch, with conversations and music all competing to be heard. Don't bother staying for coffee/tea.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Night at SinigualNMP9863Dined on 9/16/2014Went here and met a friend after work. Bar tender was very friendly...gave me chips and joked with me. Waiter recommended an Appetizer of Shrimp which was delicious...with a little bite. Had Chicken Enchilada...which was more of a layered lasagna-type Enchilada (not your typical Enchilada that you find in most Mexican restaurants). This place was pretty crowded for a Tuesday Night....Restaurant is not too far from Grand Central Station. You might want to hit this place for lunch or for a night out after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never can go wrong with SinigualFavMexicanFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful service and great food. This place gets it right each time. This was my third time here but first time with my teenage children and they loved it. Food was incredible and service was great even on a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UESFOODIEVIPDined on 9/2/2014The place has some patrons but not very full. The food was decent but very high priced for what it is. Two orders of steak fajitas and two sodas came out to over $79 because we ordered a side of sour cream, $4, really??! and $14 for a plate of rice and beans. They will be out of business shortly. They cannot compare themselves to a Rosa Mexicana or Maya and should not be asking $27 for a small plate of steak fajitas. I will not be coming back.
- Worst Mexican in ManhattanGTownBoyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Have tried Sinigual twice now. Service has to be the worst in the city. Our waitress who was all smily when she introduced herself and took our order was never seen again except in passing throughout dinner. We ran out of water, tea and cocktails and she never returned to even ask if we needed anything. Dirty plates remained on the table. We would have liked more drinks or at least a water refill. She was a talker...to everyone who worked there but not to customers. She always lurked in the shadows but did not speak to customers once their order was taken. There was a good deal of chatting among the staff including some inappropriate racial comments we overheard about customers. Sandoval should be embarrassed for his staff's performance.
- Aug21st2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/20142nd time there, good for drinks, food lacking on flavor and expected better. :-(Special Features:
- Mexico we goNickVIPDined on 8/19/2014Made reservation for lunch. Hostess was quick with greeting us but did not find that warm welcoming from her. Food was good, great recommendations by Rodrigo. Just one thing, can you please lower the ringer volume on the hostess phone? Is very disrupting to guests when they are trying to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas!LLatPoHDined on 8/16/2014Seriously good -- I had the "skinny" one and you could not tell the difference from the "fat" one. Food was great, service was efficient and friendly if a little overly attentive .... Which is hardly a comment you hear these days! Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABOVE EXPECTATIONS!ClashinDined on 8/15/2014I took my lady for her 30th Birthday and I was nervous that the restaurant might not be as memorable. Boy was I wrong! Our server, Rodrigo, was magnificent! Best server I've ever encountered from any restaurant. The drink were very nice. Usually we feel places are a bit cheap on the liquor...not here. You tasted it with the first sip. Okay...now the food. AMAZING! So good. So so sooo good. We had the Chipotle Barbecue Ribs and the Carne Asada. Huge portions. The meat was cooked to perfection and the sides were crafted wonderfully. We want to go back again already - maybe for our UN-Birthdays next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suegeeDined on 8/14/2014Delicious food! Always fresh and wonderful mix of flavors and spices. Highly reccommend for lunch if you want to bring clients, or friends. Pretty interior as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYEDLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was my fist visit and I will be back. The food and service was very good and we were a group of 7.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The presentation, quality and taste of the food was excellent. It's an upscale Mexican restaurant but with some traditional dishes. With the exception of the price on the margeritas ($15) the rest on the menu is reasonable considering the quality.Special Features:
- Loved it!Nator21Dined on 8/11/2014Our table was ready when we got there (a couple of minutes before the reservation time). The waiter was super friendly and made sure he were OK. He suggested things that weren't on the menu, great guy! I was a little bit concerned about the timing but appetizers and main dishes all came pretty fast. We had to go back to the office for a meeting, but when we realized that we still had time, we even got dessert.Special Features:
- I wasn't feeling the food..GdotDined on 8/10/2014Guacomole was delicious as were chips. Other's food looked amazing but to the taste, I was not impressed. I love food; tastey food; but not here. Shrimp grilled was mushy and not flavorful, steak was ehh, duck dish (bits of duck only) and berries added in duck AND rice. Berries everywhere & not a noted ingredient on menu. Chipotle sauce tasted like bbq'd ketchup. Excellent cocktails yet too pricey considering food was an entire let down. Even deserts were ehh. Waiter was good but seemed to try selling everything as wonderfully delicious and the most expensive items too. It felt disingenuine. A server can sway one from a food item on menu without putting it down. Ask your guest what their palette enjoys and make a recommendation instead.
