Sinclair - old
125, St-Paul Ouest,
Montreal, QC H2Y1Z5Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Sinclair - old
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantsinclair.com/
- Phone: 5142843332
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00 am - 10:00 am; Brunch: Sunday: 7;00 am - 3:00 pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Stelio Perombelon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit our website, www.restaurantsinclair.com, to view the various private rooms we have to offer.
A word from Sinclair - old
Reputed Chef Stelio Perombelon brings contemporary french cuisine menu to this new Old Montreal restaurant located in the Saint-Sulpice Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sinclair - old reviews from OpenTable diners
- Ordered wine and was out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/10/2012Ordered wine and was out of stock! The food was good and hot. Service was OK Was not a wow!Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerRRBCDined on 11/15/2012Magnificent food, incredible combination of flavours and texturesSpecial Features:
- Great tasting menu but wine flawsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2012We dined on a wednesday evening and it was very slow that night. The server said that earlier in the week is slow and the weekend is super busy. We had the tasting menu which was very good. The lamb and the desserts were superb. The pork dish with seafood was a very odd match and did not work for me. The wine pairing to go with the tasting menu was ordered but we canceled it after the first course. The pour is exceptionally small and the wine had been open from the previous night or nights and was thus oxidized. A normal by the glass pour is 5 glasses per bottle and they are cutting this in half and serving old wine. We ordered a bottle instead. They also do not have larger red wine glasses. The wine service was poorSpecial Features:
- Horrible Service!J333Dined on 11/10/2012I've never had a bad dining experience in Montreal, but this was by far the worst service ever! We waited almost 1 hour before our appetizers were served, the waitress never refilled our wine glasses, didn't ask if we wanted more wine once the bottle was empty, and was absent for the rest of the evening. The appetizers were all pretty good and the main was acceptable, but the meat was a little dry and some of the sauce was dry and stuck onto the plate. They never cleared our plates, didn't ask if we wanted coffee/dessert and the waitress was in the kitchen most of the time. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- The food was good and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012The food was good and interesting but the service was really slow.
- Wonderful find in Old MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012Wonderfully inspired menu - I found the restaurant through Open Table and decided to go with my sisters when the three of us met in Montreal. Set in the heart of old Montreal it has a wonderful contemporary setting in an historic location. We all had the tasting menu and it was an exceptional value - it just ended too soon. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fine foods and wines.Special Features:
- Outstanding service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2012A quiet but very good restaurant... Found one of the best service in Town seriously. Impeccable really... Food option was very good (i've had better) but the service experience was sooo outstanding THAT it made it an awesome diner. Ask for the sommelier's advice...Special Features:
- Our party of 12 were servedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Our party of 12 were served very good food all at the same time. Everyone enjoyed their entrees.Special Features:
- Thanks for the memories!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012My husband and I went to the restaurant for our anniversary. Everything was above our expectations. The food was so tasty and superbly displayed, we couldn't wait for the next course. We weren't rushed nor forgotten by the staff. Our waitress was so pleasant and helpful in our selection of the menu and the wine for dinner. We will definately come back again and gladdly recommend it to anyone! Thanks, Debbie DaviesSpecial Features:
- damning with faint praiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2012ok. probably do better in Montreal. good food indifferent service.Special Features:
- Nous avons prit le menu dégustationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Nous avons prit le menu dégustation avec accord des vins (95$ par personne avant taxes, tip et café). En somme, la nourriture et le service étaient ok. Toutefois, compte tenu du prix, on se serait attendu à plus. Le décor est très beau. Le service courtois, mais notre serveur manquait définitivement d'expérience. La présentation des plats était impeccable, les textures étaient bien agencées et l'on sentait une tentative de créer des plats originaux. Toutefois, les plats manquaient vraiment de saveur, étaient fades et après tout, c'est ça le principal non? Je ne recommande pas ce restaurant.
- Take the Menu Degustation!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Take the Menu Degustation! With the wine pairing! It was a wonderful discovery. And we are from Montreal! Well worth the money.Special Features:
- Grateful surpriseericawVIPDined on 7/13/2012Service was superb; the food, unforgettable; wine, perfect... Nothing much different to say! Reasonable prices for what you get. I'd definitely recommend to my dearest friends – and I’ll come back many, many times.Special Features:
- Très bonne table, la qualité,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2012Très bonne table, la qualité, la saveur et la présentation étaient au rendez-vous!Special Features:
- A beautiful private terraceFoodninjaDined on 6/16/2012A beautiful private terrace in old Montreal. Very good good, wine and service. Cin cin!Special Features:
- Service was very slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Service was very slow and indifferent (we didn't get our mains until 2 hours after we had arrived!) and when we got there they had run out of menus (despite the resto only being 2/3 full), so we had to wait at least 15 mins before we could even look at a menu. The food was good, but not outstanding and mine actually was only slightly warm when it came, it was like it had been plated 5 minutes before everyone else's. With so many resto choices in Montreal, noone in our group would go back to Sinclair.
