Simply Fondue - Mission Viejo
28719 Los Alisos Blvd.
Mission Viejo, CA 92692Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
Simply Fondue - Mission Viejo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simplyfondueoc.com/
- Phone: 9497075200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Privacy available for 10-20 people in a separate area.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie Ray 9497075200
- Entertainment: Live Music on Selected Friday and Saturday Evenings
- Special Events: NOW Accepting Resevations for OC Restaurant Week.
A word from Simply Fondue - Mission Viejo
From fresh cuts of beef, chicken & seafood to a vast array of imported cheeses & chocolates, we offer the best of classical fondue with favorites that fit within anyone's budget. Experience the difference with over 100 designer martini's, award winning wines, homemade crepes and exceptional fondue!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Simply Fondue - Mission Viejo reviews from OpenTable diners
- great date nightangelsrockDined on 5/4/2013My boyfriend and I had a great date night here. The food is great, and our server Sean was quite wonderful. I can't wait to go again. Only set back was the music. They had live music but it was a little too loud to talk comfortably at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some enchanted eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2013Have ret;urned here several times and find the service genujinely friendly and love the self cooking and the chocolate dessert fondue is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so delicious!! :)katethegreatDined on 5/1/2013Chris was our service & he did a fabulous job giving us the experience you expect when going to such a nice restaurant! We will definetly be going back soon! :)Special Features:
- I stayed here for hours onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2013I stayed here for hours on end, no one rushed my group. It was a lot of fun taking our time eating the four course meal. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always love this place everytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2013I always love this place everytime I come! Had an awesome server named Sean! :)Special Features:
- This is my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013This is my favorite place for dinner with my husband! It's also great for casual drinks, appetizers and music!Special Features:
- Simply FondueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Simply Fondue has wonderful food and is a fantastic experience for groups, families and kids as well. Wonderful atmosphere and friendly service make it an enjoyable dining experience. Reservations need to be made in advance as they are usually booked up on weekends.Special Features:
- Ambiance was great... CaveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Ambiance was great... Cave like/romantic feel. The service was outstanding! Sean (our server) was fantastic! Loved the meats and dessert.Special Features:
- Great place for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013If you want to impress your lady, this is the place to take her.Special Features:
- This is a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013This is a great place to dine and have a conversation. We went with another couple and were able to visit for a couple of hours while enjoying a variety of foods. Previously my wife and I went for a quiet "get away" evening with the same result. The staff is friendly and courteous. We plan to return again soon.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Our server was very knowledgeable and offered suggestions when asked. The food was great and am already planning for next time! My favorite food.... everything.Special Features:
- FABULOUS FONDUES FOR ROMANTICShawaiicoupleDined on 4/23/2013A wonderful restaurant, romantic ambiance, fabulous cheese fondue -- Traditional Swiss Chalet, my favorite. We appreciated the generous amount of grated cheese. The gorgonzola field greens salad was beautifully presented and delicious. The Millionaire's chocolate fondue was rich and sweet with rich milk chocolate and caramel. Service was excellent but I did have to ask for the walnuts which was supposed to be included with the Millionaire's fondue. It was brought quickly. Say "Yes!" if you are asked if you like to roast marshmellows, as brandy will be poured on all the marshmellows, one is lit which then lights yours and then the whole chocolate bowl flames up with a fiery blue flame - fantastic! A meal to remember!Special Features:
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013Food was outstanding, from the very fresh spinach and strawberry salad, to the rocky road chocolate fondue.Special Features:
- Perfect!MartaayDined on 4/21/2013We were very pleased! Blessed night of food and fun!Special Features:
- hostess was cold, but allOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2013hostess was cold, but all other staff was friendly.Special Features:
- Third time dining at simplyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Third time dining at simply fondue and it just keeps getting better! Sean was our server this time, and is extremely knowledgeable about the menu and very helpful! The manager, Chris, is also fabulous!!!Special Features:
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Fabulous night! Nice leisurely dinner. Our waiter was outstanding and added to the experience. Definitely left full.Special Features:
- we liked the cheese fondueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013we liked the cheese fondue and the chocolate but I recommend that the food be prepared in the kitchen. the smell and smoke inside the restaurant was horrible. we had to go back home and shower right away and wash our clothes. It took us 3 hours to finish our meal and the kids were tired and said never again.
- This was my first fondue experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013This was my first fondue experience and it was amazing. Our waiter Ashley was simply perfect. She was a great teacher and helped us get through the meal with cooking times and everything. We are already saving up for our next visit. Some of the best food that I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Food & service was grate.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Food & service was grate. It was fun and different will return with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2013We had great service on our visit. The waitress was very helpful with suggestions and even remade our cheese fondue when she wasn't happy with how the cheese was melting (too much beer). She brought us more dippers on the cheese and dessert rounds. Although we were not in the bar, we could hear the live music (folky, almost Grateful Dead-like), and the bar area seemed to be hopping. It was nice to see in this quiet neighborhood-centered location. There are a lot of great deals for this restaurant (we used a Groupon), so I would suggest looking around so you don't pay full price.Special Features:
- Overall, the experience ofMamamayaDined on 4/17/2013Overall, the experience of the restaurant was fun and the service was great. However, being Swiss, I may be more critical than most. The "Swiss" fondue did not taste as if it were made with Switzerland Swiss cheeses. The kitchen has quite a liberal hand with the sugar bowl: everything was tooth achingly sweet! (the dressings, the sauces for dipping) Worth going to once, doubt I'll return!Special Features:
- My wife and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013My wife and I had a wonderful time, the food was excellent the service was great, we had a great time and yes, we would return. The server made it fun and we both enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- The four course meal offersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013The four course meal offers lots of choice. Before our meal, our waitress thoroughly explained the details of fondue dining ( esp. if that is your first visit and you are new to fondue dining).... The different combinations /selection of the fondue dips and the hand-on approach to cooking your own food at the table makes it a fun dining experience for the adults and kids. We love the mediterranean cheese fondue dip. The chocolate fondue for dessert course pleased my kids tremendously as well. Everyone get to try/eat something they like.Special Features:
- SEAN ROCKS!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013Best fondue around, Sean is the best server by far. He will make the experience. so be sure to request him.Special Features:
- Very fun dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013Very fun dining experience. Food was great & our waiter was exceptional. It's perfect for a special dinner. We loved it and will go back.Special Features:
- Food was very good as always.GampiDined on 4/7/2013Food was very good as always. The whole team took perfect care of us. We will return for sure.
- This is a place that offersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013This is a place that offers a wonderful eating experience.Special Features:
- This place was great. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013This place was great. I had never been there and our server was so great helping me decide what to get. Loved the atmosphere. Definitely would come back.Special Features:
- Excellent place! Need goggles.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Great food, great experience. Ventalation needs improvement. Been there twice, and both times, the steam and smoke from the grill and pots eventually irritates your eyes. They need to improve the airflow... Other than that, great!Special Features:
- We stumbled upon this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013We stumbled upon this restaurant a while ago on a "let's try this place" night out and we were hooked. It is a hidden gem. It was so good we weren't sure if we wanted to tell people about it or keep it to ourselves. We enjoy dimply fondue so much we figured it wasn't fair to not tell our friends and families. It is a fun place for date night or for a dinner out with some friends. Great service, great food, and great ambiance. Simply Fondue is so good and the word has spread, make sure you plan ahead and make reservations well in advance.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2013We went to this restaurant because we had received a Groupon as a gift. It is a fun concept to cook your own dinner at your table for a one time experience. We each started with a glass of house wine (just ok)and a salad. The wedge salad was a nice size and very tasty. The cheese fondue was made at the table and we were given tiny pieces of bread and relish items to dip. Not too exciting. The meat you cook yourself. We chose to "grill" ours, but instead it was in a fry pan with oil. We each had 2 pieces of shrimp, chicken, ahi and beef. The last course we chose was a Bailey's chocolate fondue to dip our tiny pieces of fruit, cake and marshmallows in. Overall, small portions to share. We left with our clothes smelling like the cooking oils.
- Beats its competition hands down!JburgartVIPDined on 4/5/2013Wow is about all I can say. We've been so impressed with Simply Fondue. It outshines it's competition in so many ways, and we've been to the "other" fondue place all over the country. We like the food selection here much better. The grill cooking choice is really nice and a great option for healthier food but still maintains a lot of flavor. If you do the grill be aware that the garlic they want to add at the beginning will seriously burn, so we leave it out. And also know that the sweet potatoes take the longest to cook so put them in first. We've liked every meat we have chosen. Also, they have a "Light" option that isn't on the menu which includes cheese, salad and chocolate so you might want to ask about that. YUMMY YUMMY!!Special Features:
- Good price for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/3/2013Good price for the quality of food given. Service is not spectacular but barely even there other than to put your food on the table. Pretty smoky in the restaurant but beautiful and the prices are much better than the melting pot. Good portions and food so will be back.
- Our waiter was very helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013Our waiter was very helpful and explained everything about the meal. The food was excellent and I look forward to coming back shortly.Special Features:
- Server was really knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Server was really knowledgeable and friendly made it a great experience very attentive! Food was fantastic! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Greeat service. Love the liveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/30/2013Greeat service. Love the live band. great food and great prices. Very much so worth every dollar spent
- We celebrated my daughtersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013We celebrated my daughters 21st birthday at Simply Fondue. It was a wonderful night. We enjoyed fabulous food and great conversation.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingJburgartVIPDined on 3/23/2013Our first experience at this restaurant, although we've been to several other fondue places, this was the best by far. The food options are immense, something for everyone. We had a Groupon offer which was too good to turn down but we wouldn't hesitate to go back and pay full price. Endless fondue refills....that's simply amazing.Special Features:
- On a scale of 1-10 it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013On a scale of 1-10 it was a clear 15! Great menu options and the restaurant name, (Simply Fondue) belies the originality and flavor choices on the menu! Fun AND tasty!Special Features: