101 L.G. Smith Blvd.
Palm Beach, Aruba 99553Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arubarestaurants.com/sea-food/simply-fi
- Phone: 520-6537
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6.15pm - 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment from 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm.
A word from Simply Fish
Marriott"s beach front restaurant Simply Fish is the best kept secret on the island and the perfect setting for a romantic dinner. Under waving palm trees, while wiggling your toes in the sand you'll enjoy a magnificent sunset and a superb meal. Although our specialty is seafood, our chefs know exactly how to please meat lovers too. Dress code is island casual....Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Simply Fish - Best Restaurants in Aruba ›
Simply Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (74)scenic view (74)great for outdoor dining (70)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Simply the best for ambianceTheresaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Romantic, romantic and did I say romantic. Our table was set up right on the sand - the staff was friendly and service was excellent. There was soft music and the tranquil ocean - what more can you ask for - oh and the food - deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014I went here for a birthday dinner last week for my boyfriend. I forgot that I even mentioned we were going to be there to celebrate his birthday and when we arrived they had special menus with the date and our names on the front. It was a really nice surprise. The tables are right on the water and we were there just after sunset. It was a perfect way to end a sun filled day. We had the macadamia crusted grouper(it was awesome!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, average food, over pricedSPNJfoodieMomDined on 11/12/2014Set on the beach at the Marriott you cannot beat the ambiance of this place. Aside from ambiance though in comparison with the other restaurants in Aruba the food and service is just not worth the price point. It is basic grilled fish and nothing about the fish or sides will wow you. The food tastes good so if the prices were lower or the food was more exciting i would recommend this place but right now those things dont match up.Special Features:
- Simply FishfussydinerDined on 11/10/2014Simply the best ambiance and food I have ever expierenced. Quite Romantic with feet in the sand as the water laps onto the beach edge, tourch lighting and especially private. The service is next to none. The menu is not only super tasting but quite comprehensive and unusual. Eat here if you wish to have one of the most delightful meals with that special someone that neither of you will ever forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach restaurant415bellDined on 11/3/2014Tables are located on the beach. The food was very good but expensive. The beef dish was overpriced, it was over $50.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service great....KevinDined on 11/2/2014but the soaking wet chair i sat on while waiting for our table was a rough start to the night. Wet shorts and shirt made dinner less enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2014Wonderful anniversary dinner! It exceeded our expectations! Will definitely come back on out next Aruba visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Experiences EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014First time in Aruba and this was recommended as a must do. It was a special occasion for my wife and I and we were not disappointed. Pedro served us and was excellent. Food was great and will definately be a return visit to the island and this special place. Great job all.Special Features:
- Romantic NightEllieDined on 10/31/2014Simply Fish setting was beautiful. Service was great. The fish dinner was a little dry and needed more flavour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much going on....focus!DannoDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I went back to simply fish on our recent return to Aruba. Three years ago we loved the specialness of being served dinner on a quite beach under the stars. This time- they have tripled the size of the operation, added flood lights, a bad one-man entertainment system, and poor service. Food is average and no longer does the atmosphere carry it. To top it off, the marriott had two mega events going on outside at the same time - a techno DJ handling a large crowd and a 'carnival' performance. These events bracketed the 'special' outdoor dining experience and distorted the experience. Do not get sold on this place when 'Barefoot' is 10 minutes away.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Went for my 30th anniversary, sitting on beach up close to the beach AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food , beautiful viewBettyBoopDined on 10/26/2014Just returned from Aruba. Had a marvelous meal on the beach watching a beautiful sunset. Recommend the Macadamia crusted grouper or pan seared sea bass - very romantic - great live background musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vacation StartPaulYDined on 10/20/2014Simply Fish has been our "go to" place to start Aruban vacations. As the name states, it does one thing and it does it very well. You can't beat having dinner by the surf wiggling toes in the sand. The menu is on the pricey end of the scale, but, hey, it's vacation.Special Features:
- feet in the sanddeadhead1Dined on 10/19/2014A bit pricey but great seafood and service makes this worthwhile. Arrive early to watch the sun set as you dine. We went last year and again this year and will return one more time before we leave Aruba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Beach Dinnerthe2MDTravelersDined on 10/13/2014The wife and I had a wonderful time. We ended up with a late reservation due to other commitments but it was well worth the wait. The food was very good and the portion sizes were not the typical fancy restaurant small, they were good a good size. The waiter, Juan and his assistant were also very good and took good care of us. The wife had the coconut cake and I would highly recommend it as unique and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing romantic meal!FantasticFiveVIPDined on 10/10/2014We reserved at table at opening (6:15) to be able to watch the sunset. We were seated right in the front by the beach and had a perfect view! We had the bouillabaisse, calamari and lobster salad ($28 extra charge after taxes) for apps. I had the barramundi (AMAZING!) and my husband had the Corvina which was also delicious. The coconut cake for dessert was divine! Our waiter was knowledgeable and personable. We honestly can't wait to go back to Simply Fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is disappointingluv2dineDined on 10/9/2014The view of the beach was breathtaking and created a beautiful ambience. However, the food was just okay. We also ordered a couple of desserts that were not very delicious. But the restaurant provided wonderful scenery and service. In fact, that is hard to beat. We found so many other restaurants on the island that provided superior food.Special Features:
- Simply Fish Means Simply TastelessWhitjudyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great view but the food here is absolutely horrendous. My husband and I both had 2 different types of fish grilled and there was absolutely no seasoning or preparation...SIMPLY FISH. We took the assistant waiter's advice and got the coconut cake dessert...yuck...tasted like bad coconut flan. On top of this, there's a really poor music. Guy playing the instrument and singing sounded drunk. Do without the music if you cannot provide someone that has any ability. Not worth the money or view. There are many other restaurants on the island you can get a nice view.Special Features:
- WOWTNBeckyDined on 10/2/2014Fourth time here. Happened on it by accident the first time but now is a deliberate choice. Great food, great views , romantic. Service was a little slow but worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven can wait.BeachSpiritDined on 9/30/2014Great time spent on the beach. Good wine watching the sunset and the fish was simply great. We will be going back for a second meal before going back to the cold and snow. Service was excellent and the dishes were full.Special Features:
- Great food. Ultimate view.MikeDined on 9/30/2014You arrive to a beautiful section of Palm beach. The staff is very interested in making it a special night for you. The wait staff was fantastic. The food was great. But the reason you'll love this restaurant is the romantic ambiance. Watch the sun go down with you toes in the sand and a cold drink. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset dinnerJbeanDined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed our sunset dinner on the beach. My husband had the lobster tail and said it was good. My grouper was okay, not quite done enough, and my side vegetables were cold. However, the coconut cake for dessert was amazing. I didn't give it 5 stars because the service was slow, as previous reviewers have mentioned. Overall, we enjoyed it. It was a unique experience to dine with your toes in the sand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againTerryVIPDined on 9/28/2014food was barely edible 2 out of four of our diners could not eat their dinnerSpecial Features:
- Loved it!!RomanticDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I had the surf and turf. It was delicious! Food and service were great! Highly recommend it!!! Very romantic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!YummyDined on 9/27/2014Traditionally our place to spend our first night in Aruba. Beautiful, romantic and relaxing place to have dinner. Good food, too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!AndyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Overpriced and under value. Two orders of halibut. Very small portion with large price. Over cooked; lacked any moistness whatsoever. Tiny lobster tail with nondescript flavor. Below average food in Aruba, especially within a 10 minute walk of the major hotels.
- Just beautiful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Just gorgeous! Plan your dinner for sunset- make your reservation for 615-630! Trust me!! Food was good but the experience is really why you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Dinner on the BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Exactly that... A sunset dinner on the beach. Beautiful. Wonderful ambiance. Friendly and generous staff. Can't go wrong with this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were there for our 5th anniversary, our family asked to have a bottle of wine delivered to our table. This never happened! It was requested only 20min before our reservation time. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- The views don't get any betterdiningoutDined on 9/8/2014Awesome location on the beach. Our server Daniel was amazing. Good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodWaltDizzneyDined on 9/7/2014Good, not GREAT. Get the Grouper, not the Tuna. Lovely setting, on the beach(feet in the sand), soft Caribbean music in the background, attentive servers, a sample of Shrimp from the chef (this is going to be great, I thought). My meal, Grouper, was great. My wife's entree, Tuna, not so great...a different type of Tuna than we are used to?? The menu is limited, and difficult to find online. I'd go back again but, the wife may suggest another of Aruba's many fine restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The quality of our meals where not as expected. Cold and un-tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayWedzDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding service, great beach view of a fabulous sunset. The fresh catches of the day were perfect. When in Aruba it is a can't miss!Special Features:
- Very RomanticTheJonesesDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had dinner at Simply Fish, during our stay in Aruba on our honeymoon. Absolutely gorgeous view. Very romantic. Food is excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant. The guitarist was simply the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/1/2014This was our second visit to Simply Fish. They've made improvements to the seating. Book at table 30 minutes before local sunset and you will be absolutely amazed. The service was good and non-intrusive. The food is expensive but still very good. Make sure you ask the server to identify the locally sourced fish. I noticed they now have swai on the menu which is Vietnamese catfish, not something you want to pay a lot for when it's available for a couple of dollars a pound in your local supermarket. Generally, the atmosphere is beautiful but don't book on nights where the Marriott does it's outdoor Caribbean show as it can be loud and distracting. Also, don't be surprised because people do like to drag young children to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave your sandals at the doororlandofoodieDined on 8/29/2014Great location on the beach! As you enter, you leave your sandals at the door and dine with your toes in the sand. Excellent food, excellent service. Don't go on a windy night. By the time dinner was over our table, food, eyes, hair, etc. were filled with sand. However, we've eaten at Simply Fish in the past and had no issues with sand so it just depends on the weather. Beautiful views of the water and the sunset. Very romantic setting. Good value - fish dinner with 2 sides was $40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Fish - beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food is overpriced for what it is - some menu items seem like that are frozen and then just reheated. The fish soup is delicious!! You are paying for the ambiance which cannot be beat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Beautiful dinner with my husband ocean view. What could be better!Special Features:
- Picture perfect dinnerAnniversary17Dined on 8/17/2014Such a perfect dinner - great service, simply amazing view right as the sun is setting, and great food. I made a nite that it was out anniversary and they even gave us a small gift! Truly great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting not serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014The setting for simply fish could not be more beautiful, right on the water and gorgeous Aruba sunset. However, the poor service and mediocre food left us disappointed. The drinks were double the price that we've paid elsewhere on the island ($8 for a balashi) and with so many options for great food that's reasonably priced, we probably wouldn't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.