Sinigual - NY
640 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Sinigual - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinigualrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2122860250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Juan Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service, seven days a week to your home or office. Please contact Carlos Vargas for details.
A word from Sinigual - NY
Sinigual celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. Even the name itself is a fusion of words, meaning without equal, above the rest and unique. Sinigual artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palette of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At Sinigual, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And it's future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sinigual - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (62)great for lunch (53)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (31)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (13)romantic (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Worst Mexican in ManhattanGTownBoyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Have tried Sinigual twice now. Service has to be the worst in the city. Our waitress who was all smily when she introduced herself and took our order was never seen again except in passing throughout dinner. We ran out of water, tea and cocktails and she never returned to even ask if we needed anything. Dirty plates remained on the table. We would have liked more drinks or at least a water refill. She was a talker...to everyone who worked there but not to customers. She always lurked in the shadows but did not speak to customers once their order was taken. There was a good deal of chatting among the staff including some inappropriate racial comments we overheard about customers. Sandoval should be embarrassed for his staff's performance.
- Aug21st2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/20142nd time there, good for drinks, food lacking on flavor and expected better. :-(Special Features:
- Mexico we goNickVIPDined on 8/19/2014Made reservation for lunch. Hostess was quick with greeting us but did not find that warm welcoming from her. Food was good, great recommendations by Rodrigo. Just one thing, can you please lower the ringer volume on the hostess phone? Is very disrupting to guests when they are trying to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas!LLatPoHDined on 8/16/2014Seriously good -- I had the "skinny" one and you could not tell the difference from the "fat" one. Food was great, service was efficient and friendly if a little overly attentive .... Which is hardly a comment you hear these days! Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABOVE EXPECTATIONS!ClashinDined on 8/15/2014I took my lady for her 30th Birthday and I was nervous that the restaurant might not be as memorable. Boy was I wrong! Our server, Rodrigo, was magnificent! Best server I've ever encountered from any restaurant. The drink were very nice. Usually we feel places are a bit cheap on the liquor...not here. You tasted it with the first sip. Okay...now the food. AMAZING! So good. So so sooo good. We had the Chipotle Barbecue Ribs and the Carne Asada. Huge portions. The meat was cooked to perfection and the sides were crafted wonderfully. We want to go back again already - maybe for our UN-Birthdays next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suegeeDined on 8/14/2014Delicious food! Always fresh and wonderful mix of flavors and spices. Highly reccommend for lunch if you want to bring clients, or friends. Pretty interior as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYEDLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was my fist visit and I will be back. The food and service was very good and we were a group of 7.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The presentation, quality and taste of the food was excellent. It's an upscale Mexican restaurant but with some traditional dishes. With the exception of the price on the margeritas ($15) the rest on the menu is reasonable considering the quality.Special Features:
- Loved it!Nator21Dined on 8/11/2014Our table was ready when we got there (a couple of minutes before the reservation time). The waiter was super friendly and made sure he were OK. He suggested things that weren't on the menu, great guy! I was a little bit concerned about the timing but appetizers and main dishes all came pretty fast. We had to go back to the office for a meeting, but when we realized that we still had time, we even got dessert.Special Features:
- I wasn't feeling the food..GdotDined on 8/10/2014Guacomole was delicious as were chips. Other's food looked amazing but to the taste, I was not impressed. I love food; tastey food; but not here. Shrimp grilled was mushy and not flavorful, steak was ehh, duck dish (bits of duck only) and berries added in duck AND rice. Berries everywhere & not a noted ingredient on menu. Chipotle sauce tasted like bbq'd ketchup. Excellent cocktails yet too pricey considering food was an entire let down. Even deserts were ehh. Waiter was good but seemed to try selling everything as wonderfully delicious and the most expensive items too. It felt disingenuine. A server can sway one from a food item on menu without putting it down. Ask your guest what their palette enjoys and make a recommendation instead.
- Not BadCrazyangel519518VIPDined on 8/8/2014I came across this restaurant on open table while trying to decide where to go for dinner. The food was not bad, nothing to special about it just your typical Mexican food. The restaurant itself was nice, the service was also nice. It was a good meal, maybe not my top choice for Mexican restaurants in the city, but I would go again.Special Features:
- Went on a whimpmjedwardsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Good food, good service and reasonably priced. Getting all three in NYC can be a challenge.
- Wonderfully updated Mexican cuisineDuxMomDined on 8/8/2014Vibrant dining space and welcoming atmosphere! Fresh table side guacamole was delicious. (with your choice of heat levels). Warm flour tortillas served with fresh mexican cheese, salsa verda and spicy tomato salsa came to the table at our arrival. Perfect margaritas served with extra shots of tequila at our request. Our appetizers and entrees were fresh and expertly prepared. We finished with the chocolate flan! When in NYC again, we will be back. Our server Jose A was attentive, helpful and made great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014Great service, awesome food, and a place we were happy to happen upon on a quiet Saturday night. We just ordered drinks and several appetizers, but this was a perfect way to hit the highlights of the menu and get a feel for the place.Special Features:
- A treat after workNinaVIPDined on 8/1/2014I love this restaurant. My friends and I just stay at the bar and order bar foods, which are all tasty. We go for happy hour ... and beyond. Or sometimes, we just head straight to their restaurant. But the restaurant do not have happy hour drink prices.Special Features:
- JusnJorDined on 7/31/2014This was my first time using Open Table and eating at Sinigual. I went on a Thursday evening and the bar was crowded. The hostess sat my party right away and the waiter was good. However he did make a mistake with our drink order. He brought us three shots for our margaritas that we did not ask for. So he gave it to us as a complimentary shot. We liked that :-) . All in all the food was good and I would definitley go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014The food choices are amazing; table side prep of guacamole was a nice treat and absolutely delicious. Service was outstanding! I had lunch with a colleague I hadn't seen in some time, and the waiter left us alone - no pressure to order right away. But he checked on us regularly. Very relaxing. At one point, the music suddenly became louder near our table and it was difficult to converse. We asked the waiter to lower it. In a few minutes, the music went down and the manager came over to ask if the volume was better for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale MexicanRedmenaceDined on 7/28/2014The food is a higher quality at reasonable prices. The specials were exceptional. We went for a co-workers fare well, it's perfect for groups large and small. I have also been there at another time for happy hour. The specials at the bar are great, we made several small plate our dinner, enough to share for two. So enjoy.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereFoodienycDined on 7/24/2014Great spicy guacomale yummy. My steak was a little salty but it didn't take away from the overall meal. Would def come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedenjoysgoodfoodDined on 7/24/2014We ordered the guacamole, medium. The waiter came back and asked us to remind him how we ordered it. 10 minutes later, the person preparing it came to the table to ask how we ordered it. UGH! Service was very slow. My Lobster Quesadilla was barely warm and the dough was hardly cooked and the filling very sparse and did not taste like real lobster - quite fishy. The other entree, the sizzling frajita was not sizzling when it arrived at the table and consisted of only meat and some onions. Not what a frajita should be. Sadly the dining experience was extremely disappointing and I would not, and did not recommend it to my colleagues who were planning a private event at this restaurant.
- Great lunch in Midtown Eastalley71catDined on 7/18/2014Had lunch with work colleagues here. In an area packed with takeaway restaurants, delis and pubs it can be surprisingly tricky to find a suitable spot for this. The food and service were both really great. Highly recommend the chile relleno, a house specialty, though we all liked what we ordered. The interior is attractive overall (pretty star chandeliers throughout) but the carpet was badly worn/repaired with tape in areas, and looked in dire need of replacing. Aside from that, nothing negative to report and I will return without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!spdceoDined on 7/12/2014We were seated immediately and greeted immediately by our knowledgeable and friendly server. The table was serviced perfectly with lots of attention when it counts and lots of privacy in between. The food was delicious and full of flavor. On par with Rosa or Dos Caminos...but a nice departure from them. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Overall experience was pretty good. Food was good and drinks were done very well. Service, however, was a bit slow but not to the point of distraction. Seemed like a good value for NYC, pricing was very good. If your in the mood for Mexican or Tex-Mex I would certainly recommend you consider Sinigual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guacamole Lovers Take NoteDlee59VIPDined on 6/30/2014The table side preparation of guacamole is outstanding and perfect every time. The restaurant offers a great drink menu, both alcoholic and non. All dishes are prepared when ordered, arrive hot or cold, as appropriate, and service is prompt, especially during lunch. The homemade tortilla flats are delicious and are complimentary as a "bread basket" when you are seated. Well priced too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican deliciousWestportianVIPDined on 6/25/2014Other than the noise level, a great dining experience all around!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Good lunch food. We were sat by a booth near the kitchen and plates etc. a little noisy. My drink was also too small.Special Features:
- Great place for a birthday dinnerHungry22Dined on 6/21/2014We dined here as a party of 8 and were pleasantly surprised that, on a Saturday night, we could actually have a group conversation and hear one another. The restaurant is very spacious and the food and drinks were delicious! Recommendations: the raspberry margarita, the chicken taquitos, and the flan dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Too noisy. Food very spicy. Minimal choices for nonspicy food. I just had the salad with steak but the meat was so spicy I could barely eat it. Portions small as well. NO rice with dishes. Overall not a great excperience. I would not go back!