- Très bon resto, déco trèsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012Très bon resto, déco très jolie, le service fut exceptionnel et le repas à la hauteur de mes attentes. Belle place à aller manger en amoureux...Nous avons adoré l'expérience de l'entrée au dessert ce fût parfait.
- We were very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012We were very pleased with the excellent service. Food was delicious as was the wine. I would certainly recommend the Sinclair to my friends. Hope to visit you soon again.Special Features:
- Horrible service. FoodFoodyVIPDined on 5/8/2012Horrible service. Food was okay - not great. I would give them a chance and go back, but service would need to improve a million percent. It feels like a hotel restaurant. Disappointing.
- party of 15OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012belle place, belle ambiance, service et nourriture correct.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch, et à bon prix!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/25/2012Deux visites sur l'heure du lunch. La formule à 20$ pour deux assiettes de tailles moyennes est merveilleuse. Chaque fois, les plats sont équilibrés les saveurs délicieuses. En plus, avec un menu qui change toutes les semaines, on ne se lasse pas!Special Features:
- They asked for reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012They asked for reservations when there was only one other person in the dining area.We had to go looking for the waiters to place our orderMenu card was stainedService was slow and not enthusiasticSteak was THOUGHThe poorest brunch buffett in town!
- Delicious food, nice conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Delicious food, nice concept - service a bit slow for lunch.Special Features:
- Très bonne table, la formulebenoitl33VIPDined on 4/10/2012Très bonne table, la formule à 20$ pour le lunch est généreuse, les plats sont très bien, vraiment, j'y retournerai. Hélàs, pas vu la liste de vins. J'ai hâte de voir la terrasse sur le toit, paraît-il.Special Features:
- Waited an hour to be served,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012Waited an hour to be served, while there was only 3 other tables full. We were not served at the same time. I had to wait for my plate to arrive, while my other 2 guests had already finished. It was empty even though it was Sunday morning.
- Incredible food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Amazing little restaurant! Easily one of the best meals my fiancee and I have ever had. As with any fine dining portion sizes are a little smaller than what you might be used to, but the the flavors and quality are beyond comparison. The kitchen is open and the staff are incredibly friendly and attentive. The duck is a must try, as are the deserts! We will be making a tradition of visiting whenever we're in Montreal.Special Features:
- Repas ordinaire. PrésentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Repas ordinaire. Présentation minimaliste. Offrir une terrine en plat principal aurait pu être audacieux mais l'expérience n'est pas très réussie. Les lentilles de mon invitée était luisante d'un corps gras non identifié et sa pièce d'agneau enroulée dans un filet de gras pas très esthétique. Les pétoncles ok mais sans plus. Le vin était bon, le café aussi. Beau resto mais plats ordinaires, au finalSpecial Features:
- A little boring but good,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/19/2012A little boring but good, though on the expensive side.
- Decided to try out SinclairOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/18/2012Decided to try out Sinclair with a group of friends. The menu looked delicious and the location was great. Unfortunately, the service ruined the experience for our party. Drinks arrived after we had been sitting for AN HOUR. The appetizers not until TWO HRS had passed and the server had rudely dismissed our questions as to what might be taking so long. At this point, patience was wearing thin...one of the members of our party was pregnant and pretty famished. She left to get a muffin at a corner shop. When food finally came, my parsley root soup was delicious. Those who ordered "salade" were not pleased, the presentation was essentially 5-7 large leaves, dressed and stacked. We left around 1145, half the group very hungry, all unhappy.
- Food was interesting but fade.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012Food was interesting but fade. We selected "Degustation" meal with wine and should've took a bottle. Ambiance was relaxe and music was lounge.Special Features:
- Menu dégustation avec accordOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2012Menu dégustation avec accord des vins très intéressant.Special Features:
- After being shown to our table,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012After being shown to our table, we waited 20 minutes before our waitress said so much as hello. It being Valentine's day, you would think that a glass of bubbles or an apero would be an easy sell, but there was no offer. After asking if we were ready to order, I asked for the wine list which we had not been given on arrival. Our waitress returned and told us that we were surely ready to order now. We ordered wine, our meal, and asked for water. She promptly went about other business, and it was 45 minutes after being seated that we got water, and only after asking a second time. We were never asked once if we enjoyed our meal (we didn't) and service was long and unprofessional. Insulting all around I left 8% tip, the first time ever..
- The chef, Stelio Perombelon,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012The chef, Stelio Perombelon, is one of the great Montreal Chefs. The Valentine Menu he prepared was a joy for the palate and the eyes and offered interesting combinations of flavors, enhanced by the choice of wines selected to match each dish.Special Features:
- Great food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012If you are looking for a tasting menu with wine pairing, the Sinclair is fantastic. Can wait to go back.Special Features:
- Small buffet (largely sitdownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2012Small buffet (largely sitdown meal)lacking bacon and sausages.The pan fried potatoes would have been so good except they had far too much salt. We enjoyed our meal and will return.Special Features:
- A spectacular menu and interior,ackelbeinVIPDined on 12/31/2011A spectacular menu and interior, but the service was lack luster.Special Features: