Simply Thai - Middletown
12003 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, KY 40243Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Simply Thai - Middletown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.simplythaiky.com/
- Phone: (502) 690-8344
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Executive Chef: Jeff Saing
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Simply Thai - Middletown
Simply Thai in Middletown is the second location owned by the Saing family. We are a local small business offering authentic Thai cuisine and sushi. We have a spice scale of zero to five, zero being mild and five being Thai spicy. Our dishes are made-to-order making it fresh and easy to make vegetarian, vegan and/or gluten-free. We are kid-friendly and excited to serve you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Simply Thai - Middletown reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- SadDinerDined on 9/18/2014First experience at new location. Food was as awesome as last location, but service was terrible. We waited over 15 for drinks (all but one of use had water), 50 minutes for our apps - granted there was a 20 top that came in at around the same time - but that is really no excuse; we should have been contacted when a reservation for 8 and one for 20 was made for the same time to ask if we wanted to reschedule since the kitchen could obviously not handle the load.
- FlavorfulJenniferDined on 9/5/2014Every time my family enjoys a meal at Simply Thai, I am amazed at how flavorful the food is. There are so many interesting and delicious entrees from which to choose that I have a very hard time deciding what to get. I highly recommend the eggplant and the green curry.Special Features:
- Simply Thai - MiddletownLincDined on 8/29/2014My Mother, wife and I dined at Simply Thai in Middletown, KY last Friday evening. It was the first time for us but it will not be the last time. We each ordered different dishes and then sampled each others. All three were equally well prepared and tasty. They offer a spice level of zero to five. My wife and I both like it spicy but ordered the level one spice. It was perfect for us. The meals were well prepared, nice to look at and very flavorful. The cost is very reasonable.Special Features:
- Not as good as Original locationU2FoodieDined on 8/22/2014The St. Matthews location has always been my favorite Thai location in town. We tried the Middletown location due to convenience, however, the staff was not as attentive, one cursed in front of my two children, the ventilation system is extremely loud, and food was average. I love the original location and will continue to frequent it but will not return to Middletown
- Good food poor service1foodloverDined on 8/12/2014Food was very good. Sushi was presented well and flavorful. The Thai dish was authentic as i have spent a good deal of time in Thailand on business so I had something to compare to. Service was not great. Server had no clue of what was Thai and ingredients. Could not answer questions about Thai beers or other spirit's on menu. Not a lot of attention paid to us. Prices were high compared to value. charged for extra salad dressing??? I likely won't be back.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Simply Thai - Middletown reviews archive.
- Great Food / Service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We've eaten here before and always had great food and service is usually ok. We took my parents for their first time. It took 15 minutes just to place our order. Took another 50 minutes to get our food. The whole time we were there, we never got a refill without having to ask for it first. The waitress apologized several times saying they were busy but it did not seem any more busy than other times we've been. My parents said the food was very good but they were not sure if they would come back again based on the service. I would say we'll avoid going again on a Friday night at 7pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!FatnHappyDined on 5/23/2014We have been there before, but recently ran into some new friends who were looking for good Thai food. We told them about your place, and then invited them out. I was a little nervous, because I am no expert judge of Thai food, but I know good food when I eat it. They dove right in and loved it! We look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ccasparDined on 4/18/2014My wife and I had the Thai Spring Rolls and the Chicken Pad Thai. Everything was very good and fresh. Great flavor and generous portions.Special Features:
- Rude Wait Staff - Good food.FudgebrownDined on 4/12/2014Very rude wait staff. Greeters play with their phones, act as if they are doing you a favor. Servers ask you to leave at close. We went in 45 minutes before close. Our server asked us to move to a different table so they could vacuum because "we'll be closed soon." "Well, you've got about 15 minutes I guess. Oh and we actually stop seating at 10:15."Special Features:
- Review of Simply ThaiFoodieDined on 3/29/2014Usually, I do not venture for fear that I will not like new food. The service and the food at Simply Thai was amazing! I got the Curry Salmon and my friend got a dish with noodles. The service and friendliness was amazing. The food was wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!JoshDined on 3/26/2014I took a lovely girl on our first date at 5:30 on a weekday. The lighting warm, decor well-done, tables well spaced, and noise level very reasonable. We both ordered Pad Thai and thoroughly enjoyed it. Moreover, the portions were generous enough that we each had leftovers to take home. The service was not 5 star, but very sufficient. In all, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Will recommend to friends in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Louisville?lrwilliams1Dined on 3/21/2014Recommended by hotel as the best in Louisville. My group of four people didn't find the food to live up to this description in quality of food. Definitely a neighborhood-style place, low key, not a lot of decoration, tucked about a 15 minute cab ride from downtown hotel. Open Table reservation did not show up on their system; said they had problems with the reservation system...but they had room for us with no waiting.
- Great food, service not so muchYankeesVIPDined on 2/11/2014The food is very good, be prepared to wait for 25-30 minutes for your dish but it is very good and worth the wait. The staff moves at a snails pace, they never seem to come back and check on drinks while you are waiting on your order. Been their twice and the hostess seems more interested in texting and looking at her iPhone than her job. Too bad, the food is amazing but this will be down on my list of choices due to the other issues.Special Features:
- Love Simply Thai!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014This was our second time to Simply Thai and it does not disappoint. The food is amazing! We split a delicious sushi roll and enjoyed Pad Thai and the Chicken Fried Rice loaded with vegies. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/17/2014Good was great - chicken pad Thai and shrimp curry. Server (James) provided excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousAmberDined on 1/3/2014I always love Simply Thai. I usually visit the St Matthews location, but they were so busy, I decided to try the Middletown location for the first time. It was just as delicious. The server was attentive. The tom yum soup will change your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.