Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinbadsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4157812555
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 10:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jack Yip
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do banquets of up to 250 guests.
- Special Events: Open every holiday including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve.
A word from Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant
For more than 35 years, Sinbad's has been a San Francisco landmark and considered the most scenic waterfront restaurant in the bay area. Perched upon the bay next to the historic Ferry Building conveniently located at the foot of Market Street, Sinbad's offers fantastic vistas of Treasure Island and the Bay Bridge.Day or night, it is truly one of San Francisco's most romantic and enchanting views where mighty liners and salty tugs drift by your table to make your dining experience memorable. We have the finest and freshest seafood and wine selections at reasonable prices. Both our outdoor dining and banquet rooms also offer a spectacular view of the bay. The view is so "picture perfect", it is good enough to be a backdrop for weddings and parties.Continued
Sinbad's is a "must visit" restaurant in San Francisco.
Sinbad's is a "must visit" restaurant in San Francisco.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Sinbad's Pier II Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (53)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (8)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- TheMavenTheMavenDined on 8/16/2014Great view. Good service reasonably priced. Food mediocre to good. Not a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- Starring the Bay Bridge lightsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Host and wait staff are always pleasant and efficient. Food is expensive for what it is, but we are really there for the view. Fried prawns were a hit with our visitor from the midwest. Fried calamari was good. Filet mignon with baked potato and sauteed vegetables was good. Brochette of prawns, scallops, and filet mignon was good. We'll be back soon with our next set of tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View of Bay bridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Sinbad's has been there for 30 years and it tends to show it. Food was good. View was great. Service was pretty good. Everyone was very friendly. We would most likely go to another restaurant rather than try Sinbad's again.Special Features:
- Good nothing greatElyssaADined on 7/31/2014We had a great view for our group right by the bay. The food was good but it took a bit longer than expected to get our check, even after saying we had another reservation after. Can't complain though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location!hbfam14VIPDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant is dated and tired. Very old school. That said, view and outdoor patio make it nice. Food mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view...and that's about itGhostOfDavidAdkinsDined on 7/25/2014Sinbad's is in major need of an overhaul, inside and out. Decor is drab and tacky. Outside areas especially in need of lots of deferred maintenance. Beer list is awful, and nothing is on tap. Food quality is at best average, but I guess you could say it's reasonably priced for what it is.Special Features:
- Great Food and Viewgourmet2manDined on 7/20/2014Old and dingy BUT food was great. Calamari, deep fried prawns, grilled seabass- ALL delicious. The view was awesome. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Choice2foodieDined on 7/17/2014Place is old and food was not good. Location and view of the bridge are nice but no ambience.
- in need of a makeoverAnitaDined on 7/15/2014Very dated décor, bordering on dirty. Food was very mediocre. This restaurant is in a prime location. Too bad they haven't been able to update it.
- FredaDined on 7/14/2014Decor was outdated and the building looked old. But the view from our table was fantastic. The food was good, too. Everybody enjoyed what they ordered. Noteworthy to mention was their old-fashioned chocolate cake with ice cream on the side, probably the best we've ever tasted. Valet parking was cheap. Certainly, we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seabass is a winner!TastyDined on 7/13/2014Not my first time in this restaurant, I always like it here. The food is great and the view is the best. My all time favorite is their grilled snapper, really tasty. Although I do not consider myself a "fish" person, this one is an exception. The last time I was at Sinbad's, the server said that they have a new dish equally, if not better than the snapper- the grilled seabass. So, I tried it and true enough, it was more delicious than my favorite snapper. The view was gorgeous as usual, the bridge lights amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDaveDined on 7/13/2014My second time to be in this restaurant but I thought my first time was better. Why? I did not like the service because, it took a while for the food to arrive. It may be understandable though because they were busy that evening. But the food was excellent as usual. The clam fettucini and cheeseburger were really tasty.Special Features:
- The Crab Louie wasn't greatsdmargoVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Crab Louie was made with frozen crab and the rest of the salad sparse. They only have one half of hard boiled egg. The Old Fashioned Chocolate cake was fabulous. It was like eating a box of See's candy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1970?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Poorly kept up, uninspired menu, uninspired preparation and presentation. Very nostalgic - reminded me of a restaurant I might have gone to for a prom date - in 1970... There are several fine restaurants on the Embarcadero. Sinbad's is not one of them, sadly.
- Sinbad's is not all that bad.TheBigHausDined on 7/11/2014Sinbad's is a nice place to have a good cocktail and a bite to eat, yet its in dire need of a makeover. It very old school classic waterfront bar-restaurant, yet I couldn't help feel that I walked into a time warp. Needless to say, the view of the lights on the bay bridge was spectacular, my husbands steak was delicious, but my seafood pasta tasted too much like tomato paste rather than a wine red sauce (which I hoped it would taste like). We definitely would go back for the calamari and drinks. Overall Sinbad's is not that bad, but it could use a facelift.Special Features:
- DisappointedHannahDined on 7/6/2014I'll start off by saying the view is fantastic and theservice was great. The restaurant is older and has character. The food left much to be desired. The bread they brought to the table tasted store bought. I had the farmer salad which would have been decent if it weren't $18. It came on a bed of iceberg lettuce with minimal effort on the extras. I could easily make this salad at home.Special Features:
- Dusty and dingy.URwhatUeatDined on 7/5/2014They lost our open table Rez and then cancelled it via email afterward and were very rude about not having our Rez... and if appearances are any predictor of quality I'm so glad we didn't eat there and break our streak of amazing foodie experiences through our use of the yelp-open table tool.Special Features:
- What's the problem.eatndrinkDined on 6/29/2014We came across Sinbad's on our why to a Giants game and thought to give it a try and we've returned. Yes, the facility is somewhat dated. However, ever hear of character; and, on the waterfront to boot? Our experiences have been enjoyable, we've always been greeted with kindness and a smile, quickly seated, and served good food and drinks. While others may feel this facility not worth the trouble, we will continue to return and enjoy the view, staff, food, and drinks; hopefully, for a long time to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4-star! 5-star!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Sinbad's, but I only give it a 4-star rating. Let me start with the fried clam appetizer, it was so good. The coating was just enough and the cocktail sauce was perfect. Then we had as entrees: seafood pasta, fried prawns, cheeseburger and shrimp sandwich. We all loved our entrees except for the shrimp sandwich which my friend did not like as much as we did with ours. For our drink, we all had iced tea and got our first refill, but our server got busy with other tables, she did not refill our drink anymore. Lastly, the view of the bay was just so charming, indeed a 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak LoverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The restaurant is famous for its seafood but since I am not a fish person, I ordered steak instead. I was surprised how good their ribeye steak was. It was tender, thick and big and for the price of $33.00 it was SO WORTH it. I ate the whole steak and it filled me up, I did not have any room even for a bite of dessert my wife was having.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old but Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The restaurant itself was old but nice; has some charms in it. Most importantly, the view was incredible! The bridge lights were so delightful, the patterns change every now and then. We were all satisfied with our food, we thought they were all excellent. My seabass was very delicious, fresh and moist. My son liked his seafood pasta and the portion was large, too. I will come back.Special Features:
- Amazing View and Delicious FoodlikestoeatDined on 6/26/2014Don't be deceived by appearance because this restaurant looked so dated but the view from your table was oh so amazing. I love its character and the food was really good. Our old-time favorite was their clam chowder which usually comes with crackers. But ask your server to give you sourdough bread instead of crackers and you dip the bread in the chowder. It's soo yummy. Our other favorites are the grilled snapper and chicken fettucini. I've tried their shrimp melt, it was not my type, so don't order this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Very nice patio for some drinks and appetizers on a hot and sunny but breezy day by the bay. The boats sailing by were so fun to watch. So far, this is the best place in San Francisco to hang out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Of you love old school waterfront..AndyWilliamsVIPDined on 6/26/2014Restaurants, then you will love Sinbad's. It doesn't get much better than this. I've never taken anyone there who didn't say wow this place is really great. Hip and sheeshy it isn't, which is perfect. Step back in time and be prepared for a warm hello and a smile - the menu is traditional as well. So bring friends who appreciate things the way they used to be, like Tony Bennett songs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/20145-star for the view and food, 4-star for the service. The view from our table was fantastic. I've been here before, but the view now with the LED lights was just amazing. This is a good tourist attraction for San Francisco. My daughter enjoyed taking pictures of the background. Their seafood pasta was delicious and came in large portion. I liked their free sourdough bread, too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014The food was very good and the view gorgeous. But I only give it a four star because the service was bit slow. They were busy at that time, they could have assigned more servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trapEMBOSVIPDined on 6/25/2014Terrible food. Nothing fresh about it. Could have found better fish in a diner in the middle of the country. Have no idea how any of the reviewers could have considered this good. Sauces on the food seemed like they were prepared the week before and reheated. Didn't see a single fresh green item anywhere. Decor was tired and run down. Booths looked like they got them as scrap from an IHOP that was being renovated. On the positives, the view is outstanding and our server was helpful and friendly. Unfortunately the food quality ruined the evening. Found several much better choices in the area, don't waste your time here. Owner really needs to invest in the place or sell it. Could be a gold mine if the food was on par with the view.
- Client AppetizerLoveSFDined on 6/23/2014I took my clients here and it was a very nice dining experience right by the water. Great view and nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014Enjoyable lunch with a clear view of the bay and the sailboats passing by. What a unique dining experience! And I highly recommend their thick, juicy cheeseburger and fresh, moist salmon florentine. We also enjoyed very much their apple pie a la mode; if you order this, don't forget to tell your server to warm the pie. It makes the pie taste a lot better in combination with the vanilla ice cream that comes with it. But the view was the winner of them all!Special Features:
- Sea and SunOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014They gave us an outside seating at their patio, exactly what we were looking for on a hot sunny afternoon. It was sunny but breezy and the view of the bay was so gorgeous. My friend and I had 2 cold drinks each, they were so refreshing that we wanted to order our 3rd. But instead, we decided to order lunch. My scallops were tasty and perfect, they were big and juicy. My friend had a shrimp open-faced sandwich, but he was not so impressed with it. I tasted it and yes, I was glad I had scallops!!LOLSpecial Features:
- Father's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is prime location, it could have so much potential! Unfortunately the wait staff was tired or bored and the food was awful. I had the calamari steak and it was rubbery. The only thing this restaurant has going for it, is the gorgeous view.
- Time for a ReHabSincerelyDined on 6/7/2014Sinbads is a venerable, old "under the (Bay) bridge" bar and eatery. Ownership has let their "bet ride" on the existing conditions there in every category FOR FAR TOO LONG. It is unchanged in my 50 years in town. It is time for a total strip-down and redo, from the menu to the carpeting. It is a shame to let such a choice location go moldy. PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO TOTALLY REDO Sinbads.Special Features:
- Bon AppetitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014I was surprised they make delicious pasta- chicken fettucini. The portion was large with lots of chicken and the pasta was perfectly cooked, al dente, just like how we Italians prefer. But the most amazing part was the view of the lights in the bridge, we have not seen something like that anywhere else. The restaurant though looked shabby, but food and view were very good.Special Features:
- JoanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Not the fancy typre restaurant but their food is delicious and the view gorgeous. For a party of 3 at lunch that included 3 entrees, 2 desserts and 2 drinks for $84 (plus tax,plus tip) was not bad at all. My guests and I enjoyed the food and the view.Special Features:
- The food was terrible and tastelesBrianLDined on 5/30/2014We won't be back - not a fan of cold clam chowder and stale bread - the main meals were over cooked.Special Features:
- NicebigmacDined on 5/21/2014I gave it a 4 star. The food was great, view was wonderful but the dining room was old although with some charm in it. I find their prices reasonable. I would recommend the restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- Nice TimeDinerDined on 5/21/2014We almost cancelled our reservation because of the bad reviews we read from Yelp. Glad we did not do it but dined there as planned. We made the right decision.The building was a downer at first. But everything else was very good,food,view,service.The blackened salmon,grilled snapper and calamari appetizer were winners.You can tell the fish and squid were fresh.While the open-faced shrimp sandwich was tasty, it fell short of my daughter's expectation.But their chocolate cake with ice cream on the side was very delicious,moist & chocolatey. Our server was fast and friendly. The light show in the bay bridge was astonishing; everyone enjoyed it and could not stop talking about it even when we got home. We had a nice time and that what matters.Special Features:
- BubblyfudluverDined on 5/20/2014Had lunch here. Very scenic at day but was told that evening view of the bridge with its LED lights is much better. Well, I have a reason to come back for dinner and check it out. By the way, their grilled seabass was excellent and the lobster thermidore was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarrestauranthopperDined on 5/20/2014I like to hang out in their bar especially at night, have a few drinks and some appetizers (my favorite is the calamari). From the bar, I can see the nice bridge lights with different changing patterns. It is very unique and beautiful. They said this is considered the biggest light sculpture having more lights than the Eiffel Tower.Special Features:
- Beautiful View!!!BigAppetiteDined on 5/19/2014First-the view was beautiful, second-the lobster thermidore was to die for (although bit pricey) and third- valet parking was cheap. However, the place looked dilapidated and old, but that was the least of our concern. Definitely, we will dine again.Special Features: