Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinbadsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (415) 781-2555
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 10:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jack Yip
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do banquets of up to 250 guests.
- Special Events: Open every holiday including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve.
A word from Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant
For more than 35 years, Sinbad's has been a San Francisco landmark and considered the most scenic waterfront restaurant in the bay area. Perched upon the bay next to the historic Ferry Building conveniently located at the foot of Market Street, Sinbad's offers fantastic vistas of Treasure Island and the Bay Bridge.Day or night, it is truly one of San Francisco's most romantic and enchanting views where mighty liners and salty tugs drift by your table to make your dining experience memorable. We have the finest and freshest seafood and wine selections at reasonable prices. Both our outdoor dining and banquet rooms also offer a spectacular view of the bay. The view is so "picture perfect", it is good enough to be a backdrop for weddings and parties.Continued
Sinbad's is a "must visit" restaurant in San Francisco.
Sinbad's is a "must visit" restaurant in San Francisco.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (38)romantic (17)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great View, Food Poor!DIGBYDined on 11/10/2014Sinbad's has a great location and reasonable valet parking and a friendly staff, but the food NEEDS improvement. Stick with salads. Even the fish ands chips were very poorly done. The interior really needs a redo. It looks tired.Special Features:
- Tired and OldDukeVIPDined on 11/9/2014The view is the best thing about this restaurant. What a shame to let such a great location go to waste. The décor is dated. The food is just okay, but that's what I'd say about a Denny's. This place needs a major makeover, or someone needs to buy it, gut it, and put something good in there.Special Features:
- Old smelly dining roomConosseurVIPDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant is in the excellent location with spectacular views. The food is fresh, prepared in advance and heated up upon ordering. a bit of a tourist trap mostly due to location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014Very scenic restaurant. I liked their blackened salmon, the portion was big and the fish was fresh and moist. My friend had rib-eye steak; it was tender, juicy and cooked perfectly the way he liked it. We did not have room for dessert anymore, we were so full. But the best part of the meal was the awesome view, I don't think there is any other restaurant along the waterfront that has this kind of view at Sinbad's.Special Features:
- Old school dive!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Desperately in need of updating, both the decor and the food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014This restaurant became one of my favorites in the bay area especially when the Bay Bridge was lighted starting last year. Aside from the gorgeous view, their seafood are also fresh and delicious and their valet parking is cheap. The beef and seafood brochette, grilled snapper and seafood pasta are some of our favorites in the menu. My husband is crazy with their lobster thermidor, it is the best, but the portion is just enough for one person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014We brought our out of town guests here for dinner. They were mesmerized with the beautiful view of the bay bridge with all its lights of changing patterns. The entrees were very good and the desserts with fresh brewed coffee were excellent. They said it was one of a kind dining experience. I was glad.Special Features:
- Amazing View HeregoldenheartDined on 10/15/2014We were all happy with our cheeseburgers and grilled sea bass; delicious and fresh. We loved most of all the amazing bridge lights display seen from our table. It made our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Always GreatPebbleBeachDined on 10/11/2014Been here before. Food and service are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated but awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The inside and outside of the restaurant are dated but the view is AWESOME. There was a variety of choices from the menu and the server offered some recommendations namely captain seafood combination, salmon florentine and pacific snapper. We ordered the first two recommendations and we did not regret. They were very tasty and you could easily tell the seafoods were fresh. My teenaged daughter ordered fish and chips, she liked it, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome View!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We've been here before and we liked it. So when some out of town guests came, we brought them here and they were impressed. They said the view of the Bay Bridge lights with its changing patterns, was awesome and one of a kind. They ate all their food, so I assume, they liked them, too.Special Features:
- Our kinda place.eatndrinkDined on 9/27/2014While Sinbad's may be a little weathered, it presents its character in a manner that appeals to us. The staff always treat us with exceptional kindness and are attentive to our needs or special requests. We have eaten various items from the menu and have not been disappointed, not even once. We usually have an early dinner; however, this trip we discovered Sinbad's serves a brunch too. Next trip we plan to start our day with our friends at Sinbad's.Special Features:
- Great view butOldDogDined on 9/21/2014There is a great view of the Bay Bridge but the food is, at best, only okay. Our fish dishes were over cooked and tough. I ordered a dry rose wine and had to hold my glass in my ands to get it to warm up enough to be drinkable.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 9/17/2014I came early so I first sat at the bar sipping my favorite wine and looking at the lights in the bridge. I loved it! The calamari appetizer is a perfect partner for my drink. When my friends came, we transferred to the dining area and enjoyed the lights direct from our table. We all ordered steak , it was delicious and the portion was big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated but with a ViewDeliciosoDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant looks so dated inside and outside. But the bayview is stunning! The food was good: the cheeseburger was the best I've ever tasted, big, juicy and cooked perfectly; the seafood pasta was tasty but way too much pasta put in the plate; the chocolate cake was heavenly, moist and so delectable. Service was bit slow, valet parking was cheap. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Falls ShortDPH6Dined on 9/13/2014I took my wife to Sinbad's for her 55th birthday. Table was nice (good view of Bay Bridge), and service was pretty good, but my meal (Linguine and clams) was very salty and paltry for being a seafood place. There were only 6 microscopic clams in my dish, and I needed plenty of water since the dish was so salty. The waiter did not even bother to bring a bowl for the few clam shells I discarded. I guess he figured it was not required since there were so few! My wife ordered the Crab & Shrimp salad and it appeared nice. My wife stated it was good. I used Open Table for making the reservation and stated we were celebrating my wife's birthday. No mention of her birthday was noted by the host or waiter. Poor service!Special Features:
- Sinbad's San FrancsiscoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant is in a fabulous location, but it needs a complete makeover. When I walked up I almost turned and left. The outside of the building shows its age, and inside isn't much better. Very pleasant staff, from the host station to the wait staff. This is a very old establishment in need of renovation throughout. The menu also needs to be revamped. The seafood dish I had was just barely passable. I would not go back until or unless they do a complete overhaul. The view is fantastic, and I think what keeps this place alive.Special Features:
- Ug. What a Waste...JavierDined on 8/28/2014It was simply terrible. The place looks like it hasn't been cleaned or cared for since 1982. Carpets were gross. The view of the bridge was spoiled by the filthy windows and dead flowers just outside. Food was marginal at best. Virtually every other option in San Francisco would have been a better choice. I was embarrassed that I took a woman there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Nice view, but food wasn't great. I am sure this is a great place for drinks and appetizers, but their main dishes weren't anything special for the price we paid.Special Features:
- SeafoodloverDined on 8/26/2014Food and view were very good, but building and inside look dingy and old. So if you're not so particular about new and nice-looking restaurants, this is the place for you. The view though is really amazing, especially the lights in the bridge. A good spot to bring out of town visitors for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheMavenTheMavenDined on 8/16/2014Great view. Good service reasonably priced. Food mediocre to good. Not a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- fillingDined on 8/15/2014Glad we were seated at their outside patio. It was nice out there with the sun and the breeze... and with our cold drinks, it was fantastic! The corner table was the best spot in the patio where there is unobstructed view of the bay and the bridge. The calamari appetizer was delicious, the seafood pasta tasted good (but they put too much noodle in it) and the clubhouse sandwich, which comes with fruits, was excellent. We enjoyed all our bar drinks, too. The server was busy, she had many tables. So service was bit slow but we were not in a hurry, so it was just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodcartDined on 8/14/2014Their chicken fettuccine was very delicious and the portion was big. Had to share it with my friend. We also ordered grilled sea bass, a best seller and we were not disappointed. It was fresh and so good, but the portion was just enough for one. Last but not least, this place has the best view of the bay and the bay bridge, especially on a clear day. Overall, we were so happy with our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014It could have been a perfect dining experience had the service been faster. Food was excellent (Grilled/Blackened Salmon and Ribeye steak); dessert (chocolate cake with ice cream) was unbelievably delicious; view (lighted bridge) - was gorgeous. BUT our server had too many tables, server was bit slow (although tolerable). My guest was very happy, so that's all that matters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodTripperDined on 8/13/2014The grilled seabass was outstanding. Fresh, moist and tasty- perfect seafood for me. The bay bridge was spectacular scene from our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We first sat at the bar facing the Bay Bridge with its lights. It was just amazing! Dinner at the main dining with the view from our table was a spectacular experience. Food and drinks were good. Valet service was outstanding and cheap. We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Starring the Bay Bridge lightsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Host and wait staff are always pleasant and efficient. Food is expensive for what it is, but we are really there for the view. Fried prawns were a hit with our visitor from the midwest. Fried calamari was good. Filet mignon with baked potato and sauteed vegetables was good. Brochette of prawns, scallops, and filet mignon was good. We'll be back soon with our next set of tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View of Bay bridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Sinbad's has been there for 30 years and it tends to show it. Food was good. View was great. Service was pretty good. Everyone was very friendly. We would most likely go to another restaurant rather than try Sinbad's again.Special Features:
- Good nothing greatElyssaADined on 7/31/2014We had a great view for our group right by the bay. The food was good but it took a bit longer than expected to get our check, even after saying we had another reservation after. Can't complain though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 599 reviews are from the Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great location!hbfam14VIPDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant is dated and tired. Very old school. That said, view and outdoor patio make it nice. Food mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view...and that's about itGhostOfDavidAdkinsDined on 7/25/2014Sinbad's is in major need of an overhaul, inside and out. Decor is drab and tacky. Outside areas especially in need of lots of deferred maintenance. Beer list is awful, and nothing is on tap. Food quality is at best average, but I guess you could say it's reasonably priced for what it is.Special Features:
- Great Food and Viewgourmet2manDined on 7/20/2014Old and dingy BUT food was great. Calamari, deep fried prawns, grilled seabass- ALL delicious. The view was awesome. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishloverDined on 7/20/2014Don't believe the Yelp reviews!! I found this restaurant good in everything except for its being old and worn-out. I can't complain about food, view, service and parking. Everything was satisfactory. No issues, whatsoever. But if you're looking for a new and modern-looking restaurant, then this is not for you. Everyone in our group was happy with their food and the view. Valet parking was cheap, too. A nice place to enjoy the bridge lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Choice2foodieDined on 7/17/2014Place is old and food was not good. Location and view of the bridge are nice but no ambience.
- in need of a makeoverAnitaDined on 7/15/2014Very dated décor, bordering on dirty. Food was very mediocre. This restaurant is in a prime location. Too bad they haven't been able to update it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014We so love the ambiance of this place, old-looking yet charming and romantic. The baybridge at night is so delightful with its lights of different patterns and designs. I think the view is the best feature of this restaurant. Don't get me wrong, the food and service are awesome, too. We got hooked on their calamari appetizer, we had to reorder after the first serving. They also have a wide selection of wines and desserts, which to me, are essential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredaDined on 7/14/2014Decor was outdated and the building looked old. But the view from our table was fantastic. The food was good, too. Everybody enjoyed what they ordered. Noteworthy to mention was their old-fashioned chocolate cake with ice cream on the side, probably the best we've ever tasted. Valet parking was cheap. Certainly, we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seabass is a winner!TastyDined on 7/13/2014Not my first time in this restaurant, I always like it here. The food is great and the view is the best. My all time favorite is their grilled snapper, really tasty. Although I do not consider myself a "fish" person, this one is an exception. The last time I was at Sinbad's, the server said that they have a new dish equally, if not better than the snapper- the grilled seabass. So, I tried it and true enough, it was more delicious than my favorite snapper. The view was gorgeous as usual, the bridge lights amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDaveDined on 7/13/2014My second time to be in this restaurant but I thought my first time was better. Why? I did not like the service because, it took a while for the food to arrive. It may be understandable though because they were busy that evening. But the food was excellent as usual. The clam fettucini and cheeseburger were really tasty.Special Features:
- The Crab Louie wasn't greatsdmargoVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Crab Louie was made with frozen crab and the rest of the salad sparse. They only have one half of hard boiled egg. The Old Fashioned Chocolate cake was fabulous. It was like eating a box of See's candy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.