- DisappointedMunecaDined on 6/20/2014Costlier drinks than ordered were insistently recommended (we ordered them). Guacamole was awful: too lemony but otherwise tasteless. Entreé was so-so. Second time there, went again because first time I liked the food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Awesome time!! The food was great, the staff was excellent!!! I am going again!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be Back for MoreAlly4Dined on 6/11/2014I had a great experience at Sinigual as always. The table-side guacamole was prepared perfectly. The tortillas with salsa were on the table right away when we sat down. The drinks were really good as was the food we ordered. I also liked that I was entitled to a free birthday entree. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- First TimemarvVIPDined on 6/11/2014I was disappointed for the first time. The servers put all the focus on the larger tables and ignored our table of two. Every time we needed something we had to flag the server down.
- Thumbs up (mostly)jteeuuDined on 6/10/2014Very good food, a few notches above the standard Mexican fare. Beautiful presentation. Weakest point was the margarita. Tried two different ones ($27 total) both pretty awful. MUCH better margarita at the Irish pub a few blocks down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A limited menu that disappointedFoodhardyDined on 6/10/2014The ventilation wasn't working so nothing could b grilled. In a Mexican restaurant not to have fajitas or tacos or any grilled food is hugely disappointing. There were three items available on the menu - and salads. The guacamole was delightful and the servers were apologetic but the hostesses should have told me as I entered about the severely limited menu. In a situation like this, an effort should be made to give the patrons a discount of 10% to compensate for the entirely absurd lack of choice. The staff were helpful but the management should have made an extra effort.Special Features:
- Great guacamole!Lovenyc2VIPDined on 5/29/2014Margaritas were just ok. Too sweet even after I asked them to make it less sweet. The beef tacos were fatty. The side of rice, bean and corn was ok.Special Features:
- everyone loved itsammicatVIPDined on 5/28/2014I chose Sinigual for dinner with a group of 4 friends from out of town. They loved everything about it - food, atmosphere, service - and kept telling me what a great place it was! I always worry a little when I have to choose a place - it's hard to please everyone - but Sinigual was perfect and DID please everyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/28/2014I have enjoyed the restaurant and have gone multiple times. This last time was a disaster-the waiter was terrible, the food was different and did not taste like the description. Also the waiters kept taking away things from table and I hadnt finished eating. All in all, I may not go back. Very dissapointed.Special Features:
- very goodJETTVIPDined on 5/27/2014I had the shripm fajitas and freind had tortas...both were delishSpecial Features:
- Great for groupsOpenTableFanVIPDined on 5/22/2014This is my go-to place for group dinners since it is conveniently located near Grand Central and great for commuters and everybody ends up loving the food. The food never fails, portions are generous and the sangrias are great! Staff is very friendly and will accommodate any reasonable special requests. The one downside is that it does get really busy for dinner so you might have to wait a few minutes - even with a reservation but it is worth it.Special Features:
- Loud MusicFoodLoverDined on 5/20/2014Food was great, however, meeting with a former co-worker to catch-up here was not a good idea. If you want to just have good food with no talk, this place is ideal. To communicate, tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.