- Not BadCrazyangel519518VIPDined on 8/8/2014I came across this restaurant on open table while trying to decide where to go for dinner. The food was not bad, nothing to special about it just your typical Mexican food. The restaurant itself was nice, the service was also nice. It was a good meal, maybe not my top choice for Mexican restaurants in the city, but I would go again.Special Features:
- Went on a whimpmjedwardsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Good food, good service and reasonably priced. Getting all three in NYC can be a challenge.
- Wonderfully updated Mexican cuisineDuxMomDined on 8/8/2014Vibrant dining space and welcoming atmosphere! Fresh table side guacamole was delicious. (with your choice of heat levels). Warm flour tortillas served with fresh mexican cheese, salsa verda and spicy tomato salsa came to the table at our arrival. Perfect margaritas served with extra shots of tequila at our request. Our appetizers and entrees were fresh and expertly prepared. We finished with the chocolate flan! When in NYC again, we will be back. Our server Jose A was attentive, helpful and made great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014Great service, awesome food, and a place we were happy to happen upon on a quiet Saturday night. We just ordered drinks and several appetizers, but this was a perfect way to hit the highlights of the menu and get a feel for the place.Special Features:
- A treat after workNinaVIPDined on 8/1/2014I love this restaurant. My friends and I just stay at the bar and order bar foods, which are all tasty. We go for happy hour ... and beyond. Or sometimes, we just head straight to their restaurant. But the restaurant do not have happy hour drink prices.Special Features:
- JusnJorDined on 7/31/2014This was my first time using Open Table and eating at Sinigual. I went on a Thursday evening and the bar was crowded. The hostess sat my party right away and the waiter was good. However he did make a mistake with our drink order. He brought us three shots for our margaritas that we did not ask for. So he gave it to us as a complimentary shot. We liked that :-) . All in all the food was good and I would definitley go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014The food choices are amazing; table side prep of guacamole was a nice treat and absolutely delicious. Service was outstanding! I had lunch with a colleague I hadn't seen in some time, and the waiter left us alone - no pressure to order right away. But he checked on us regularly. Very relaxing. At one point, the music suddenly became louder near our table and it was difficult to converse. We asked the waiter to lower it. In a few minutes, the music went down and the manager came over to ask if the volume was better for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale MexicanRedmenaceDined on 7/28/2014The food is a higher quality at reasonable prices. The specials were exceptional. We went for a co-workers fare well, it's perfect for groups large and small. I have also been there at another time for happy hour. The specials at the bar are great, we made several small plate our dinner, enough to share for two. So enjoy.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereFoodienycDined on 7/24/2014Great spicy guacomale yummy. My steak was a little salty but it didn't take away from the overall meal. Would def come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedenjoysgoodfoodDined on 7/24/2014We ordered the guacamole, medium. The waiter came back and asked us to remind him how we ordered it. 10 minutes later, the person preparing it came to the table to ask how we ordered it. UGH! Service was very slow. My Lobster Quesadilla was barely warm and the dough was hardly cooked and the filling very sparse and did not taste like real lobster - quite fishy. The other entree, the sizzling frajita was not sizzling when it arrived at the table and consisted of only meat and some onions. Not what a frajita should be. Sadly the dining experience was extremely disappointing and I would not, and did not recommend it to my colleagues who were planning a private event at this restaurant.
- Great lunch in Midtown Eastalley71catDined on 7/18/2014Had lunch with work colleagues here. In an area packed with takeaway restaurants, delis and pubs it can be surprisingly tricky to find a suitable spot for this. The food and service were both really great. Highly recommend the chile relleno, a house specialty, though we all liked what we ordered. The interior is attractive overall (pretty star chandeliers throughout) but the carpet was badly worn/repaired with tape in areas, and looked in dire need of replacing. Aside from that, nothing negative to report and I will return without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!spdceoDined on 7/12/2014We were seated immediately and greeted immediately by our knowledgeable and friendly server. The table was serviced perfectly with lots of attention when it counts and lots of privacy in between. The food was delicious and full of flavor. On par with Rosa or Dos Caminos...but a nice departure from them. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Overall experience was pretty good. Food was good and drinks were done very well. Service, however, was a bit slow but not to the point of distraction. Seemed like a good value for NYC, pricing was very good. If your in the mood for Mexican or Tex-Mex I would certainly recommend you consider Sinigual.I would recommend this to a friend.