Williamsburg, NY 11222Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sindicatobrooklyn.com/
- Phone: 3474220727
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Angel Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for your catering needs.
A word from Sindicato
Sindicato offers authentic Mexican cuisine in a warm and inviting yet funky space. Our menu offers classic dishes like ceviche, carnitas and fish tacos. Come and enjoy excellent prepared cuisine, served by an attentive and welcoming staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sindicato reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great Mexican - not the standardGreenpointerVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food arrives on normal-sized plates rather than a huge platter filled with rice and beans like you find at a restaurant chain. This is more the "foodie" version, where enchiladas are a stack of small tortillas with layers of good stuff and the fish tacos are $1 during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Sindicato reviews archive.
- Kinda perfect.CallahandsomeDined on 4/10/2014My girlfriend and I went here for her birthday and we both had a wonderful time. The night before, we had gone to Shelter for my birthday (we're one day apart... i know, right?) and I was underwhelmed. Sindicato totally made up for my Williamsburg birthday dinner experience. The waiters were attentive, but not lingering, or pushy, the cocktails were delicious, and the food was just perfect. We were very happy to have found this place, and we plan on coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentrobboDined on 3/14/2014Took a colleague and a group of 10 from work. Had a great night and the food was brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute!SALPDined on 2/12/2014Always walked by it but never went in, I decided to try it out for my birthday. Wasn't sure about how it would turn out, I did not even look for reviews. And I made a super lucky pick! It was a great spot. And its totally on my list of awesome spots. There were 7 of us, it was perfect (not too loud, and not too quite). The service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Mercian feastOliviaDined on 1/25/2014Really liked this place. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect brunch with friendsLucyalmostDined on 1/5/2014I had a wonderful brunch with friends on a Sunday. There were six of us and we were able to reserve a table. No waiting on the street, no "we'll seat you when your whole party arrives." The server was friendly and very attentive and weren't crowded or rushed out. And the food! We all loved our dishes. I had the lamb tacos, which were perfect. Great chips and a nice salsa selection. Excellent coffee. I'd take a group there for brunch anytime (and that's not easy to find in NYC).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...but no reason to returnBryNycVIPDined on 1/3/2014I'm beginning to think that "high end" Mexican food...only means it costs more. This is good food, don't get me wrong...but it is trying too hard at times. $180 for drinks and three people for dinner is a bit steep...and I wish I could say it was worth it. Drinks were good, but not great. Atmosphere was nice except for the glaring light in the kitchen. Staff was "williamsburg" helpful...ehhhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for ceviche, stay for the wineBourgieTastesDined on 12/31/2013Always excellent, Sindicato was our Plan B for NYE, but should've been Plan A. The food's always delicious --including a consistently outstanding ceviche -- & the service attentive. And while my husband & I'd argue that they could lose the DJ spinning at the bar, the well-priced wine selection makes it easier for us to handle. Without the DJ, I'd say this is a great spot for romance or groups.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SunnyDined on 12/13/2013We love Mexican food, and this place is beyond delicious! Definitely exceeded our expectations! Service was on point, the cocktails were great and food was delicious. We will recommend Sindicato to our friends and definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and creative cocktailsvsmith513Dined on 12/13/2013Really enjoyed the food as well as the drinks. The service was a little slow but so was the restaurant so they weren't really jamming people in and out (which is a positive). I would definitely recommend the restaurant. It's a bit pricey, so if you're looking for good cheap Mexican food I would still go to Calexico around the corner, but if you feel like paying a little more for creativity Sindicato is where to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a nice mealGreenpointerVIPDined on 6/28/2013This restaurant is tucked to the side of a brightly-painted place called Lokal. Sindicato has great food, good service and is good value for the money spent.Special Features:
- Loved the interior of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013Loved the interior of the restaurant. Was disappointed with the miniscule amount of guacamole you get for $9. Food was decent but I felt it was over-priced.Special Features:
- Had no idea the food wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2013Had no idea the food would be this good. Very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Get the guac and Jalapeno-Basil margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Plates were TINY. Itty bitty. "guacamole" was one chip with a dribble of a green paste on it, in the center of a plate. Drinks were strong, but strange tasting. Wayyyy overpriced. 200 plus tip is a lot to leave hungry. Server was friendly, decor and atmosphere was good.Special Features:
- They gave us free margs atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013They gave us free margs at the end of the night to keep us around. I think they're trying to get the bar scene going after dinner wraps up. It was a fun place with a very friendly staff! I'd go back!Special Features:
- as noted in other reviews,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/20/2012as noted in other reviews, music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too loud. and hiphop!? umm ... really? also, fish tacos were a bit bland, pork soup was STELLAR, the lechon was good (was expecting a little bettter), and the corn cake dessert seemed lack luster. but again, music was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and too loud - and i am an ex-music business person!Special Features:
- a bit spendy, but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2012a bit spendy, but the food and drinks are fantastic
- I had a really nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012I had a really nice dinner with friends and the food was delicious.Special Features: